Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 783, Thomith wrote:
In post 781, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 765, Thomith wrote: I literally brought up the Neighbourhood, then have begun taking steps to solve within the hood today, so to say I'm not focusing on the hood is incorrect.

This is honestly reading like you are concerned that a town core is forming within the hood, and one half of that is suspecting you, so you are trying to break it up.
With two VT going away outside the hood there was no choice but to bring the hood up today.
You ignored the hood before today, again had no choice but look at it.
I don't see how a town-town core can be formed within the hood if noone looks at it. Scum-scum or scum-townie core is much easier.
I
wanted
to bring up the hood yesterday, knowing it likely meant we would sort within the hood yesterday?
When it was decided to keep the hood hidden yesterday to see if someone TMI'd it, why would it make sense to push someone in the hood, forcing the hood to be revealed, when it was discussed that the hood should be left to Day 2, to try and either catch a TMI, or verify a PT Cop - both of these being Titus' suggestions.
who decided this?
i think we all are thinking there is a scum in the hood, and they would have warned their partners about its existence and this would never have happened.
is there another reason someone would have wanted it postponed for a day??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 808, Ranger wrote: {Titus}
{Oblivion}
{Snow2697, Hu Tao, Naerys}
{KayJayQueue, Random Nurse}
{geraintm}
{PenguinPower}
{Little Wil o' Wisp}
{Thomith}
{Gypyx}

P5.
your read list barely changes. you not got tunneled on gypyx?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 849, Thomith wrote:
In post 848, geraintm wrote:
In post 770, Random Nurse wrote: I'm just going to say right now I hate "towncores/townblocks" in general. Too easy to shield experienced Scum.
unless there is a mechanical reason for it, then this
Why?

Could you also explain how 2 people who strongly town read each other is "easy for scum to hide behind"?
because one may not be town and have bamboozled the other. i think it is in the interest of scum to form "town blocks" and cruise through the game
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 850, geraintm wrote:
In post 783, Thomith wrote:
In post 781, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 765, Thomith wrote: I literally brought up the Neighbourhood, then have begun taking steps to solve within the hood today, so to say I'm not focusing on the hood is incorrect.

This is honestly reading like you are concerned that a town core is forming within the hood, and one half of that is suspecting you, so you are trying to break it up.
With two VT going away outside the hood there was no choice but to bring the hood up today.
You ignored the hood before today, again had no choice but look at it.
I don't see how a town-town core can be formed within the hood if noone looks at it. Scum-scum or scum-townie core is much easier.
I
wanted
to bring up the hood yesterday, knowing it likely meant we would sort within the hood yesterday?
When it was decided to keep the hood hidden yesterday to see if someone TMI'd it, why would it make sense to push someone in the hood, forcing the hood to be revealed, when it was discussed that the hood should be left to Day 2, to try and either catch a TMI, or verify a PT Cop - both of these being Titus' suggestions.
who decided this?
i think we all are thinking there is a scum in the hood, and they would have warned their partners about its existence and this would never have happened.
is there another reason someone would have wanted it postponed for a day??
I brought up wanting to reveal it about half way through Day 1 as the game was stalling, Gypyx and Snow agreed, but I didn't want to reveal unless everyone was on board.

Titus said she wanted to see if someone TMI'd the hood in some way, (since if scum were in the hood people not in the hood would know about it), and potentially wanted to keep it a secret today in case a PT Cop Investigated one of us, and we could then verify them.

When Titus mentioned this, it was about 30ish hours to the deadline (someone can verify this, I don't remember the exact timing but we were approaching EoD), and, I at least didn't want to reveal too close to the end of Day 1, because I felt it could cause too much chaos and I was worried that may have meant we didn't reach an execution.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (17/17)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

hmm, not sure what to do with that info except watch titus a little more than normal.
it just seems a cackhanded plan that would never work so why did Titus suggest it?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 852, geraintm wrote:
In post 770, Random Nurse wrote: I'm just going to say right now I hate "towncores/townblocks" in general. Too easy to shield experienced Scum.
Why?

Could you also explain how 2 people who strongly town read each other is "easy for scum to hide behind"?
because one may not be town and have bamboozled the other. i think it is in the interest of scum to form "town blocks" and cruise through the game
Gypyx has been so obviously been trying to solve the game here and in the hood, that I doubt I'm wrong on this, but I see your point.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Why?

Look this is sounding a bit rude but please take it as me asking you to reflect on that

do you have more reasons to think that than just saying "nuh uh"?

I do think this is somewhat towny from gera as scum would obviously try to be more convincing when trying to break a town/town pair, or if one of us is scum he absolutely would let it slide, this would especially be a weird angle for a bus considering we're solving in the hood today, so it's better to let things stay on their way towards ranger
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 855, Thomith wrote: Gypyx has been so obviously been trying to solve the game here and in the hood, that I doubt I'm wrong on this, but I see your point.
I don't see how Gypyx has been so obviously trying to solve the game.
If she thought that the hood had 2 scums and she was town with you, this left 2 scums between me-Titus-Dave. And around 2 scums elsewhere.
Then she should have focused on the hood and hunted for scums there. NAS lime and a hammer there makes zero sense in this set up.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 pm

Post by Gypyx »

the thought of the hood having 3 scum came at me around the start of day 2
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 pm

Post by Gypyx »

oh also another reason i think Snow / Titus / Ranger are scum together

postcounts in the hood :
Thomith : 43
Gypyx : 32
Snow : 14
Titus : 13
Davesaz : 9
Ranger : 7

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:57 pm

Post by Gypyx »

i guess you could explain that by them also being less active overall, but i still find the divide noteworthy

bottom text
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:01 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 857, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 855, Thomith wrote: Gypyx has been so obviously been trying to solve the game here and in the hood, that I doubt I'm wrong on this, but I see your point.
If she thought that the hood had 2 scums and she was town with you, this left 2 scums between me-Titus-Dave. And around 2 scums elsewhere.
Then she should have focused on the hood and hunted for scums there. NAS lime and a hammer there makes zero sense in this set up.
We were at EoD, no other execution likely happens that day, unless there's utter chaos at deadline, and deadline executions are rarely good ones.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 858, Gypyx wrote: the thought of the hood having 3 scum came at me around the start of day 2
My only worry are that Snow/Ranger might be the scum in the hood, and are now buddying up to Titus so she also takes the fall.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:06 am

Post by Gypyx »

Well, i guess we'll see about titus when we get to her but also that doesn't sound too bad of an outcome

bottom text
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 am

Post by geraintm »

i dont think i am on board with you Gypyx in you just lining up a bunch of Hood members and running through them. i don't think that is optimal strategy for the rest of us to trust you so much
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:32 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 855, Thomith wrote:
Why?

Gypyx has been so obviously been trying to solve the game here and in the hood, that I doubt I'm wrong on this, but I see your point.
if you can see someone else's point then i think i've made it well enough
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 864, geraintm wrote: i dont think i am on board with you Gypyx in you just lining up a bunch of Hood members and running through them. i don't think that is optimal strategy for the rest of us to trust you so much
i think you're misundersteanding me, i'm not saying that we run through snow / ranger / titus without discussion, this is more of me preassuming that they'll flip scum and how to work on that

you are obviously not forced to trust me but i hope you'll come around to it eventually since that's a read i'm pretty confident in

bottom text
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 858, Gypyx wrote: the thought of the hood having 3 scum came at me around the start of day 2
In post 861, Thomith wrote:
We were at EoD, no other execution likely happens that day, unless there's utter chaos at deadline, and deadline executions are rarely good ones.
These posts from Gypyx and Thomith seek to speak away my point.
Gypyx thought about 2 scums in the hood 10 days ago. She strongly townread Thomith even earlier.
What did she do during these days until NAS mislim to "actively try to solve the game" and hunt 2 scums out of me-Titus-Dave?
So, my point is reinforced. And seems like Thomith and Gypyx were not trying to hunt scums.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:30 am

Post by Gypyx »

I was also extremely busy so i hope you forgive me for coasting by a lim that i viewed as decent at least

my original 2 scum in the hood read was more of a setup spec thing that i wasn't willing to act on

bottom text
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:30 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 866, Gypyx wrote:
In post 864, geraintm wrote: i dont think i am on board with you Gypyx in you just lining up a bunch of Hood members and running through them. i don't think that is optimal strategy for the rest of us to trust you so much
i think you're misundersteanding me, i'm not saying that we run through snow / ranger / titus without discussion, this is more of me preassuming that they'll flip scum and how to work on that

you are obviously not forced to trust me but i hope you'll come around to it eventually since that's a read i'm pretty confident in
oh, it very much read like that was what you wanted to happen and we should all just go along with it.

i was not liking that at all.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:31 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 867, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 861, Thomith wrote:
These posts from Gypyx and Thomith seek to speak away my point.
Gypyx thought about 2 scums in the hood 10 days ago. She strongly townread Thomith even earlier.
What did she do during these days until NAS mislim to "actively try to solve the game" and hunt 2 scums out of me-Titus-Dave?
So, my point is reinforced. And seems like Thomith and Gypyx were not trying to hunt scums.
If you suspect us, why are you voting neither of us?

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

i would love to get more input from people outside of the hood

bottom text
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:48 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 871, Gypyx wrote: i would love to get more input from people outside of the hood
I want to see Ranger’s input after getting fully caught up. I’d feel bad just voting without giving her that chance. I think the hood will continue to in-fight no matter what because it seems so highly likely that there is scum there. Hu Tao is very convinced of her scumread and was the only one outside of the hood to consistently be voting Dave-slot. Unless Hu is bad, she generally has good gut reads and I tend to want to listen to her, I was just being stubborn day 1. Obviously there’s a chance that this bites me in the ass one of these games but so far, she seems town to me.

Day 1, Titus and snow were voting Dave-slot at certain points (moreso than Thom/Gypyx) and today they aren’t. I’m wondering if they changed their mind or if they’re also just waiting. I want to know why Thom/Gypyx didn’t feel like pushing Dave day 1, was there something that came up? Did he play day 1 weird? Does that slot definitely feel more scum to them than Titus/snow or does the vote on that slot just feel like the easiest to get support for?

If the consensus is to vote out that slot, I think we should, especially since there are a group of you with more info than the rest. However, I am worried that it will begin a tunnel effect on the neighborhood and I’m not sure I love that idea.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:51 am

Post by Gypyx »

Day 1 i was more interested in snow / willow and by the time dave!push became a thing real life issues started to get me too busy to take a proper look at it

bottom text
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:49 am

Post by Titus »

I haven't changed my mind but I am wanting to give Ranger a chance if wrong. Dave Snow works for me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”