KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:35 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1449, Thomith wrote:
In post 1448, Oblivion wrote: Situational doesn't match. Lycan was clearly town from replacement and Peguin was disconnected enough to rejoin and simply believe the claim if he wanted. Town and Town. Ranger was very clearly trying to live.
I agree withbthe last statement.

I believe at least one person hard pushing Ranger was probably bussing, because I believe that slot was kind of doomed already.
Oh I fully understand this statement now that I’ve been given aid to expand my mafia vocabulary! And I also agree that someone (possibly hard pushing at times) was doing it strategically. I need to figure out who.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:39 am

Post by Oblivion »

There was a point at which Ranger was going to live yesterday, after the claim. For it, only Thomith or Gypyx can be bussing, because the others came along to nail in the coffin Ranger.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:43 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1451, Oblivion wrote: There was a point at which Ranger was going to live yesterday, after the claim. For it, only Thomith or Gypyx can be bussing, because the others came along to nail in the coffin Ranger.
Okay I’m technically still learning the extent of the vocabulary. Can someone explain why just being on the wagon isn’t bussing? Is it to do with hammering? I’m asking genuinely please don’t think I’m trying to play dumb to look a specific way. I just want to fully understand what the reasoning is so I don’t analyze things incorrectly for this and future games.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:45 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Unless the team is Titus, geraint and random nurse we have to pick out who is scum here.

I'd like to see people less willing to line up eliminations. It isn't very compelling at this stage.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:47 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1427, KayJayQueue wrote: I have a feeling this neighbor v neighbor v neighbor is going to cripple us going forward. Because if we lim one today that flips town, there’s no stopping a tunnel on yet another one the next day. I think you guys might be right that the hood could have 2 scum but I worry we will get hung up on that and scum will use it as a distraction every day. I’m mostly apprehensive because currently I lean toward the Thom/Gypyx side being town (Thom mostly, Gypyx after) but what if we flip snow and even Titus and both are town? We’re so screwed because we’ll all be too paranoid NOT to flip the remaining hood.
I don't think the hood is very relevant right now. What's your take on what is going on in the thread?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1421, Snow2697 wrote: Yet another push on me. Makes no sense from town!players standpoint.
Initially I liked that you picked up on the interaction with Jackson, but whether Thomith was scheming or not I don't read his post as actively doing so. It was very LAMIST (look at me, i'm so town for the new people).

Is this the glue holding your read together for Thomith?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1454, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 1427, KayJayQueue wrote: I have a feeling this neighbor v neighbor v neighbor is going to cripple us going forward. Because if we lim one today that flips town, there’s no stopping a tunnel on yet another one the next day. I think you guys might be right that the hood could have 2 scum but I worry we will get hung up on that and scum will use it as a distraction every day. I’m mostly apprehensive because currently I lean toward the Thom/Gypyx side being town (Thom mostly, Gypyx after) but what if we flip snow and even Titus and both are town? We’re so screwed because we’ll all be too paranoid NOT to flip the remaining hood.
I don't think the hood is very relevant right now. What's your take on what is going on in the thread?
I really think the hood is a distraction that is hurting us. I don’t think we should ignore it but I think we would be making a mistake not to look outside of it. Of course I have apprehension that if (and for my current takes, please note that I’m leaning toward the possibility of 2 scum in hood though I won’t die on that) the second scum lies in Gypyx/Thom, which I currently don’t believe is the case but if my reads are wrong and one IS scum, that we’ve gotten so twisted that I think we will end up trying to vote out every hood member and it might lose us the game. I need to look at the numbers and see what the possibilities are with how many people we can vote out and then the number that could possibly get nightkilled before we just lose. This isn’t taking into account any extra deaths due to vig, no kill nights due to some other OR, or what have you. Because I don’t think I know mechanics well enough to speculate on those things accurately.

BUT, if the consensus becomes Naerys today, I’m probably going to rub people the wrong way yet again because I really, really don’t think that’s a good lim.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Who is scum and why, Kay?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:59 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1453, Lycanfire wrote: Unless the team is Titus, geraint and random nurse we have to pick out who is scum here.

I'd like to see people less willing to line up eliminations. It isn't very compelling at this stage.
I don't think I'm willing to execute Titus today.

I also feel pretty good about Random Nurse, so wouldn't really want to execute there either.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (17/17)
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:04 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1457, Lycanfire wrote: Who is scum and why, Kay?
-One of {Titus, Snow, and to a lesser degree Gypyx}
-PenguinPower

Those are my strongest degree. My next tier up would be {gera, RN} and I’m conflicted because I don’t want to put you in that tier because of your D2 but I’m still a bit hung up on your slot from D1 and I think I’m second guessing myself too much to just ignore it. So you’d be 3rd in that tier, after RN. But I am not very confident on any of those 3 definitely being bad so my focus is on the 4 players I listed first.

It may seem hypocritical that I listed hood players first after complaining that we are tunneling as a town on the hood but we also can’t just ignore it. But if I were voting outside of hood today, it would currently be Penguin.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 589, Thomith wrote:
In post 582, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why is there PR hunting going on?
There isn't?
This is Snow's case

Thomith's post that I didn't like:

Snow's posts around this time

Nothing to do with Thomith and Jackson. It's very dry and mechanical, like his d2 has been (constantly grouping people which is giving more of the appearance of work). I don't like his fixation with the Jackson kill either.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:06 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1459, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1457, Lycanfire wrote: Who is scum and why, Kay?
-One of {Titus, Snow, and to a lesser degree Gypyx}
-PenguinPower

Those are my strongest degree. My next tier up would be {gera, RN} and I’m conflicted because I don’t want to put you in that tier because of your D2 but I’m still a bit hung up on your slot from D1 and I think I’m second guessing myself too much to just ignore it. So you’d be 3rd in that tier, after RN. But I am not very confident on any of those 3 definitely being bad so my focus is on the 4 players I listed first.

It may seem hypocritical that I listed hood players first after complaining that we are tunneling as a town on the hood but we also can’t just ignore it. But if I were voting outside of hood today, it would currently be Penguin.
reads* not degree
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1459, KayJayQueue wrote: -One of {Titus, Snow, and to a lesser degree Gypyx}
-PenguinPower
Have they made bad posts?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:12 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1462, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 1459, KayJayQueue wrote: -One of {Titus, Snow, and to a lesser degree Gypyx}
-PenguinPower
Have they made bad posts?
Ahhh I know where this is going and I’m currently 51 hours into a 58-60 hour 4 day work weekend and then I have to hop on a plane at 5am to travel home. I won’t be able to thoroughly go through and give specifics on these players for a while and I’m just being realistic about my capabilities in multiple capacities: firstly, that I am on mobile only right now and secondly, my mental exhaustion from the weekend. If you’d still like this in a couple days, I’ll happily draft that post as soon as I physically and mentally can. I’m not trying to dodge this in any way, I just don’t want to make promises I can’t fulfill for maybe 2 days.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:22 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1455, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 1421, Snow2697 wrote: Yet another push on me. Makes no sense from town!players standpoint.
Initially I liked that you picked up on the interaction with Jackson, but whether Thomith was scheming or not I don't read his post as actively doing so. It was very LAMIST (look at me, i'm so town for the new people).

Is this the glue holding your read together for Thomith?
Jackson's post? Yeah, probably. I wrote that Thomith was active, said right things, but he mostly townread players and did not look like he was scumhunting. What was he doing? Jackson made a proposal. I don't think that it was rebutted by Thomith.
And on D2 Thomith was townreading Gypyx, calling her as "actively trying to solve the game", which again I did not see.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1449, Thomith wrote: I believe at least one person hard pushing Ranger was probably bussing, because I believe that slot was kind of doomed already.
+1
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Oblivion »

Have players casually forgotten that Naerys voted themselves because they did not want to read Ranger's posting anymore, only to them be ignored as a wagon choice by Ranger... And then TRY TO SAVE RANGER AT END OF DAY?

It cannot see past that dissonance. It views either the emotional reaction Naerys had to be faked or the emotional reaction was real but Naerys still tried to save scum anyway.

In either case, it fits Ranger scum partner.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:17 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1466, Oblivion wrote: Have players casually forgotten that Naerys voted themselves because they did not want to read Ranger's posting anymore, only to them be ignored as a wagon choice by Ranger... And then TRY TO SAVE RANGER AT END OF DAY?

It cannot see past that dissonance. It views either the emotional reaction Naerys had to be faked or the emotional reaction was real but Naerys still tried to save scum anyway.

I played a game recently with Naerys where she also self-voted and had an emotional reaction that got her scumread and mislimmed as town. Nothing is telling me this situation is much different at the core. I don’t think the goal was to save scum at all and I believe her frustration because I’ve seen it before. Could I be wrong and she’s using her recent game to replicate “town” behavior? It’s a possibility but it seems unlikely. That combined with how I read her on D1 is enough (for me) to not want her pushed unless we get information that supports it. Not just “probably fake AtE”, that’s not enough when it very well could be real.

Maybe RN can weigh in on this because he was also in the game I’m referencing. I might give his opinion more weight if he thinks I’m trusting this too much.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

1. Who were the ones most trying to keep Ranger alive?

2.The last two votes on Ranger were Thomith and Gypyx (Gypyx's didn't count).
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 1467, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1466, Oblivion wrote: Have players casually forgotten that Naerys voted themselves because they did not want to read Ranger's posting anymore, only to them be ignored as a wagon choice by Ranger... And then TRY TO SAVE RANGER AT END OF DAY?

I played a game recently with Naerys where she also self-voted and had an emotional reaction that got her scumread and mislimmed as town. Nothing is telling me this situation is much different at the core. I don’t think the goal was to save scum at all and I believe her frustration because I’ve seen it before. Could I be wrong and she’s using her recent game to replicate “town” behavior? It’s a possibility but it seems unlikely. That combined with how I read her on D1 is enough (for me) to not want her pushed unless we get information that supports it. Not just “probably fake AtE”, that’s not enough when it very well could be real.

Maybe RN can weigh in on this because he was also in the game I’m referencing. I might give his opinion more weight if he thinks I’m trusting this too much.

Part of me does suspect Naerys more due to the Ranger flip.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'll be here more starting tomorrow.

Oblivion is locktown.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: naerys
<(") | (")>
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 1470, PenguinPower wrote: I'll be here more starting tomorrow.

Oblivion is locktown.

Why is that?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

This is not a scum post:
In post 1433, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1428, Thomith wrote: I'm willing to go outside the hood today, because I will admit I'm 100% tunnelled on Snow right now. Rightly or wrongly, I guess we'll see.

FWIW this is where I think I am right now:

Gypyx
Naerys
Titus

KayJayQueue
Oblivion
Random Nurse

geraintm
PenguinPower

Lycanfire
Snow2697
This is an awful reads list and it thinks you can die after Naerys.

Lycanfire and Penguin swapped the momentum away from Ranger living to Ranger dying. It was the one responsible for ensuring Ranger died. Those 3 slots are town and never dying today. Snow and Hu Tao were attempted counter wagons to save Ranger. Also town.
<(") | (")>
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by Naerys »