Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by Caligulaph »

Oh ho, Sir Gorrad, your person is pretty neat. "Hero of the Two Words," that is much cooler than the person I got. For the moment, however, I will not use this information for or against you, either, but circumstances may change.

And...I grow uncertain as to what else I should say...
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Since I'm excusing everyone for 12/24~12/26, I will have another round of prods tomorrow.
The end justifies the means.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Caligulaph wrote:In my eyes, I do not find SlySly's claiming to be Genghis Khan any evidence for or against him.
I snipped the post to which I am replying only for brevity, not for lack of content. I agree, though, that the names of the characters that we have been assigned probably have no bearing on anyone's actual role or alignment, since dictators are, by definition, bad guys and we know that most of us in this game are, by definition, good guys.

Regards,
Jazz
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Caligulaph »

My friends, as my signature suggests, I am leaving today. At 4:00 pm, I will be rendered unable to post. If you all would like me to execute someone before January 1st, we must do it before I depart. Otherwise, I will see you all in the new year.

Oh, and if the game feels like it is going slow, I would not mind making an irrational reason to execute someone and abusing my power so that you all can organize a mass riot to overthrow me. That might make the game become interesting.
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:40 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Well, for what it's worth, I'm in favor of the execution...
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I would prefer an execution to the game going into a virtual standstill for the next five days.

Regards,
Jazz
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Caligulaph »

As would I, my fair Jazzmyn! But the time has come to confess. I will admit it now that there is one other person who has conducted suspicious behavior of mafia-like tendencies: yourself, Jazzmyn. Perhaps not, you use much logic...maybe too much...I cannot say why, but I hold a fairly strong feeling that while you have stated everything clearly, you have used a wall of logic to hide your true intentions. Then with your logic and formalities superior to mine, you then attempt to become more persuasive.

But clearly, this is a gut feeling with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and feelings such as this are terrible things to follow, especially considering I have accused you of something I cannot entirely disprove myself of doing. Out of accusing you of plausible scummery, however, I hope to let my gut be at rest during my trip, so no hard feelings; I must serve my gut as much as I must serve my town.

Comments, my friends? Is anyone able to support or disprove me with actual, feasible evidence that would make my abstract accusation a reality or, more than likely, absolute garbage? If so, do it quickly; I will be departing in two hours.

And to Sir MonkeyMan, you mean that you approve of SlySly's execution, correct? I suppose that if it is to happen, it has taken a long while to do. Due to all the commotion of the matter and no resolution to it, that has most likely faltered with the continuing of game-play. Fear not, for the resolution, whether he lives or dies, shall be resolved in less than two hours in some way, shape, or form!

Let us discuss and bask in our sharings!!
-Dannald

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Caligulaph wrote:
And to Sir MonkeyMan, you mean that you approve of SlySly's execution, correct?
Yes, that's correct
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Caligulaph »

Ladymen, gentlesirs, and exotic animals of unparticular age, I am put on the spot now to decide. I have postponed this execution, and therefore, the entire game, and if I fail to act now, the game will implode due to a lack of anything happening.

The time of execution is at hand. SlySly proposed for role-claiming while he claimed to be the mighty doctor Genghis Khan. His story seems awkward, but supposedly someone stated that he had acted in this same manner while he was a pro-town role in a previous game, who I would quote, but find myself running out of time. Hopefully, I am remembering correctly. In any case, this only opens the possibility for SlySly to be a doctor.

I wish I acted sooner. But alas, I began to find SlySly’s defense convincing, but this may have been so due to my gut, and I believe I stated in the Dictatorthon that I would not trust such an organ. Or, I meant to say it. At any rate, certainly the brain would have more credibility. But as I might have mentioned before, regardless to SlySly’s role, would he be entirely profitable toward the town anyway?

I nay upon this statement in opposition to what some of you may think. SlySly, you have been chosen. For the charges of acting oddly suspicious,
execute: SlySly
. I am sorry to SlySly doing this so soon in the game and I am sorry for all of you for taking so long to do it.

My decisiveness is lacking. It is for this reason that these are my last words as dictator. I should not have been dictator; I have postponed, and possibly killed, the game for all. I am but a fool. I will be abdicating shortly, sacrificing my protection. Surely it is worth it for the sake of the town.

My only regret, in addition to lacking decisiveness, was being unable to finish the poem before my reign ended.

I do not find myself making it out of the night alive. Almost in the very words of Shakespeare: farewell, friends. Thus, Caligulaph ends. Adieu…adieu…adieu…
-Dannald

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Caligulaph wrote:Out of accusing you of plausible scummery, however, I hope to let my gut be at rest during my trip, so no hard feelings; I must serve my gut as much as I must serve my town.
I harbour no hard feelings whatsoever, Caligulaph. One must do what one thinks is right, and it cannot be easy to be thrust into the role of Dictator.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Caligulaph wrote:I nay upon this statement in opposition to what some of you may think. SlySly, you have been chosen. For the charges of acting oddly suspicious,
execute: SlySly
. I am sorry to SlySly doing this so soon in the game and I am sorry for all of you for taking so long to do it.
Ahh, I guess I should have read the rest of the thread before replying to that last post.

So, the deed is done.

Good night, all.

Regards,
Jazz
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Occam »

I think executing Sly was a good move. If he is the doc, which I would be surprised by, he did a very poor job of it.
Slice.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 am

SlySly, Genghis Khan, Protown Doctor, executed Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Please submit choices by 6:00 PM EST on Tuesday, December 30th, 2008
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:27 pm

The Night 1 deadline is up!

The day scene will be coming up shortly.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm

A new day dawns and thing sure have changed. Everyone gathers and recognises that there are two less people this morning. Unfortunately those two not present include former DICTATOR Caligulaph, who died due to poisoning. The other night victim is Occam, who was shot to death...

Caligulaph, Augusto Pinochet, Protown Tracker, Poisoned to Death Night 1
Occam, Saddam Hussein, Protown Vanilla Townie, Shot to Death Night 1
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Caligulaph abdicated during Night 1 and chose Gorrad as he successor.

Day 2's new DICTATOR will be determined by dice roll:

Der Hammer = 1
christiano drago = 2
Jebus = 3
Moratorium = 4
orangepenguin = 5
SiestaGuru = 6
MonkeyMan576 = 7
Jazzmyn = 8
Gorrad = 9~16

Original Roll String: 1d16
1 16-Sided Dice: (8) = 8
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Jebus is the new DICTATOR

It is now Day 2. The deadline is 7PM EST on Saturday, January 24th, 2009
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Jebus »

Hai. So I guess I'm new dictator. So, uhhh, yeah.

One thing, I'd like to point out that there is a role, similar to a politician (irony!), that steals one's overthrow attempt. Mine was stolen today xD

Here's our list of players, for my own reference. And all people killed (3) have flipped town, so I'd guess that 2-3 are scum.

Der Hammer
christiano drago
Jebus
Gorrad
Moratorium
orangepenguin
SiestaGuru
MonkeyMan576
Jazzmyn

I'll go with the same system as Caligulaph, I liked that. So my two officers are to be:
-Moratorium: The one I'd have preferred to end up as Dictator D1.
-Jazzmyn: I'd like to hear much more from you. You haven't sounded scum so far, and I'd like to have someone I'm unsure of as an officer.

And right now, I like MonkeyMan as scum.

Post 41
- Seems like he's making Occam look scum. Say's Occam looked to be pushing hard to get elected, when the whole thing was just random wagon-type stuff. As in, no serious campaign (in fact, hardly any at all) for him. And the post just seems like nonsense altogether.
Post 75 + 78
- Hai, not reading?
Post 216
- Hasn't said anything of much interest in the recent past, and then comes in with this meaningless shout.

And overall, he just looks like he's been laying low since the beginning of the game with the whole "how to beat the setup" stuff.

Other things of note:
roflcopter wrote:sorry guys, but this game just isn't for me. i've requested replacement.
~Post 101

I really don't think this is anything to worry about unless Jazzymn, who replaced rofl, starts to look iffy.
SlySly wrote:I had no idea the deadline was so near. I think caligulaph is the worst possible choice that could have been made for dictator.

overthrow:caligulaph
~Post 149
This is SlySly's infamous quick-overthrow attempt. It's not this I'm interested in, it's the reactions to it on the following page (7).

Which brings us to Gorrad, my second choice of scum (and I think this may be a little more potent than my case on MM.

Post 159
- Reaction to SlySly's overthrow attempt. Make of it what you will.
Post 187
- Huh? Wouldn't it be okay to have one scum outed for one doctor? I've always considered one doctor to be worth less, if you will than one scum.
Post 191
- I didn't think to check this before, but the post where SlySly breadcrumbs is long before Caligulaph becomes dictator, in which case it may just be a good way for him to have strong ground on his claim if it need come in later on. And this part isn't against Gorrad at all, it's just a note.
Post 205-6
- As SlySly says in 206.
Post 225
- What? Is this your claim? I don't see any pressure/request for you to claim (?)

So, what does everyone think?

General order:
-Citizens = 1/2 of execution decision. And vote, I'll keep track of this.
-Moratorium = 1/4 of decision, as an officer.
-Jazzmyn = 1/4 of decision, as an officer.
-Jebus = small amount of veto power atop the decision.

And on another note, I agree we should get the dictator rotation worked out. My general thought on this is that the dictator makes the next person on the list the successor and abdicates to them at the beginning of the next day period.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Jebus »

Oh, and note that not everything I say in either of my cases is against the person, though I still find it noteworthy. This doesn't refer to anything in particular.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I've been involved, it's just that people seem to be in agreement with who I think is scummy so I've been a little under the radar.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:
Post 191
- I didn't think to check this before, but the post where SlySly breadcrumbs is long before Caligulaph becomes dictator, in which case it may just be a good way for him to have strong ground on his claim if it need come in later on. And this part isn't against Gorrad at all, it's just a note.
Obviously it was true, but Im still wondering why this was helpful to him (sly that is) in any way, I dont really like how gorrad saw it as scummy instead of neutral, but this breadcrumbing thing doesnt really seem ... well useful.. It just means that you had a claim in mind, not that this claim was truthfull.

Or am I missing something here? You seem to think it gives you a solid ground so Im wondering what this ground is, it might be usefull for me in other games then.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Jebus »

I'd think that if you had that on, say, the first page or so, and then you were forced to claim D3 on the 25th page, you'd have your breadcrumb to show that at least if you weren't doctor, you'd been thinking of claiming that since the beginning of the game, which may be a little long to plan something like that out.

Of course, I could be speaking nonsense >.<
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:I'd think that if you had that on, say, the first page or so, and then you were forced to claim D3 on the 25th page, you'd have your breadcrumb to show that at least if you weren't doctor, you'd been thinking of claiming that since the beginning of the game, which may be a little long to plan something like that out.

Of course, I could be speaking nonsense >.<
But it wouldnt be too hard to breadcrumb every role you think is in the game right? If you do it right and with different methods they will likely never figure out you had those other roles crumbed aswell....

Or at least someone else could argue like that, no matter if you did it or not.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Occam »

Mod Edit: Regular rule #2 says "dead men tell no tales".
Slice.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Jebus »

Hai Occam, glad to see you're getting sunlight D:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”