compulsive complex Inventor
compulsive complex Inventor
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:52 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3.01

Snow2697 (2): Thomith, Lycanfire
Thomith (1): Snow2697

Not Voting (8): Random Nurse, Gypyx, Oblivion, Naerys, geraintm, KayJayQueue, Titus, PenguinPower

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-17 13:15:36).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
Last edited by Alianna on Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1422, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1412, Thomith wrote:
In post 1409, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you literally Day 1, Hu. I should’ve just trusted you but then this neighborhood stuff got in my head. And Ranger kinda scared me with how aggressive she was when I was trying to be gracious while she caught up.

So are we continuing on with looking inside the hood? I’m scared of tunneling there and not looking at all options. I still stand behind my Penguin vote but I think I need to take a backseat for the first few days of D2 to reevaluate other players.

I’d like the opinions of the other 4 hood players on if they feel we definitely have another scum in hood. (I think I know where Thom and Gypyx stand)
I specifically do not like how Snow has been refusing to elaborate on why he believes I was PR hunting Day 1, and every time I ask him about it, he states that I'm posting nonsense and refusing to interact further. He is not giving me any way to allow me to explain or defend myself.

He also made a post in the hood just before the Night ended, stating it Gypyx did not explain her scumread on her then he would 1v1 her today, (while I am biased) this seemed to setup his push on Gypyx today, to almost give a reason for his actions before he did them.

I personally don't see the possible town motivation behind either action.

We don't necessarily have to hard focus on the hood today like I wanted us to yesterday, but I'm voting here for now as Snow is my current biggest scumread.
You are misstating our hood communications in open thread. Please stop doing this.

Re PR hunting. For the record, my position is that you were active on D1, but you were not hunting scums. Jackson made a "PR hunt" comment and got killed. Your bare statement that you were not PR hunting is not sufficient. So, I am still waiting for your explanations on how you were scumhunting - and not PR hunting - on D1. So far there are none.
Stating we should execute a VT claim rather than run up another player and risk a PR claiming close to EoD, which is what I was doing prior to the "PR hunt" comment, is not PR hunting.

I have been asking questions to gague peoples reactions, which is what I usually do to gather information to scumhunt, and was actively trying to solve (Voting Naerys because I believed pressuring her would make her spew her alignment as an example), working to create a PoE to allow me to begin solving.
I actively wanted to out the hood early, because I believed there was scum there, should also be proof that I am working towards trying to solve this game as well.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:01 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I have a feeling this neighbor v neighbor v neighbor is going to cripple us going forward. Because if we lim one today that flips town, there’s no stopping a tunnel on yet another one the next day. I think you guys might be right that the hood could have 2 scum but I worry we will get hung up on that and scum will use it as a distraction every day. I’m mostly apprehensive because currently I lean toward the Thom/Gypyx side being town (Thom mostly, Gypyx after) but what if we flip snow and even Titus and both are town? We’re so screwed because we’ll all be too paranoid NOT to flip the remaining hood. Obviously if snow flips red, yay for us but I’m just thinking of worst case scenarios here.

I’ll continue withholding my vote for now (sorry penguin I know you hate that) but I genuinely worry about what we do today and how it might shape the rest of the game. I welcome other opinions and insight on this, especially from anyone with experience playing games with neighborhoods. I might be getting too paranoid but I’d rather stay a bit apprehensive than be complacent.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:06 am

Post by Thomith »

I'm willing to go outside the hood today, because I will admit I'm 100% tunnelled on Snow right now. Rightly or wrongly, I guess we'll see.

FWIW this is where I think I am right now:

Gypyx
Naerys
Titus

KayJayQueue
Oblivion
Random Nurse

geraintm
PenguinPower

Lycanfire
Snow2697

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:08 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I mean, as I said, I still strongly feel like my Penguin vote had merit but I honestly don’t really know where many people stand on the player list in general because of all the hood focus. I’ll make a reads list as well and I’d really appreciate if others could too, just to give us a bigger picture understanding of where we all stand currently on our reads.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:28 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1423, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1421, Snow2697 wrote: Yet another push on me. Makes no sense from town!players standpoint.
On D1 I identified 4 categories of players:
1 - me
2 - Gypyx-Thomith-Titus-geraintm-Little Will o' Wisp/Lycanfire-PenguinPower-Dave/Ranger who were on my speedwagon on D1
3 - Naerys-Kay-Oblivion who criticized the speedwagon on me
4 - NAS - RN - Jackson - Hu Tao - remaining players.

Noteworthy that all scum kills were in category 4.
What do you think this could mean?
That most of the scums are not in category 4?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:29 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1430, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1423, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1421, Snow2697 wrote: Yet another push on me. Makes no sense from town!players standpoint.
On D1 I identified 4 categories of players:
1 - me
2 - Gypyx-Thomith-Titus-geraintm-Little Will o' Wisp/Lycanfire-PenguinPower-Dave/Ranger who were on my speedwagon on D1
3 - Naerys-Kay-Oblivion who criticized the speedwagon on me
4 - NAS - RN - Jackson - Hu Tao - remaining players.

Noteworthy that all scum kills were in category 4.
What do you think this could mean?
That most of the scums are not in category 4?
I mean..obviously lol I just thought there was a theory on why they were being killed over others.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:34 am

Post by Oblivion »

It will only kill Naerys today.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1428, Thomith wrote: I'm willing to go outside the hood today, because I will admit I'm 100% tunnelled on Snow right now. Rightly or wrongly, I guess we'll see.

Gypyx
Naerys
Titus

KayJayQueue
Oblivion
Random Nurse

geraintm
PenguinPower

Lycanfire
Snow2697
This is an awful reads list and it thinks you can die after Naerys.

Lycanfire and Penguin swapped the momentum away from Ranger living to Ranger dying. It was the one responsible for ensuring Ranger died. Those 3 slots are town and never dying today. Snow and Hu Tao were attempted counter wagons to save Ranger. Also town.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1427, KayJayQueue wrote: I have a feeling this neighbor v neighbor v neighbor is going to cripple us going forward. Because if we lim one today that flips town, there’s no stopping a tunnel on yet another one the next day. I think you guys might be right that the hood could have 2 scum but I worry we will get hung up on that and scum will use it as a distraction every day. I’m mostly apprehensive because currently I lean toward the Thom/Gypyx side being town (Thom mostly, Gypyx after) but what if we flip snow and even Titus and both are town? We’re so screwed because we’ll all be too paranoid NOT to flip the remaining hood. Obviously if snow flips red, yay for us but I’m just thinking of worst case scenarios here.

I’ll continue withholding my vote for now (sorry penguin I know you hate that) but I genuinely worry about what we do today and how it might shape the rest of the game. I welcome other opinions and insight on this, especially from anyone with experience playing games with neighborhoods. I might be getting too paranoid but I’d rather stay a bit apprehensive than be complacent.
This makes sense. We need to understand when we stop voting into the hood.
If not the hood, an option can be to look at Naerys-geraintm (both did not vote scum!Dave, but voted town!NAS) and also at Wisp-Naerys conflict dating back to D1 (Wisp looks more town due to his vote into Ranger on D2).
Penguin voted scum!Ranger, so some details on why he is scum might be helpful.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 am

Post by Oblivion »

Naerys. Gerantim. Thomith. These are the names that must die.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:37 am

Post by Oblivion »

KayJay can also die.
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:38 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1433, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1428, Thomith wrote: I'm willing to go outside the hood today, because I will admit I'm 100% tunnelled on Snow right now. Rightly or wrongly, I guess we'll see.

Gypyx
Naerys
Titus

KayJayQueue
Oblivion
Random Nurse

geraintm
PenguinPower

Lycanfire
Snow2697

Lycanfire and Penguin swapped the momentum away from Ranger living to Ranger dying. It was the one responsible for ensuring Ranger died. Those 3 slots are town and never dying today. Snow and Hu Tao were attempted counter wagons to save Ranger. Also town.
If I was scum why would I swing the momentum back to execute Ranger when it seemed that momentum may have begun picking up elsewhere?

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:38 am

Post by Oblivion »

Yeah, that is the PoE for it.

KayJay, Thomith, Gerantim, Naerys.

It thinks kill Naerys and Thomith and you probably win, you always find at least one more scum. If it isn't over... Kill between the others.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:39 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1437, Thomith wrote:
In post 1433, Oblivion wrote:

Gypyx
Naerys
Titus

KayJayQueue
Oblivion
Random Nurse

geraintm
PenguinPower

Lycanfire
Snow2697

If I was scum why would I swing the momentum back to execute Ranger when it seemed that momentum may have begun picking up elsewhere?
Nope. It will not let you have that. Ranger was at E-2 with people still frothing for her blood. It thinks your vote is an easy easy bus vote. You did nothing to enforce Ranger dying.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:41 am

Post by Oblivion »

Infact it has a special power where it can psychicly see into your scum PT? So it sees the moment where Ranger gave up and told you to bus her.
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:43 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1440, Oblivion wrote: Infact it has a special power where it can psychicly see into your scum PT? So it sees the moment where Ranger gave up and told you to bus her.
Incorrect.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:44 am

Post by Oblivion »

We will see. It is most amused you believe you get to dictate today.

Snow is off the table.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:45 am

Post by Oblivion »

It is considering a Mass Claim at this point. We have had 2 nights of actions, it wonders if a third benefits us over forcing claims.

It would like to do this in a Popcorn styling.
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:46 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1442, Oblivion wrote: We will see. It is most amused you believe you get to dictate today.

Snow is off the table.
I'm not stating I get to dictate the day. In fact I said I'm willing to go outside the hood because I may be tunnelled, I'm just voting my biggest scumread right now.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:46 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1443, Oblivion wrote: It is considering a Mass Claim at this point. We have had 2 nights of actions, it wonders if a third benefits us over forcing claims.

It would like to do this in a Popcorn styling.
It might clear some things up.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:10 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1434, Snow2697 wrote:
This makes sense. We need to understand when we stop voting into the hood.
If not the hood, an option can be to look at Naerys-geraintm (both did not vote scum!Dave, but voted town!NAS)
I feel like I should be included in this group too (unfortunately). Even though I didn’t end the day voting NAS, I started that wagon and was probably partially responsible for that lim happening.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1433, Oblivion wrote: Lycanfire and Penguin swapped the momentum away from Ranger living to Ranger dying. It was the one responsible for ensuring Ranger died. Those 3 slots are town and never dying today.
I think you fget that this might be just executed distancing. Both Peng and Lycan really shouldnt be considered as solid town.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 am

Post by Oblivion »

Situational doesn't match. Lycan was clearly town from replacement and Peguin was disconnected enough to rejoin and simply believe the claim if he wanted. Town and Town. Ranger was very clearly trying to live.
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:31 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1448, Oblivion wrote: Situational doesn't match. Lycan was clearly town from replacement and Peguin was disconnected enough to rejoin and simply believe the claim if he wanted. Town and Town. Ranger was very clearly trying to live.
I agree withbthe last statement.

I believe at least one person hard pushing Ranger was probably bussing, because I believe that slot was kind of doomed already.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”