Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6250 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Like, it was just an opinion, why put an opinion out there and why that particular one when you’ve got reading to do.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 6241, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I wasn't expecting to even recognize anyone but it just sort of happened and it's going to be coloring my read because I think they're an extremely capable scum player.
That’s interesting since if you play mafia much on this site you’re probably going to notice some distinctive posting.

I’m surprised you could figure out who Kaguya was given they kept it all to mech speculation and no one, on this website, does it quite that way to knowledge. Maybe they dropped a catch phrase or something very common to them that I missed.

This feels unnatural.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 5375, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 4910, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: Thou Shalt Not Meta
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 pm

In post 6234, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 6210, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I'm getting tired of waiting for stuff to happen this game. Aya if your kill today is Reisen can you just speed things along and save GIF the trouble of finding a replacement to a 250 page uPick?
Will say in particular though that this feels like someone who is anxious to accelerate the day and end the game and doesn't want a replacement coming in and creating problems for them. I know my predecessor targeted them with their spellcard to make them self target, but yeah. Gut ping.
I'm pocketing GIF by saving them from hard work
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

In post 6241, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I wasn't expecting to even recognize anyone but it just sort of happened and it's going to be coloring my read because I think they're an extremely capable scum player.
If you know my main you'd also know I'm very obviously in my townrange and outside my scumrange
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

If Kagerou lurks to deadline and/or doesn't get replaced I might literally scream
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 6254, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
If you know my main you'd also know I'm very obviously in my townrange and outside my scumrange
this after "thou shalt not meta" is hysterical

also i want to murder you for saying this
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 pm

I simultaneously want to get into meta reads with Reisen but also don't
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm

In post 6256, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
this after "thou shalt not meta" is hysterical

also i want to murder you for saying this
shush I'm having an under the table convo with Reisen, what would be the point of simultaneously playing to a town meta while also heavily obfuscating my main
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

In post 6251, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
That’s interesting since if you play mafia much on this site you’re probably going to notice some distinctive posting.

I’m surprised you could figure out who Kaguya was given they kept it all to mech speculation and no one, on this website, does it quite that way to knowledge. Maybe they dropped a catch phrase or something very common to them that I missed.

This feels unnatural.
Stylistic tell and I'm annoyed that it got picked up
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm

In post 6182, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: Like this isn't working for me at least, I need to talk to the other two to get a baseline
Yuuka: new baseline. I think like 65+%ish of my townread on you comes from just existing more compared to Reisen/Kagerou. New Reisen I want to kill more than before but there's a level of OMGUS there that I'm gonna need to sort out
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm

Kagerou townreaders: pretend you're maf and you know I'm town. Is Kagerou still town in that world?
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Yes. Kagerou can still be town in that world. Because I’m scum. And I think it wouldn’t be *too* far-fetched for a Reisen/me team to exist (no this isn’t tongue and cheek and some kind of hint, this is hypothetical world)

In terms of omgus.
Eh. Already think reisen is scum and they’re creating a town read that is either obviously wrong from my pov or they’re scum. I still read what they had to say about Kagerou because unlike you they actually cased a player that it doesn’t benefit them to case.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

There aren’t a lot of players I associate with town and scum ranges. That are also willing to keep the mech gimmick going even to their detriment, usually because they have a very limited range and lack the self-discipline *to* keep that up.

Also, ‘very good scum player’ with player you think correctly meta read you and ‘I’m out of my scum range’ doth not compute.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 6255, Aya Shameimaru wrote: If Kagerou lurks to deadline and/or doesn't get replaced I might literally scream
Nth
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I also find that sort of meta spec in an anon game while very fitting(because I do it to) to be along the same lines of creating a problem in search of no solution.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 am

In post 6263, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Also, ‘very good scum player’ with player you think correctly meta read you and ‘I’m out of my scum range’ doth not compute.
I'm very easy to activity read if I'm not actively putting in effort to play to my meta because my scum games are consistently high effort while my town games are only high effort when needed. I wasn't expecting to get mainread this easily so as scum I'd be taking the extra thread control by being active D1/D2 instead of playing to a meta I wouldn't be expecting to need to play to
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Are you certain they even correctly identified you.
All they said is that you’re a good scum player. That’s not very specific, but you’re running the extra 20 miles with the ball here.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:27 am

In post 6267, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Are you certain they even correctly identified you.
I can tell which posts triggered the recognition based off of the quote numbers in between and they're correctly calling me out as someone that'd bus on d1 in a way that'd make it hard to clear Kagerou from their perspective. They know who I am
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Aight.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

You weren’t expecting to get main read after 800 posts? By a replace in?
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:52 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 6249, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 6247, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 6244, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Well, Reisen and Kagerou haven’t led any wagons. And at least one of those player’s is scum.

So you are at maximum half right Reisen.

Whether it’s Kaguya actively controlling the eliminations or the scum team really was just out of sight of mind is difficult to know for sure without, you know, the game ending.
Well that's speaking from your POV but I have no knowledge of your alignment at all, so it's not like I can do anything with a statement like this.
So’s speculation on how scum approached the game.i can’t do anything with that. Unless you sell it. And you didn’t, but took time to disagree with it, probably because it suits your position.
In post 6250, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Like, it was just an opinion, why put an opinion out there and why that particular one when you’ve got reading to do.
I mean, yes, it's a self serving argument, because I know my slot is town and me getting voted here ends the game so I'm going to say it.
In post 6251, Yuuka Kazami wrote:

This feels unnatural.
I mean- I can't really get into it at all. I just happened to have something *click*.

But to claim it's "unnatural" -
why would I lie about something like that
? The idea is nonsensical.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 6257, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I simultaneously want to get into meta reads with Reisen but also don't
I mean, I'm not going to get into it with you because that is impossible, but also: haha, no.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:54 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Unnatural meaning that your focus is in the wrong place compared to what I’d expect a player’s attention to be directed to.

A hero complex and dropping an opinion about how the scum team got here before even reading the game or how we got here is *unnatural*
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Though maybe not, it kind of depends about how you think about people in general.

Rando on the street giving an opinion without understanding the first thing about it? Absolutely.

Replacement with a hero complex? I mean, you wanna look cool right, look professional, like you know what you’re doing. Ehhh I guess the the tone is right for looking cool, but. The opinion isn’t.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”