Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:58 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ummm, yeah, there is a reason...I voted for JDTAY for being so bloodthirsty against HM again...but then I realized that that's his normal play style, so I wanted to try a theory with Coron...then someone asked who the lurkers were, and I relized that some people only had 4 posts, none today, so I voted for them...I wanted to go back to Coron since he was the one I actually wanted to go for at the time, but then Maximus slipped up, and I'm pegging him as town...so yes, there is a reason for changing my vote...It's not like I'm jumping on all the likely bandwagons or something...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:59 am

whoops, sorry...I accidentally sent it early, but it said it didn't go through, so I added to it and resent it...mod, could you delete the first of these three posts?
Permanent V/LA.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:21 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 HairyMezican (JDTAY, lazarusmoth, joe, Maximus)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)
1 Coron (PeaceBringer)
1 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13)
1 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin)

9 to lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by Maximus »

and since ben hasn't been around most of this game, I can believe that he's still adjusting
Why hasn't he been around for most of the game? Care to point out or trying to protect your scum buddy here?

Unvote: HairyMezican Vote: Mastermind of Sin

You first jump from people to people voting and unvoting, while stating at the same time that we have some information and there is no need to bandwagon someone.
we actually have information now, so there is no need to do so at this time
Sounds like you are making big use out of this information that we have by jumping from people to people.
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:28 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Ungggh. I'm back.
I'm inclined to agree with
Vote" Mastermind of Sin
. Seems to me that he's putting up his logic and then simply abandoning it without any sort of conviction. Doesen't seem like actually wanting to find scum.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:14 am

Maximus wrote:
and since ben hasn't been around most of this game, I can believe that he's still adjusting
Why hasn't he been around for most of the game? Care to point out or trying to protect your scum buddy here?

Unvote: HairyMezican Vote: Mastermind of Sin

You first jump from people to people voting and unvoting, while stating at the same time that we have some information and there is no need to bandwagon someone.
we actually have information now, so there is no need to do so at this time
Sounds like you are making big use out of this information that we have by jumping from people to people.
I don't know why he hasn't been around...perhaps he forgot about the game...perhaps the fact that he didn't understand what was going on made him lose interest...I don't know...what I do know is that people who were "entering" the game, shall we say, sometimes made the mistake of mixing up town and mafia...since ben apparently hasn't been paying attention to the game at all, I can believe that he just mixed them up...

I said we have information, so there is no need to bandwagon someone who claimed goon and came close enough to being lynched that I am inclined to believe him for the time being...I said nothing about lurker hunts, because of course those are just temporary votes to bring people back into the game...and by information, I mean we have clues from people's actions so far, and can make a more educated guess as to scum...that's why I voted for Coron, and that's why I voted for you. I already explained these things, so unless you just didn't pick it up the first time, you're just OMGUS voting me, and I don't appreciate it, because OMGUS voting is never a pro-town action...if you actually had valid reasons for voting for me, as misguided as they may have been, there wouldn't be a problem...I would attempt to explain myself to you as best as possible...but the fact remains that you are making up reasons to vote for me, first asking me something no one except ben could even answer unless they know him IRL and then pointing out something that had already been explained at least once so far...
CONFIRM VOTE: Maximus
Die Scum Die
Uraj45 wrote:Ungggh. I'm back.
I'm inclined to agree with
Vote" Mastermind of Sin
. Seems to me that he's putting up his logic and then simply abandoning it without any sort of conviction. Doesen't seem like actually wanting to find scum.
huh? I put up logic that I was voting for ben on a lurker hunt...then he posted, so I went with someone who actually looked suspicious...I want to find scum, but voting for lurkers isn't necessarily trying to find scum, just trying to get them active again, which is why once most people came back, I went after someone I actually think is scum...
Permanent V/LA.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

After reading the thread over, Coron strikes me as the most suspicious; unvoting for someone you know to be innocent shortly before their inevitable lynch is a mafia tactic that I have seen used before. His post about JD and laz makes no sense either.

vote: Coron
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote maximus
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:38 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

that is Unvote, vote maximus--

keep a finger pointed at Coron
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:23 am

Post by Scalebane »

Mastermind of sin seems( to me) to just be jumping around wherever he finds something slightly suspicious. Seems to me like he's simply trying to see if he can find something that the rest of us will just bandwagon.

Vote mastermind of Sin
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:40 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

I'm still trying to decide between PB, Coron, and MoS.

All three of them are acting pretty weird.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by Maximus »

You just proved my point, which was reiterated by Scalebane, MOS.

Definitely keeping my vote on him.
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:10 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Genocide Heart wrote:I'm still trying to decide between PB, Coron, and MoS.

All three of them are acting pretty weird.

first exposure to each personality, isn't it.

Always interesting when folks point to others style and call them acting weird and that means a
big FOS for Genocide Heart
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:14 pm

Yes, this is my first game on the site and I've yet to get used to everyone's style of play. Forgive me.

However, your actions today have been...

Vote JD ("Something needs to happen")

Incorrectly nitpick my list.

Incorrectly nitpick again, confirm vote on JD.

Vote Coron.

Correct previous post by unvoting JD.

Vote Maximus

Correct previous post by unvoting Maximus. Also FOS Coron.

FOS me

Your posts have either been contentless, or votes without explanation (With the exception of the FOS on me.)

At best this accomplishes nothing because it gives us no information, at worst it starts a potentially dangerous bandwagon. So if this is your style, might I ask that you change it?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:52 am

Post by Scalebane »

he didn't unvote maximus, he unvoted and then voted maximus.

He's still voting maximus.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:11 am

Er, unvoting Coron. Sorry.

Point still stands.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:28 am

Let's see if I can spell this out for those of you that are denser than most...

-Day 2 starts
-I vote JDTAY for trying to bandwagon HM, since HM is probably not scum...
-Then, after looking at some of JDTAY's other games, I realize that he plays like this a lot, so I vote Coron to test a theory of mine, since a confirmed mafia was suspicious of him
-Then someone ask about lurkers, and when I look back and find them, I see that ben only had like three posts so far, so I vote for him to get him to come out
-Ben posts, and since I'm not really suspicious of him, I switch to maximus, who had jumped to the top of my list by copying people like JDTAY in voting for HM...however, this does not seem to be his normal play style, so I think I have caught scum...

How is this jumping around hoping for bandwagons? I voted for someone, but then things changed in my mind, so I switch to the top of my list...what's so wrong with that? Would you rather that I stuck with someone who I didn't feel was suspicious? Or are you just defending your scum buddy maximus?
Permanent V/LA.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:26 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Genocide Heart wrote:Yes, this is my first game on the site and I've yet to get used to everyone's style of play. Forgive me.

However, your actions today have been...

Vote JD ("Something needs to happen")

Incorrectly nitpick my list.

Incorrectly nitpick again, confirm vote on JD.

Vote Coron.

Correct previous post by unvoting JD.

Vote Maximus

Correct previous post by unvoting Maximus. Also FOS Coron.

FOS me

Your posts have either been contentless, or votes without explanation (With the exception of the FOS on me.)

At best this accomplishes nothing because it gives us no information, at worst it starts a potentially dangerous bandwagon. So if this is your style, might I ask that you change it?
I always change a little something in my game- and anyone can always ask. Wait till you encounter Internet stranger if you find my style frustrating.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Heh, IS certainly is frustrating. I personally hate his style and will personally vig. kill him in any game in which I am a vig and he is in it. You may quote me.

anyways, I don't believe that throwing something out there (casually) like "defending your scum buddy maximus" is particularly useful, MoS. You haven't been attacking me. I find your behavior suspicious. You don't normally provide much logic with any of your posts. You jump around. Your behavior is suspicious. Simple as that. I am trying to make sure the game stands grounded in fact, and votes with some form of rationale behind them instead of off-hand accusations and accidental meaningless lynches.
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by Maximus »

You are displaying the tactics that most scum use: switching votes and circling the town around in bandwagons on day 2. I mean, you were the one who originally said that we can actually go on day 2 smoother since we'll have some information. If that's not the case, then you are just really confused/ADD type of townie which doesn't help the town as much as it hurts it.

I'm keeping my vote no matter what unless somebody can confirm/backup MOS's innocence. And no, I'm not calling out the cop here either. Because I highly doubt that a cop had bothered to investigate MOS last night.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay, want to know some my thinking about the voting. I am suspiscious of those harping on Hairy Mezican at this point. Granted he may have lied about being Goon and deflected the lynched to an actually goon and may be as bloody townie as they get but obviously given the claim anyone who jumps a that to me sets off alarm bells. If you look at my votes, they have been related to that. I don't necesarrily find it vitally important to explain my votes, because sometimes I throw votes for a reaction or some other purpose and am trying to sort stuff out.
I also want to trot out an really old line from my early werewolf play. Everything is not always what it seems.

Right now I feel comfortable with the Maximus vote based on the HM pressure.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:05 am

Post by JDTAY »

Sorry, my computer was messed up for a while. I haven't been replaced, right?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:53 am

let's get one thing straight...I never tried to start any bandwagons...every time I voted, I clearly stated why I was voting that way...I am switching votes because people seem scummier...I don't know about Scalebane, but I'm pretty sure Maximus is scum leading this false wagon...

Saclebane, what don't you understand about my reasons? I provide logic where needed in my posts...if you bothered looking at my other games, you would see that I'm always like that whether I'm scum or not...yes, I did jump votes...four times...because I FOUND SOMEONE MORE SUSPICIOUS...the only time that wasn't the truth was when I wanted to bring ben out of lurking...I wasn't really suspicious of him...what point out Maximus to me was that he came back to the game and immediately placed a vote on HairyMezican, which is about the scummiest thing anyone could have done at that point...I believe it is 7 or 8 to lynch, and Maximus put him at FIVE...if that's not blatant bandwagoning then I don't know what is...no one has EVER provided good evidence that HM is scum, yet Maximus tries to sneak him another vote closer to a lynch...

and no, I didn't say day 2 would go smoother...don't misquote me...I said we had more info, but not that that would make things smoother...hell, I expected it to be rougher, since scum will be trying to misinterpret information to decieve the town(hmmm, I wonder what Maximus is doing?)...the fact that we have more info means that
we don't have to bandwagon a claimed goon
...we can make more educated votes, which is what I have been doing...the fact that I realized that a more probably scum was out there just means that I'm paying attention and trying to help the town, as opposed to just sitting there on one person for an entire day, which is what you guys seem to think I should've done...

also, forgot about this earlier, but
FOS: commify
for claiming to have
known
that ZONEACE and HM were goons when they claimed...
Permanent V/LA.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Top three most suspicious for me at this point is: HM, coron and MoS.

For now, my vote stays.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:25 pm

why is HM suspicious? y'all never bother explaining it...DON'T TRY TO PLAY LIKE IS!!!!! IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN ASSHOLE...explain yourself...just because you were the second person on a useless bandwagon doesn't mean you're
not
scummy...
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”