Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 5.06

KayJayQueue (E-2): Val89, Enchant
Lycanfire (E-2): Random Nurse, Gypyx
Random Nurse (1): Lycanfire

Not Voting (2): Psyche, KayJayQueue

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-05-11 13:49:00).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 4/13 slots remaining!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Psyche »

what is going on...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3546, Lycanfire wrote: So bad it's good can't apply when there's a clear trend.
What clear trend was that?

The impression I got was that by D4; Gypyx, and by extension Thom, was convinced RN and Gera were obvtown, wouldn't be convinced otherwise, and I don't believe with the whole (potentially) remaining scumteam in that position they decided "let's bus another one while the remaining one picks a fight with the conftown-block" provided a better route to victory on the basis it was refuge in audacity over just taking that gift. I recognise they would have to deal with the "Wonder Twins" at some point anyhow before people started asking questions as to why they were still alive, but still.

If you are telling me I've picked up the wrong impression and the tide was potentially turning on a RN-Gera team, whom might have been in some trouble after my slot was flipped instead, then perhaps I can see the value in putting off Kay again to revisit that, but that was a pretty strong feeling I got from my read of D3.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

Val raises a fair point tbh
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

i mean, thom was less convinced than me on town!gera but also was less of a presence

i'd just be kinda baffled by scum!nurse throwing away the potential utility in beliving us and giving our voice more power
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:52 am

Post by Psyche »

is val done yet
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Val89 »

Val has been done since December, shipmate.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Val89 »

More seriously, I've finished my read-through, yes.

I keep meaning to go and revisit and organise my thoughts properly on Kay and keep getting distracted. I still intend to do it, to double check my own work if nothing else, but the game in unlikely to ride on today and I won't hold the game hostage any longer while I try and work up the motivation to do it. I underestimated the work involved in replacing into a 140-odd page game completely cold, and I am sorry for that. Consider my objection to an early day-end in # rescinded - I won't hold it against anybody who has actually been involved and active wanting to move on if that's what they want to, and I still think my vote is best where it is, presently.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:51 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 171, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 170, Titus wrote: Right now, my initial callout is
Snow Naerys
geratim and Dave
Can you expand your reasoning for
Snow
and
Naerys
?
I know the words "refuge in audacity" have been thrown around a lot, but it'll be pretty wild for Titus to have handed us the scumteam like that in an "initial callout". I don't think Kay's immediate response is a great look following the flips either.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

okay! can you be more specific about why kay is scummy
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

My heart stinging.

Did val89 just pocket me.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3552, Val89 wrote:
In post 3546, Lycanfire wrote: So bad it's good can't apply when there's a clear trend.
What clear trend was that?

The impression I got was that by D4; Gypyx, and by extension Thom, was convinced RN and Gera were obvtown, wouldn't be convinced otherwise, and I don't believe with the whole (potentially) remaining scumteam in that position they decided "let's bus another one while the remaining one picks a fight with the conftown-block" provided a better route to victory on the basis it was refuge in audacity over just taking that gift. I recognise they would have to deal with the "Wonder Twins" at some point anyhow before people started asking questions as to why they were still alive, but still.

If you are telling me I've picked up the wrong impression and the tide was potentially turning on a RN-Gera team, whom might have been in some trouble after my slot was flipped instead, then perhaps I can see the value in putting off Kay again to revisit that, but that was a pretty strong feeling I got from my read of D3.
Sorry, in what way did Geraintm and Random Nurse accuse each other day 3? Random Nurse sussed by Geraintm day 2 when Ranger was going down, and accused him of lurking 6 times day 3. There was no conflict.

What do you think of Random Nurse's day 1?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3307, Lycanfire wrote:[... lots of shitty RN posts ...]
In post 1252, Random Nurse wrote: Thoughts on geraintm at the moment?

*sips tea*
I remember thinking Gera was town but I don't really remember why I thought that if I'm being Completely honest, so I should probably reread him.

Yeah you should probably refresh your thoughts on that one.
[/quote]

did this go anywhere
[/quote]

He was so "pissed off" about how hard it was to find scum this game d4 - amazingly ignoring his d2 scumread while limp chainsawing for that same person.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:03 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3307, Lycanfire wrote:[... lots of shitty RN posts ...]
In post 1257, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1255, Thomith wrote:
In post 1252, Random Nurse wrote: Thoughts on geraintm at the moment?

*sips tea*
I remember thinking Gera was town but I don't really remember why I thought that if I'm being Completely honest, so I should probably reread him.

Yeah you should probably refresh your thoughts on that one.
did this go anywhere
He was so "pissed off" about how hard it was to find scum this game d4 - amazingly ignoring his d2 scumread while limp chainsawing for that same person.

Fixed formatting.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3088, Random Nurse wrote: Geraintm, thoughts on joining a Lycan wagon?
In post 3096, Random Nurse wrote: This game kind of pisses me off.

USUALLY I can kind of sense who the Scums are, and I slowly start homing in on them. This go around I'm still not catching any slight signals. Usually there's a trace tell that catches my gut radar, but my gut just isn't catching anything. Still wouldn't surprise me if Thomith/Gypyx were Mafia Neighbors like Ranger, but no one wants to pull on that thread. Excluding those two I can't really sense who the Scum are, so they're playing much better than the usual Scum I've caught.
how does he ignore his d2 read so easily?

pretty reminiscent of geraintm's tell
In post 3060, Lycanfire wrote: Thoughts on the frustration of having no night actions? I never once felt this way.
In post 3072, Lycanfire wrote: Do you feel like, "feeling infuriated by the lack of night actions" is a real emotion a townie could have here, or is this fake?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1328, Random Nurse wrote: I have the sneaking suspicion that should Ranger flip Town I'll be the convenient scapegoat.
Again, never pushed Ranger.

Reminiscent of this tell by geraintm
In post 3060, Lycanfire wrote:Dissonance between admitting not having reads and claiming they want to draw a night kill is present. Why would anyone kill a slot that had a poe of more than half the players left. You'll live, and I don't think its from a lack of conviction.
These emotions are FAKE.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 2675, geraintm wrote:i think Oblivion and Lycan look worse, Random Nurse looks fine, Psyche not as bad. But i think the odds of hitting scum among those 2 (+1) are pretty good and i'll write more on Oblivion and Lycan tomorrow and see what has occured in case either of them has done stuff that i should have remembered that was especially townie.
In post 2683, Lycanfire wrote: Why is random nurse fine
In post 2787, geraintm wrote:to me, their push on ranger on day 2 just doesn't feel like something scum would do. if they are scum, then this is the sort of thing that beats me in a game and i hold my hands up to it.
WHAT PUSH ON RANGER?
In post 2904, Lycanfire wrote:Hey can you show me what push they made? I'm having trouble finding it.
In post 2905, Lycanfire wrote: Yes this is why I've done literally nothing for a day out of the chance random nurse came in and called bullshit on their own.
In post 2906, Lycanfire wrote: My votes on Enchant in spirit until they show they're reading the game

VOTE: geraintm
In post 2909, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 2905, Lycanfire wrote: Yes this is why I've done literally nothing for a day out of the chance random nurse came in and called bullshit on their own.

Call bullshit on whom? You?
Why couldn't he agree with me? Self conscious scum wants to manipulate us into thinking he had a push onto Ranger. Just look at today. Just look at the yellow votes BRO. I was on Ranger BRO. I executed scum BRO.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3293, Random Nurse wrote: Triangulating Ranger and Geraintm should help narrow down the (hopefully) last Scum.
It's been 6 meatworld days since this post and we've only had meta shitposts from him.

This is coasting
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

*sigh*

*adds a log to Lycan bonfire*
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3526, KayJayQueue wrote: Hmm. I’m trying to decide which one is town from these votes. I get Enchant’s vote because it’s exactly what I did last vote. I’m not sure about Val but I often find it counterproductive for rep-ins to read the last few pages of a game, decide they think someone is scum, vote them, and then read the game from the beginning with the outlook that someone is scum already and trying to validate that vote/read instead of just starting from the beginning and developing reads as the game progresses. But I could be wrong and that method might be successful sometimes but since the read is on me and it’s wrong, I don’t like it here.

I still think it could be either. I don’t know if I’m convinced about RN since I’m kind of used to his gameplay as town vs scum. This doesn’t feel like him as scum, I’d be really surprised if it was. He’s being much more vocal than in the games he was scum.
Thoughts on Random Nurse d1?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 3561, Lycanfire wrote: Sorry, in what way did Geraintm and Random Nurse accuse each other day 3?

My fault, I meant to say D4. My point was that scum!RN must have bussed Gera - you described it as a "gloat fest" - and you pushed back at that by saying it doesn't work "if there was a clear trend". I took that to mean you were implying tide was turning against a RN-Gera team anyway. Have I mis-understood?

In post 3561, Lycanfire wrote: What do you think of Random Nurse's day 1?

The only opinion I remember forming on that was I did not like the attitude that anyone whom dare questioned him seemed to cop - I've seen players play like that before, and while I saw him later describe it as a tool for scumhunting I've always figured it works more as a shield than a sword. I really don't like it, but I have since decided that is more a me problem rather than being AI on RNs part. I am in the process of writing up my issues with Kay, but if you think there is something worth exploring there, I might get around to it. Some clue as to what I am looking for might be helpful at this point though, since I didn't see anything particularly AI on the first go around.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hey Random Nurse, who's scum?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Enchant »

I think we are stuck.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by Enchant »

I mean even if i and Val vote RM, everyone else just shrug and police me out. They kinda outnumber us.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by Enchant »

But we can't get wagon on Jay either.
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”