Mini 715: Legends of Literature Mafia (Over)

CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Vote: roflcopter
Any reason why?
Yes
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
I think I know what you mean CC.
But no, you're almost definitely wrong.
vaquero
vaquero
Townie
vaquero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by vaquero »

I'm not scum - I only have one vote at this point so I won't roleclaim yet (that would make it easier on the mafia) but I will if pressed. For now all I can really say is I'm not scum, I wasn't lying about my reasons for trying to slow the Sly wagon. Note I said 'slow'. I just didn't want him to go down without a chance to explain himself. I also think that if you look back at my posts, my vote for Sly hardly came out of nowhere. I gradually became more suspicious of him as the game went on. And I know that could be interpreted as busing, but I don't know what to tell you other than it wasn't.

That said, I think Caboose is right on the money about CC. And if we accept for a second that CC is scum, I think we should be wary of his comments about RBT.
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
This, to me, looks like CC is tying himself to RBT so that if we kill CC or accept that he's scum, we think RBT is scum. This seems particularly likely since he hasn't given any reasons for his defense of RBT, so as to appear scummy. If he and RBt were actually scumpartners though, he would earnestly be trying to defend him, rather than throwing up a weak one-line argument. The fact that he defended RBT in such a transparent way tells me that he's trying to connect himself to RBT in the way that he was connected to Sly, so that we possibly kill the wrong person.

Now, before that gets taken out of context, I'm not saying RBT is innocent. I'm saying there's a chance he's not, and we need to ask ourselves if all of the pieces fit. This is what I was doing with Sly; this is the way I play mafia. The more ideas that are shared by players, the more time people have to defend themselves, the better it is for townies.

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
vaquero
vaquero
Townie
vaquero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by vaquero »

EBWOP

My apologies on that last post - didn't mean to post the quote twice.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by roflcopter »

vaquero and scum are both scum lets finish this
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Tenchi »

roflcopter wrote:don't buy the claim, tracking ice makes no sense
I want to ask Roflcopter: What makes you think so?

Next:

vaquero wrote:This, to me, looks like CC is tying himself to RBT so that if we kill CC or accept that he's scum, we think RBT is scum.
I think that's stupid. Why would "scum CC" associate with the most suspicious person in the game?
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ice is obvtown thats why tracking him makes no sense
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Riceballtail wrote:No, tracker.

Sly N0, didn't leave his house.
Ice N1, no result (probably RB'd)
Question RBT: Somebody died N0. Why did Sly didn't leave the house? Does this mean that scum needs to specify a person to do the kill (I haven't heard of this one before) or does this imply a third-party killed him?
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Usually the scum have to select an individual to perform the kill, so a tracker result does not, necessairly, confirm or deny someone's innocence. It merely says if they have a night action, and who they targetted.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Vote Count

Riceballtail (2): icemanE, roflcopter
vaquero (1): Caboose
roflcopter (1): CarnCarn

Not Voting (6)
Tenchi
vaquero
Riceballtail
GhostWriter
neko2086
Mada
Jazzmyn

6 to get a lynch.

Jazzmyn is replacing Mada, and Ghostwriter has responded to his prod and will continue playing
You used to be alright
What happened?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Caboose »

Tenchi wrote:I think that's stupid. Why would "scum CC" associate with the most suspicious person in the game?
Oh no. Here comes the WIFOM.

I see rofl's point about RBT and I have another issue with the claim. Farside was a miller, implying the existance of a cop. There's a cop
and
a tracker in a 12 player game? I find that a little hard to swallow. Also, assuming that RBT is telling the truth, I think he (am I using the correct pronoun?) was roleblocked by a town RB.

I think I'm beginning to figure out CC, and I think he's scum.
vaquero wrote:This, to me, looks like CC is tying himself to RBT so that if we kill CC or accept that he's scum, we think RBT is scum. This seems particularly likely since he hasn't given any reasons for his defense of RBT, so as to appear scummy.
Nope, not it. CC is trying to act very power-rolish to try to bring down rofl. But really, it's classic mafia trying to bring down someone who can't be nightkilled. He's not necessarily tying himself to RBT.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:31 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah thats a good point too. cop + town doctor or rb (something prevented that kill), i think a tracker on top of that would be terribly unbalanced
soi soi soi

CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by CarnCarn »

I will shortly compile the list of reasons why rofl is scum. SlySly's death miller claim should not be dismissed so easily.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:I will shortly compile the list of reasons why rofl is scum. SlySly's death miller claim should not be dismissed so easily.
Do what?
So we have a death miller and a miller in the same game?

That's complete bullcrap.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Caboose wrote:So we have a death miller and a miller in the same game?
Sure, why not? It's possible. Shere Khan is pretty much a textbook villan in Jungle Book, but Comrade Napoleon (from Animal Farm?) doesn't make much sense as a miller. In fact, he's kind of a real villan himself in the actual book, towards the end.
Also, this is kind of WIFOMy, but why the hell would scum claim death miller when it is such a rare role, when there is already a miller dead, and when there are better roles that they can "out" if they feel they are going to be lynched?
In addition, SlySly had no one defending him at all D1 for his case on Caboose, which suggest to me that he was really town who got lynched too easily. RBT and vaquero offered the most "defense" in that they suggested Sly was getting too much attention early in the game, but they then placed the L-1 and hammer votes on SS too quickly for it to have been scum bussing by them.

roflcopter:
roflcopter in 20 wrote:should we perhaps claim our novels? it can only serve to limit future fakeclaims from scum, which is a good thing imo
Only? And it does no such thing since, as all of our novels are "Legends of Literature", we can have any number of possible character-fakeclaims. Then, when I suggest a possible drawback to his scummy plan, he attacks me for doing so, and asserts that I am scum for thinking so:
roflcopter in 25 wrote:
carncarn wrote:Scum could be looking for character(s) from certain books, etc.
unvote, vote: carncarn

that implies some sort of inside knowledge about scum mechanics
The reasoning has no basis, and the motive for this post is to turn his scummy play of suggesting mass book-claim into a manipulated, twisted attack on the person who pointed out why the plan is bad.
roflcopter, to icemanE, in 100 wrote:from where i'm sitting, the vaquero case gets a lot stronger once slysly is dead scum, and moving your vote derailed all momentum on the slysly wagon,
effectively stalling the game, which is exactly what vaquero wanted anyway, so you're playing right into his hands.
Emphasized. Once again, we have pretty blatant misrep here to make another player look scummy; not unlike how he misportrays my comments re: bookclaiming.
Caboose wrote:
vaquero
vaquero

Tried to stop the scumSly wagon early. Stalling defense. Late jump onto scumSly wagon. Very scummy.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail

Also tried to stop the scumSly wagon, stalling defense. Another late jump onto scumSly wagon.

My biggest suspicion falls on RBT from this list for trying to kill a scumwagon's momentum and late vote jump onto scumSly.

Vote: Riceballtail
roflcopter wrote:looks like caboose has this one on lockdown

vote: riceballtail
I really don't like this vote, especially because Caboose's "case" was the same against both vaq and RBT, and rofl, from post 100 quoted above, suggested that the vaquero case would make more sense when Sly flipped scum. So, why is voting RBT now on basically nothing but Caboose's equivalent case against RBT and vaquero? Seems like scum hoping/having planned out a wagon for today, and person was RBT.

I also don't like icemanE's vote, which is pretty similar. I also think he is pretty scummy based on some of his voting patterns D1. I'll explain his case separately when I have more time.
roflcopter in 170 wrote:don't buy the claim, tracking ice makes no sense
Wait, why?
roflcopter in 181 wrote:ice is obvtown thats why tracking him makes no sense
Wait, how?
roflcopter in 171 wrote:my theory is that you claim to have a negative track result on sly to try and explain away your scummy behavior regarding him yesterday and you claim to have been rbed last night because you probably were, thus why there was no kill
This makes no sense and is probably fabricated just to make RBT's night actions look more scummy. Why is a negative track result on Sly something that scum would make up? And why would it explain away their "scummy behavior"? Why would scum claim to have been RB'd last night, since, for their claim to work (i.e., convince people they are town), that would require at least one roleblocker to be in the setup (i.e., if there is no roleblocker in the setup, that scum gets lynched in endgame/after massclaim anyway)?
roflcopter, to Caboose, in 186 wrote:yeah thats a good point too. cop + town doctor or rb (something prevented that kill), i think a tracker on top of that would be terribly unbalanced
Why do you think there would be a cop, doc, protown RB in this game? There are lots of other reasons why the kill might not have gone through. Plus, it's quite possible mafia have powers to balance things out, too (mafia RB, doc, GF, etc.), even if those protown roles were in the game. Plus, with mini-themes, I don't think lots of power roles necessarily means the game is unbalanced anyway.
roflcopter is trying too hard to discredit the Tracker claim, which is really scummy.

Overall, at this point, I'm pretty sure roflcopter is the most likely to be scum and is thus the best lynch today.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Caboose »

CC wrote:Sure, why not? It's possible.
Death Miller and Miller in the same game? I will assume that DH is a competant mod.
CC wrote:Shere Khan is pretty much a textbook villan in Jungle Book, but Comrade Napoleon (from Animal Farm?) doesn't make much sense as a miller. In fact, he's kind of a real villan himself in the actual book, towards the end.
What's your point? We know Farside was a miller, sense or no sense.
CC wrote:In addition, SlySly had no one defending him at all D1 for his case on Caboose, which suggest to me that he was really town who got lynched too easily. RBT and vaquero offered the most "defense" in that they suggested Sly was getting too much attention early in the game, but they then placed the L-1 and hammer votes on SS too quickly for it to have been scum bussing by them.
So scum have to have their scumbuddy defending them to be scum? Come on.

And I don't get your late bandwagon vote thing, either. Are you saying that it couldn't have been bussing because it was so quick? In fact, I think that the scumbuddies would want the day to end quickly to curtail discussion. Give me a break, that's just a load of craplogic.
CC wrote:Only? And it does no such thing since, as all of our novels are "Legends of Literature", we can have any number of possible character-fakeclaims. Then, when I suggest a possible drawback to his scummy plan, he attacks me for doing so, and asserts that I am scum for thinking so:
It wasn't a scummy suggestion. It was bad. It wasn't scummy.
CC wrote:Emphasized. Once again, we have pretty blatant misrep here to make another player look scummy; not unlike how he misportrays my comments re: bookclaiming.
No misrep exists. vaquero
was
trying to stall a scumSly lynch. Stop trying to invent misrep.
CC wrote:I really don't like this vote, especially because Caboose's "case" was the same against both vaq and RBT, and rofl, from post 100 quoted above, suggested that the vaquero case would make more sense when Sly flipped scum. So, why is voting RBT now on basically nothing but Caboose's equivalent case against RBT and vaquero? Seems like scum hoping/having planned out a wagon for today, and person was RBT.

I also don't like icemanE's vote, which is pretty similar. I also think he is pretty scummy based on some of his voting patterns D1. I'll explain his case separately when I have more time.
:?
So it's not possible that rofl just thought both of them to be scummy?
CC wrote:This makes no sense and is probably fabricated just to make RBT's night actions look more scummy. Why is a negative track result on Sly something that scum would make up?
If you read the post, you would know why the negative result of Sly is something that scum would make up.
Scumbuddy defends scum that gets lynched
Scumbuddy then claims negative result N0 on scumbuddy in order to explain away D1 behavior

Make sense?
CC wrote:And why would it explain away their "scummy behavior"? Why would scum claim to have been RB'd last night, since, for their claim to work (i.e., convince people they are town), that would require at least one roleblocker to be in the setup (i.e., if there is no roleblocker in the setup, that scum gets lynched in endgame/after massclaim anyway)?
*facepalm*
Why would a scum roleblocker claim in the endgame?

This load of horse hockey is just too much for me. I can't believe that you're actually trying to make an argument that a miller and death miller exist in the same game AND I can't believe that you're calling rofl down on non-scumtells. There are a lot of holes in your arguments. Compound the fact that you were chainsaw defended by scumSly and you lurked most of this game and we have scum.

Still think that vaquero is guilty, but

Unvote
Vote: CarnCarn
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Why are you answering for rofl?
FoS: Caboose

I'll respond to your points later.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:Why are you answering for rofl?

Were you addressing rofl? I thought you were just laying out your crappy case for all to see and comment on. The FoS also reeks of OMGUS.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Caboose wrote:

Were you addressing rofl? I thought you were just laying out your crappy case for all to see and comment on. The FoS also reeks of OMGUS.
Yes, no, and not really because the connection between you and rofl is pretty clear from as early as page 2 for anyone who's paid even the slightest attention to this game.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
Also, please explain what you thought I meant.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:

Yes, no, and not really because the connection between you and rofl is pretty clear from as early as page 2 for anyone who's paid even the slightest attention to this game.
I tend to defend people who are crap attacked.

And are you seriously trying to make a case that I'm scum and the Sly is a death miller?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
I'd actually like for that to be answered. You just kind of threw that out there, hinting at something, and then didn't explain what you thought you knew Carn meant. I'd like to hear what it is and how it is definitely wrong.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by roflcopter »

GhostWriter wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
I'd actually like for that to be answered. You just kind of threw that out there, hinting at something, and then didn't explain what you thought you knew Carn meant. I'd like to hear what it is and how it is definitely wrong.
hint: stop fishing
soi soi soi

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hello, all.

As Der Hammer mentioned above, I am replacing Mada. I will read the thread and catch up as soon as possible, hopefully by tomorrow night, but Tuesday at latest.

Regards,
Jazz
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Caboose »

GhostWriter wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes
Stop fishing. Wake up and see the fact that CC is obvscum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”