Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Sunflower »

hmmm

:blossom:
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

Alright, mass claim time since we are in limlo now. We're the dreamer, which makes us town (setup specific rule #1 says the starting dreamer is town). We do reveal a dream once moonrise phase ends, but not before then;
we are working under the assumption that Ydrasse is the other person revealing dreams. This doesn't automatically make them town, but we noted that they learned from their usage during moonrise 1, and during moonrise 2 they revealed roles in a way where we'd be able to see both of the dreams before picking after discard, which seemed town motivated to us. We didn't want to draw too much attention to that, though,
and I've been skeptical of their thread presence a bit.

During moonrise 1 our preferred dream was discarded, and then our revealed dream was a negative which allowed the mafia to steal the dream choice. During moonrise 2, we did choose to discard the dnd dream as Gif and I felt that the interaction between the dead hider and Aureal was unlikely to have been mistaken, and we got greedy for more. We talk about this a bit in but are trying to not make it too obvious that we are the dreamer with our wording, while keeping our vote on Aureal the whole time. The Superman dream sounded promising so we picked that. We ended up giving the reporter from that dream to Catgirl Chipotle. In hindsight we should have picked elsewhere as we don't trust Catgirl Chipotle right now, but they had opinions from what we have seen from them recently.

Moonrise 3 was really interesting.
Ydrasse revealed the tower after the mafia discarded something else, which was rather towny (without taking into account that the tower was a watcher, which she wouldn't have known)
, but then when the time came for us to make selections, we were told that our choices were hijacked for the phase. So the tower being revealed
again
was not our choice, and the watcher one shot did not go to a target of our choice either - we don't know where it went. We also did not get a choice for the second dream, what Enchant did with the ectoplasmic camera and the reporter dream on moonrise 3; but from the looks of things, that is possibly separate from the hijacking; the reporter dream was revealed and went into effect immediately with no time for anybody to make a selection before the mods moved on to the starting the day.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

At the end of the last day before Kyoko hammered themself Von Payne came out with a theory that Catgirl Chipotle was mafia if Kyoko was mafia. They said they needed to out it at that point or else they could be the night kill. Well that wasn't actually true, as we've seen they have a neighborhood during the night where they could easily out that information. So to us that was maybe a bit performative or they forgot their own role. Their choice of Enchant seems weird too, though they said it was a randomized choice, which seems weird to us (no offense meant, but you don't really have a lot to say Enchant); did they mention their role being compulsive earlier? I'd think the default would be nobody gets added.

But we're not locked into Von Payne being mafia or anything, just the above is weird. Our top suspect right now is Catgirl Chipotle, we think their play during twilight and the night phase is way a large departure from how they've been playing up until now; they are way quiet all of a sudden when we'd expect them to be reevaluating things since they were wrong and their view of the game should change. They've been calling us mafia due to connections with Kyoko, who was not mafia... what do they think of the game now? Plus Maria saying they thought Kyoko was town is a bit of a mafia claim in itself.

We should all be claiming roles today, and ideally Catgirl Chipotle goes next.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

OK so Ydrasse not being the dream revealer has thrown us off a bit.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Sunflower »

why are you claiming now

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

It's limlo. Everybody should be claiming. Mass claim is better done before the dream stuff as some things are targeted and mass claim might change things.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2627, Silver Ravens wrote: So to us that was maybe a bit performative or they forgot their own role
Yeah it just slipped my mind at the time. I wasn't thinking about my role or the extra phase. That's probably why we forgot to recruit someone. I know your next paragraph talks about me lying about that and I can't really refute that. There's no way to prove that mechanic exists

:dead:
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2630, Silver Ravens wrote: It's limlo. Everybody should be claiming. Mass claim is better done before the dream stuff as some things are targeted and mass claim might change things.
is there a reason you decided to go first?

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Von Payne »

I agree everyone should claim

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

By some things being targeted I mean dream stuff. It's better to have all the info out before then. Mass claim is something that needs to happen today - we are about to lose the game unless we no elim today or eliminate mafia today.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i feel like pressuring potential scum to claim first is generally better, no?

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2632, Sunflower wrote:
In post 2630, Silver Ravens wrote: It's limlo. Everybody should be claiming. Mass claim is better done before the dream stuff as some things are targeted and mass claim might change things.
is there a reason you decided to go first?

What is the purpose of this line of questioning? Aren't they conftown?

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 1, morph the cat wrote:
Setup Specific Rules (These are important!)

1. One member of the
    Dream Voyagers
    is selected to be the
    Dreamer
    during Pregame, and their identity is not revealed. The
    Dreamer
    is the ultimate arbiter of which Dream will take place during the night. Due to various circumstances, such as night kills, other players may become Dreamer as the game progresses.
Read this part again Sunflowers
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2635, Sunflower wrote: i feel like pressuring potential scum to claim first is generally better, no?

Ok I see. I agree with this

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 2635, Sunflower wrote: i feel like pressuring potential scum to claim first is generally better, no?

Well our bad if we went out of order, but we felt we needed to claim to get people to listen to us. What are the odds that if we call for a mass claim before dream phase without claiming that you folks say it is better to wait until after dream phase? We only have 1 day for this phase so we need to move relatively quickly.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Sunflower »

yeah idk it probably doesn't matter bc i doubt scum would try to cc dreamer but i went from thinking scum was catgirls/actiondan into finding out actiondan was the revealer, and then thinking it was catgirls/ravens, and then this which felt weird and also very surprising to me

in the span of like 3 minutes

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2639, Silver Ravens wrote:

Well our bad if we went out of order, but we felt we needed to claim to get people to listen to us. What are the odds that if we call for a mass claim before dream phase without claiming that you folks say it is better to wait until after dream phase? We only have 1 day for this phase so we need to move relatively quickly.
that's fine i guess yeah

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hello

i understand the necessity of claiming at elo and how clownish what i am about to say is given that we are at the point where it's probably necessary, and that perhaps i have not done the most i can to foster this level of trust, but i really nd truly think it is in the best interests of everyone here if i don't claim and keep the mafia unaware of my role

fmpov i know that other town will go "nooooo grrr that's dumb" but the mafia has to sit here and question what i have that is so troublesome that i don't claim it. it could be nothing. it could be a way to kill one of them if i'm limmed. maybe i have 50 guns. maybe i'm an awesome dreamer backup joat something. who knows.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Sunflower »

well i no longer think ydra is towny by role

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i understand that it is a very large ask this late in the game but i wouldn't ask if i didn't think it was important
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2642, Ydrasse wrote: hello

i understand the necessity of claiming at elo and how clownish what i am about to say is given that we are at the point where it's probably necessary, and that perhaps i have not done the most i can to foster this level of trust, but i really nd truly think it is in the best interests of everyone here if i don't claim and keep the mafia unaware of my role

fmpov i know that other town will go "nooooo grrr that's dumb" but the mafia has to sit here and question what i have that is so troublesome that i don't claim it. it could be nothing. it could be a way to kill one of them if i'm limmed. maybe i have 50 guns. maybe i'm an awesome dreamer backup joat something. who knows.
I strongly disagree with this approach but I can't really force you to claim if you don't want to

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

Sunflower us claiming before dream selection rather than after is also important because it means we effectively can't be counter claimed. We can prove our own role by telling you folks what dream we are going to select ahead of time. If we wait until after dream selection then things might get more muddy.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 2644, Ydrasse wrote: i understand that it is a very large ask this late in the game but i wouldn't ask if i didn't think it was important
We need to think about this. Will you claim if we ask you to later? It might depend on how the rest of this phase plays out.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Von Payne »

I don't think ydra would have a hard time coming up with a fake claim if she were scum. Especially considering all her possible scum partners are mechanically sound at the game

I can't really think of any other reason for her to do this if she were scum. She would just fake claim something believable

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2647, Silver Ravens wrote:

In post 2644, Ydrasse wrote: i understand that it is a very large ask this late in the game but i wouldn't ask if i didn't think it was important
We need to think about this. Will you claim if we ask you to later? It might depend on how the rest of this phase plays out.
maybe. i'm not going to say yes because i'm unsure if there's something important enough that would sway me right now but it's not.. out of the picture. i'm dwelling on it.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”