open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am

Post by the worst »

In post 744, May wrote:
In post 724, implosion wrote:
In post 711, May wrote: maybe this is paranoid but I feel like implosion is finding too much comfort zone in a vanity town read on umlautslot.
At a certain point it's more organic to be relieved that maybe you got more info about something that was maybe a mistake on a low volume positive content slot (this is kind of how I feel about cutter B becomes tired person).
A mafia!implosion knows that the side project has become classified as an earnest thing and all focus becomes good focus
I don't really see how I've gotten "maybe more info" about anything. I've gotten no info on that slot since I declared it hard town on like page four because I don't really consider lurking to be alignment-indicative. I consider it to be an annoying information vacuum. Most games I play, I play through PoE, and it's pretty normal for me to get annoyed at slots that I feel aren't doing anything to allow me to possibly take them out of the PoE. The fact that I hard townread the slot earlier is just icing on that.

I have more to say on the game and stuff but in a meeting atm
It's written in past tense because it's hypotheticals and the verb tense for a hypothetical doesn't matter. I thought the parallelization to tired person's rep-in would make that easier to parse

You made a post specifically hoping that in the future, Umlaut's replacement comes in and posts in a townish way. I would expect you to equally hope the new player open wolfs if you're town.
Do you see how at least on the surface this would look like a lack of curiosity to me? Like yes it's null but it's not "gee I wonder why he dropped of the earth was I right?" it's " gee I hope I get some stuff I can use to maintain my platform of my hard umlaut townread [so I can look like I'm doing things again]"
I think that's kind of harder to post as scum than as town (though superficially) by implosion. I think having a stubborn overly strong read and wanting that to be validated is like, fairly human.

This is a small part of the fraying which makes me think implosion is town btw
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 am

Post by the worst »

My outcome from this conversation is that I'd remove May before I remove implosion

This feels like a very uncomfortable nitpick which ignores a lot more alignment indicators by implosion and I can understand discussing it as a pet peeve but it seems like a very flawed reason to remove him from the coalition
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 am

Post by the worst »

in order:
I want implo
I want tsawwa
I want tired
I want Moros

I'm comfortable with Black and May

I won't accept either experience or Aventurine

I'll accept myself w the first 4 because I think that's highly likely to win the game, I'll need to be persuaded to include myself with a mix of those 4 & the other 2 but I'm not closed to it

This is just kinda where my read confidence is at
I will throw a tantrum over implosion
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 am

Post by the worst »

my idea of a tantrum is saying "please" with lots of e's at the end so just brace urselves for that
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:34 am

Post by May »

"
I really want to hear from experience because I still want that slot to be viably a coalition member. "

How is this "mostly joking"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 am

Post by the worst »

See y'all in an hour and a bit
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:44 am

Post by May »

Maybe I would feel more like you if I had just done thread catch-up through all of Implosion's day1
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am

Post by implosion »

In post 748, May wrote: The point is that you should be equally interested in positive and negative info about the slot
Did you genuinely misunderstand that the open wolf hyperbole was shorthand/rhetorical device
I was very hungry when i wrote that post and having a lot of trouble parsing anything (i have now eaten)

I don't know if I would have understood it as hyperbole even if not for that though. But regardless. I think this is just like, untrue about the human psyche lol. I wanted to be right, I invested emotionally somewhat in my umlaut townread early on and i wanted to be right. Of course I'd be interested in negative info if it showed up but I
wanted
positive info to show up
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 am

Post by implosion »

In post 754, May wrote: "
I really want to hear from experience because I still want that slot to be viably a coalition member. "

How is this "mostly joking"

it wasn't, that was referring to which is what i thought you were referring to, i forgot i made the post you're quoting here
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:55 am

Post by implosion »

Like, do you think that there has been active negative information about umlaut/experience since early game? maybe that's the misunderstanding because i still don't really think there has been other than lurking/inactivity which i view as sufficient for me to relent that yeah we're not putting that slot on the coalition, but i don't see it as like, so significantly >rand scum that i would overwrite my earlier read
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:59 am

Post by implosion »

In post 73, Aventurine wrote: Going to take a gamble and say that Umlaut is likely to be town.
I don't really think this post is very common from an aventurine+umlaut team. (Yes i know people are saying they don't think this is actually specifically the scumteam, and also i agree we shouldn't primarily be thinking about this in terms of teams, but)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am

Post by implosion »

In post 205, Aventurine wrote:
In post 203, Black wrote:
In post 202, Aventurine wrote: HEAL: Aventurine, ceejayvinoya, Cutter B, May, Tsawwassen
Can you explain your choices
It's less about who I'm including, but rather who I'm excluding.
Also just realized for the first time that this came after Aventurine made that comment about thinking Umlaut is town, which, uhhhhh..... is i guess just straightforwardly scummy? I get that the list was supposedly coming from a place of excluding people but I don't really see why you'd fail to include the singular person you had explicitly townread. I guess it's later explained that Aventurine implies it didn't like Umlaut's posting on page 6 which is between these two things but gosh if Aventurine could be transparent about any thought process at any point in this game it'd really go a long way lol
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:04 am

Post by implosion »

(This is not to say I want Aventurine on coalition, I just had a brief desire to skim its ISO and see if there was anything there about like, obvious team tells, since I still don't particularly think experience is scum (could be but etc) and worst's list made me go hm i should think a little about what coalitions explicitly exclude some viable teams or something)
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 am

Post by tired person »

In post 749, the worst wrote: including myself increases odds of a successful coalition fmpov significantly
In post 749, the worst wrote: implosion >>> myself > black
and u don't see that these are at odds? like seriously i feel like u and i are just speaking a different language or somthing. or mayb from a different planet. if u want to increase the odds of succeeding why aren't u healing urself?
In post 749, the worst wrote: increasing the urgency of sorting black feels stressful if that's a failing coalition
okay i understand this viewpoint tho somewhat begrudgingly.
In post 749, the worst wrote: ur saying u don't understand my point then restating my point in ur own words which further PROVES my POINT AAAHHH
no girl i was saying that i don't understand how u can sya i'm both charismatic and anti charismatic. i did understand what anti charismatic means on its own.

unrelated but i think may has just reached a brand new level of town for me based on her posting last page and i definitely agree with what she's saying about implosion and that's the main point of my scumread on him pretty much. the lack of curiosity, that is.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am

Post by tired person »

In post 88, implosion wrote:
In post 66, Umlaut wrote: Meh, mech talk. I nommed myself because I'm town and I want to nom people who are town.
In post 26, Tsawwassen wrote: I won't nominate people who nominate themselves
Weird. (Looks like you backed out of this quickly though)
In post 28, Moros wrote: i will nominate a person if and only if the person doesn't nominate themself
Okay, Bertrand.
In post 67, Umlaut wrote: Actually

HEAL: Tsawwassen

It's a bit moon-logicky but I find the immediate about-face towny.
In post 68, Umlaut wrote:
@Tsawwassen
, do you have previous Mafia experience?
I'm a little bit tempted to significantly townread this sequence. The fact that there's 3 posts and the spacing of their timing I think points to town who saw something weird, then realized they felt it was not scummy, and then thought a bit more on it and realized that it might depend on previous experience level. I think it's a bit less likely to come from scum since Umlaut would have to manually decide to take both the step to make the second post, and the step to make the third post. Maybe way over-reading into things but curious if anyone sees what I'm seeing.
acutally it's true that this is a very strong reason to townread umlaut i guess.

HURT: the worst HEAL: experience
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 am

Post by tired person »

furthermore i'm pretty sure that if implosion is scum then they are spewing umlaut town anyhow.
In post 762, implosion wrote: This is not to say I want Aventurine on coalition
who
do
u want on the coalition?
I'm tired.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 am

Post by experience »

In post 697, May wrote: Hot take it is a mistake to try to guess the exact team at this point
agreed.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:27 am

Post by experience »

HEAL: may, implo, ducky
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:59 am

Post by May »

HURT: the worst
HEAL: experience
I dig it
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:04 am

Post by implosion »

I hate all of you
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:04 am

Post by May »

I dunno if my characterization of tired person repping into a difficult scum slot and picking up the sniper rifle and hiding in a corner of the map but refusing to self-heal fits the later trajectory they've had
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:05 am

Post by May »

HURT: Moros
HEAL: tired person
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:12 am

Post by implosion »

In post 765, tired person wrote: furthermore i'm pretty sure that if implosion is scum then they are spewing umlaut town anyhow.
In post 762, implosion wrote: This is not to say I want Aventurine on coalition
who
do
u want on the coalition?
I've kind of been waiting to get asked this because i realize i haven't said a concrete answer to this in a long time, i've like, almost typed up part of an answer a couple of times but i feel pretty blah about the coalition right now. I wanted to say me/moros/black/may + 1 but reading duck's reads list made me feel weird about that for some reason which is why i launched in to the brief tangent of thinking about aventurine's theoretical scumbuddy.

It might still be that though.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Aventurine »

I don't have time to read. I'm okay if I'm not in coalition, I trust your (plural) judgement.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 11:15 am

Post by Black »

I like tired person here