open 910 - a series of extremely codependent relationships i {game overrr)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 148, White Lotus wrote:
In post 11, Doctor Drew wrote: Also I totally thought this was a regular lovers game, I was wondering why I didn't have a lover lol

Color me disappointed
Yup, I signed up because lovers is one of my favorite setups
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
White Lotus
White Lotus
Townie
White Lotus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by White Lotus »

In post 149, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 145, White Lotus wrote:
In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 140, White Lotus wrote: I sometimes forget to sign up so if message looks like brainrot it's probably me.

By me i mean Wizard Enchanticus

PEDIT: I don't know what dumbtell you are about. Blood is in fact correct: Bussing teammate ends game.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
It looks like 200% more ugly on this theme.

Also if i am wrong you freely can to post what "dumbtell" about otherwise i just consider you want to fight me.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
I admit, I did want to troll you since I know how much you love the yellow m&m lol

But I don't understand how you think that scum will try to act like they are bussing in this game, and warn us all about it......then when someone acts all innocent like 'why would scum buss here??'.....you just agree that it is a dumb play.

Ya see the contradiction?
Yes. I know you would never troll me as town. You are completely unfunny as this faction.

~ Wizard Enchanticus.
Hydra of biancospino and Enchant
mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by mirrored »

In post 62, White Lotus wrote: This game designed that all town must vote mafia member, or we never win.

Watch out for "early game" busses or taunts.

I am not liking Sunflower at all. Too much dumbtells for my taste.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
Just throwing this quote in, because the first two lines are the opposite of Sunflower's "dumbtell." There are arguments that both stating things that scum would be aware of (e.g. all town has to be against them) and seeming like you're not aware (e.g. assuming scum has nightkill) can be scummy. I personally can't read too much into either of these two opposites.

Doctor Drew kind of took the words out of my mouth, still wanted to point this out myself anyway. Good for him I guess?
White Lotus
White Lotus
Townie
White Lotus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 pm

Post by White Lotus »

They can't be opposite because these are different statements.

If i post game theory and then say someone looks bad, it doesn't make these related.
~ Wizard Enchanticus
mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:52 pm

Post by mirrored »

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
In post 62, White Lotus wrote: This game designed that all town must vote mafia member, or we never win.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
This is a line that is knowledgeable about scum and their strategy.
In post 33, Sunflower wrote: :sunny: does scum not have a nightkill
This is ignorant about scum and their strategy.

In this sense, these two posts are opposites.
mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Post by mirrored »

Was the site down for a few minutes for anyone else? Anyway, back to what I was writing before the technical troubles.
In post 75, BloodB0t wrote: Anyways, I don't think sunflower would follow mirrored's vote on me like that if they were both scum, so if there's a scum in there I think mirrored. Mostly because of the comment about hiding previous mafia experience.
Why does this seem like you're jumping from "if there is scum on me, mirrored is scum" to "mirrored is scum" (i.e. assuming the "if" condition, in other words assuming there is a scum voting you)? Admittedly, your read on me, which is under hypothetical conditions at this time, only becomes clearer later in the quoted post and your posts after that. But this is what makes your reasoning strange to me.
White Lotus
White Lotus
Townie
White Lotus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:57 pm

Post by White Lotus »

In post 149, Doctor Drew wrote: But I don't understand how you think that scum will try to act like they are bussing in this game, and warn us all about it......then when someone acts all innocent like 'why would scum buss here??'.....you just agree that it is a dumb play.

In post 135, White Lotus wrote: Simple.

Mafia can only afford to "jokingly" bus each other early game, then ride on this distancing until end game. (spoiler: That's mostly how mafia acts in normal games as well).
Mafia who cover each other no matter what is rare.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
In post 140, White Lotus wrote: I sometimes forget to sign up so if message looks like brainrot it's probably me.

PEDIT: I don't know what dumbtell you are about. Blood is in fact correct: Bussing teammate ends game.

~ Wizard Enchanticus

Put the flask down doc. Context clues should be telling you quite clearly that 135 means that bussing (as in, voting a scumbuddy) early game is viable, and 140 (and blood's post for that matter) that a bus succesfully landing (as in, causing a lim) ends the game. Which, as it turns out, is no contradiction
~b
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:29 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 155, mirrored wrote:
Why does this seem like you're jumping from "if there is scum on me, mirrored is scum" to "mirrored is scum" (i.e. assuming the "if" condition, in other words assuming there is a scum voting you)?
Admittedly, your read on me, which is under hypothetical conditions at this time, only becomes clearer later in the quoted post and your posts after that.
Because the read was forced, mostly to get everyone talking, especially you
which it seems like you understand already.

At this point my read on you is pretty null. UNVOTE:

Black & White Lotus, what are your thoughts on each other?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:03 am

Post by Black »

In post 131, Sunflower wrote: the digging into it afterwards idk, felt like you were looking for something to do rather than it really being something meaningful for alignment to me
One of my favorite ways to try and sort players I've never played with is to live post with them and to try and get a view into their thought process
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 157, BloodB0t wrote: Black & White Lotus, what are your thoughts on each other?
I don't really have any meaningful thoughts there. I agree that Enchant seems to be engaged and trying hard but I'm not convinced that scum!Enchant wouldn't do that
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 am

Post by Black »

In post 128, mirrored wrote: I'm back online and have read through everything. I have a schedule, but I should be able to post every day. Before I talk about anything else, I want to clarify a term - what is an MO?

Hi - do you have a response to ?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:32 am

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 1.04

White Lotus (2) - Black, Doctor Drew
mirrored (1) - Sunflower
BloodB0t (1) - mirrored
Doctor Drew (1) - White Lotus

not voting
(1) - BloodB0t

with six alive, it takes four to bop it. day one ends in (expired on 2024-04-07 13:30:00).

mod notes: added 16 hours to the deadline due to the site's outage
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 156, White Lotus wrote:
In post 149, Doctor Drew wrote: But I don't understand how you think that scum will try to act like they are bussing in this game, and warn us all about it......then when someone acts all innocent like 'why would scum buss here??'.....you just agree that it is a dumb play.

In post 135, White Lotus wrote: Simple.

Mafia can only afford to "jokingly" bus each other early game, then ride on this distancing until end game. (spoiler: That's mostly how mafia acts in normal games as well).
Mafia who cover each other no matter what is rare.

~ Wizard Enchanticus

~ Wizard Enchanticus

Put the flask down doc. Context clues should be telling you quite clearly that 135 means that bussing (as in, voting a scumbuddy) early game is viable, and 140 (and blood's post for that matter) that a bus succesfully landing (as in, causing a lim) ends the game. Which, as it turns out, is no contradiction
~b
Did you not understand my issue and why I called it a contradiction?

Both what Sunflower and what Blood said could be construed as a dumb tell, yet Enchant only called one out.

Admittedly saying Sunflower was dumb telling especially since it was the first real 'read' of the game made me think Enchant was town, but how they, and now you', are dancing around Blood seems sketch to me.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 am

Post by Black »

In post 160, Black wrote:
In post 128, mirrored wrote: I'm back online and have read through everything. I have a schedule, but I should be able to post every day. Before I talk about anything else, I want to clarify a term - what is an MO?
Hi - do you have a response to ?
Oops disregard this I didn't see your response at first
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
White Lotus
White Lotus
Townie
White Lotus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by White Lotus »

In post 157, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 155, mirrored wrote:
Why does this seem like you're jumping from "if there is scum on me, mirrored is scum" to "mirrored is scum" (i.e. assuming the "if" condition, in other words assuming there is a scum voting you)?
Admittedly, your read on me, which is under hypothetical conditions at this time, only becomes clearer later in the quoted post and your posts after that.
Because the read was forced, mostly to get everyone talking, especially you
which it seems like you understand already.

At this point my read on you is pretty null. UNVOTE:

Black & White Lotus, what are your thoughts on each other?
You must be confabulating with Enchant to force a ban on mafSepia. Those are probably the worst colours to read on yellowish beige

Personally not really a fan of Black. Her whole interaction with you kinda looks meh
~b
White Lotus
White Lotus
Townie
White Lotus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by White Lotus »

In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote: Did you not understand my issue and why I called it a contradiction?

Both what Sunflower and what Blood said could be construed as a dumb tell, yet Enchant only called one out.

Admittedly saying Sunflower was dumb telling especially since it was the first real 'read' of the game made me think Enchant was town, but how they, and now you', are dancing around Blood seems sketch to me.
You are right, I don't understand your issue. What blood said is not a dumbtell, at least not by my definition; that would require blood to say something mechanically false which just didn't happen.

Btw, what do you rekon scum!we are shadowly doing here? Is blood our buddy?
~b
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by Black »

I'm fine with my White Lotus vote for now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by Black »

I think I want to give my Blood read a little more time to cook
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 166, Black wrote: I'm fine with my White Lotus vote for now
Why though? You voted WL very early and haven't said much about them.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Black »

I feel like they have been posting a lot but I'm not seeing any signs that they are actually trying to sort people
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

:(
In post 165, White Lotus wrote:
In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote: Did you not understand my issue and why I called it a contradiction?

You are right, I don't understand your issue. What blood said is not a dumbtell, at least not by my definition; that would require blood to say something mechanically false which just didn't happen.

Btw, what do you rekon scum!we are shadowly doing here? Is blood our buddy?
~b
Well it wasn't 'we', it was Enchant. And this isn't an argument about whether Blood, or Sunflower, was dumb telling or not.

Enchant called out Jupiter(Sunflower) for a perceived dumb tell, but not Blood for something that can definitely be called a dumb tell.

Hence why I pointed out the inconsistency, does this mean Blood is scum with you(your words not mine)....that isn't even close to the issue I have here.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ha, no idea why there is a sad emoji there
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:33 pm

Post by BloodB0t »

Drew, any thoughts on mirrored?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 172, BloodB0t wrote: Drew, any thoughts on mirrored?
In post 152, mirrored wrote:

Watch out for "early game" busses or taunts.

I am not liking Sunflower at all. Too much dumbtells for my taste.

~ Wizard Enchanticus
Just throwing this quote in, because the first two lines are the opposite of Sunflower's "dumbtell." There are arguments that both stating things that scum would be aware of (e.g. all town has to be against them) and seeming like you're not aware (e.g. assuming scum has nightkill) can be scummy. I personally can't read too much into either of these two opposites.

Doctor Drew kind of took the words out of my mouth, still wanted to point this out myself anyway. Good for him I guess?
I remember reading this just before the site crashed last night and I didn't understand why they were going out of their way to praise me, not sure if this was an original thought they had or just trying to latch onto my argument........so if I squint maybe I see something scummy here.

But I don't understand your argument about them being scummy because they are withholding their prior experience
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 172, BloodB0t wrote: Drew, any thoughts on mirrored?
Also thought it was funny how they 'mirrored' your avatar

Town points their in my scorecard lol

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”