Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Vi »

Confirming in-thread, now that I can.

It's almost five o'clock EST. It's Miller Time.
Vote: Vi

Vi's a Serial Killer.

...or at least, that's what Natirasha and a passive part of my role would have you believe.
Unvote: Vi

I received a piece of info in my Role PM, but I don't think it would be good to divulge it right now.

-----

Serum and Steel's metal/flesh mechanic went something like this--

Metal players cannot be killed by lynches, night-kills, vigs, or anything else (unless that "anything else" ignores this sentence altogether... um, anyway). Metal players can undergo some process (voted by a majority to be mycosynthed, in that game) to become flesh and thus confirmably vulnerable. Attempting to lynch a metal player would result in No Lynch.

-----

Natirasha loses several untold thousands of originality points for the mod posts so far.

-----

I'm curious, since nobody's votes are going through.
Vote: MafiaSSK
for purposes of experimentation.
Actually, I'm just a worse mod a doing vote counts than Tar. And that's saying something.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Vi »

I see that edit to the vote count. 'Looks like the experiment wasn't necessary.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Illumina 30 wrote:There's a reason the FoS's are listed, and I want to figure out what it is.
Most often, that reason is "to complicate your life". I think only two of Tarhalindur's roles used them, out of the however-many games he's done.

Personally, I don't use FoS, so it seems kinda useless to me.
Natirasha 29 wrote:Ditto is a horny bastard
No.

Natirasha 29 wrote:"Imitation is the
sincerest
form of flattery."
Fixed.
BTW, I'm a perfectionist at heart :P

-----

hp, what gave you the punisher role idea in post 8?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Tarhalindur 32 wrote:In other news, there is no evidence of the Ozmodiar mechanic from Mind Screw 1.
With all due respect,
thank Mod for that.

FoS: lol I'm arguing with myself

(I'm not selling out my values, I'm only temporarily bartering them for comedy's sake)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Kinetic, what is your motive for an origin claim? I see Tarhalindur has provided one, but you're not him so yeah.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Vi »

tbqh, and if you'll excuse my pessimism, I think most of the mind screwing ITT is coming from Natirasha deliberately getting you to overreact.
I will concede it's entertaining, though...

I thought you were going to ask for an origin claim, though?

@people who have modded a game like this before: How often do you give anti-Town (specifically, Mafia) roles "extra information"?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Vi »

Mod Watch says the flavor is improving :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Vi »

I got the same note.

But I recall that Tarhalindur claimed different information, specifically regarding the modlynch. Is there any more you'd like to say about that, Tarhalindur?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 79 wrote:"Is that a mod hint that Death Note works differently?"
Preying on role names, not abilities...

I wonder if hp knows what he said?~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Vi »

hp [leaves] 82 wrote:When/how did I claim scum?
You didn't get the note, right?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

@Kinetic: What do you think of the people who have already jumped to hp, namely Tarhalindur and veerus? (Assuming Tarhalindur unvoted, which is why he's not presently voting for hp.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #82 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Vi »

tajo, just checking, you ARE playing in Mind Screw 3, right?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Vi »

tajo 92 wrote:Also, I dont think HP is scum. HP would have to be the dumbest player ever to have posted that as scum. Scum would usually join the trend.
I do think that scum didnt get the list or that prob scum knows there is a list but no more.
WIFOM layers, I know, but I like to think in the most probable situation.
So... you're calling WIFOM on yourself to mask a contradiction in your own logic.
Riiiiight.

tajo 92 wrote:Also, anybody wants to join me in a plan that could find at least one scum? What could happen when the majority of town players have the same piece of information? Could we confirm each other asking some kind of questions about the ability an such?. This isnt jackassery, right? (Im assuming scum doesnt have the same ability we (as town) have)
tajo 91 wrote:Im still hitting my head with the desk. If someone had vital information for the town that scum shouldnt have known, then you dont freaking share it in the thread.
I might add myself to the "I have received the same information that G-Man is not town-alligned" list.
So... you're playing the townie card to mask a contradiction in your own logic.
Riiiiight.

I think I've found something sketchy.
Unvote: MafiaSSK
Vote: populartajo
(L-6)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Vi »

populartajo 95 wrote:
Vi wrote:
tajo 92 wrote:Also, I dont think HP is scum. HP would have to be the dumbest player ever to have posted that as scum. Scum would usually join the trend.
I do think that scum didnt get the list or that prob scum knows there is a list but no more.
WIFOM layers, I know, but I like to think in the most probable situation.
So... you're calling WIFOM on yourself to mask a contradiction in your own logic.
Riiiiight.

tajo 92 wrote:Also, anybody wants to join me in a plan that could find at least one scum? What could happen when the majority of town players have the same piece of information? Could we confirm each other asking some kind of questions about the ability an such?. This isnt jackassery, right? (Im assuming scum doesnt have the same ability we (as town) have)
tajo 91 wrote:Im still hitting my head with the desk. If someone had vital information for the town that scum shouldnt have known, then you dont freaking share it in the thread.
I might add myself to the "I have received the same information that G-Man is not town-alligned" list.
So... you're playing the townie card to mask a contradiction in your own logic.
Riiiiight.

I think I've found something sketchy.
Unvote: MafiaSSK
Vote: populartajo
(L-6)
What are you taliking about, Vi?
What are you talking about, taco? (It seems self-explanatory, so if I don't know what you take issue with, I don't know what to say.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Vi »

1) You said you think scum didn't get the list, but you also said hp isn't scum in spite of not getting the news. Contradiction. Calling WIFOM on your own logic sounds like "lol I may not be right but this is what I believe and that's the standard I'll use to judge future cases, except for this one".

2) You just got done criticizing veerus for releasing "sensitive information" and say "lol I could fake having it now", but then say "hey Townies let's go trip someone up with our sensitive information!". Contradiction of intent.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #91 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Vi »

populartajo 101 wrote:1. I never said scum didnt get the list. I said scum could prob know about this ability.
You're saying the scum were likely told "They know who one of you are. But I'm not telling which. Have fun!"? I suppose it's possible, but not likely and there aren't really grounds to suggest that it's the case.
tajo 101 wrote:2. I obv know Im not faking it. And do you think my idea of confronting information with all players if all townies share this information is valid?
It's valid until the information is revealed the first time.
And while I think Natirasha cares about bastardry (Serum and Steel went into Role PM analysis D3 and Nati tried to modWIFOM us out of our accurate conclusions about who was scum), I don't think it's ethically a problem in this case.
tajo 101 wrote:Xi
⌐.⌐
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #96 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Vi »

Hey yuu, quit being AWOL :P

What do you think of my line of inquiry with tajo?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

MafiaSSK 108 wrote:
Vi wrote:Hey yuu, quit being AWOL :P

What do you think of my line of inquiry with tajo?
Was this directed at me?
No, but you can answer if you like ^.^
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #100 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Vi »

Kair
yuu
It was.
tajo can tell you about the horrible jokes I pull out of other peoples' names.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #116 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Kairyuu 123 wrote:@hp [leaves]: Good show. Two possibilities arise. Either you are town and you just proved that you actually
do
have the note (since yes, you're completely right in that it says that), or the scum can daytalk and you were told by a buddy who actually did get the message what to say. Not sure which.
Protip: Something very similar to what hp said was already called out in the topic. (tajo 91)
Kairyuu 123 wrote:
@Mod: On second thought, I will try to stay in the game, since I have managed to beat my computer into submission.
As the fading light of a dying day filtered through the window blinds, Roger stood over his victim with a smoking .45, surprised at the serenity that filled him after pumping six slugs into the bloodless tyrant that mocked him day after day, and then he shuffled out of the office with one last look back at the shattered computer terminal lying there like a silicon armadillo left to rot on the information superhighway.

--Winner of the 1994 Bulwer-Lytton Award
hp 121 wrote:I can post the note's "name" if you want me to confirm it.
I like tajo's idea of waiting on this one, as that's the last way to confirm anyone has the note.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #119 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 129 wrote:Inconcievable
I don't even think you know what that word means. (Or how to spell it :P )

Un-FoS: lol I am arguing with myself
FoS: Poofy bunnies with big floppy ears

-----
veerus 128 wrote:I find it hard to believe that it took hp that long to suddenly realize he has the note.
You have a point, in that by confirming you claim to have read and understood your Role PM/win condition, and in a game like this you're expected to parse your Role PM closely.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Vi »

I see what Illumina's side of it looks like, but of the options you listed in 114, it seems like Illumina fits under 2). Does that indicate scum, necessarily? Nyeh. However, there's a certain point where my disbelief breaks through - if Illumina got the note, and heard that many other people got the note, and sees someone pulling out traps that would just happen to work awesomely if that person had the same information he did, wouldn't this be an easy puzzle to put together?

Illumina's argument against you is essentially that you're shoving this case down his throat. Are you? Well
yes
. Does that necessarily make you scum? That would depend on how much you're rallying people to vote Illumina; which as far as I can see, you're not, so you're more likely not.

Tarhalindur's hate on Illumina isn't unfounded. Illumina hasn't posted solid opinions on anyone outside Kairyuu - just floating on by. Now you see where that Scummie nomination for Best SK came from :roll:

So in short, I think Illumina is one of the scummier people here at the moment, but I'm not about to call scum yet.
Tarhalindur 132 wrote:1) I'm getting increasingly skeptical of "didn't receive the mod note" as a strong indicator of being scum - it's really starting to remind me of my confirmation mechanic in Mind Screw 2, where confirmation method was largely independent of being town or scum. That doesn't necessarily mean it's completely useless - again, look at Mind Screw 2, where a higher percentage of players who confirmed by PM were scum - but I don't think it's a sure thing.
Who hasn't claimed to get the note (that hasn't retracted it)?

@mod: What's going on with Stef?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #146 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 151 wrote:Pieces of information that DONT hurt town are TOTALLY DIFFERENT than pieces of information that DO hurt the town. Im criticizing the later, not the former.
Examples of pieces of information that DONT hurt the town are: the name of the ability, what kind of ability it is, its restriction, etc.
Examples of pieces of information that DO hurt the town are: telling the scum what name they shouldnt claim.
This isnt too hard, it is?
Your friend Vi should agree with me in this.
When did I turn into Mr. Rogers?
Nonetheless, given that this game has plagiarized the Mind Screw name, I would say that the name of the ability is NOT a good thing to claim. In addition helping Town, claiming what kind of ability you have can also help scum, its restriction can help scum too. Further, claiming any of these D1 is no good in most cases.
Nitpicking aside, I believe that the G-man claims today were inevitable. You're welcome to criticize how it was revealed that everyone was talking about the same thing - which you are. So yes, I agree with you.

Considering I sparked this argument in 94, I'll continue it.
tajo 124 wrote:1) If I had information regarding that someone from somewhere is antitown, I simply dont share it in the thread. Someone though it was a good idea. I think it was stupid. Who was the first to post that?
2) Maybe scum cant daytalk and scum number 1 who prob get the note used that as a way to tell their scumpartner from HalfLife about it. Anything is possible here.
3) Meh, Ive been thinking lately that our friend from HalfLife is neutral or selfalligned, prob SK.
4) Now, what Im proposing is that we use our information to semiconfirm people, something very similar to what hp just did some posts ago.
5) Of course all is shit if scum did get the note.
6) So, where am I being hypocrite?
1) veerus (58) for what it's worth.
2) Reread what you just said - one scumpartner GOT the note, the other DIDN'T. Doesn't that outrightly invalidate the entire theory right there?
3) Does that change anything? :roll:
4) How on earth do you count that as hp "clearing" himself? He said "oh wait, I agree with what everyone else said".
5) Well you've made it seem like you'll believe anything at this point (see 4) and 2) ). You're shooting holes in your own theory, which makes me wonder why you're making it in the first place.
6) Hypocrite = contradictions. So see above.

-----

I don't think the Kairyuu vs. Illumina argument has any remaining merit to it the way it's being expressed. At this point Kairyuu is justifying beating a dead horse (and attempting to put it in a noose) with playstyle. This is effectively what he's saying here--
Kairyuu 140 wrote:You see, I would agree, except that my main method of scumhunting is argument. If I can get a scum into a heated debate, then they will slip up and trap themselves. You know, like you did. You either cede the points or I keep pushing. Also, this seems like you are backing down to get out of the spotlight, which scum try to avoid usually.
"I would agree that this is over nothing, BUT for the sake of argument, let's assume I don't."

Counterpoint:
Illumina 142 wrote:it's interesting that no one (presumably town-aligned) has admitted to also not having
[the note]
from the start.
Didn't you say you didn't have it? (Isn't that how this fight started anyway?)

-----
Kairyuu 51 wrote:I see. So Tar, your information is similar to mine? I suspect you may be who I am lookin for. I will origin claim if you do, but I would request that you go first.
Something I saw while I was rereading. I don't see how this makes sense now that (presumably) we know what the information is.
Kairyuu 157 wrote:Thank you. That is all I ask. I know that Nat can be a rather good player when he wants to, so I was hoping you could be persuaded as well. I'm glad I was right.
You're going waaaaaaay too soft on SSK here. Promise everything, deliver nothing, etc.

-----

@SSK: Why shouldn't I vote you?

-----

Cool people to lynch:
*Kairyuu
*tajo
(Your name could go here! Apply now!)

------

@mod: Break out the prodstick.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #148 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Vi »

Intelligence and taking all the ideas into account doesn't have anything to do with 4). Further, I'm not sure I buy that you were taking in all the possibilities, because doing so just means you're not saying
anything
committal because it's based on stuff we frankly cannot know. (Except that you think hp has the note, against your own logic.)

Re: hp [leaves] - Not enough data. However, the case against him is primarily based on not having the note at first, and being tipped off as to what it should say later. If you are scum, he is a likely partner.

You are most likely scum if scum did not get the note.
Kairyuu is most likely scum otherwise.
Do I know which is the case? No, but as I'm not convinced of your logic as of yet, I'm not moving my vote.
tajo 160 wrote:Xi
I'm not asian enough. Though I like being able to use this smiley → ⌐.⌐
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #150 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 162 wrote:You are quick to get to conclusions when not even the half of people are posting here, arent you, Ti?
Do I really have to be so pedantic?
Based on the information we have so far,
these are my conclusions.
tajo 162 wrote:We have 2 probs here.
The first one is that scum did get the note.
The second one is that scum didnt get the note.
How the confirmation of one can prove Im scum?
If not, you're obviously covering for someone (hp) who didn't catch on to what the note said.

Isn't Ti a drink with jam and bread?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #164 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Vi »

I would agree with the above post, BUT Tarhalindur seems to have a compelling reason to avoid doing exactly that.

@Tarhalindur: Is it worth the risk?

-----
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Really? So have I called for a wagon? Sure, I would like Illumina lynched at this point in time, but it's only page 7, so there should still be plenty of discussion for me to initiate and comment on that may sway my position.
"Really" and "So have I called for a wagon" are two separate questions. The first, yes, you are beating a dead horse of an argument. The second, no.
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Do not put words in my mouth.
Even if they're your own words?
Kairyuu 140 wrote:You see, I would agree
[that we have reached an impasse and further debate would be pointless]
, except that my main method of scumhunting is argument.
Kairyuu 170 wrote:2. Illumina has been trapped in his/her own arguments, and needs to actually respond to my points about that instead of just "I didn't do it." The argument is not over, and his/her backing down seems scummy to me. I explained several reasons why there is no reason to cut off the argument before it is done.
And these reasons are "because I like arguments and antagonizing people for personal gain". Which may not be as bad as it sounds if that's your method of getting reactions and scumhunting, but I can imagine it's only slightly more annoying to be subjected to than it is to read given that this is your word against Illumina's. Or am I oversimplifying?

On an almost-related note...
Kairyuu 155 wrote:Ok veerus. Let's think about this for a second. We had people claim that they didn't get the note. These people, much later, decided to rescind that claim. The way that makes sense is if a single scum got the note, and they are allowed to daytalk. Therefore, when the other scum told them exactly what the note was, they knew to rescind their not having it status. The daytalk status plus the strange fipflopping of whether people did or didn't have the role does imply that the scum received the note. Specifically that only one of them did.
And how do you plan to confirm this? This looks incredibly improbable from my point of view - one scum gets the note and has to pass it to the others without anyone noticing? I know Natirasha is a bastard mod, but still.

In addition, if this is the case, then you should have some idea of who that first scum who got the note is, right?
Kairyuu 170 wrote:I have never played with him
[SSK]
before, so if he says he will try, then I assume he will follow through.
lrn2meta
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Please explain your entire case against me, so that I may alleviate what worries I can of yours.
Speaking frankly, I don't have that kind of time IRL. (Yes, I'm aware of how bad it sounds. 'You want to press me on it, you can do my thesis.)
You can alleviate what worries I have by responding to me; I'm low-maintenance like that.

-----
f-light 171 wrote:and now I see apparently Kairyuu is suspected. I agree with his asking of why :S.
Why not?
And how can you get your lips to look like an S? I can't do it.
veerus 172 wrote:Technically Tar was the first to bring up Half-Life.. I just confirmed it.
Tarhalindur 56 wrote:5) Kairyuu is looking for me,I am looking for Kairyuu, Kairyuu is MOD-CONFIRMED non-town (from Half-Life) and looking for me for reasons uncertain.
Ah, I didn't see that.
Illumina 173 wrote:Vi: assuming tajo wanted to try and confirm people using a different approach, how would that be advantageous to scum? Is it just the apparant contradiction that makes you suspect him, or is there another element?
tajo wants to clear people D1 with information in a manner that I'm shooting down as frivolous.
One could also say that outside the info-hunting-clearing-etc., he's not saying much, but tbh it's tough to blame people for that. This game is already bogged down in inactivity. *cough* *prodMod* *cough*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #183 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 195 wrote:Well, obviously, you intend to continue this inane plan.
This sounds obviously staged, like a major villain would suggest.
Natirasha 195 wrote:Look, Tar, I am town--whether you believe it or not. In fact, I designed my own role just as a counter to your argument in that thread(actually, that's a lie, but the point stills stands). As long as there are failsafes in place(say, only being able to vote for myself and only speaking in defense of myself, no other subjects, on threat of self-modkill).
Fascinating.

I would consider a
practical
reason why we shouldn't lynch you to be a defense of yourself, so you should be able to give us one.
Natirasha 195 wrote:And, by the way, do you guys really want to kill Jesus Christ?
That depends. Are you insinuating that your role name is Jesus Christ? And if so, is it the Christian Son of God, or the broadway Superstar?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #191 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 202 wrote:What do you want to know? I can give you anything I need.

First of all, I am Jesus Christ(from The Holy Bible), the Townie Son of Mod.
I have no factional abilities.
I have 6 active abilities, one of which activates upon my lynch.
I have 1 active ability.

Anything else you want to know?
Natirasha 195 wrote:As long as there are failsafes in place(say, only being able to vote for myself and only speaking in defense of myself, no other subjects, on threat of self-modkill).
I notice you didn't finish this sentence in 195. What a shame, I'd like to see you modkill yourself based on your non-defense post 202 (nobody asked you for an ability claim, just to verify that you are J.C.).
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #192 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

Kairyuu 205 wrote:Umm. No. There's the point about daytalking that has been mentioned rather often, including by me, in that post you quoted.
Soooooooooo... if the scum can daytalk, why didn't they already discuss the note amongst each other? I mean srsly.
Kairyuu 205 wrote:Hmm. What class and what sort of thesis?
It's an Honors thesis; 'doesn't really matter what about so long as I put in 150 hours of work between now and the second week of May. Two of my ideas have already crashed and burned, and I need to come up with something else quick. I don't think anything in the realm of Mafia would count, alas.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #194 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 210 wrote:
It's an Honors thesis; 'doesn't really matter what about so long as I put in 150 hours of work between now and the second week of May. Two of my ideas have already crashed and burned, and I need to come up with something else quick. I don't think anything in the realm of Mafia would count, alas.
You could write a thesis on the flavor of Touhou. Hell, I know a teacher that got away with writing a thesis on the Hawaiian shirt.
Ironic that you mention that given my recent avatar change. (Or did you see my avatar first?)

An essay on Japanese culture as expressed through the Touhou phenomenon doesn't sound like a horrible idea, though the sheer amount of weeabooism involved (not to mention the probably-unavoidable segment on Les Yay) may wound my soul.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #196 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 212 wrote:
An essay on Japanese culture as expressed through the Touhou phenomenon doesn't sound like a horrible idea, though the sheer amount of weeabooism involved (not to mention the probably-unavoidable segment on Les Yay) may wound my soul.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the unavoidable segment on Les Yay :P.
The Honors director seems progressive enough, but I don't think she's
that
liberal. I guess I'd have to choose my context carefully.
f-light 212 wrote:And plus, you are on the internet. You don't have a soul :P.
Not to mention I'm on a site where arguing and demonizing is a seven-days-a-week career.
If it weren't for how Mafia is so intriguing, I'd think I'd slipped into a Dilbert cartoon~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #197 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Kinetic 214 wrote:I wrote a thesis comparing Sumo wrestlers with high school teachers.
I'm calling your bluff.
If you're telling the truth, I'm going into denial about how difficult I've been thinking this would be >.>

(The best conversations are always off-topic.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #199 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Vi »

f-light 216 wrote:Nyeh, well, if you really want to test some limits, either go with 4chan's obsession with traps or a thesis on how Kannazuki No Miko illustrates the dangers of forbidden love.
Pass. You lost me after "4chan", as I really don't ever want to go there.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #228 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Vi »

mmmk

Unvote: populartajo
Vote: forbiddanlight
(L-6)

Active lurking, etc. Look through her last 13 posts (out of 22) if you need an explanation.

I agree with Illumina that SSK is being weird.
@SSK:
What do you think of Tarhalindur?

I think there is an outstanding question for tajo from Illumina that I'd like to see an answer to.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #230 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Vi »

Kairyuu 254 wrote:I . . . hate . . . school.

Midterms start tomorrow, so you guys probably won't get any thing of a decent length from me until Thursday. Really sorry about this.
Midterms in January?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #243 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Hay Isacc!

*checks* I guess Isaac really was taken, now that I look for it.

Received prod. Not buying f-light's apathy and dazed confusion.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #247 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 271 wrote:Because I've never been apathetic and uncaring town before. No, not at all.
Actually, both times you've waffled or expressed obvdisinterest (that I recall), you were a Mafier.

I mean, I'm apathetic and uncaring about this game too ( *shot* ), but at least I'm participating to an extent that can be called "scumhunting". (And no, I'm not just talking about this move against you)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #249 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Vi »

Um... Bamboo Forest and Time Abuse are the ones I'm thinking of.

Though Time Abuse was more a case of selective waffling.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #254 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

Isacc 276 wrote:However, Vi's argumentative style bugs me for reasons I cannot yet put my finger wholely on.
For one, he seems kinda unsure of where he's trying to argue (tajo, then kai, then SSK, all randomly in one post). It seems like he's either eager town overextending himself, or scum unsure where the blows will hit best. For now, the former seems more likely, but I am definitely a bit put off by the way he's been arguing.
Responding to more than one conversation at a time is scummy...?

@Illumina: Why are you defending hp?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #259 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Vi »

Illumina 284 wrote:
Isacc wrote:How in the world did he do that?
Why are you jumping at defending him?
in post 121, hp said he could post the note's name to confirm he had it.
That's not a demonstration.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #263 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 287 wrote:This could prob end in jackassery but Ive heard that PM scpeculation is normal in Nat games.
*vouches for this*
tajo 288 wrote:Why Nat stopped posting?
?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #282 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:46 am

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 312 wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Can I step in with what I think a role based off Nat from Real Life would be? It would be a Serial Killer, almost certainly.
Have you looked at my wiki?

Rules Infraction!
I dunno, Natirasha seems like the leader of the Cult of Natirasha~

-----

*lays out Tarhalindur bait in this space*

-----
Illumina 305 wrote:At any rate, that post shows that he probably has the note now (via scumbuddy, by virtue of starting with it, aliens, etc.).
Knows what note says =/= has the note

-----

f-light, no content, setup speculation only, FINAL DESTINATION, etc.

-----

I need to look into veerus and Isacc later; I have to go to class.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #284 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Vi »

MafiaSSK 316 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Natirasha 312 wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Can I step in with what I think a role based off Nat from Real Life would be? It would be a Serial Killer, almost certainly.
Have you looked at my wiki?

Rules Infraction!
I dunno, Natirasha seems like the leader of the Cult of Natirasha~
How come?
Two words: Ego Trip.
(On that note, Turkmenbashi Mafia may be kind of funny with a modified Intentionally Vague setup.)

Do you still like your vote on Natirasha, SSK? Or is there someone who signed up to play that's piqued your interest?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #308 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Vi »

I don't see where I
refused
to respond to Kairyuu. I think the Kairyuu/Illumina gripefest cannot be solved conclusively. It's something to come back to later for suspicion's sake, but unless I missed something nothing can be proven either way.

I just noticed Malthusis is in this game.
@mod: Does he need a prod?

Natirasha 339 wrote:Natirasha(3): forbiddanlight, Malthusis, MafiaSSK, Kairyuu
orly

I need to come back when I haven't been in front of a computer all day so I can get a better look at this game. Right now I'm simply tired and disinterested.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #325 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Vi »

Extremely suspicious Twilight post,
gooooo~

I don't have much to say that would be helpful, except that I don't disapprove of the Natirasha hammer. Asking zwetschenwasser why he voted Natirasha would be cool, but only if he survives hammering the apparent Supersaint.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #347 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Vi »

Beloved Mafia Godfather sounds like a Beloved Princess. Except a Godfather. Bastardtastic.

Robo-supremacist sounds like a cult leader.

f-light, are you one of the 2, or one of the 3? Because I don't see you as one of the 4.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #351 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 386 wrote:Well, thanks for confirming that one Vi.

I'm one of the four. If my projections are correct, you are one of the three, though I could be wrong. I'd have to check your interactions with Kinetic to guess properly.

Vote Vi
"Confirming"? "Projections"?
Something a little more substantial would be nice y'know.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #353 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Vi »

I
would
like to wagon f-light right about now (because in addition to her nonactivity D1, wagoning her is ALWAYS the right choice), but I'm actually interested in what I apparently confirmed for her and would like for her to explain what she's going on about first.
f-light 384 wrote:
Umu
...that's...interesting.
Were you referring to me here? :P

@veerus: Who is scum?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #362 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Vi »

I called it on f-light scum~
Vote: forbiddanlight
(L-2)
I'm going to guess Illumina as the partner based on 393.

On a serious note, I've had all game to contemplate how this game is less
mind screw
and more
bastard mod
, and I agree with you about this being the last Nati game I play.

I'm interested in hearing what f-light has to say about me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #365 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 402 wrote:
I'm interested in hearing what f-light has to say about me.
4-3-2

You seemed to pick up quite quickly that the town group wasn't the three (which is entirely possible). You also were the first to attempt to use the numbers to implicate me. I'm guessing scum based off that, and your tunnel vision on me which seems uncharacteristic of you.

And yes, you called it. But, don't think it will be so easy in other games I happen to be scum in. This one just completely failed to interest me. You'll find I wasn't lying about other games where I've been uninterested as town.
Um, word to your kitten. I've only ever seen it as Town-Scum-Other.
That and I would hope that the largest number on D2 is Town (though I wouldn't put it past Nati to make it otherwise).

As far as tunnel vision and calling you out on being anti-Town goes, that's a result of
you yourself using similar behavior to throw me off
in Time Abuse.

I also agree with Isacc's theory about Tarhalindur being the G-man. Another, somewhat more tenuous suggestion: Consider that Tarhalindur effectively claimed a Tech-aligned kill and the Mod "saved the tinkerer", and consider that G-man is apparently indestructible (according to the wiki entry you gave). I would fully expect the G-man to be impervious to bullets.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #367 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 404 wrote:Nyeh, ah well, this game really was bad for me anyway.
I know the feeling all too well. *pets*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #371 (isolation #51) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Vi »

f-light 407 wrote:Was that to me or Vi?
Me.
Ironically, we're complaining about the same game :D
f-light 407 wrote:Oh, I rather liked it. Apparently he was a one shot doc though.
We only gave him one shot :P

-----
Tarhalindur 406 wrote:Re: Thinking Nat was G-Man - the name of the ability is taken DIRECTLY from a quote in the first game (a quote related to G-Man, no less). I considered Nat=G-Man a logical inference, (Note that, at least for me, the name of the ability that tells me G-Man is not town is another quote from the Half-Life series with a single letter removed.)
Now that I've Done The Research, I will concede that this is accurate. (Of course, this goes back to who-has-the-note metagaming.)

I also agree with the gripe that I'm not sure of my own alignment (remember, I'm apparently a Serial Killer-flavored Miller). Granted, this could be part of the Mind Screw element, but there's a difference between messing with people's heads and setting them up for falls all over the place.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #376 (isolation #52) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm willing to hold out out of sympathy. I've been in a similar situation to Natirasha before; perhaps when the game is over and we have full disclosure things will be more acceptable.

Plus I'm winning for a change
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #384 (isolation #53) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 420 wrote:
Didn't realize that was a hammer. Oh well.
Good going. Now do it again tomorrow when it'll work.
'Claiming Mafia Governor now?~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #387 (isolation #54) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Vi »

I thought Beloved just skipped the next day outright, instead of acting as an auto-governor. But whatever.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #393 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Vi »

Ahahahaha! Aaaaaaahahahahaha!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #592 (isolation #56) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Vi »

Tarhalindur, I really do apologize that I keep ruining your Mafia life, but--

What's it like to be mortal?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #602 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 am

Post by Vi »

Go avay or I shall taunt you a second time!

Tarhalindur 598 wrote:(off topic posts? Two words: Mafia 87)
You're welcome. And hey, I apologized for outing you already. Under different circumstances, I would be outing you as SK using more, ah, straightforward means. (Looking through other games you have been in, you ARE always the SK, right? Or just in the games when you're not Mafia?~)

----

All right, listen up. Or not.

Anyone with the brain of a scarecrow can tell you that I am Richard Nixon, Prinny Vassal. There's really no sane way to argue my way out of that, so there it is.
The rest of the details are your problem, not mine. But I would like to discuss this mechanic after the game, as I was kind of hoping I was the first person to come up with it. (Darn my lack of modding experience, etc.)

Incidentally, Tarhalindur is one-for-two as far as guessing others' roles.

*f-light was indeed a Mafia Lover-Maker. I was told after D1 that if Amante died that day, I would too. Of course, Natirasha wasn't kind enough to tell me who Amante
was
, so yeah. At the time I thought f-light intentionally blew up in order to take me out of the game, hence the maniacal laughter in my "bah" post. Either way, I have to admit this is another cool role that Natirasha beat both of us to implementing.

*I am not a Tracker. No, I can read a snippet of your Role PM each day after I wiretap you. And my first target was Illumina... who interestingly enough flipped G-Man. And the first result I got from Illumina was that
while you (Illumina) are alive, Gordon Freeman (Tarhalindur) cannot be killed.
Explanation, please? Or are we going to taunt each other with eerily similar ominous laughing for a while yet?

And obv. I'm an SK-miller. I'm the one that said that the first time, remember? I flipped Townie Wiretapper; that was my actual role.

Last and btw, my avatar is Mia, the angelic Staff Chick from Golden Sun. It doesn't have to do with my revival in this game, though. (In related news, I'm really tired of being the Doctor in so many games.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #605 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Vi »

Rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Hey Tarhalindur (again). How did you know that the rules should be visible?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #606 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Vi »

Also, nice plagiarism in the ruleset :roll:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #620 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Vi »

Tarhalindur 614 wrote:Also, I was whack-a-moled as town,
For a brief moment, I remembered that. And then I forgot it again... and then I posted.
No sense in harassing you other than for the inherent fun of it, then.

Anyway, I've told you what I know about G-Man. I've no idea why Natirasha would have a Neutral that everyone's supposed to be hunting out there to protect a Townie, unless that Townie role's especially powerful... which doesn't seem to be the case per se. Eh, postgame should be several shades of interesting.
(And for the record, I still think immediately coming to Natirasha-as-G-Man was entirely plausible~)
Tarhalindur 614 wrote:(As for your avatar, I thought you'd adopted an odd Full Metal Panic! (Kaname Chidori) avatar for a bit, hence the curiousity. Also, it wasn't as off-topic as I claimed - you had a Nixon avatar before the D3 kill, so it *could* have been role-related.)
Contrary to all appearances, anime/manga weirds me out. I'm told by people who are absorbed by it that I've been exposed to all the stuff that gives Japanese entertainment a bad name, and thus have an unfair view of it. (Given that I'm part of the Touhou fandom, this is actually quite plausible.)
Anyway, I only change my avatar when I die. I've died twice since I suicided in this game (becoming Mia and then Mia. My next avatar may be Mia as well!). So nothing of import there. (Do you like this avatar, by chance?)
Tarhalindur 614 wrote:I always seem to be either Cop or vanilla as town
What I wouldn't give to be a Cop someday...

Count of Monte Cristo is entirely your territory, since it's your intellectual property :P I'll leave that theorizing to you.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #625 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Vi »

Tarhalindur wrote:Also, happy birthday Vi. Pity you're Cult.
This is a classic example of how my luck works.
But thanks, Tar.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #640 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Posting to say "Are we there yet?" because this game is slow and I don't have time to say anything insightful elsewhere.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #645 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Vi »

This would be a good time for a
mod
to step in.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #658 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Vi »

<bah post>

See you later!

</bah post>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #722 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

This game had a few nice ideas, but was hideously put together.

I've already mentioned that I wish I had come up with the Necromancer idea first; it was a role that I wanted to use in a future game of mine (albeit a bit differently). As it is, I was basically screwed in this game when I was brought back to life - f-light decided to quit and she/Natirasha flipped Prinny Vassal, so there was nothing I could do. SSK would have been much more prudent to have revived me D3, especially considering there was no means of communication between Leader and Cult. (We were told that only Prinnies used the word "dood", but, uh, only revived people were Prinnies :? )

Everything else was already mentioned while I was alive for the second time. Well, I didn't tell the full truth. But first, my Role PM.
I repeat, I did not do anything illegal at the Watergate Hotel."
"Bite my Shiny Metal Ass!" A citizen yells. The mob follows.
"Well, in that case...I suppose that I, Richard M. Nixon, must resign from the office of President of the United States of America."

Welcome, Richard Nixon(from Real Life). You resigned to avoid impeachment and that made you surly. However, it is still your duty to use your…less than truthful…methods...to help protect your subjects…er…citizens.

You are the
Townie Wiretapper.

Active Abilities—You may use one a day.

<Wiretap> You will place a wiretap on the targeted player’s body. Each day, it will reveal a bit of information about that player.

Passive Abilities

<Watergate> You will show up as Richard Nixon(from Futurama), Serial Killer(or the closest equivalent), to any investigation.
<Robot> You are a robot. This may or may not have any in-game significance.
<Mutual Fiend> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.
I didn't think my mind could be screwed if I was expecting it, but... well, Nati got me on this one.

I tapped veerus D1, and nothing happened. I was also told that if Amante was killed the next die, I would die as well.
Amante blew up the next day, got lynched, got unlynched, got killed anyway. I thought she was doing it specifically to get me out, which would have made it a really clever move. As it is, I wiretapped Illumina and received "An Offer I Can't Refuse", as mentioned earlier.
While dead, I tapped SSK D3 and received "Swear" (the command to raise Prinny Vassals) while receiving "G-Man, Neutral Liaison" from Illumina.
D4, I tapped Isacc and received whatever command it was that let him act as a Name Cop, as well as SSK's "Etna, Prinny Lord" or something.

So yeah, I could have destroyed this game if only I was Town and alive :v

Go Town. Or something. Go infinite losing streak.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”