Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:43 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 8, Gimli wrote:
In post 6, Black wrote: VOTE: CSF

It's been too long my sweet kitty
dumb read to get this going

if black was svs with CSF then she'd have talked with her already in their PT and would therefore not say its been too long
Nice that you're being honest about it being a dumb read :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 9, DragonEater70 wrote: Also I was about to note that I have FINALLY rolled scum with Black but then I saw this:

In post 1, Datisi wrote:
seriously
claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
Why you gotta ruin my fun, Datisi :igmeou:

(for the record, I am scum with Black. But like, only in my imagination)
Can't help but feel for this, I've wanted to claim scum like this before only to be foiled by these pesky rules :(
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:54 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 10, Gimli wrote:
In post 9, DragonEater70 wrote: Also I was about to note that I have FINALLY rolled scum with Black but then I saw this:

In post 1, Datisi wrote:
seriously
claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
Why you gotta ruin my fun, Datisi :igmeou:

(for the record, I am scum with Black. But like, only in my imagination)
dumb read #2

if DE was scum with anyone, he wouldn't say he is scum with black in his imagination cause that's not very nice with his scum partner
Cool, still being honest about the reads being dumb. I guess it's kinda townie for you to throw out reads like this, but I don't think it's AI for Dragon.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 19, DragonEater70 wrote: Gotcha.

I am trying out a new strategy this game of being stingy with townreads (based on a post by Dannflor in my Mafia Discussion thread), so I am going to say that this thought process is NAI (but I still wanna townread you deep inside. Being stingy with townreads is HARD).
Oh, is that why you made that thread? So you can waffle on whether you're townreading people or not? "I'm not townreading you because of This Discussion Thread (but actually I'm townreading you) :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:05 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 20, DragonEater70 wrote: Oh wow Dannflor is in this game. So I can get live coaching from him on this.
Yes, you should definitely do that. Great idea. I'm certainly not suggesting that because I'm scum with Dannflor (in my imagination) :P
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 26, Hu Tao wrote: The only 2 players I fear. Kay and Dannflor. How will I survive this game :shifty:
Hey, I want to be feared too! How do you know you shouldn't fear me? :evil:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 32, Dannflor wrote: May feels like town
But what about me? :cry:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:18 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 79, DragonEater70 wrote: Wow this game is going to be hell. I'd greatly appreciate it on a personal level if you tone it down.
??? This directed at me? If so, sorry, I'm just playing around, not trying to be hurtful.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 447, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 430, Gimli wrote: drew theyre trying to kill me pls help
Meh

UNVOTE:

Is there a tldr before I catch up?
Gimli is role-playing Flavor Leaf. And DE and I may have stepped on each other's toes as soon as I started posting, so I'm scum for backing off for a while instead of hyperposting like everyone else.

I'm at work and not reading everything though, so take that with a grain of salt. ;)
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 454, Dannflor wrote:
In post 450, Duelist Kage wrote: Gimli is role-playing Flavor Leaf. And DE and I may have stepped on each other's toes as soon as I started posting, so I'm scum for backing off for a while instead of hyperposting like everyone else.
is this a comment on gimli's alignment?
More a warning that I will policy vote there :twisted:

As for a read, Gimli having and discarding reads like clothes is bad. It's a tactic that can be used by town but fits better in the hands of scum, who have no accountability for their reads because that one you're discussing is old and you just need to get over it. I'm not even reading closely yet but I'm pretty sure Gimli has both townread and scumread every slot in the game except me already. It keeps everyone off balance but does little to progress with actual solving, and comes off especially fake to me because somehow everyone else escapes his PoE at some point but it's always just consistently small enough to be considering one certain person my supposed partner at any given time. So the idea is nobody else feels too personally threatened by being scumread, because the PoE is minimal and the rotating slot is just constantly changing anyway. In a townie thought process where he's constantly re-evaluating, I feel he'd genuinely shake up his reads entirely from time to time and consider a world where he's just wrong. But I'm not seeing any genuine paranoia here, and that indicates it's a scum power play.

I definitely don't want this slot to see ELO, it needs to be resolved first because if he's actually town he's not going to be trusted by anyone.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 610, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: less than 48 hours in but it already feels like today's elimination is a foregone conclusion

how in the hell
This feels like a really fake reaction, given the way Gimli has been acting. He's literally calling me a "textbook lurker" when the game length has barely passed the prod timer. That's a false narrative and if you're town you should be realizing it here, not making excuses for him. This is a highly active game but that doesn't make people who actually have lives and can't spend all day every day writing posts and reading things lurkers. I just spent over 10 hours at work, where my ability to do Mafia things is highly limited and sporadic, so I will need to spend some time catching up on things now as I literally didn't even read all of the pages that happened in that time, let alone have time to process and reply to them.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 629, Black wrote:
In post 625, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 610, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: less than 48 hours in but it already feels like today's elimination is a foregone conclusion

how in the hell
This feels like a really fake reaction, given the way Gimli has been acting. He's literally calling me a "textbook lurker" when the game length has barely passed the prod timer. That's a false narrative and if you're town you should be realizing it here, not making excuses for him. This is a highly active game but that doesn't make people who actually have lives and can't spend all day every day writing posts and reading things lurkers. I just spent over 10 hours at work, where my ability to do Mafia things is highly limited and sporadic, so I will need to spend some time catching up on things now as I literally didn't even read all of the pages that happened in that time, let alone have time to process and reply to them.
If you haven't read all the pages from the last 10 hours then how do you have such a strong and detailed read on Gimli?
How do you
not
have such an impression? I read a lot sporadically when I could but definitely lost a few as it was going too fast, but I don't need to have read
every
page to see him constantly skipping from 'solves' of Kage/Kay to Kage/Dann to Kage/Black to Kage/Kay to Kage/May and lord even knows what else.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 630, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 625, Duelist Kage wrote:

how in the hell
Textbook lurker is perhaps uncharitable, but he wouldn't be the first person this game to feel like the game has lasted ages (relatively speaking, see Dann's push on Black)

I don't see what that has to do with my reaction. We do not share the same sense of game time, probably because Gimli has >100 posts already and has been under pressure most of the time

I think what posts you have written are scummy, activity aside
I don't see what that
doesn't
have to do with your reaction. If you think things are set in stone already, and it's not even been 48 hours, shouldn't that be your cue to
slow down
and stop feeding the activity grind? Alignment is not determined based on who can post the most.

And I look forward to finding your explanation on why you think I'm scummy because I'm not sure I've seen it yet. Maybe you were the one who thought I posted fluff because I made a few jokes at the start? Sorry I expected this game and the players to be fun, I guess. You usually are or I wouldn't have signed up.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 636, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 634, Doctor Drew wrote: I have been in your spot more times than I would like to admit lol.....don't be afraid to take a day away from the game, that sometimes can help reset things and let you come back with a fresh outlook on things and help you enjoy yourself some more.

I also need to look at Kage some more, and everytime I see CSF post I am reminded that they are in this game lol
How this game has played out so far, if I were gone for a day, I could come back to dead chat. And what's worse is I don't even think my death would help town solve anything. Lose, lose scenario.
^^^ this

Drew, you're gonna be sorry you replaced in here, in spite of the playerlist this is the No Fun Zone :(
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Forming a towncore of Drew, Kay and I
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 650, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: you've sort of lost me now. If you're talking about me I have one of the lower post counts on this board. The activity grind isn't on me. This playerlist is just a very active, very tryhard one. But if I feel like things are going down the wrong track, I will say so. I'm not sure what the issue is?

If you're talking about Gimli, he is the top poster, because you're going to post when you're under pressure. As KJQ noted, if he stops posting, he could just get limmed.

Yeah the fluff and I also thought the way you presented your read in was unnatural. I guess Black put it best

You're saying that "things are moving too fast" because you don't want to push Gimli. But Gimli has been the one stoking the fire of how fast things are moving, with his rapid churn of reads and solves and calling me lurkscum for taking a break when stuff got tense (even though I still don't understand why Dragon was offended by me making a joke about him listening to Dannflor :?). So why are you appealing to
other
people instead of advising Gimli to take a breath? There was nothing 'set in stone' about what was going on- look, now
I'm
the one most at risk of getting flipped today! This is what happens when people actually allow time for others to talk! So your analysis was just plain wrong and reads as you trying to defend Gimli without actually defending him, just complaining about how faaaaast it's all happening. It was just a matter of hours ago that Kay was getting scrutinized for unvoting with him at E-1 and nobody but her thought there was a risk of the wagon actually getting hammered already. Where is this sense of despair and urgency coming from?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 657, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 648, Duelist Kage wrote: Forming a towncore of Drew, Kay and I
Will there be some whiskey in our towncore?
Well... you're bringing some, right? :shifty:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Let it never be known that Drew does not have his priorities in order :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

So, I'm starting to do my re-read and I want to call your attention to this thought from Gimli:
In post 93, Gimli wrote:
In post 90, DragonEater70 wrote: Yeah I'm not TRing DK at all for this... uh, let's call it a "stylish catch up". Hence the vote becoming serious. Ivd really appreciate you jumping on the wagon, Gimli.
I wanna find the townies and not jump on any wagons for now but I see what you're saying
This was made after I aborted my initial attempt to engage with the game due to the issues with Dragon. I made zero posts after this for him to develop any further read upon between this- where he doesn't care enough to even vote me- and him deciding that I'm lockscum (but being constantly unable to decide exactly who else is). There isn't really an actual read, it's a matter of the convenience of me not being around so he can push me and I'm not objecting. If he can constantly think of how Kay might be scum and Dann might be scum and May might be scum then how is it that they're never more than one at a time scum with me?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:31 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 105, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 92, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 85, DragonEater70 wrote: Then in this case I will say they are sarcastic. Unless you think a game with 5 scum and 4 town is possible.
You tell me :lol:
I feel like you're playing the newbie / "I'm so lost" card too much for it to be natural and hiding behind it sorta

VOTE: KayJayQueue
Hmm, I understand this position, as I read some of a game Kay recently completed, considering replacing in, and I definitely had her in my potential solve along with the actual scum team. (That was a pretty sad game). But I'm disliking it more now, seeing as DE was getting on Gimli's case at the time and now here's a CSF/Gimli defense.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 108, Dannflor wrote: boo

the wink wink nudge nudge secret meta reads are not fun to decipher
See, this was part of my issue with what was going on with DE. I did not expect to come into this game and have him jump around pointing at me going "hey look, an alt! I know who it is!" People now think that he was meta-reading me. He said he wasn't because I'm on an alt so I may be trying to play differently. And yet the way he acted makes people think he is. Without knowing whether he even has the ability to do so (he doesn't). His presumed meta becomes an unfalsifiable argument, short of me explaining more about who I am/why I'm on an alt. I had certain hopes for addressing these things, as I didn't intend or expect to keep my main's identity a secret forever (or even a long time), and having to do so to address a "are you meta-reading me or not" situation was absolutely not any of those hopes. If people guess (like DE did), that's fine and expected (not that I'm trying to make it
too
easy).
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:55 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 115, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 108, Dannflor wrote: the wink wink nudge nudge secret meta reads are not fun to decipher
Who posted anything like that? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who knows Kage's identity and I didn't really do any meta read of her (aside from saying she should know Gimli's meta, which just trust me on this).
See? What even is this. It's not meta, oh except for this one thing which he just totally made up? If he's town, as seems likely at the moment, he's totally projecting his own confidence because
he
feels like he knows Gimli's meta therefore I, as someone he knows has played with Gimli before, must
also
know. It's awful.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:08 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 121, Dannflor wrote: That doesn’t do a lot for me personally

I think you can decide something is within someone’s scum range even if they’ve never done it before

And it’s not like duelist commented on some out-there gambit or something, it was literally just you throwing reads out there early

which also i feel like you do that all the time lol hence you making a thread about how to not throw reads out there so easily
And yes, this post is why I'm leaning town on Dannflor right now, even if I have a few concerns. He can see straight through how bad that was. "I've never done this as scum therefore that's a fake read" is staggering. First, how would I even know whether someone has
ever
done something? I doubt any of us read every single thing that other players do. Second, I would have had so many more pleasant games without anyone ever being able to do anything but townread me if "I haven't ever done it as scum therefore I'm town" was how reads worked. :?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 130, Black wrote:
In post 46, DragonEater70 wrote: Hu Tao can you stop deliberately doing NAI stuff and start doing AI stuff?
In post 47, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 46, DragonEater70 wrote: Hu Tao can you stop deliberately doing NAI stuff and start doing AI stuff?
Why? It is literally 1.5 pages in? And why ask me this over everyone else?
In post 48, DragonEater70 wrote: Everyone else are not deliberately doing NAI things but are deliberately doing AI things
In post 50, Hu Tao wrote: Do you feel confident enough to read me if I start?
I don't like this sequence from Hu. She seems overly defensive in response to Dragon telling her to do stuff. Then she questions Dragon's confidence in reading her which to me feels like she's trying to sow doubt in his mind
I disagree with this read for the most part. I appreciated Hu being willing to not play by DE's rules and it gave me definite town pings. I'm having some qualms about her at this point from later play, but I'll address that later if I still feel the same after I catch up.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 131, Black wrote:
In post 101, DragonEater70 wrote: VOTE: Gimli

I will switch back to DK if anyone wants to help me push her since I am 1.6 times as much confident on her as I am confident on Gimli. Also Gimli if you want me to unvote all you have to do is vote DK.
DK feels kinda appease-y and nice but I think that could just be a personality thing

Why do you scumread her?
Also

Uh

Where did this read come from? Appease-y and nice? Please explain. :dead:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 137, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 129, Gimli wrote:
In post 125, KayJayQueue wrote: Okay well since it’s a micro, these busses can’t get too long or you’ll actually kill me so please stop.
do you have reads tho, kay?

I think the game has had a lot of AI content and yet you gave no input
You may see things as AI but I’ve only played with 2 of these people so for everyone else, I can’t tell if it’s their personality, their play style or something that would indicate to me that they are scum. If you say there has been a lot, I can honestly say I can’t pinpoint much if any yet. If that’s going to make me a target or read as using being new as an excuse for being scum, I don’t know what else I can do. But it gets a little tiring when everything I do is construed as faking my inexperience or using it as an excuse, and that being used as a scumread on me.

This isn’t just about this game, it’s been in every game so I’m sorry for being a bit exhausted from defending myself from those specific accusations.
This is me in so many games still. And Gimli knows Kay is new, he should not have such high expectations for newcomers getting thrown into the fire trying to figure out not just how they play but how all these other people play.

Psssssssst, Kay

You should make an alt

Then just act like you know everything

Nobody will know whether you do or not
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 163, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 159, Black wrote:
In post 157, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: damn Black is here to play
Vote Hu with me? I'm fairly confident she's scum
I saw your case, but I'd expect most people to react defensively if someone asked them to start playing seriously on page 2

I guess I'll wait for her respond to the Dragon read thing, but I didn't really see an issue with her
Wow, I love how CSF has the same viewpoint on being expected to play seriously on page 2 as I have (it's obnoxious); and also thinks that this does not hold for me, for I am not allowed to post fluff. :?

Black's push on Hu feels stiff here, I'm not getting the sense of her really believing in it. I liked that she dug into Kay's history a bit though, so it's a bit of a wash and she's still sitting around null.

And I'm gonna have to sleep, I cannot just stay up all night replying to things like this.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 675, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 667, Duelist Kage wrote: So why are you appealing to other people instead of advising Gimli to take a breath?
tl;dr I don't get why this matters
I suppose it's possible I'm just salty about being scumread for 'lurking' by someone who can sit around and post all day, and expect too much from others to pick up on the obviously wrong-headed way of trying to make reads. If you've been actively defending Gimli for cause, I haven't gotten to it yet, I'll assess it when I can. Hopefully work tomorrow won't be as bad and I can do more.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 701, May wrote: I'm worried I've caused multiple people to rep out

Mafia isn't worth playing if it's not fun for other people.

I feel concerned and worried

:/
Please don't worry so much, I think little if any of it is even related to you. Mistakes were made, especially by me. I should have known better than to sign up for this game at the stage in I'm with regard to playing Mafia, but the impulse took me anyway. I think you guys would've definitely had a smoother and more pleasant experience without me, so I'm sorry for that. :?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 703, Dannflor wrote: I forget if making a post after you say you’re going to bed is a scum tell or not

I feel like I remember someone in MD having convincing evidence on that at some point
Really, Dannflor? This seems a bit beneath you, not even just because I didn't even say I
was
going to bed right this instant. Did you also dig out the one where someone thinks replacements are more likely to be scum, is that why you're voting Drew now? Which we're not doing today.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 717, Black wrote: Getting slightly worried about CSF even though everyone else in the game is basically locktowning her. It's just a vibe read but she feels really engaged and a little control-y, like she's trying to direct the thread and manage the gamestate. Could just be a paranoid read though
I have literally been in a position before to read CSF as she plays while knowing that she's town and still thought from her posting that she was a little on the scummy side. So I don't feel confident reading this slot from her posting style, and it baffles me that so many people do.

I did finally remember that I did actually see what I guess was (part of?) her defense of Gimli - that he supposedly doesn't have anyone he could be partnered with except me, and I thought that was incredibly backwards as I'm the least likely slot that could be partnered with him. Surely nobody would think that we would see DE throw out a page 5 solve of the two of us and be so threatened by it that we decided to just try to bus each other so much.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

I refuse to be a lemming and go to France.

But maybe the slot is redeemable. We'll see.

BTW Black, did you miss my question in 690?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 755, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 754, Duelist Kage wrote: I refuse to be a lemming and go to France.

But maybe the slot is redeemable. We'll see.

BTW Black, did you miss my question in 690?
That's not very Nice
Thank you, I knew I could count on you to appreciate a bad joke.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 757, Dannflor wrote: why do you think dragon/drew is town, duelist

sorry if i missed it
I'm not entirely sure, but I feel better about it and my ability to read Drew than anyone else right now, because I don't think he's partnered with Gimli, and that slot is sitting poorly. One goes down, the other goes up.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 762, Dannflor wrote:
In post 760, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 757, Dannflor wrote: why do you think dragon/drew is town, duelist

sorry if i missed it
I'm not entirely sure, but I feel better about it and my ability to read Drew than anyone else right now, because I don't think he's partnered with Gimli, and that slot is sitting poorly. One goes down, the other goes up.
you have a read on drew?
On Drew specifically? He hasn't done anything but vibe yet so not really. He's a read that can build better over time. The not doing anything but vibe yet yet could be town ai, but that's more of a gamestate read. In a world where he's scum, I don't think he or his partner feel threatened.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:07 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

Like, I saw your argument about Dragon's AtE in the post above that and I totally get it. I felt much the same about it being illogical, I already touched on that. I just don't really expect the same logic from Dragon- we don't think alike at all. We have a hard time reading each other. So I hesitate to assign anything ai to it all.

Also I like fun vibes :(
In post 785, Dannflor wrote:
In post 721, Duelist Kage wrote: is that why you're voting Drew now? Which we're not doing today.
okay im sorry if you don't have a solid read on drew why did you act like it was ridiculous to vote drew today
Uh, because Drew is Dragon, who's not scum with Gimli? I just went over this. :?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 769, Klick wrote:
Disappointingly, my top townread coming out of Page 1 is Gimli
...Drew, do you have a yellow m&m handy? :shifty:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 771, Klick wrote: Hello :D
This game has a fantastic playerlist and you are a top contributor to that
Uh oh, he's trying to pocket us!

...why does it actually feel effective?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

...Drew, I almost want to tinfoil you teamed with Dannflor for that. :lol: But I'm pretty sure you just missed the context. You are not the entirely of the slot and I don't need to have a strong read on your specific play to have a position on your status.

Also I want people to listen to me and if I speak forcefully they have to listen. It's in the rules somewhere. :twisted:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Well Klick, at least you're polite enough to tell us how nice it is to be here and how great we are before laying it on. It's actually appreciated. The game's been rather a chore for the most part. :?
In post 794, Klick wrote: Duelist Kage is the first person I feel legitimately sus about early on
Hmmmmmm. My brain is going in all sorts of directions now.

Can you explain what exactly it is you think in my early posts is suspect? And is it suspect for me specifically, or suspect in general? (I'm thinking you figured out who I am, it's okay, you can say it. I never expected to stay a mystery for long and I'm getting really tired of having these extra layers.)
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 818, Black wrote: I'm down to fade like 5 people. Dannflor is one of them and I like Klick's entrance so I sheep
How did you go from not being comfortable with any fade to being down to fade a bunch of people so fast?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 893, May wrote:Obligatory alt guess Hectic

How many more times can I make myself super sad this page
I've heard of that person! That means they're a lot cooler than I am. :?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 870, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: My kneejerk reaction to Kage's catch up is that it was really scum

Generally speaking, the style of catch up where you go back and respond to posts from 20+ pages ago is +scum because we have all moved past that part of the conversation and it serves very little purpose to advance the game.

Why I think it is +scum is because that style of catch up makes it seem like you have a lot of ~thoughts~ about the game without having to respond to posts in real time. Scum can take their time to think about how to respond to certain posts
This is fair, I had realized myself after I finished last night that it wasn't a productive way of doing it given the time sink, and am going to just read what I missed/skimmed, maybe make myself a few notes. It's hard for me to decide how to respond to things that I wasn't able to reply to relatively quickly, and I don't really have a regular system for it, I just sorta wing it however it feels works best at the time.
I also don't think town would write this. DE is no longer in the game, and no one was really sheeping his meta read anyway. And furthermore, Kage was
townreading
DE/Drew

in terms of priorities, given Kage doesn't have much time to spend on the time (not blaming you for that), this simply doesn't seem like something she would take the time to write as town
Why am I not supposed to complain about the behavior of a townread when I feel it has a negative impact? If I don't dispute Dragon's claim that I should know Gimli's meta, people will probably just take it as fact, don't you think?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 939, May wrote: Am I the only one in the game who doesn't know kage
In the sense that you're the only one here (now) who hasn't played with me, yes. Unless you have and I can't tell because it was on another account.

I'm confused and Klick apparently doesn't want to talk to me because he thinks I'm scum, so that doesn't help me figure anything out. :(

VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (isolation #46) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:49 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Wow Dannflor, what the heck?! You nearly made me forget to log into my meeting, I was so shocked at that impudence. You damn well know why I was talking in the PT and it's even worse because you know I can't explain to them! I'm looking at you first tomorrow for sure.

And Drew, you may not have understood my conditional read but that's not even what it is anymore. It's just a townDrew read. You've done plenty to show it by now and you know it, you were just arguing it to Dannflor. :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (isolation #47) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Is that supposed to be a serious question?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Is anybody else confused about what "looking at you first" means??
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Because Secret PT Reasons, which I'm not going against and he is
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:53 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1067, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Kage
Thanks for being a beacon of towniness in a bleak landscape :lol:

I'm not gonna sheep you on that this time though, I hope you understand ;)
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:19 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1077, Black wrote:
In post 1061, Duelist Kage wrote: Because Secret PT Reasons, which I'm not going against and he is
Please share these reasons
Tomorrow
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:23 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1080, Hu Tao wrote: Klick > Kage imo
Instructions unclear. Is that saying you want to vote out Klick over me here, or saying you want to vote Klick today and me tomorrow?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Nooooooo! I refuse to allow your 'decklist' into my nice clean scum PT! It's for srs bizness only! :evil:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (isolation #54) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Ha, like I would ever let you into my scum PT! Fake as many quiz results trying to convince me all you like, it's not happening! :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (isolation #55) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:52 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Okay, thanks, I'll make sure not to shoot you this game then :cool:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1259, May wrote: I think its salient how several people in the thread "wtfed" 805 but only Drew felt like he could cash it in as a lunch coupon. And I didn't really like his lack of curiousity and worldbuilding for scum!May, only hedging about previous omgus for some reason. It's not that he construed it wrong. It's that he didn't construe it.
I think it's another indication of townDrew. I just reviewed some of his scum behavior that I've observed and my takeaway is that he likes to come across as more
reasonable
when he's trying to make a scum push. He'll throw some shade standing there looking at you with a raised eyebrow, leaving the push half-implied. As town he's more "grab that thing I think is sus and shake it until I understand it better" which is much more what he was doing here with you.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1264, Black wrote: Why are people voting Drew exactly?

I think we should fade within {Klick, Dann, Kage}
In post 1265, Hu Tao wrote: I agree. I think it's one scum trying to push the drew narrative
What are you 'agreeing' with here? Dann is the only one in that pool pushing Drew.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1269, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1267, Hu Tao wrote: I think Klick or Kage will be the Elim today.
Kage!

I don't get the sense that kage's posts have been solving. Do you?
You think this is alignment-indicative?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1271, Hu Tao wrote: Not too much. I don't think Klick has either though. But I'm fine with either.
You, uh, wanted Klick to towncase himself, did you not? And now you're shading his effort because he was doing that?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:59 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1282, May wrote: She constantly feels too busy and ketchup to interact with

Idk it is kind like an awk feeling and I do like the idea of limming the awk if you're not town reading it

But I'm pretty earnest about the mech minmaxing and linking outside of the Path of Exile pt
Yeah, sorry but the last few weeks have been quite stressful and I've really needed to go low-thinking mode at times. You're not the only one who's been running a big sleep debt. Day one is basically never where I'm putting the bulk of my effort, and trying to effort and do more and grind it out anyway wasn't doing me any favors. Maybe I'll get yeeted for it, but at least I'm not killing myself over it.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1297, May wrote:
In post 1291, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 1259, May wrote: I think its salient how several people in the thread "wtfed" 805 but only Drew felt like he could cash it in as a lunch coupon. And I didn't really like his lack of curiousity and worldbuilding for scum!May, only hedging about previous omgus for some reason. It's not that he construed it wrong. It's that he didn't construe it.
I think it's another indication of townDrew. I just reviewed some of his scum behavior that I've observed and my takeaway is that he likes to come across as more
reasonable
when he's trying to make a scum push. He'll throw some shade standing there looking at you with a raised eyebrow, leaving the push half-implied. As town he's more "grab that thing I think is sus and shake it until I understand it better" which is much more what he was doing here with you.
How is hedging about omgus affecting his vote not "god I had better make sure my vote appears reasonable" to a T?
In post 812, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: May

I may or may not have seasoned this with a omgus dry rub
This? It doesn't read as trying to be reasonable at all to me, it reads totally the opposite. This is Drew flippantly saying "yeah I know it looks like OMGUS and I don't care, deal with it :twisted: "

When I say he wants to be reasonable in his shading, I mean like musing about how you could be pulling a scum tactic to get townread, or asking about why you're defending someone because you're really starting to look partnered with how defensive you are.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:57 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1300, May wrote: I would nuke you if I wasn't a sucker for PR crap how does that make u feel
My competitive side and my side that wants to be able to sleep a full night without feeling like I'm failing at something are giving me different answers.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1302, May wrote: Mmmm I feel like I read 812 the way people who don't know Drew's alignment would read 812 I don't really know how you're developing this narrow favorable interpretation

That's not what may or may not have naturally does to a sentence?

"I may or may not have eaten all the cookies" is apologetic.

It not mattering would be one thing, the opposite construction is bewildering to me
I'm quite familiar with Drew's sense of humor and I don't believe he'd ever mean that to be taken in an
apologetic
way :lol: Neither would I, for that matter. I don't really understand your perspective here. "I may or may not have eaten all the cookies" is clearly a tongue-in-cheek statement to me because of its absurdity- it's highlighting your refusal to take responsibility for a clear answer by acknowledging it.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (isolation #64) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1305, May wrote: Competitive is for dating
Oh well then, no wonder I keep having so much of that come out in Mafia
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:19 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

I think that may have come out the opposite of how I meant it :lol:
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

My husband was just having me set up a Playstation account

He bought this thing like a year ago and just today randomly decided I should have an account so I can play on it too
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

I basically only play PC games these days. Steam library too full. I got an Xbox, and I just use it to watch videos. Can't remember the last time I played a game on it. Actually I think the last time I tried to play a game, it told me I couldn't because I didn't have the disc or something and I was like "uhhhhh right I had a disc for FFXV didn't I, how annoying that apparently I need to figure out where it went, guess I don't need to play it after all!"
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (isolation #68) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:51 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1333, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: if i had a locktown read and decided to fake claim informed townie would that be a game throw or just brilliant play

asking for a friend
If I were scum and decided to fake claim an improbability power with exactly an 86.73 chance of reflecting night actions targeted at me, would that be a game throw or just brilliant play

Asking for a friend
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (isolation #69) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:14 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1336, Klick wrote: Is Kage at E-2? I thought she was at E-3

My opinion is explicitly that Kage is likely scum
Yeah, uh, I think he's been quite clear on this point. He's already said he'll quickhammer me if I hit e-1 so you two can just do that right now if you like. I rested some and can probably bring some more focus here in the next few days but it probably works out the same in the end.

Klick won't even talk to me, so I can't get the kind of read on him I'd like. I thought his slot was likely scum but his replace-in gave me more doubts. Though I have been harboring a Klick/Dann theory still.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (isolation #70) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:24 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

And I am at work so this isn't great for me either; but I asked if you could elaborate on your read of me way back when you came in with it, hoping we could talk, and you ignored me.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (isolation #71) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:53 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

I mean, I might yet, but I'm the annoying indecisive type who hates rushing things. And whenever I contemplate the idea of having to actually vote Klick it gives me distressed feelings because he's one of those people I really don't want to go after and be wrong about.

Also, why are
you
so willing to come in and start talking about hammering? It's disconcerting.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (isolation #72) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:03 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 1345, Black wrote:
In post 1341, Klick wrote: Because of a possibly erroneous belief that people will be more inclined to vote for Kage when the wagon is smaller than when it's larger
At first I wanted Kage to reach E-1 so I could hammer it, I said as much earlier
Can we fade this
And this worries me too! Black is definitely still on my scumdar and if Klick is town, getting rid of him here almost certainly leads to people sheeping him onto me and Dann next. Great news if it's like, Black/CSF, which I definitely hold as a real possibility. :?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (isolation #73) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

Didn't like being called out like that, huh Black? :lol:

Well here's to hoping at least one of Klick/Dann is scum too.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (isolation #74) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Duelist Kage »

DE, that is absolutely not just using meta on me, but also expecting me to be able to play like you (which you know I cannot), and ignoring the idea that I may be trying to play differently than my usual scummy-ass pathetic self, which you yourself had suggested could be the case. And I see no productive use in arguing the matter. I was already in a very bad headspace coming into this game and I am struggling to try not to let it spill out.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (isolation #75) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Rolling scum by yourself is the best way to do it.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”