Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Huntress »

Green Crayons wrote:
Huntress wrote:My re-read of Jahudo hasn't changed much apart from lessening my suspicion of Incognito.
I didn't catch your initial impressions of Jahundo that didn't change apart from a lessening of suspicion of Incognito. Where might I be able to find them?
I was saying here that my re-read of Jahudo hadn't changed much of my views of other players, not of Jahudo himself, whom I had thought was town apart from the comments I made in posts 646 and 656.

@ Iceman: What makes you choose to boost Raging Rabbit rather than the other players?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

icemanE wrote:
boost: RR
Why me? Aren't you the least bit concerned about my vote on you?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by eldarad »

OK, so Iceman is acting weird...

I don't get why he is trying so hard to make the choice so black and white (me or RR). So I'll echo the questions of RR and Huntress...why? and why do you thing RR is town? Why do you think he is voting you?

What makes you think that RR's vote for you comes from a townie?
RR wrote:Yes, those are elements of WIFOM. Which is why I tried to relay on them as little as I could, and based my read (which I'm by no means sure of) mostly on gut, some of her attempts at scumhunting, and a solid town read from her first post.
But all of those elements are important, and you
must
have considered them as part of your read on Electra. You can pretend as much as you like, but calling my analysis as invalid due to WIFOM rings hollow - you're just denying reality because you think it is the right thing to say.
RR wrote:Voting me for this is possibly more far fetched than your "order of town reads" attack on iLord, and looks to me like a form of the recently discussed preemtive OMGUS.
Given that I had never heard of pre-emptive OMGUS until this game, perhaps you would be so good as to explain, in a reasonable amount of detail, what pre-emptive OMGUS is as applied to this particular situation, and how my vote fits into it.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

eldarad wrote:But all of those elements are important, and you must have considered them as part of your read on Electra. You can pretend as much as you like, but calling my analysis as invalid due to WIFOM rings hollow - you're just denying reality because you think it is the right thing to say.
I considered them, failed to draw a definitive conclusion, and opted to relay on other things. You went for a WIFOM argument that derives from a false assumption to boot (i.e the information being realisticly testable). The false assumption is what gets me most here, actually.
eldarad wrote:Given that I had never heard of pre-emptive OMGUS until this game, perhaps you would be so good as to explain, in a reasonable amount of detail, what pre-emptive OMGUS is as applied to this particular situation, and how my vote fits into it.
I expressed suspicion of you, but voted Iceman. You decided attacking me back is the way to go, and to make your attack look like it isn't OMGUS decided to do so before I actively started pushing for your lynch. You therefore came up with a contrived case on me to base your vote of.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Sorry that I've been away from this game for a bit. I've kinda been waiting for some kind of response from sthar8 who's seemed to vanish from MS completely.

icemanE, can you write up some kind of player by player summary? I, too, am curious as to why you chose to boost Raging Rabbit when previously you seemed to make it seem like you were choosing between him and eldarad as far as who's town and who's scum. Also, I don't believe you answered this previous question from me:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Elmo has informed me that his computer is probably giving up on him, so I'll be starting the search for a couple of replacements. If either Electra or sthar return before I've found replacements, they can stay.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #3 - Lynching

Huntress <- sthar8
sthar8 <- Incognito
icemanE <- Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit <- eldarad

Not voting: Electra, Green Crayons, TDC, Huntress, icemanE.

Boost Count

Incognito (4) <- eldarad, Raging Rabbit, Green Crayons, TDC
TDC (2) <- Raging Rabbit, sthar8
Raging Rabbit (2) <- Incognito, icemanE
eldarad <- TDC
Electra <- Green Crayons

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch/boost. TDC and Green Crayons have been prodded. My computer has now died, so my access will be a bit shaky; might be better to ask Patrick if you need something.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:32 am

Post by TDC »

I'm still waiting for responses/replacements actually.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

This day is really disappointing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

vote: iceman

I understand that after mass holiday/vacation times there can be definite lag in terms of a game bouncing back to its previous vitality. However, iceman has shown that he is not only around and available to post (by doing so), but that he is able to make some sort of commentary on what's going on (so it appears that he's read at least some part of the thread).

What really gets me, though, is his 783. It's a post with a minimal amount of game discussion that just reeks of appeasement. A sort of bone he was throwing to the town just to get us to shut up and stop pestering him. As of now, this vote is simply some pressure to get him to actually contribute something more meaningful than a half-hearted attempt and an unexplained boost. His previous play has been less than stellar and questionable, but for the moment this vote is simply here to get him to do something other than feign involvement.

pre-post edit: Oh, I've been prodded. Neat. Well, here I am.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Patrick »

Actively looking for those replacements, for anyone who was wondering.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Huntress »

I've been held up by other games with deadlines but I should be able to finish my re-read of Eldarad shortly. In the meantime there's no reason not to go ahead and vote for him.

Vote: Eldarad
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Patrick »

Many thanks to vollkan, who henceforth replaces Electra.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hi everyone.

Unvote
, if necessary. I will read up in full shortly.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Hullo vollkan, welcome in. Lets finally get things moving.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:42 am

Post by TDC »

Hi vollkan.
Do you need to get boosted again?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Post by vollkan »

@TDC:

I'm not sure I understand your question. I haven't read anything suggesting I "need" to be boosted again...

I've already checked Electra's posts and I see that she has, quite rightly, made public the information that the N1 boost gave her, if that was what you meant.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

vollkan: Would boosting you a second time reveal any more additional information, or are you already slotted to continue to receive information; also, if we boost you a second time do you know if any of this additional information might be more valuable to the town? Etc, etc... would boosting you a second time produce more/valuable information?

And going through a reread I'm not happy with an Eld vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:48 am

Post by TDC »

vollkan wrote:@TDC:

I'm not sure I understand your question. I haven't read anything suggesting I "need" to be boosted again...

I've already checked Electra's posts and I see that she has, quite rightly, made public the information that the N1 boost gave her, if that was what you meant.
My question is whether if you're not boosted again you will receive new information anyway.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:58 am

Post by vollkan »

Oh I see.

Well, my role PM says that boosts will give me information. Nothing I have received suggests that any information I gain from future boosts will be more useful than that which Electra has given already (ie. general setup information).
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 am

Post by icemanE »

unboost

boost: incog

5 to boost, eh? Well, I'm OK with an incog boost.

I know I haven't done a whole lot this game. It's just been tough lately. I will try.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You have two boosts. You can boost both incog
and
RR. Well, now you have one because Incog has been officially boosted for today, but even still these choices are not mutually exclusive. You can still boost RR.

You never said why you wanted to boost RR. As it stands, you've yet to explain why you boosted incog. I could assume it's because you read the thread and liked what incog had to say, but in all honesty I feel that it just might be because he has the most boost votes at the moment.

I'm still comfortable with a vollk secondary boost. At best we'll get really useful information because he's town. Alternatively, at best we'll have another chance to catch him in a lie because he's scum (not too keen on this being a possibility, but the chance still exists). At worst we'll get semi-useless information, but the negative impact this would have would be mitigated by the fact that the boost was "wasted" early in the game, as opposed to a late-night choice where we might be forced to boost him because he's one of the remaining un-suspicious players yet to be boosted twice.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

The more Iceman posts, the more I want to lynch him. Responding to the questions about his boost on me by unboosting me and going for the most popular choice without further explanation is so scummy I'd want him lynced now even if it wasn't for his link with Jahudo.

I think I'd prefer if our second boost was TDC, but vollk a viable option as well.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 am

Post by eldarad »

Just checking in. I see Huntress' vote, and also note her reason - "I haven't finished the re-read of Eldarad - that was originally promised some time in early December - but I'll vote anyway."

Hi vollkan.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:29 am

Post by icemanE »

@RR - can you give me a reason I shouldn't boost you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”