Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm can't be the SK. Humscumter and RandomGem were inactive during the periods when night kills occurred.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm can't be the SK. Clockwork Ruse can't be the SK because militant blocked him night 2 and there was a kill. Militant can't be the SK because a kill occurred night two and he used his jailkeeper role (despite the absurdity of a jailkeeper SK anyway). I don't think EA could possibly be the SK based on his tracker claim on me (doesn't make sense for a SK to throw himself away like that).

Since I know I'm not the SK, that means the serial killer is one of:

Springlullaby, Huntress, Crywolf. If Springlullaby is telling the truth about her role, then I doubt she is SK (keeping players alive is anti-SK). Crywolf I'm leaning town by nature of her vanilla counterclaim nonsense on Gremwell. Thus, I'd say Huntress is probably the SK.

As for cult, definitely EA. Maybe clockwork, but I'm not fully sold to that yet. I think it's possible that EA is actually a mafia roleblocker, which would make Clockwork's claim more believable.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Huntress »

Springlullaby wrote:Now all this is working on the assumption that a cult exists, and this assumption needs to be examined: it is only Clockworkruse's word that made us aware of it.
This is a good point. And it raises another question. Wouldn't Militant's action on night two have blocked any recruitment attempt on Clockwork? How could he be recruited if he was shut in the brig for the night?

Goatrevolt wrote:Townies never have inconsistencies like this. You know why? Because they are town and they play to better the town. When you look through their actions, you see that they all make sense from the perspective of someone out to win for the town.
If only it were that easy!

Springlullaby wrote:Xtoxm, what is your rolename? You actually never claimed it and that I don't like. Same for huntress. And what about the marline spike?
My rolename is "sailor" as stated in post 378. I assume the marline spike is just a bit of flavour, a tool of the trade (it's used for repairing rigging etc.).

Goatrevolt wrote:Xtoxm can't be the SK. Humscumter and RandomGem were inactive during the periods when night kills occurred.

Humscunter could easily have been around the first night and according to the mod, RandomGem replaced in at the
beginning
of the second night. I think it's unlikely that Xtoxm is the SK but you can't rule him out on these grounds.
Goatrevolt wrote:Clockwork Ruse can't be the SK because militant blocked him night 2 and there was a kill. Militant can't be the SK because a kill occurred night two and he used his jailkeeper role (despite the absurdity of a jailkeeper SK anyway). I don't think EA could possibly be the SK based on his tracker claim on me (doesn't make sense for a SK to throw himself away like that).
I agree with this, there would be too much collusion required, unless the cult had managed to recruit the SK, if that's even possible.
Goatrevolt wrote:If Springlullaby is telling the truth about her role, then I doubt she is SK (keeping players alive is anti-SK).

If Springlullaby is telling the truth then she obviously isn't the SK but what is making you think she's not lying?
Goatrevolt wrote:Crywolf I'm leaning town by nature of her vanilla counterclaim nonsense on Gremwell.
I want to hear a lot more from Crywolf. It's odd that we have three vanilla sailors but just one powder monkey.

I'm reasonably confident Goat isn't mafia/cult - or if he is then he's doing a very good job of it - but I see a strong possibility of him being the SK.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Huntress, what do you think about my points against EA? You've avoided really taking a stance here.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Huntress wrote:This is a good point. And it raises another question. Wouldn't Militant's action on night two have blocked any recruitment attempt on Clockwork? How could he be recruited if he was shut in the brig for the night?
According to Militant's claim, his role only prevents night kill attempts.
Huntress wrote:If only it were that easy!
It is that easy. Townies at least try to win for the town. Their actions are generally defensible because they can explain why they would act the way they did. EA has literally no defensible reason why he wouldn't claim his information yesterday. Therefore, it stands to reason he is lying.
Huntress wrote:If Springlullaby is telling the truth then she obviously isn't the SK but what is making you think she's not lying?
I really have no way of knowing. I'm merely guessing she's telling the truth based on the fact that governor isn't exactly a role you can "fake." I'd be surprised if she claimed a role she has no way of possibly backing up.
Huntress wrote:I want to hear a lot more from Crywolf. It's odd that we have three vanilla sailors but just one powder monkey.
It's worth looking at.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

WOW. I can't believe I didn't even consider this. I used this information to clear Xtoxm, but I didn't even think about doing it for myself. I almost feel bad for metagaming like this, but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to clear myself.

Potates last post on mafia scum was his random vote at the very beginning of the game. He hasn't posted on the site since then. It's fairly safe to assume he didn't come back. I didn't replace in until midway through day 2. How could I have made the kill night 1 if I was the serial killer? Do you think Potates makes a random vote, disappears from Mafia Scum, then out of the blue reappears to make a night kill, then again disappears, never to be seen again? There's basically no chance of this happening.

So there you have it. I don't make sense as the serial killer. Now can we please kill EA.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by militant »

Goatrevolt wrote:Militant/Crywolf: Where are you? We have 6 days until deadline. Either me or EA needs to be lynched by then.
Good Question, I just re read and am up to date now I think.

Unvote
. Everything got a lot more complicated now :P
Goatrevolt wrote:
Huntress wrote:This is a good point. And it raises another question. Wouldn't Militant's action on night two have blocked any recruitment attempt on Clockwork? How could he be recruited if he was shut in the brig for the night?
According to Militant's claim, his role only prevents night kill attempts
That's what my role says, it will protect my target from night kill but there is absolutely no mention of recruitment at all.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote

I can see Huntress being scum.

I guess it looks like EA is scum too...

Well, yes, we know the same person made the 2 kills.

Hmm.
Vote EA
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Ythill »

The Tally

2 ~ Erratus Apathos (Goatrevolt, Xtoxm)
1 ~ Goatrevolt (Erratus Apothos)
1 ~ Springlullaby (Huntress)

Not voting: crywolf20084, springlullaby, ClockworkRuse, militant.

D4 Prods: Goatrevolt (1); Militant (1); Xtoxm (1).
Overall Prods: Huntress (1); springlullaby (1); militant (2); crywolf20084 (1).
Automatic deadline: Friday, January 9 at 14:00 MST (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Guys, I think today it has to be either Goat or EA, one has to be scum, and we can't leave this hanging around.

I think it's fair to say most of you don't check in frequently, so i'd like to get opinions and the lynch sorted early rather another deadline scramble, as I can only see that ending in another NL, and we really can't afford that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Huntress »

Goatrevolt wrote:Huntress, what do you think about my points against EA? You've avoided really taking a stance here.

As I said in post 416 I want to do a partial re-read in which I will include that so I haven't looked too closely at it yet, apart from checking to see if there was anything I had to respond to immediately. My RL routine gets back to normal tomorrow so I'll be able to do it then, if not later today(RL), together with a summary of my current suspicions.
Goatrevolt wrote:WOW. I can't believe I didn't even consider this. I used this information to clear Xtoxm, but I didn't even think about doing it for myself. I almost feel bad for metagaming like this, but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to clear myself.

Potates last post on mafia scum was his random vote at the very beginning of the game. He hasn't posted on the site since then. It's fairly safe to assume he didn't come back. I didn't replace in until midway through day 2. How could I have made the kill night 1 if I was the serial killer? Do you think Potates makes a random vote, disappears from Mafia Scum, then out of the blue reappears to make a night kill, then again disappears, never to be seen again? There's basically no chance of this happening.
Looking at Potates posting history, he actually does seem to have a habit of disappearing and reappearing. Taken with the fact that night fell less than four days after his last post he could well have been around to send in a night kill if he had one. So we certainly can't rule you out on that basis.

Xtoxm wrote:Unvote

I can see Huntress being scum.

I guess it looks like EA is scum too...

Well, yes, we know the same person made the 2 kills.

Hmm. Vote EA
Reasons? What changed your mind about EA? And when you said "the same person", did you actually mean the same person or did you mean the same role?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'd like an answer from crywolf.

Posting better latter.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Grr. Way to ignore my request, guys.

Can you all make your votes in your next posts, please? We only got like 3 days.

Anyway, here is my proof for EA being scum:

First, I need to make some assumptions. I think they are fair.
Assumption #1: Neither Goat or EA would lie as town.
Assumption #2: Potates did not return after his one post.
Assumption #3: Goat would not be targetting his scumbuddy.

EA's claim: Goat targetted Jebus on N2.
Goat denies this. So one of the two must be scum, by #1. By #3, this makes EA's claim equivalent to calling Goat SK, whom I have infomation killed Jebus on N2. I also have imfomation that this same SK (the role) killed Tekkactus on N1. By #2, we have a contradiction, as there was no-one around to submit this kill.

By #1 again, this makes EA scum.
QED

My third assumption may not be readily accepted by everyone, but I am happy to believe that someone new to the site who only makes one post, does not return to submit an action 4 days later and disappear again. That's not what flaking newbies do.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 am

Post by militant »

Now you simplify it like that it's easier to understand for a simpleton like me :P

Your logic seems satifactory and another no lynch would be horrid so:

Vote EA
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

I'm here. So sorry guys.

I feel the need to
Vote: EA
for many reasons, most of which has been stated.

Post on reasons coming shortly.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Ythill »

The Tally

4 ~ Erratus Apathos (Goatrevolt, Xtoxm, militant, crywolf20084)
1 ~ Goatrevolt (Erratus Apothos)

Not voting: springlullaby, ClockworkRuse.

D4 Prods: Goatrevolt (1); Militant (1); Xtoxm (1).
Overall Prods: Huntress (1); springlullaby (1); militant (2); crywolf20084 (1).
Automatic deadline: Friday, January 9 at 14:00 MST (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Huntress wrote:So we certainly can't rule you out on that basis.
It's possible Potates came back and submitted a night action and then completely disappeared again. It's far more likely that he simply didn't return. If you're working strictly on what could be possible, then you can't rule anyone out. I could create a scenario where anyone in this game
could
be the serial killer. If you're working under what makes sense or is likely, then you can rule me out, because the likelihood of Potates actually making a night 1 kill is really low.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Tbh I think Huntress is the SK and doesn't want another person cleared of it. It's either her ot Wolf at this point.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:Tbh I think Huntress is the SK and doesn't want another person cleared of it. It's either her ot Wolf at this point.
I'm thinking the same thing (Huntress, not Crywolf).

One thing to note is that EA claimed to track Huntress doing nothing last night. If Huntress is actually the SK, then EA's lie protected her. That might explain her unwillingness to lynch EA today. She would have known EA was lying. If I get lynched today, then EA gets lynched tomorrow and that's an extra day people aren't hunting for the SK.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

With me last breath, I swear on the Jolly Roger that yer all wenches!

Unvote
Vote: EA
Do you want your possessions identified?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Ythill »

That's the hammer. Flavor, reveal, and night action deadline will be posted this evening.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Ythill »

Just over two weeks you’ve been at high sea, not an islet in sight. Out here, the vast, misty blue is like a desert. There are no ports, no gulls. The vista is impossibly flat; the night sky, a sparkling ebony globe.

The watch started like most. There were accusations and arguments but then wiser voices called out for the men to speak about themselves, their roles onboard the ship. As salty dogs took turns re-introducing themselves, one thought he had heard a lie. He argued with the liar. Others joined the conversation which, empowered by many voices, quickly became a chant for the noose.

Erratus was seized and carried to the castle. The chanting crowd wrapped the captain’s hanging rope around the boatswain’s corded neck and, with the push of many hands, send him to his end. The impact at the end of the rope was enough to break his neck and his tool belt; Erratus’ hammer clattered to the deck before a silent and satisfied crowd.

“It’s about time,” Morgan growled from the wheel. His voice was harsh as always but, when you turn to look at him, you see that he is smiling.

The boatswain (Erratus Apathos) has been slain. He was mutinous scum.
Night actions are due by Sunday, January 11, at 21:00 MST (GMT -7).

The Final Tally

5 ~ Erratus Apathos (Goatrevolt, Xtoxm, militant, crywolf20084, Erratus Apathos)

Not voting: springlullaby, ClockworkRuse.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Ythill »

You awaken to a hoarse cry from below decks, followed by a string of swears. Morgan’s voice is as unmistakable as his ire. You drop out of your bunk and quickly climb to the deck, arriving just in time to see the captain drag a body out of the aft stairwell.

“Oh just keep yer britches on!” Morgan spits in response to your impatient stares. He turns on his heel and disappears back into the stairwell. Long moments pass but eventually, to the raspy tune of his own grunts, the captain reemerges. He’s dragging a second body, this one a female. Once Morgan has dropped the second corpse next to the first, he places a boot on the pile and addresses you all.

“Aaaaarrrrrgggggh! Me bets yer lilly brains are aswim wit questions. I say they be the same questions on me tongue. Just when we thinks we’re getting’ one up on the mutineers, they greets us with a double-death for g’mornin’. I don’t know what’s afoot ‘ere mates, but I kin count, an’ I’m seein’ so few men left wit breath in their lungs, we kin hardly man the lines.”

“So gets ye ta hangin’ before the Scum becomes a ghost ship!”

The quartermaster (militant) has been slain. He was loyal to the captain.
A powder monkey (crywolf20084) has been slain. She was indifferent to ship politics.
The fifth watch begins! With five alive, it takes three to lynch.
Automatic deadline: Monday, January 26, at 23:00 MST (GMT-7).

I will be on the road for the next 2-3 weeks and will have very limited access. I'll be sure to find a library or coffee shop and check in every three days or so. Please respect the activity guidelines and realize that you may have to bear with a long twilight, depending on the timing of the lynch.

Thanks for understanding.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Confuzzled.

CR, anything?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Given how Goat and I expressed our suspicion yesterday, I would have hoped he blocked Huntress last night...Do you think this is a fair assumption?

Thing is, that would kinda clear Huntress, which would beg the question, "who the hell is scum?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”