open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:51 am

Post by the worst »

In post 574, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 561, the worst wrote: are u suggesting that you townread my pred so there's an onus on me to continue to be ostensibly towny?
Yes. And I won't take no for an answer.
I'm guessing we haven't met. I don't think I'm hard to read, necessarily, but I think it's hard for a lot of people to feel comfortable in their reads on me. If you can try to sort me via my predecessor that will probably make this game a lot easier. My slots alignment hasn't changed, you're just stuck with me now (sorry)
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:54 am

Post by experience »

In post 556, the worst wrote:
In post 537, experience wrote: HURT: all
why the hurt everyone here?

talk me thru it a little
i feel safer voting a coalition i myself agree with, which i hadn't found so i unvoted everybody.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 260, May wrote: Serious face if I applied the concept of frozen to this game ceejay summarized the first 200 posts with one post from aventurine that "feels off" and trickled pretty minimal thoughts thereafter so I would kinda wonder if he's having an alignment related problem digging into the game
I really want you to be town but I think ceejay has made the townies posts of his career in this game and struggle to see how cutter & Umlaut fit into your vote 2 posts later :(

:( :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 576, experience wrote:
In post 556, the worst wrote:
In post 537, experience wrote: HURT: all
why the hurt everyone here?

talk me thru it a little
i feel safer voting a coalition i myself agree with, which i hadn't found so i unvoted everybody.
that makes sense. why does that make you feel safer?
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:56 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 575, the worst wrote:
In post 574, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 561, the worst wrote: are u suggesting that you townread my pred so there's an onus on me to continue to be ostensibly towny?
Yes. And I won't take no for an answer.
I'm guessing we haven't met. I don't think I'm hard to read, necessarily, but I think it's hard for a lot of people to feel comfortable in their reads on me. If you can try to sort me via my predecessor that will probably make this game a lot easier. My slots alignment hasn't changed, you're just stuck with me now (sorry)
Oh, ceejay wasn't actually widely townread! He was hovering around null for a lot of people. I think I'm one of the few people who's expressed a townread on him.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 12:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 282, Aventurine wrote: Went to grab a bite and talked to a few friends, I'm back now.
Only two players on my coalition are included deliberately: May and Tsawwassen (spelled correctly?). I included May because she's generally given me good vibes. This is absolutely a read with zero basis behind it, but I'd bet that May is likely town. The inactivity(?) is a bit of a cause for concern on my end. Tsawwassen is a player I am less confident in. I came out of our interaction on page 2 feeling pretty good aside from the questions they literally didn't answer. They've been trying to actively solve, so I think that this is more likely town than not.

On the other hand, there are a few people excluded from my coalition. I'm feeling better about Moros after a day or so of observation, might consider adding it back into my coalition.
I think out of the other three, I'm more actively concerned about Black than Umlaut or Implosion. In fact, Implosion is the towniest of all of the people I excluded. I think Black is very interesting because I'm not quite sure how to read her, but her posts give me this bad gut feeling. For instance, a little while ago, she asked Moros if it thought Umlaut and her were partnered. I think on the surface this is an okay question to make, but when I asked why she asked that question she said that it was because she wanted to know Moros' thought process. This was strange to me initially, but I thought about it a bit more. Asking that is an interesting way to understand thought process. Instead of asking about why Moros felt that way, if she had really wanted to know about Moros' thought process, she instead asks a different question. And later on, she asks me what's wrong with Umlaut and why I didn't include them in my coalition. I think her questions act as a tool to help her surveil, for lack of a better term. I don't know if this is consistent across the board, but these are just two incidents that have stuck out to me.
I don't know if Black is town or not, but I think these posts are weird.
Oh, and also there's Umlaut white knighting Black on page six(?). Implosion is included because I think Umlaut and Black are likely to be paired and if they're not, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
ooh ok this is a scumpost
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 am

Post by the worst »

In post 287, Aventurine wrote: actually
HURT: Cutter B HEAL: Moros, ceejayvinoya
I like how erratic this is but I don't think I like the outcome of it all that much (sorry ceejay)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:05 am

Post by the worst »

In post 324, Black wrote: Dang maybe may is town too
either I agree or like, this is happening
In post 186, May wrote: The porcupine town read on Moros is pretty good but I also feel like it's kind of just playing mafia without caring about winning debate club. is a joke that undermine its own arguments

There's a certain extent to which I just want to town read all the players that make me laugh and I think Moros is above Black on the leaderboard
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 am

Post by the worst »

In post 332, May wrote: Aventurine seems very appeasy

The double pivot looks bad. It's just less likely for two reads to organically flip compared to 1 but 2 slot changes isnt as coincidental for scum air traffic controlling pressure.
yeah tend to agree. I know it's not like super intuitive to pivot your reads as scum, but Aventurine has been coasting and posting spicy reads, couldn't explain said spicy reads, posted over-explaining uninteresting reads nobody had asked about, proved a lack of conviction in any of the original interesting reads, all while citing real life reasons for not playing the game DESPITE apparently being engaged enough to have fairly convoluted thoughts on fairly straightforward aspects of the game

the fallout from that conversation for me is that Ave doesn't have reads but is fairly happy to be whatever implo & Black pressured Ave to be

I feel bad for this but I just think Ave kind of got pressured past the point Ave expected to get pressured and floundered and that's what we're seeing
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 580, the worst wrote: ooh ok this is a scumpost
Wow look at you mindmelding with ceejayvinoya without even trying!!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:12 am

Post by the worst »

In post 333, implosion wrote: I feel like the baseline opinion that I've come to after many years is that changing opinions is, in most forms, a towntell. I agree that a natural significant opinion change is sort of a priori unlikely, but I think scum deciding to make a post where they abandon their whole-ass worldview and pick a new one is also quite unlikely, and we must be in one of those two universes. I think it's particularly unlikely for scum Aventurine here because I'm not sure what it really gains out of this maneuver, Black was actively scumreading it and I was kind of being coy but I don't think my post sounded exactly thrilled with its play.
This is logically sound but I think as soon as you assume Ave is not trying to achieve a clear objective here it's just a fairly clear read
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:12 am

Post by the worst »

In post 584, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 580, the worst wrote: ooh ok this is a scumpost
Wow look at you mindmelding with ceejayvinoya without even trying!!
ceejay is honestly so great we go SO far back it's wild
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 372, Tsawwassen wrote: There was a lot of yapping!
I don't really dig the kind of yapping from May though... Feels like the empty posting that scum tends to make.

Warming up to an Aventurine townread. Particularly liked where he opted to push for clarity as an outcome of the argument, rather than arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm still townreading implosion, Black and Moros, and I'm willing to stake the game on this read being correct.

For now I'll support any coalition without May or Cutter b. I'll exclude myself if we need to compromise.
May's posts have been consistently focused and game advancing (or funny (or both)), this feels like a personality thing more than a take.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Black »

Hi new people!
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:24 am

Post by tired person »

i have thoughts about the worst, i'm just not sure what those thoughts are.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:25 am

Post by tired person »

i got kinda convinced by her case on aventurine though

HURT: aventurine
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:26 am

Post by the worst »

hi black!

oh no i am convincing,,
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:27 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 587, the worst wrote:
In post 372, Tsawwassen wrote: There was a lot of yapping!
I don't really dig the kind of yapping from May though... Feels like the empty posting that scum tends to make.

Warming up to an Aventurine townread. Particularly liked where he opted to push for clarity as an outcome of the argument, rather than arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm still townreading implosion, Black and Moros, and I'm willing to stake the game on this read being correct.

For now I'll support any coalition without May or Cutter b. I'll exclude myself if we need to compromise.
May's posts have been consistently focused and game advancing (or funny (or both)), this feels like a personality thing more than a take.
May's posts may have been too big brained for me so I thought she was spending more effort dressing her posts than trying to get her points across. You may be right it's a style.

I do agree on the Aventurine read too.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:28 am

Post by the worst »

In post 426, Moros wrote: i thought may was the towniest player at first and i don't think she needed to try to position because she was in a good one. it felt like after she wasn't as townread anymore she started feeling some pressure to perform.
fwiw may has a reputation for a high standard of scum play, and a playstyle that (imo) doesn't tend to crave townreads. I'm actually not sure I consider her particularly performative here. I just kinda think she's funny and cool.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:30 am

Post by the worst »

In post 399, May wrote: I often have a feeling immediately but have to reread my most recent catch-up to coalesce things into a post that has more value than "umlaut is a coconut" or "I like tsawassen more". I write the stuff in the order it's become articulable instead of chronological order.
I think this is a profoundly true post! the way may talks is synthesised and a little poetic because it's the way she decides which comments are worth saying.

its also a meta post so it's not anything alignment indicative just a cool way of framing her brain thoughts imo
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 am

Post by tired person »

In post 274, Aventurine wrote: HURT: ceejayvinoya, for now
hey aventurine care to explain this vote?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 am

Post by tired person »

In post 290, Aventurine wrote:
In post 289, Black wrote:
In post 274, Aventurine wrote: HURT: ceejayvinoya, for now
Can you explain your thought process when you did this
Was thinking about the post that Moros made and I was pretty sure the response was made by ceejayvinoya but I wasn't too sure so I removed them for now
but the reaponse was by ceejay and then you put ceejay back in the coalition. why?
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:37 am

Post by the worst »

the worst
implosion
Moros
May
Black
Tsawwassen (this is a bad read)
tired person
experience
Aventurine

as of right now
May should be higher but I'm so bad at reading May accurately she's such a significant loss vector aaaahhhh

HURT: all
HEAL: implosion, may

everyone else may now begin begging for inclusion
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 am

Post by tired person »

In post 597, the worst wrote: the worst
implosion
Moros
May
Black
Tsawwassen (this is a bad read)
tired person
experience
Aventurine

as of right now
May should be higher but I'm so bad at reading May accurately she's such a significant loss vector aaaahhhh

HURT: all
HEAL: implosion, may

everyone else may now begin begging for inclusion
i don't think you gave any mention to posts i made in your catchup so i'm wondering how you arrived at the read you have of me.
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:43 am

Post by the worst »

In post 477, implosion wrote: I think at this precise point in time I'd be partial to myself, black, may, moros, aventurine.
In post 478, implosion wrote: Both for seeming political viability and generally it feeling pretty solid. It's excluding ceejay, tired person, umlaut, and tsawwassen. I need to muse some on Tsawwassen's recent posting though.
I see why you're attached to the Ave townread but I think swapping Tsawwa in there is pretty sound.

I also think, if mafia, Tsawwa is the vulnerable Mafioso who is most able to just like, slide into a coalition by being smooth and politically viable lol

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”