Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 162 wrote:You are quick to get to conclusions when not even the half of people are posting here, arent you, Ti?
Do I really have to be so pedantic?
Based on the information we have so far,
these are my conclusions.
tajo 162 wrote:We have 2 probs here.
The first one is that scum did get the note.
The second one is that scum didnt get the note.
How the confirmation of one can prove Im scum?
If not, you're obviously covering for someone (hp) who didn't catch on to what the note said.

Isn't Ti a drink with jam and bread?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi wrote:
populartajo 162 wrote:You are quick to get to conclusions when not even the half of people are posting here, arent you, Ti?
Okay. Then dont come up and post things like people that are good to lynch this early.
Vi wrote:If not, you're obviously covering for someone (hp) who didn't catch on to what the note said.
And this makes sense how?
Vi wrote:Isn't Ti a drink with jam and bread?
I dont know, Ti.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 am

Post by populartajo »

Fixing my taggy tags.
populartajo wrote:
Vi wrote:
Okay. Then dont come up and post things like people that are good to lynch this early.
Vi wrote:If not, you're obviously covering for someone (hp) who didn't catch on to what the note said.
And this makes sense how?
Vi wrote:Isn't Ti a drink with jam and bread?
I dont know, Ti.
Call me Tajo.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Natirasha »

"Screw the Money, I have rules."

As a hint, unvoting is generally a good(and required) thing.

Prodding Stef. As this is his second prod, he gets an Official Warning and 3 Rules Infractions.
HP [leaves], forbiddanlight, and malthusis are all being prodded also.
Finally, if your name is not Vi or forbiddanlight and you want to replace into my just-started Large Normal, just ask.

[quote="The Eighth Vote Count AKA The "Rich Bastards are Rich" Vote Count"]Vote Count
Natirasha(1): forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight(0):
hp [leaves](2): veerus, MafiaSSK
illumina(1): Kairyuu
Kairyuu(1): Illumina
Kinetic(0):
MafiaSSK(0):
populartajo(1): Vi
Spambot(0):
Stef(0):
Tarhalindur(0):
veerus(2): Tarhalindur, populartajo
Vi (0):
Battle Mage(0):

FoS Count
Natirasha(1): forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight(0):
hp [leaves](0):
illumina(1): Kairyuu
Kairyuu(1): hp [leaves]
Kinetic(0):
MafiaSSK(0):
populartajo(2): veerus, Kinetic
Spambot(0):
Stef(0):
Tarhalindur(0):
veerus(0):
Vi (0):
fluffy bunnies(1): Tarhalindur
Floofy bunnies(1): MafiaSSK
lol I am arguing with myself(0):
Poofy Bunnies with Big Floppy Ears(1): Vi[/quote]
Last edited by Natirasha on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:45 am

Post by populartajo »

Why are you people fosing ridiculous things?
Call me Tajo.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Illumina wrote:Kairyuu: Trust me, I could refute your points for another couple pages -- but when it comes down to it, we're butting heads on a single issue, and inundating the thread with our debate probably isn't going to be helpful. Our points have pretty much been laid out, you're not asking any new questions. I see where you're coming from, though: so I'll restate what I've already said. [insert my earlier argument here]
Okay, let's take a close look at this. First, Illumina is trying to shut down Kairyuu's questioning, which is technically evasion. This is, of course, a scumtell, but I'm trying some new techniques this game (causation analysis), so let's delve into the possibilities of WHY Illumina is trying to shut down debate.

Is there a potential pro-town rationale for avoiding debate in addition to the obvious scum one? Yes - a town player may feel that they have answered all questions posed to them to the best of their ability.

Does Illumina appear to be shutting down debate for that reason? Yes on the surface, not if you read between the lines. There are two reasons that Illumina is explicitly using to request avoiding debate with Kairyuu: "it won't be helpful" and "you have no new arguments" (implying that he(?) thinks that he has satisfactorily answered Kairyuu's questions). Let's take a closer look here:

"It won't be helpful" - This argument looks scummy to me, for two reasons. One, it's a wrong conclusion using generally accepted Mafia theory - general thought is that discussion helps the town by forcing scum to commit to positions. Second, the mindset I'm reading from this is "go away, I don't want to have to commit the time to rebut your arguments", which is NOT a pro-town mindset - rather, it's a mindset I would expect more in scum trying to fly under the radar.

"You have no new arguments" - This is pricking my scumdar on three levels. First, the very fact that Illumina chose to use "you have no new arguments" rather than "I feel I have answered your arguments" suggests a level of contempt for Kairyuu's case, which in the method I'm trying out is a scum mindset. Second, I don't see any frustration in Illumina's post when I would expect a town player who feels that they have answered all points against them to be very frustrated when those points keep getting brought up. That suggests that
Illumina's indication that she has answered all of Kairyuu's arguments is insincere
, which, if true, negates the possibility of Illumina's defense being justified by a town mindset. Third, note the placement of the "I see where you're coming from, though: so I'll restate what I've already said." at the end of the sentence. I'm reading that as a naked attempt to try to avoid a fight (and therefore scrutiny) - and THAT is NOT a town mindset [/quote]
Vi: You're just prejudiced because I won =P. Honestly, though, your points are reasonable, especially since my debate with Kairyuu has stalled.
Null tell - I could see town or scum admitting that another player has good points on them if they thought that was the best form of defense.
So here's my take on things so far.

I find it plausible that Veerus assumed the presence of safeclaims. It could have been a slip on his part, sure, but I had a safeclaim in my last game run by Nat, and it seems like Veerus had similar experience in past Mind Screw games. I can see why people caught on to it, because it seems like a good tell -- but I'm assuming the presence of safeclaims too, until proven otherwise. So it's noteworthy, but a fairly neutral tell in my book.
Again, doesn't look town to me. Note the sheer number of weasely words and phrases in this post - "It could have been a slip on his part, sure"; "I can see why people caught on to it"; "So it's noteworthy, but a fairly neutral tell in my book", etc. That doesn't read like genuine town indecision (especially since, in my experience, town leans toward one side of the issue when they aren't sure) - I'm seeing the mindset of scum trying to avoid taking a position (which they can be attacked for if said position is unpopular) and leaving themself an option to take whichever side of the argument becomes more popular later.

Note: This *could* also indicate a mindset of trying to keep a partner away from pressure subtly, so as not to get called on it if/when he comes up scum...
hp[leaves] is an interesting situation. It's not totally unreasonable that the note was randomly distributed, but it's interesting that no one (presumably town-aligned) has admitted to also not having it from the start. I also tend to doubt that he suddenly thought to check it, although I'm not discounting that as a possibility.
Again, note the sheer weaseliness and refusal to take sides on hp [leaves] - "not totally unreasonable", "interesting", "tend to doubt", "not discounting that as a possibility". There's two clear mindsets I'm seeing here": not wanting to be pinned down to a positions, and not wanting to pick a fight. Wait, no, there's a third: not wanting to scumhunt. I DO NOT see town taking this kind of position.
My initial impression of the debate between tajo and Vi seems like two townies fighting, but I'll be taking a closer look at that.
AGAIN, playing both sides. AGAIN, the probable mindsets are "avoid being pinned down" and "avoid fights".
I'm also unsatisfied with MSSK's reasoning. Specifically, his take on hp, the scuffle between Kairyuu and I, and the argument between populartajo and Vi. MSSK: pick two of those and tell me what you think, with at least four sentences for each.
This doesn't feel like genuine interest in MafiaSSK's actions - it could be, but I don't think so. Note the use of the word "unsatisfied" and the lack of specificity about WHICH PARTS of MSSK's reasoning don't satisfy him.

The mindset I'm seeing here is, instead, is a combination of asking questions to simulate scumhunting (implying a desire not to get caught not scumhunting) and trying to draw attention to MafiaSSK in the hopes that he will be lynched (not quite as sure about the latter). Neither of those comes from a pro-town mindset.

But then, given this post I don't think that Illumina is playing from a pro-town standpoint.

Unvote, Vote: Illumina
UnFoS, FoS: Illumina
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vi wrote:
@SSK: Why shouldn't I vote you?
Why should you vote me?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Vi:
At this point Kairyuu is justifying beating a dead horse (and attempting to put it in a noose) with playstyle.
Really? So have I called for a wagon? Sure, I would like Illumina lynched at this point in time, but it's only page 7, so there should still be plenty of discussion for me to initiate and comment on that may sway my position.

Also, if you don't believe me about my playstyle, look at Newbie 661, Mini Normal 682: C9++, and (this one is currently running) Mini Theme 713: Wheel of Time Mafia. These are all games where I got into large scale debates as a method of scumhunting.
This is effectively what he's saying here <snip> "I would agree that this is over nothing, BUT for the sake of argument, let's assume I don't."
Do not put words in my mouth. My point was not that, it was that 1. I scumhunt through argument the most effectively. 2. Illumina has been trapped in his/her own arguments, and needs to actually respond to my points about that instead of just "I didn't do it." The argument is not over, and his/her backing down seems scummy to me. I explained several reasons why there is no reason to cut off the argument before it is done.
Something I saw while I was rereading. I don't see how this makes sense now that (presumably) we know what the information is.
My assumption at that point was that The person I was looking for had information that I was looking for them as well. As the person who suggested the origin claim in the first place, I considered that Tar was the most likely to be that person, and that he was trying a countermeasure. Obviously I was wrong.
You're going waaaaaaay too soft on SSK here. Promise everything, deliver nothing, etc.
I have never played with him before, so if he says he will try, then I assume he will follow through.

Please explain your entire case against me, so that I may alleviate what worries I can of yours.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So um...yeah...I'm here, it's just there is a lot of speculation going on and I'm bored with it. I really haven't found any good conversation pieces to jump in on :S...and now I see apparently Kairyuu is suspected. I agree with his asking of why :S.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by veerus »

Vi wrote:1) veerus (58) for what it's worth.
Technically Tar was the first to bring up Half-Life.. I just confirmed it.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Illumina »

Vi: no, I've had the note from the start -- Kairyuu called me out on fosing him earlier in the game, due to how I read one his posts. That's what all this is about.

The fact that Kairyuu wants to lynch me based on this way overdrawn argument is starting to become exasperating.
I am not trapped in any argument.
I've said this before, and I love how Tar doesn't think I'm frustrated enough. Just because I'm not swearing or getting as snippy as tajo does not mean I'm not frustrated. If Kairyuu wants to continue his stance, its for the rest of the town to decide if it has any merit.

Tar: ??? I know Kairyuu's argument is frivolous. Do you really want the thread getting bogged down with the two of us repeating
the same things
over and over? Kairyuu asks something new, I'm all over it. All he's been doing is repeating his logic over and over, parroting that how I read his post was impossible.

And sorry, but the particulars of my dissatisfaction with MSSK should be pretty obvious: he's dodging and refusing to contribute anything. Me saying "I'm dissatisfied with MSSK's lack of content" rather than "I'm not impressed with MSSK" goes without saying, and is a little on the pedantic side. Why are you reading that as a scum tell?

Unfortunately, hp not responding lately and MSSK's refusal to participate makes this the only issue I can really respond to (besides the argument between Vi and tajo, which I still hold the same stance on for now. Vi: assuming tajo wanted to try and confirm people using a different approach, how would that be advantageous to scum? Is it just the apparant contradiction that makes you suspect him, or is there another element?)
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by malthusis »

I'm really starting that the G-Man note is useless because either A. G-Man is not in this game (What I'm thinking) or B. G-Man is in this game but for obvious reasons isn't going to claim. Also, I doubt having or not having the note has nothing to do with aligment (or very little).
Kai, Ive explained 100 hundred times this and you still think that Im a hypocritical.
Pieces of information that DONT hurt town are TOTALLY DIFFERENT than pieces of information that DO hurt the town. Im criticizing the later, not the former.
Examples of pieces of information that DONT hurt the town are: the name of the ability, what kind of ability it is, its restriction, etc.
Examples of pieces of information that DO hurt the town are: telling the scum what name they shouldnt claim.
This isnt too hard, it is?
Your friend Vi should agree with me in this.
This might be an actually case in a different game, but this is Mind Screw. If you don't know what this is, please re-read the roles and things that happened in the other games.
FoS Populartajo
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Illumina: Hmm. Am I irritating you yet? The more you react the more information the town gets on you, and the more I push the more information the town has on me. Personally, I'm having loads of fun right now, since your reactions are beginning to become predictable.

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to provide the pro-town reason for backing away from the debate (keeping in mind that on a forum like this it is completely possible to carry on multiple discussions at the same time).
I am not trapped in any argument.
Yes you are. :P Now let's try it again, this time with you telling me
why
I'm wrong.
If Kairyuu wants to continue his stance, its for the rest of the town to decide if it has any merit.
Yupyup. I'll keep poking and prodding until they all realize that you are avoiding questions, hiding from the spotlight, and only actually moving to confront once you have support. Too bad I got my own in Tar.

Oh look. It seems to me as if we have our first serious sides taken. Vi is backing you, and Tar is backing me. Now we just need the other 8 players to show up and take a stand. Then I can move on. (Hint: As I've said before, this is why I won't drop it yet)
Kairyuu asks something new, I'm all over it.
Alrighty then.

1. What gender are you? I don't really want to keep saying him/her in reference to you.

2. Why is the sky blue?

3. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

4. Is Vi your scumbuddy?

5. Who are you and your buddies planning to kill? Is it me?

6. Do you like cats?

7. Who is your other scumbuddy? Is it hp [leaves]?

8. What is the molarity of a 92 proof solution of alcohol, assuming that the solution is composed entirely of ethanol and water? Boiling point elevation? Freezing point depression? Vapor pressure of the solution? This test is worth 100 points and counts as 1/3 of your second quarter average.
All he's been doing is repeating his logic over and over, parroting that how I read his post was impossible.
All I've been doing is repeating my logic over and over, parroting that how you read my post is impossible. Oh wait. That's not right. I've brought in other points since then, but they have been pretty much ignored.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Illumina »

I can tell you're having a lot of fun, just be sure to get your facts straight. To repeat myself: you're wrong because you refuse to recognize that I misread your post. You consider that an impossibility, therefore I must be scum. Alternatively, I'm telling you it's true, and it's on the very likely side of the spectrum.

^ That's it. That's what we're fighting about. You're saying I "backed down" like I conceded defeat, but I've rested my case. You're backing away from the debate by refusing to address the core issue above and taking every opportunity to get a lynch wagon started on me with leading language.

Kairyuu, think about this: how many times in an average mafia game do you think people misread posts by mistake?

Moving on...

I'd like to know:
is there anyone who began the game without the note?
If there are any townies who didn't, it might shed more light on hp[leaves].

I also agree with Vi, MSSK ought to be pressured more. As it is, his meta is not helping the town. MSSK: are you sure you don't consider any of the debates going on right now relevant to the game? What's your take?

I'm going to read up on tajo's stance more, and I'll post about it tomorrow morning.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Vi »

I would agree with the above post, BUT Tarhalindur seems to have a compelling reason to avoid doing exactly that.

@Tarhalindur: Is it worth the risk?

-----
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Really? So have I called for a wagon? Sure, I would like Illumina lynched at this point in time, but it's only page 7, so there should still be plenty of discussion for me to initiate and comment on that may sway my position.
"Really" and "So have I called for a wagon" are two separate questions. The first, yes, you are beating a dead horse of an argument. The second, no.
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Do not put words in my mouth.
Even if they're your own words?
Kairyuu 140 wrote:You see, I would agree
[that we have reached an impasse and further debate would be pointless]
, except that my main method of scumhunting is argument.
Kairyuu 170 wrote:2. Illumina has been trapped in his/her own arguments, and needs to actually respond to my points about that instead of just "I didn't do it." The argument is not over, and his/her backing down seems scummy to me. I explained several reasons why there is no reason to cut off the argument before it is done.
And these reasons are "because I like arguments and antagonizing people for personal gain". Which may not be as bad as it sounds if that's your method of getting reactions and scumhunting, but I can imagine it's only slightly more annoying to be subjected to than it is to read given that this is your word against Illumina's. Or am I oversimplifying?

On an almost-related note...
Kairyuu 155 wrote:Ok veerus. Let's think about this for a second. We had people claim that they didn't get the note. These people, much later, decided to rescind that claim. The way that makes sense is if a single scum got the note, and they are allowed to daytalk. Therefore, when the other scum told them exactly what the note was, they knew to rescind their not having it status. The daytalk status plus the strange fipflopping of whether people did or didn't have the role does imply that the scum received the note. Specifically that only one of them did.
And how do you plan to confirm this? This looks incredibly improbable from my point of view - one scum gets the note and has to pass it to the others without anyone noticing? I know Natirasha is a bastard mod, but still.

In addition, if this is the case, then you should have some idea of who that first scum who got the note is, right?
Kairyuu 170 wrote:I have never played with him
[SSK]
before, so if he says he will try, then I assume he will follow through.
lrn2meta
Kairyuu 170 wrote:Please explain your entire case against me, so that I may alleviate what worries I can of yours.
Speaking frankly, I don't have that kind of time IRL. (Yes, I'm aware of how bad it sounds. 'You want to press me on it, you can do my thesis.)
You can alleviate what worries I have by responding to me; I'm low-maintenance like that.

-----
f-light 171 wrote:and now I see apparently Kairyuu is suspected. I agree with his asking of why :S.
Why not?
And how can you get your lips to look like an S? I can't do it.
veerus 172 wrote:Technically Tar was the first to bring up Half-Life.. I just confirmed it.
Tarhalindur 56 wrote:5) Kairyuu is looking for me,I am looking for Kairyuu, Kairyuu is MOD-CONFIRMED non-town (from Half-Life) and looking for me for reasons uncertain.
Ah, I didn't see that.
Illumina 173 wrote:Vi: assuming tajo wanted to try and confirm people using a different approach, how would that be advantageous to scum? Is it just the apparant contradiction that makes you suspect him, or is there another element?
tajo wants to clear people D1 with information in a manner that I'm shooting down as frivolous.
One could also say that outside the info-hunting-clearing-etc., he's not saying much, but tbh it's tough to blame people for that. This game is already bogged down in inactivity. *cough* *prodMod* *cough*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Natirasha »

Alright, alright, I'm going to clear this up now.

I am a player in this game. It should have been obvious from the beginning. That
doesn't
, however, mean that I cannot be a townie. Did you guys actually think that I wouldn't put a red herring in the FaQ. You guys are focusing on the wrong part...

PS: You might want to plan for tomorrow if you insist in killing me, who knows if tomorrow can even exist without the mod...
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why not?
And how can you get your lips to look like an S? I can't do it.
It's apparently an emoticon I personally use that no one else does. It's kinda a "that's iffy" look.

Burden of why is on whoever is suspecting him though.

PS: You might want to plan for tomorrow if you insist in killing me, who knows if tomorrow can even exist without the mod...
Nyeh, that'd suck, but I'm sure we are mature enough to manage. You do have a back up mod I assume.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am

Post by malthusis »

I'm waiting to see what Tar says with his info of killing the mod before I make a judgement on lynching Nat or not.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

malthusis wrote:I'm waiting to see what Tar says with his info of killing the mod before I make a judgement on lynching Nat or not.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Natirasha wrote:Alright, alright, I'm going to clear this up now.

I am a player in this game. It should have been obvious from the beginning. That
doesn't
, however, mean that I cannot be a townie. Did you guys actually think that I wouldn't put a red herring in the FaQ. You guys are focusing on the wrong part...

Sorry, wrong answer, Nat - I seem to recall explicitly explaining why a player-Mod must by necessity be self-aligned. You're not town, and we're getting rid of you at some point.

The problem is, I was explicitly told as an ability that I shouldn't lynch the Mod (what flavor there is for this is drawn directly from Half-Life), with the strong implication that something bad happens if we ignore this. This *COULD* be a red herring or a meaningless threat (if he's piggybacking off of previous Mind Screw games' "lynch the Mod" meta, this must be the case). It could also be something very, very bad (supersupersaint, another player as mod lyncher, and mod jester come to mind given how I've run these things in the past - alternately, our dear self-aligned Mod could be metal and thus unlynchable).

There is another option I am considering, which requires me to reveal a little bit more about my role. One of my active abilities is a roleblock with additional benefits if I target a metal player (which Natirasha may be, given my role's flavor). If Nat is using my own ability system, this ability can't be roleblocked (roleblocks are almost completely unroleblockable in my games).

I have already used this ability today targeting Natirasha. There are three ways he could get around this: unroleblockable, untargetable, or what I refer to as a rapid action. I don't think we're dealing with the third (I haven't seen any evidence of a rapid action), and I doubt the first two given how I designed previous Mind Screw games.

I'm leaning towards the following solution: Keep Nat blocked today and ask vigs (if any) to kill him, lynch him tomorrow if he's not dead at that time.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah

Vote to throw Natirasha in the mycosynth pit
(or whatever it was that removes metal)
-StrangerCoug

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Mycosynth:Natirasha
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, wrong answer, Nat - I seem to recall explicitly explaining why a player-Mod must by necessity be self-aligned. You're not town, and we're getting rid of you at some point.
There is ONE way a player mod can be aligned with a faction. And that'd be using Patrick and Elmo's boost mafia method. One knows the roles and handles night actions, and is therefore NOT the player, and the other handles vote counts and rulings during the day. That could be a townie (or scum) mod. But it's a moot point, I just wanted to point it out. (Unless I overlooked something?)
-StrangerCoug

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

forbiddanlight wrote:

There is ONE way a player mod can be aligned with a faction. And that'd be using Patrick and Elmo's boost mafia method. One knows the roles and handles night actions, and is therefore NOT the player, and the other handles vote counts and rulings during the day. That could be a townie (or scum) mod. But it's a moot point, I just wanted to point it out. (Unless I overlooked something?)
Or we're looking too closely. What if Tarh is the player and yet a mod-helper/aligned role?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by malthusis »

MafiaSSK, even if Tar is a mod helper (and that seems totally unrandom) the point he makes is real. I'm voting now so I won't have the hammer vote
Unvote Vote: Nat Mycosynth: Nat

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”