Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Oblivion »

Ah yes, Ranger is topping the post charts with such hit posts as "Yet another list of names in which they change the order slightly without commenting on what altered the order in any fashion, allowing them to appear to come to a natural conclusion when in reality it can be used as a way to cover their intentions".

It honestly thinks that there is no surprise in this user moving it towards the bottom of their rankings after it indicated it had no reason to work with them and no good will to give them. These "reads" feel like they are fabricated to suit an agenda, so it just doesn't buy what they are selling.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Thomith »

That's E-1 I believe
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

yes
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Oblivion »

In other words, it strongly feels like Ranger replaced into a scumslot and decided "I am the best scum player in this game, I must visable effort and escape this, and then we'll win for sure!" and so now Ranger has been posting ad naseum to Counter Signal themselves as scum. "Look how town I am, I'm the only one providing content! Look how powerful and useful I am!" It just feels like we're watching them put on a performance for our benefit and not one that actually solves or does anything of note or interest. Nothing that can't be faked, no actual interrogation of any player on their thoughts, just a soulless catchup that contains exactly 0 indicators of what Ranger's thoughts are, so if they are asked anything they can simply fabricate, but the gamestate is apathetic and dead so they probably suspect no one is going to challenge them.

It is of the opinion these actions are the actions of scum with a goal, the goal it described above, and that town would have come in seeking to work with others and solve, even if they were going to die, and get other players back in the game.

In the end, Lycanfire at least showed some desire to engage with it. It struggles to do so, but Lycanfire clearly wants town cohesion and growth.

Ranger was told that this manner of playing was harming the town and simply barreled through, because their goal IS the apathy.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1101, Thomith wrote: That's E-1 I believe
From its count, -2 actually, since you unvoted?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:54 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1075, Alianna wrote:
Votecount 2.11

Ranger (4): Hu Tao, Random Nurse, Thomith, Gypyx
Naerys (2): PenguinPower, Naerys
Hu Tao (2): Lycanfire, Ranger
Thomith (1): Snow2697
Snow2697 (1): Titus

Not Voting (3): Oblivion, geraintm, KayJayQueue

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-06 10:29:00).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
In post 1088, Thomith wrote:
In post 1086, Gypyx wrote: maybe i'm wrong on the 2:3 theory but we at least have 3:2
I agree with this.
I don't think I see a world where there are 0 scum in the hood.

I do think I want to do this though
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Snow
In post 1094, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1039, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1012, Naerys wrote: VOTE: Naerys
can u just vote me out i dont wanna read Rangers posts anymore
Can you just vote ranger

I suspect there's a very specific reason why you want us to vote Ranger?

If Ranger turns out to be Town I'll be coming for you.

VOTE: Ranger
In post 1095, Random Nurse wrote: Fuck.

I'm already voting them.

(That's how fucked this IRL week has been.)
In post 1096, Titus wrote: VOTE: Ranger

We can do Ranger now. Ranger's response to me voting Snow was horrible. Ranger sees Gypyx and Thomlith won't be divided so she's moving them up her reads list.

Ranger, the difference between you and Willow is my townreads are active and people are posting now. If you think my theory on Wisp also applies to you, who are the scum that don't give a damn.

Frankly, it's easy to post a series of names gradually moving people where you want them to be over time with no reasoning.

When you do post reasons, they are clearly bad.

Ranger Snow +1 inactive calling it
In post 1099, Oblivion wrote:
Vote: Ranger
4 -1 +0 +1 +1 = 5 of 7. (Random Nurse was already on the wagon.)
But not older.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

RN was already voting her so I think maybe E-2? I’m thinking I might not get an explanation that I’m wanting for the shifting reads and I feel like I’ve been waiting quite awhile for what seems like a pretty underwhelming catch-up without much explanation. I want to put her at E-1 but I don’t want to accidentally hammer so we can get a claim.

Can we get a VC maybe?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1106, KayJayQueue wrote:
RN was already voting her so I think maybe E-2? I’m thinking I might not get an explanation that I’m wanting for the shifting reads and I feel like I’ve been waiting quite awhile for what seems like a pretty underwhelming catch-up without much explanation. I want to put her at E-1 but I don’t want to accidentally hammer so we can get a claim.

Can we get a VC maybe?
Let it ask you this. When Ranger inevitably claims a power role as scum to protect themselves, will you consider that congruent with how they have played?

It doesn't.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Oblivion »

Like, it can see it already, right? Closed setup meams fake claims are more viable, if someone is scum they will near always claim something. It just doesn't see a world where Ranger claims something and it believes Town PR Ranger plays this way. Or Dave, for that matter. It was Dave play a PR in PYP, an important one. It doesn't think those align.

So for it, unless Ranger claims a provable power role (like an extra kill or a Cop) it has very little interest in believing them.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Oblivion »

*it Saw, apologies. Phone posting.
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1104, Oblivion wrote:
From its count, -2 actually, since you unvoted?
You're right, Random Nurse threw me off

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:03 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1107, Oblivion wrote:

Can we get a VC maybe?
Let it ask you this. When Ranger inevitably claims a power role as scum to protect themselves, will you consider that congruent with how they have played?

It doesn't.
I still haven’t played enough to get to an understanding of claiming PR vs VT. I think I’ve seen an even split in what scum claims. I wonder how likely it is that the neighborhood would also contain a PR. Do scum usually claim a PR to bait out a double claim and/or avoid the hammer? If that’s the case, I’m confused why I’ve seen so many scum also claim VT at e-1. I’m not sure I understand the strategy with that one.

Do I think Ranger has a PR? No, not especially.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:05 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Honestly, with how they played, I’d have expected Dave to be more likely to have a PR than Ranger. But since they’re the same slot…who knows. I’m heavily leaning towards no PR though.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Oblivion »

Additionally, examine Ranger's initial idea for calling it town. Something like that logic isn't something that can change that aggressively over the course of these pages.

Ranger said that unless there was no scum in the neighbourhood, its lack of knowledge about the hood and its opposition to the snow wagon indicate it is town. That hasn't altered so Ranger's lowering of it comes across as artificial due to the reasons it described at the top of this page.

All of Ranger's reads stink to high heaven.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1112, KayJayQueue wrote: Honestly, with how they played, I’d have expected Dave to be more likely to have a PR than Ranger. But since they’re the same slot…who knows. I’m heavily leaning towards no PR though.
Don't get it wrong. It has no interest in killing Ranger without a claim, certainly there are worlds where it is wrong and Ranger claims a Vigilante kill for example? Something provable that we can hold them to, even if it doesn't make them town by design it can be used for town value. (Though scum vig feels really strong is that normal?)

Either way, it will kill anyone in the game who kills without such a claim.

It is just saying right now, should Ranger claim tracker or doctor or one shot commuter or something, it is killing them regardless.
But not older.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:10 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

You shouldn’t have said that so openly because if she is scum, she’d surely pivot now.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:11 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1114, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1112, KayJayQueue wrote: Honestly, with how they played, I’d have expected Dave to be more likely to have a PR than Ranger. But since they’re the same slot…who knows. I’m heavily leaning towards no PR though.
Don't get it wrong. It has no interest in killing Ranger without a claim, certainly there are worlds where it is wrong and Ranger claims a Vigilante kill for example? Something provable that we can hold them to, even if it doesn't make them town by design it can be used for town value. (Though scum vig feels really strong is that normal?)

It is just saying right now, should Ranger claim tracker or doctor or one shot commuter or something, it is killing them regardless.
Scum Vig is only considered normal in Complex Normals.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:14 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1115, KayJayQueue wrote: You shouldn’t have said that so openly because if she is scum, she’d surely pivot now.
It doesn't believe it will matter. If they want to claim.something provable to live one extra day without proving it, they are scum who will die anyway.

If they want to claim VT they can die. If they want to claim something else fake they can still die.

It is saying it fully believes Ranger must die today, excepting situations in which it is important their role lives.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1116, Thomith wrote:
In post 1114, Oblivion wrote:

Scum Vig is only considered normal in Complex Normals.
So it is infact possible this game, understood.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:20 am

Post by Oblivion »

Can we get a VC maybe?
If this remains true, then you should inform her that you have intent to hammer/e-1 so that she does infact feel compelled to claim.
But not older.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:24 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1082, Ranger wrote: I'll say before bed; you all really
have
slacked.

I'm usually not topping the post charts; despite replacing in half a week ago, I'm already the third-highest poster and climbing.
I’m not 100% positive if you are at E-1 or E-2 but once we get a vote count my intent is to either put you at E-1 or hammer, whichever it is. I think we’d all appreciate a claim at this point. I won’t hammer without a claim but I can’t guarantee any one else won’t either.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1086, Gypyx wrote: maybe i'm wrong on the 2:3 theory but we at least have 3:2
I agree with this.

UNVOTE:

What do you think of ?

And why Snow?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1121, Lycanfire wrote:
I agree with this.

UNVOTE:
What do you think of ?

And why Snow?
I'm honestly not sure what you want from me here.

I think it was a fair statement regarding the kill, and a vote with a not fully explained reason, which is common for Naerys, no matter her alignment.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1121, Lycanfire wrote:
I agree with this.

UNVOTE:
What do you think of ?

And why Snow?
Snow is hard focused on me being scum because I was "PR Hunting", (or he at least believes thay Jackson was correctly saying I was PR hunting), but is refusing to elaborate as to where, so it feels like a blatant attempt to discredit me.

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Lycanfire »

BTW, Hu Tao isn't scummy for tunnelling. That can come from town. I found her scummy because she wasn't doing anything to push Dave over NAS yesterday. Thomith-Penguin both noted "resistance" to NAS. Unvoted people that were active and not resisting: Hu (456, 481) Kay (471, 503), Gypyx (479 / lots of shit posts from her on page 20), Dave (514).

People that were resisting:
randomnurse
Willow/my slot
Oblivion
Snow
Naerys

The good from Hu: 489 where they resist NAS a bit, and 607 because I liked that she was watching the clock. I still don't like how they weren't pushing their read over NAS, but gave permission repeatedly for people to pursue NAS despite seemingly communicating the opposite.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”