Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Gorrad wrote:Jazzmyn has a good idea, but the point is that the rules state "The bulletproof vest provides immunity all kill attempts". Not "scum kill attempts", "All kill attempts". Yet he was killed at night. All I can think of is that he didn't use that power for some reason.
Huh? You seem to be talking about Caligulaph's death, while I was talking about Occam's death.

I think that the reason for Caligulaph's death is quite apparent. He said clearly that he was not going to invoke self-protection, after all, and since we now know that he was town, there is no reason to think that he was lying about that.

My point, though, was about Occam's death, which I don't think Caligulaph brought about.

As for rules, as I mentioned above, I read Mini 697, and in that game, the rules stated, "While imprisoned, those players cannot target others and
cannot be targeted by others
" and yet during the night, an imprisoned player was targeted and killed by scum, thanks to a secret and unknown one-shot scum power, and the result was absolutely against the stated rules as written, but subsequently explained by Machiavellian-Mafia's Rule 10 over-ride.

I think that's what we have here, as well, because it makes no sense for Caligulaph to have killed Occam.

Regards,
Jazz
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Oh. I didn't see that he had stated that he wouldn't use the protection.

Well, that's a horse of a different color. Perhaps, then, he simply didn't use either. An SK or second scumkill could easily explain it. No big worries for now!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:10 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Using neither, the kill and the protection would be incredibly stupid. So I think we can assume he either killed occam, or used his protection.

The dictator killing Occam would not only be unlikely, but It would also mean the mafia aimed for cali with their nightkill. This seems too risky to be a viable mafia tactic to me.

So Id say its pretty save to assume (id say around a 80% chance) that either the mafia, or a townie was able to kill cali through his protection.

Cali seemed quite towny to me. So its only logical to assume the mafia have the ability to kill the dictator through his protection, a townie would have picked another target. There are loads of other options, but this one seems by far the most logical to me.

On a related note, why was the chance of the overthrow so high? Did I miss something?did the mod make a mistake? Or does der hammer have a higher overthrow chance?
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Der Hammer »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I was suspicious of Jebus because he suggested trading a town doctor for a scum, without trying to get rid of the scum without a townie death first. Didn't seem very townie to me.
Same reason for me.

Yes, I had a higher overthrow percentage. Thought I should use it while I had the chance.

Anybody else want to make a strong case for the execution? I am prepared to listen, but will be going back to make my main suspect list.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Moratorium »

There seemed to be discussion/confusion on the deaths that occured on Day 1, and I wanted to inject what my opinion was on the first day's deaths:
Page 1 Mod post wrote: Dead
4. SlySly, Genghis Khan, Protown Doctor, executed Day 1
10. Caligulaph, Augusto Pinochet, Protown Tracker, Poisoned to Death Night 1
9. Occam, Saddam Hussein, Protown Vanilla Townie, Shot to Death Night 1
Executed: Self-explanatory
Shot to Death: Flavor typically attributed to Mafia Night Kill
Poisoned to Death: SK / VK / Special game mechanic

These are assumptions. Please make your case if you disagree with them.

So as I see it:

- Cali executed Sly
- Mafia kills Occam (Dictatorthon proposal guy, did anyone honestly have a good read? All of his posts were one-liners. Was also one of Cali's "officers", so when Cali flips town Occam might gain town trust, seems like a fairly tame cast-no-undue-suspicions night kill)
- Unknown element kills Caligulaph, either because he chose not to self-protect, or because the unknown element somehow ignored the protection. (Difficult to pin a motive without knowing the unknown element's win condition, but that said, when I saw post 239, the first thought that came to me was "Thank God I don't have to translate that guy's every post into 4 actual words of meaning anymore")
Jazzmyn wrote: I think that the reason for Caligulaph's death is quite apparent. He said clearly that he was not going to invoke self-protection, after all, and since we now know that he was town, there is no reason to think that he was lying about that.
Just because I'm having a hard time finding it myself through all his...
language
...can you (or anyone else for that matter) please point out where he said he was not going to invoke self-protection.

Also, am I reading this correctly that the case against Jebus boils down to
"trading 1:1 town:scum is always/never/sometimes good/bad"
, and that there are no other elements to it? (I'm reserving judgement until someone can actually confirm this for me one way or the other).

And finally, Der Hammer, who is, as you say, "your main suspect list?" Your contribution to this game has been minimal (hypocrisy noted, thank you).

I'm back from vacation and will be active in this game again.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Moratorium wrote:Just because I'm having a hard time finding it myself through all his...
language
...can you (or anyone else for that matter) please point out where he said he was not going to invoke self-protection.
In his last post (#233), he said that he would be abdicating and "sacrificing [his] protection" and then went on to say that he did not expect to make it through the night alive. I took that to mean that he was not going to invoke self-protection.

Regards,
Jazz
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Korlash replaces christano drago, effective immediately. Let's welcome Korlash to the game!
The end justifies the means.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Korlash »

Moratorium wrote:Executed: Self-explanatory
Shot to Death: Flavor typically attributed to Mafia Night Kill
Poisoned to Death: SK / VK / Special game mechanic
I'm not so sure here. If you think about it, in a flavorwise dictatorship an assassin or hitman is likely to use a gun where-as a close adversary of the current ruler would likely use something less obvious. i base this off the fact if this was a dictatorship there would be levels under the ruler and let's say his second in comand wanted to kill him and take over, do you really think walking up to the guy and shooting him will work out well for the guy trying to usurp?

Just a thought, but if we are going to speculate on who killed whom last night my opinion would be mafia would most likely belong to the poison.

*clears throat* Will all that's going on I forgot to introduce myself...

Friends, people I don't know, you guys in the corner... Lend me your eyes! (and wallets... cough 'em up...) For i am the great and merciful Korlash, ruler of the high seas, dictator to all of the Far Far Away East, breif runner in the gangs of new york, and also was a temp for a week at the law firm of Bender, Bender, Spiendle, and Ricktor!

I have come to liberate you from the tyranny of the aristocratic senate! The Jedi order shall rule... wait wrong movie... where was I... right right, no longer shall your voices be ignored! No longer shall your stomaches ache with the pains of hunger and disease! No longer shall merchants charge an arm and a leg for snowcones! From now on... every Slyday shall be Two for one arm Snow Cone Day!

Also a warning! Do not oppose the will of the people and the Gods! For all mischeif and wrongdoings shall be looked upon as if it were a hairy bug! disgusting and unimaginable! All transgressors shall be rounded up and thrown into the colliseum to fight to the death for my amuesment... WAIT... Sorry, overspoke. I meant for the people's amuesment!

*bows*

Now back on topic...
hammer wrote:Yes, I had a higher overthrow percentage. Thought I should use it while I had the chance.
Why did you have a higher percentage?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:13 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Welcome korlash. May you find many mafia members....

Even more off-topic: Your name had me confused for a while because it sounded so familiar, your avatar made me realise why :P

On-topic now:

The "im going to drop my protection" thing cali did might have just been a trap or something like that, with him hoping the mafia would use their nightkill on him. No towny dictator would willingly sacrifice a confirmed townys protection (I bet he saw himself as confirmed) if this protection has no drawbacks, no matter how stupid this towny may have been.
Well unless he thought he was so suspicious that he would get lynched, so by getting himself killed wed have another lynch... But he didnt seem suspicious at all to me and not to any of you as far as I can tell. So that would be very strange.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Korlash »

well 2 things. 1) Whether he thought of himself as confirmed or not he KNEW he was town. So he knew 100% taking protection would have been protecting a townie. I'm going to go reread this post where he said what he said to see if I can draw any different conclusions.

2) Unless I'm mistaken we don't lynch. And as he was the dictator at the time I don't see how he would be worried of being exicuted. the only thing that might support anything on this line of thought was that he may have felt responcible for the death of the doctor. That could mean he had some guilty feelings. Still... I personally think this would have lead him to take the portection because if he was feelign guilty about killing the doc then I find it hard to believe he would send the police to kill someone else.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Korlash wrote:well 2 things. 1) Whether he thought of himself as confirmed or not he KNEW he was town. So he knew 100% taking protection would have been protecting a townie.
Thats exactly what I ment... Confirmed as in confirmed for himself not as in confirmed for the town.
2) Unless I'm mistaken we don't lynch. And as he was the dictator at the time I don't see how he would be worried of being exicuted. the only thing that might support anything on this line of thought was that he may have felt responcible for the death of the doctor. That could mean he had some guilty feelings. Still... I personally think this would have lead him to take the portection because if he was feelign guilty about killing the doc then I find it hard to believe he would send the police to kill someone else.
Well yes executed ofcourse (this game confuses me :P) . But we were thinking of this rotation system (did we agree on that ?) and he said he was going to abdicate so another dictator would have likely ruled today. So he could have been executed, but on the other hand... I Doubt a dictator that has just been granted power by another player would execute the one that gave him this power....

Anyways, all reasonings for ways that dont involve killing through protection seem pretty shallow to me. If it even matters how this kill was done, I think its the best way to assume its this method.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Korlash »

I still like to plan and worry about the WCS. And that would be there are 2 killing forces and one of them is able to overide the vest.

Granted Occam's Razor suggests otherwise, but there was no rule 10 when Occam first bought that thing...

Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Korlash wrote: Now back on topic...
hammer wrote:Yes, I had a higher overthrow percentage. Thought I should use it while I had the chance.
Why did you have a higher percentage?
It's part of my role.

Jebus is still my main subject and will be close to execution, unless someone puts forward a better argument for someone else.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Moratorium »

Jebus wrote: Jebus is still my main subject and will be
close to execution
, unless someone puts forward a better argument for someone else.
:? 19 days before deadline, why are you trying to rush this through? Discussion is pro-town.

I'd still like to hear responses to this:
Moratorium wrote: Also, am I reading this correctly that the case against Jebus boils down to "trading 1:1 town:scum is always/never/sometimes good/bad", and that there are no other elements to it? (I'm reserving judgement until someone can actually confirm this for me one way or the other).
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Jebus »

Der Hammer wrote:
Korlash wrote:Jebus is still my main subject and will be close to execution, unless someone puts forward a better argument for someone else.
I've got one. You overthrew without explaining yourself further than saying "Just a bad feeling", and you seem to be trying to rush today.

I'd overthrow you myself, but mine was stolen. Is that, by chance, why you've got a higher chance of successful overthrow?

And respond to this:
Moratorium wrote: Also, am I reading this correctly that the case against Jebus boils down to "trading 1:1 town:scum is always/never/sometimes good/bad", and that there are no other elements to it? (I'm reserving judgement until someone can actually confirm this for me one way or the other).
I'd really love to hear this.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Jebus »

EDIT-Post: The first quote has nothing to do with Korlash, that was an unfortunate copypasta error >.<
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Jebus »

EDIT-EDIT: The overthrow without explanation within 24 hours of the start of day, is what it should say.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Korlash »

Huh... I think my last post got deleted... >.> Wish I could remember what I said...

Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Moratorium »

Well I remember what you said. You said you were uneasy about Der Hammer being the dictator considering that Jebus stated he had lost the ability to overthrow, where as Der Hammer apparently gained more ability to overthrow.

At which point I quoted myself:
And said "I'm still reserving judgement what with the site crashes, as I want to hear more from both sides, but
unease
is exactly the word I was looking for."

Then some elves arrived.. a dishwasher started running.. an ambulance siren..

..it got foggy..

I might be a little hazy on the ending.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Occam »

Mod Edit: Dead men tell no tales.
Slice.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Occam wrote:
overthrow
There are two things wrong with this and both of them are it.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Occam »

Mod Edit: Dead men tell no tales
Slice.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:52 am

Post by Jebus »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Occam, Saddam Hussein, Protown Vanilla Townie, Shot to Death Night 1
That's what's wrong.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Moratorium »

The site crash didn't erase you dying, Occam.

:lol:
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Occam »

Damn it.

/wrist.

OK, problem fixed.
Slice.