open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by May »

In post 1143, Moros wrote:
In post 1136, May wrote: It is admittedly "hard to post analytical content" about Moros when it played normally d0 and is at the keyboard afk this phase
It'd be a better lim than tired person since it's possible for scum to be comfortable with the weird day zero game mode but get uncomfortable needing to fake scumreads
i don't like this because it is taking a general principle and trying to pigeonhole it into a place where it doesn't belong. i had scumreads on d0, so i don't think it makes any sense for May to believe that i would be uncomfortable faking them.
What should I believe about you being silent? I don't think your day 1 play in general makes you seem like someone who would scumfreeze even if you're scum but I have to round down when I'm interpreting opaque behavior that could be deliberately opaque
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:57 pm

Post by May »

"this only makes sense if it's about black" is accurate, I think you're treating black like scum would treat a thread spewed townie that can't have credibility and agency because one of her favorite two flips this phase hits scum. So you're complaining that most of the day's content is a wacky Mayplosion theory you know is wrong. When really it's a fine jumping off point to other stuff, and has been, and as town I think you would only be complaining about people being literally not here
This is like one of the most analytically heavy games I've ever played so a complaint that open 914 isn't very analytical makes me think someone counts a lot of stuff floated in the game as not analytical because they're informed it's wrong
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

Sorry if I haven't really contributed lately!

I'm bored and I want a flip too. It's good that new replacements have injected some life into the game, but I'm suffering from attrition from how long this phase has gone on. If you're expecting super analytical stuff from me you should lower your expectations lol

I'm probably not going to vote Black or May here. If I'm wrong on these two I'm carrying them to my grave. My read on tired person hasn't changed. But I'm not super impressed by Moros' recent posting to the point where I'd consider going there. I've been mulling over on implosion; I feel the emotions behind his posts but it's been inconclusive so far.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1146, Moros wrote: i think DArby is my favorite replacement catchup by far. they feel like they have the goal of solving the game and getting their own reads across, and not anything more. it's efficient and straightforward. i think it feels very town-motivated.
I don't really agree with this., though there could be some bias here because I was scumreading his pred and I disagree with his read on ceejay/worst, but I don't like how he arrived at his reads. Most of his reads are half-baked. He tries to justify them but the justification is shallow at best. His read on the worst is based off discrediting a single readlist while ignoring everything else. His read on May and Moros share the same template of "mech busy talk". His implosion townread is based off a single post from implosion talking about his meta, etc etc...

He has Moros in his scumread but chooses to vote May when there was a wagon on Moros already. This attempt to shift the focus on the lim makes me think we were on the right track actually
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:31 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 1153, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 1146, Moros wrote: i think DArby is my favorite replacement catchup by far. they feel like they have the goal of solving the game and getting their own reads across, and not anything more. it's efficient and straightforward. i think it feels very town-motivated.
I don't really agree with this., though there could be some bias here because I was scumreading his pred and I disagree with his read on ceejay/worst, but I don't like how he arrived at his reads. Most of his reads are half-baked. He tries to justify them but the justification is shallow at best. His read on the worst is based off discrediting a single readlist while ignoring everything else. His read on May and Moros share the same template of "mech busy talk". His implosion townread is based off a single post from implosion talking about his meta, etc etc...

He has Moros in his scumread but chooses to vote May when there was a wagon on Moros already. This attempt to shift the focus on the lim makes me think we were on the right track actually
I caught up on over 1,000 posts with no flips in the span of a night after not playing this form of mafia in almost 3 years, excuse me if my justifications seem half baked.

Also odd take that I stated moros is an interesting target but I wanted to go with my strongest scum read to see where that goes. Why should I just follow what everyone else is doing when I stated my strongest reads? Wouldn’t that just be sheeping the votes and not look town indicative either? I have a feeling that regardless of voting for Moros or May it would look scummy to you.

Also also, I did say 3 times in my last post these were quick thoughts I’d get back to later. I really hope you’re not discrediting me for not having full analysis while also saying to not expect it from you in the span of 2 posts.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:32 pm

Post by DArby »

Also please read that in a light sassy tone. I rarely try to come across as intentionally bitchy.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by May »

Implosions anger is phrased "I am angry right now fyi" which isn't very like, palpable

But if I think about it I think scum! Implosion wouldn't be an expert at saying that at the right time, at a time that makes sense for town!implosion.

In the generic I think someone can pull it off but I think maybe it's just not what he in particular would do as scum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Moros

The paranoia is that it's exactly the point but like .. for a lot of players it would be but it's not the side of the chessboard I've seen Implosion go after with a scum rand

I'm mulling over it too
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by DArby »

If it counts for anything I read implo as more of a passive aggressive type so plainly stating frustration like that feels natural coming from that angle imo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by the worst »

UNVOTE: someone tell me whose vote on Moros is goofier
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: implosion
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:57 pm

Post by the worst »

request in 1158 is still open
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Post by experience »

today's been super busy.
just finished reading up.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Post by the worst »

hi what's up
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:03 pm

Post by experience »

In post 1162, the worst wrote: hi what's up
hi!!!
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by experience »

on a more serious note, i have finished reading implo's isos in the previous games
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by the worst »

and?
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by experience »

and it turned out to achieve nothing except that implo is really good at scum, both off and on the coalition.
and he would definitely bus his partners if he's on the coalition with them.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by experience »

i mean partner of course not partners
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by the worst »

that's fair, i probably agree

where are your thoughts at around the rest of the game?
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:20 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1154, DArby wrote: Also also, I did say 3 times in my last post these were quick thoughts I’d get back to later. I really hope you’re not discrediting me for not having full analysis while also saying to not expect it from you in the span of 2 posts.
The difference lies in not justifying your reads at all vs justifying your reads with shaky reasoning. You can get a sense of what I mean by if you compared tired person's ISO with yours.

Not that I think pursuing a vanity wagon is inherently scummy, but in this specific instance it reads agenda-pushy because it aims to deflect pressure off implosion/Moros, especially when the reasoning given is not strong enough to warrant it yet.

I want to say this pushback is pretty towny though! Certainly warrants a re-evaluation on your slot
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:22 pm

Post by the worst »

tsawwa darby expy take my hands (i have three hands), let's solve the coalition together
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1170, the worst wrote: tsawwa darby expy take my hands (i have three hands), let's solve the coalition together
What happened to your Moros read?
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by May »

In post 1158, the worst wrote: UNVOTE: someone tell me whose vote on Moros is goofier
Not tsawassen's

I think Tsawassen is becoming my second favorite slot in the game
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by the worst »

i literally do not value any of my reads rn
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by May »

I think that means I have to say implosion if I don't want to do offstage Kirby downB stuff. Is anyone else voting Moros?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”