Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: Ydrasse: This slot first since it was my first real-ish vote of the game. Content seems rather dry, their progression on Purple feels very sheepy. Behavior wrt me is fine. Not sure about the "triumvirate" idea between her/HEM/skitter. Reactions have been towny. Starting to think my scummy feelings around her were just objections to her playstyle so I'll pin her as towny for now
I can appreciate this take. I’m finding it hard to ignore the weird wagon stuff with skitter but who knows, maybe they’re just comfortable playing closely with each other. Wouldn’t be the first time.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom. 1399 unsettles me for some reason. Sometimes she's the definition of "talks a lot, says nothing", sometimes she's in the middle of everything and hounding almost everyone (except me I guess). The Mango Manifesto(tm) seems like a targeted tool for pushing an LHF wagon and I mindmeld with HEM's concerns about confbias.
The mango post was used to see how people would react to what many would call an easy vote - I’d like to point out the wagon that formed, which I am not on, I wasn’t hoping for a purple lim from that post, I wanted engagement and other opinions. I also agreed with HEM that I was probably biased while compiling that post.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: HEM: Townier the more I look at him. I think his presence has been consistently good for thread in the last couple days, he's butting heads with people a fair bit (esp Jackson) but I get the sense that he's keeping one eye on the solve at all times and just wants to hear from everyone. Cool stuff all around rn, solid townread. Kind of erases my ill will towards the slot from Dragon since HEM plays a lot like Dragon, but in a much healthier way that I'm guessing Dragon wanted to go for.
I agree with the majority of this. Of my bottom 4, he’s on the top.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: skitter30: Seems like a bit of a hot topic, I'm personally not vibing with the slot based on what I've read. Seems to be tunneling Jackson a bit, the most notable interaction chain I've seen is them voting Jackson while questioning them about their sus on Ketchup, and then seemingly starting beef with Ketchup later. Maybe the ISO is limiting how I view that but it's a bit of a scumlean, they've been very reserved in talking about anything not in their core interests (like Jackson) which I feel is scum behavior more often than not.
Still my top scumread.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: Purplemango: Stereotypical new player, I think the shading of their play is unwarranted and arguably manufactured. Complaining about someone's reads being "wishy-washy" on D1 is asinine. Their reactions to the pressure on their slot and wagon have been fine. Townread and it'll probably stay there until flips
Now that the game is officially over, I can say I was just in a game with scum!mango and it feels eerily similar. I’ll have to give it a bit to breathe before it colors my read too much. He’s still in my scumreads currently.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: Zachheus: More noobie lowposter energy but slightly more sus. Too much mindmelding with KJQ for my taste and they seem to be fine coasting between flavor-of-the-month wagons. Kind of NAI for a newbie but I'll put him at mixed for now
Maybe flattery works, I’m feeling fairly good about Zach. But I agree most of his ISO is pretty NAI so my read is not super informed.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: JacksonDingo: 250 posts? Slow down, Jack. On a more serious note, he seems quite surly. Very vocal with his reads but struggles to articulate some of them (see: Ketchup) in a way I'd usually find scummy. However, Jackson is too confrontational and headstrong at this juncture to make his slot seem wolfy. More than makes up for the long RVS where in hindsight it kinda felt like he was getting strung along by myself and KJQ. Townread until further major developments.
I’ve never played with scum!Jack before so I’m not sure how able I am to spot him. For now, I’m not seeing anything pinging me away from a townread but I’m on my guard.
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: ketchup777: I have no clue what I'm looking at anymore and I'm too lazy to read that bloated fucking ISO, ketchup you're gonna give me an aneurysm. I'll just say townlean since that's the default for substantive highposters. Powerscumming not out of the question at all tho
I haven’t changed my read on ketchup, still town for now.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 1426, KayJayQueue wrote: The mango post was used to see how people would react to what many would call an easy vote - I’d like to point out the wagon that formed, which I am not on, I wasn’t hoping for a purple lim from that post, I wanted engagement and other opinions. I also agreed with HEM that I was probably biased while compiling that post.
The way you put the Manifesto(tm) together was way too biased for you to not be prepping for a vote, so the fact that you combined that tone with a lack of a vote rings an alarm bell for me. The fact that you use your lack of a vote as a talking point now only solidifies that.

Also, have you ever heard the story of "The Boy Who Cried 'Reaction Testing'"?
#Rule6KillsBabies
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1427, StraightFlush wrote: Also, have you ever heard the story of "The Boy Who Cried 'Reaction Testing'"?
Nope never read it.

But also, you’re wrong.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: 1399 unsettles me for some reason.
I can understand from your view how it might be a worrisome post but this really is just meta joking around. Our game that just finished, Open 906, was littered with how much I was pocketed by him so it’s just kind of an ongoing joke. If you play with both of us in other games, you’ll probably see it often. I know you might not want to believe me but it’s NAI, just us having fun.
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:37 pm

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1400, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1398, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1365, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1364, Purplemango wrote: I don't think there will a time where it'll be like "oh yea i'm sure kay is town" or something like that
I still try to give my thoughts kinda
I can be too much sure in random things, its sound funny
Come on I know you wanna townread me!
I do townread your for now
Your interactions with jackson kinda make me worry (not sure its the right word) but not in "one of you is scum" way
Is it in a “Kay wake up and smell the pocket lint” kind of way or
Not really, but in a world where one of you is scum it'll be too easy, i think
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:43 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1430, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1400, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1398, Purplemango wrote: I do townread your for now
Your interactions with jackson kinda make me worry (not sure its the right word) but not in "one of you is scum" way
Is it in a “Kay wake up and smell the pocket lint” kind of way or
Not really, but in a world where one of you is scum it'll be too easy, i think
Well you just finished a game with me and Jackson where we were both town so maybe you can use that as reference. I can’t say I know for sure if he’s town in this game yet but I tentatively townread him. There was a lot of talk about one of us being scum in that game too, so I get the read, it seems universal lol
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:58 pm

Post by Purplemango »

Right, also in there it was weird to me
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Post by Purplemango »

In addition, do not know how to quote It bit i don't think that game help
Obviously I will try to imitate how I play as a town

And there is no way to compare it, because the only game in which I was town was a terrible game of mine regardless of the alignment
It is not an effective argument in this way, there is a chance that I did not understand your intention
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:07 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1360, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1358, humaneatingmonkey wrote: my review of KJQ's case is that i townread it very much so, especially in the circumstance that she did it in the game, but also... and i don't want to discourage it... but it seems very confbiased to purple as scum and less evaluative on what town!purple would look like.
That’s probably extremely accurate, I’d have to look into his old games to get a better read on him as town.

from it seemed you had done that?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:10 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1434, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1358, humaneatingmonkey wrote: my review of KJQ's case is that i townread it very much so, especially in the circumstance that she did it in the game, but also... and i don't want to discourage it... but it seems very confbiased to purple as scum and less evaluative on what town!purple would look like.
That’s probably extremely accurate, I’d have to look into his old games to get a better read on him as town.
As was pointed out by hem, I was biased and looked at a scum game particularly for post count comparisons. I was just in a game with him where I looked into a town game he had but it barely gave me any information.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:21 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1366, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Spoiler: stuff
In post 1353, humaneatingmonkey wrote: jackson can you like give me an insight into where your head is at this game
A lot of this game has been pretty stunted for me because of the weird stick up the ass behaviour from the experienced players and the amount of fluff-posting from the top three players, myself included, so the people who post a small amount I don’t have a strong read about which I’ll try and rectify.

Where I’m at is that I’m fairly skeptical about ketchup in particular, there’s a few things about them that I actively believe is scummy and then some that I feel would be weird to but knowing how ketchup plays and that I don’t have a reference to a scum game of his so I’m actively doing my best to be impartial and see him for what he is this time around.

I think purple was townie based on the fact that their behaviour was almost twtbw status. I didn’t expect a wolf to be outwardly okay with voting somebody with no reason. I feel a scum instinctively wants to add some form of reasoning behind their actions. There wasn’t really any, the only semblance of doubt there would be a direct pairing with skitter.

In retrospect I’m thinking dragons posts looked bad because of how dragon speaks in particular more than anything to do with the game. You came in and I feel a conflict with you but this feeing resembles the Frenemies game so I’m discounting that feeling somewhat and trying to look further than it. I think your talk about thread health was good, I could understand why a townie would want to restore it but also I’m labelling this as NAI as you could also have just said this out of respect for the game itself snd the newer players. Initially I thought it was scummy how you had few reads, but kept complaining about things and in fact I got a little frustrated you telling me Im not scum hunting while you’ve shared fuck all yourself of actual substance. Overall I think I’m reading you as scummy just because it’s you, and that’s stupid so in an attempt to look beyond that I think you’re town but I am still working through this. When I find time to actually sink into putting a lot more thought I will be coming back to this.

For skitter I don’t like how neutral they’ve been acting since day start. They’ve started the game townreading dragon, I don’t recall a single time they explained this except “pushing out of rvs is good, *thumbs up*” and the behaviours around early pushes were wither reciprocations or shutting down an idea. I don’t recall a single unique thought they had about a scumread except the read on me and even then it was vague and ended up seeming like just because they don’t understand my mindset that I’m wolfy, this is just incredibly shallow reasoning as the only push they’ve seemed to do on their own and now recently they’ve even acted neutral towards that calling that same reason to scumread me as logic to neutral read me almost. It’s different words but it’s looking at the same stuff.
townpost
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:21 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1435, KayJayQueue wrote:
As was pointed out by hem, I was biased and looked at a scum game particularly for post count comparisons. I was just in a game with him where I looked into a town game he had but it barely gave me any information.
okey
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:23 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1374, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i don't feel as if i've been stuck up, nor do i think ydrasse has been stuck up. anybody really feel this way about us?

yeah i laughed when i left skitter out of there, too.
left skitter out of where?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:23 am

Post by ketchup777 »

nvm I understand
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:42 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1380, Ydrasse wrote: hemmington this is not worth it imo
who’s hemmington
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:03 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1435, KayJayQueue wrote:
Probably because i had only one town game, and it was the first one where i was even more not active
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:02 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1416, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1414, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'm disputing that you could be strategic in any way
Quote of the game 💀
LMAOOO
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:04 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote:
KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom.
And this too hehe
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:10 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1423, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 1422, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom.
Don’t hate me because I’m flexible! Being serious 24/7 would be an incredibly dull way to play, for me personally.
I see players like that all the time, and I don't hold it against them; hell, I'm often one of them as you've probably seen. But I feel like you amp that up an extra notch by comparison
oh, how much experience do you have?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

my lim pool is {JacksonVirgo, Purplemango, zachheus}
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:22 am

zachheus being there is really stretching it, but he has sat on his skitter read for a long time now without ever developing it. one must assume that it's a strong read if he isn't looking anywhere else - but #930 and #1360 betrays this assumption. so I'm calculating a good probability that he's probably faking the read.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:24 am

i say betray because the posts i quoted still displays trust towards reads made by someone he scumreads without suspicion that it could be tainted
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:33 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 1444, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom.
Don’t hate me because I’m flexible! Being serious 24/7 would be an incredibly dull :mrgreen: way to play, for me personally.
I see players like that all the time, and I don't hold it against them; hell, I'm often one of them as you've probably seen. But I feel like you amp that up an extra notch by comparison
A whopping 4 completed games. Impressive amirite :mrgreen:
#Rule6KillsBabies
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:34 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1448, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 1444, ketchup777 wrote:
Don’t hate me because I’m flexible! Being serious 24/7 would be an incredibly dull :mrgreen: way to play, for me personally.
A whopping 4 completed games. Impressive amirite :mrgreen:
hehe, more than me. The 'all the time' and 'often' of the post I quoted struck me as it sounded like you had more experience than that tho?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:36 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1445, humaneatingmonkey wrote: my lim pool is {JacksonVirgo, Purplemango, zachheus}
not Ydrasse?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”