Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Hmm. Natwagon. Could be interesting. I can't really post tonight, but I will comment on everything as early as I can tomorrow.

Note: I am NOT one of those people who says something like that and then ditches.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Gentlemen, even if there is a mycosynth pit in the game, given what my ability is supposed to do to metal players it might be a better idea to throw Nat in the pit tomorrow (allowing me to nail the super for targeting metal), considering how useful the bonus for targeting metal is.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Illumina »

I agree with the discussion above, it doesn't seem likely that Nat would be pro-town.

And yeah, I know I was going to post about Vi/tajo earlier. I intend to.

Tajo, how do you reconcile this:
tajo in post 101 wrote:I never said scum didnt get the list.
With this:
tajo 92 wrote:Also, I dont think HP is scum. HP would have to be the dumbest player ever to have posted that as scum. Scum would usually join the trend.
I do think that scum didnt get the list
or that prob scum knows there is a list but no more.
WIFOM layers, I know, but I like to think in the most probable situation.
Do you think it's possible that scum didn't receive and note
and
hp isn't scum?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:14 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

For Natirasha, we better go with Tar's plan. We could learn whether if he is metal or not and do what is necessary tomorrow.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:17 am

Post by malthusis »

Even though I'm lynching Nat, I still want Tajo explain his contradictions or he's definitely on my lynch list for tomorrow.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Natirasha »

Well, obviously, you intend to continue this inane plan.

Look, Tar, I am town--whether you believe it or not. In fact, I designed my own role just as a counter to your argument in that thread(actually, that's a lie, but the point stills stands). As long as there are failsafes in place(say, only being able to vote for myself and only speaking in defense of myself, no other subjects, on threat of self-modkill).

And, by the way, do you guys really want to kill Jesus Christ?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And, by the way, do you guys really want to kill Jesus Christ?
Well, they got away with it back in around 33 AD...

(And this statement was going to be a lot more offensive, but I censored it)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Natirasha »

"Don't think, I'm all in this world
Don't think, I'll be here too long."

I've never heard of this "Mycosynth Pit". May one of you inform me of what it does? Actually never mind, it doesn't exist anyways...
Stef is on V/LA until Jan. 18th.
Also, way to pass the first deadline review.
Still looking for a replacement in Lolwat? Mafia. Join now, get an uber-cool and crazy role(may also be vanilla townie).

[quote="The Ninth Vote Count(AKA the "Tomorrow Comes Today" Vote Count)"]Vote Count
Natirasha(2): forbiddanlight, Malthusis
forbiddanlight(0):
hp [leaves](2): veerus, MafiaSSK
illumina(2): Kairyuu, Tarhalindur
Kairyuu(1): Illumina
Kinetic(0):
MafiaSSK(0):
populartajo(1): Vi
Malthusis(0):
Stef(0):
Tarhalindur(0):
veerus(1): populartajo
Vi (0):
Battle Mage(0):

FoS Count
Natirasha(1): forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight(0):
hp [leaves](0):
illumina(2): Kairyuu, Tarhalindur
Kairyuu(1): hp [leaves]
Kinetic(0):
MafiaSSK(0):
populartajo(3): veerus, Kinetic, Malthusis
Malthusis(0):
Stef(0):
Tarhalindur(0):
veerus(0):
Vi (0):
fluffy bunnies(0):
Floofy bunnies(1): MafiaSSK
lol I am arguing with myself(0):
Poofy Bunnies with Big Floppy Ears(1): Vi[/quote]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 195 wrote:Well, obviously, you intend to continue this inane plan.
This sounds obviously staged, like a major villain would suggest.
Natirasha 195 wrote:Look, Tar, I am town--whether you believe it or not. In fact, I designed my own role just as a counter to your argument in that thread(actually, that's a lie, but the point stills stands). As long as there are failsafes in place(say, only being able to vote for myself and only speaking in defense of myself, no other subjects, on threat of self-modkill).
Fascinating.

I would consider a
practical
reason why we shouldn't lynch you to be a defense of yourself, so you should be able to give us one.
Natirasha 195 wrote:And, by the way, do you guys really want to kill Jesus Christ?
That depends. Are you insinuating that your role name is Jesus Christ? And if so, is it the Christian Son of God, or the broadway Superstar?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Tarhalindur wrote:Gentlemen, even if there is a mycosynth pit in the game, given what my ability is supposed to do to metal players it might be a better idea to throw Nat in the pit tomorrow (allowing me to nail the super for targeting metal), considering how useful the bonus for targeting metal is.
We can't risk you being scum and getting some double kill.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by populartajo »

Illumina wrote:Tajo, how do you reconcile this:
tajo in post 101 wrote:I never said scum didnt get the list.
With this:
tajo 92 wrote:Also, I dont think HP is scum. HP would have to be the dumbest player ever to have posted that as scum. Scum would usually join the trend.
I do think that scum didnt get the list
or that prob scum knows there is a list but no more.
WIFOM layers, I know, but I like to think in the most probable situation.
Do you think it's possible that scum didn't receive and note
and
hp isn't scum?
You are taking things out of context. In 101 I was saying Vi that "I never said scum didnt get the list" as in "you are scum and therefore you know if scum didnt get or did get the list" In 92 I was trying to find the most prob answer. I was thinking that scum didnt prob get the note because how could it be worded in an ability?
Ability : you know that the town has an ability that lets them know that G-Man from Half-Life is not town-alligned..
How does that make sense?
Or they know that town has some information, therefore take all these fake claims.
If you further read my posts you can realize my process of reasoning: prob G-Man is not mafia but prob third party that was given a safe falseclaim.
Take in count that I usually posts all my hypothesis in the thread. As the game progresses its pretty obvious some of them make more sense, others not.
Ok what is this mycosynth pit you are talking about?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Natirasha »

What do you want to know? I can give you anything I need.

First of all, I am Jesus Christ(from The Holy Bible), the Townie Son of Mod.
I have no factional abilities.
I have 6 active abilities, one of which activates upon my lynch.
I have 1 active ability.

Anything else you want to know?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by populartajo »

Natirasha wrote:What do you want to know? I can give you anything I need.

I have 1 active ability.

Rule 4, plz.
Nat wrote:4) But you're not God!

No, apparently I'm a Serial Killer.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Illumina:
To repeat myself: you're wrong because you refuse to recognize that I misread your post.
I do not refuse to recognize anything. What I refuse to do is acknowledge that you failed to understand a simple paragraph that included several keyword references to the massclaim as being about my reasons for wanting a massclaim.

However, the debate has moved beyond that small part. Insisting that it is the entire argument, as you do here:
That's it. That's what we're fighting about.
is a straw man.

Let's assume for a second that I drop my original assertion about the impossibility as null. I still have all of your actions and reactions to go on from when the debate was still going strong, OMGUS and straw man included. This still leads me to believe that you are the best bet for scum I have right now.

In addition to that, I am still waiting on people to comment (with reasons) on our debate. Once that happens, I can reevaluate the usefulness of continuing it. At this point I think that pushing for your lynch is a good play for today. however, there are other good plays, and yours may take a backseat to others in my mind later in the Day.
Kairyuu, think about this: how many times in an average mafia game do you think people misread posts by mistake?
Reasonably often. However, there are some things that I consider so blatantly obvious that a misreading excuse does not seem likely enough for me to consider.

Also, you lied again. You said that if I brought up some new questioning that you would be all over it. I had several questions in my last big-ish post. You have not responded. Please do. Some of them were serious (the first and last for example).

@Vi:
The first, yes, you are beating a dead horse of an argument.
I do that. Read my wiki.
And these reasons are "because I like arguments and antagonizing people for personal gain".
Yeppers. Except I do not try to purposefully antagonize people. I consider these arguments to be debates, with both me and my opponent butting heads and searching for either holes in argument or a reconciled position that ends in agreement. Of course, the other effect is that if I can get the debate into the center of the town's attention, then it practically forces people to take a side, which gives me information.
I can imagine it's only slightly more annoying to be subjected to than it is to read given that this is your word against Illumina's.
I think that you are somewhat oversimplifying, but not a whole lot. At this point, in my insistence on the point that actually
is
my word against Illumina's, he/she has committed several actions that I consider scummy, including OMGUS and straw manning. However, I do agree that unless you actually realize that I don't intend to be mean when I do this, it is probably quite annoying.
And how do you plan to confirm this? This looks incredibly improbable from my point of view - one scum gets the note and has to pass it to the others without anyone noticing?
Umm. No. There's the point about daytalking that has been mentioned rather often, including by me, in that post you quoted.
lrn2meta
But I dun wanna. :cry:
You want to press me on it, you can do my thesis.
Hmm. What class and what sort of thesis?
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Have you guys ever heard of my actual meta?

One of my things is claiming SK ASAP. That was my way of doing that.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

One of my things is claiming SK ASAP. That was my way of doing that.
Yeah, but you still lied :P. And as the mod, you are supposed to never directly lie to the players, merely misdirect them (if you want to be a likeable bastard) So, die self aligned die?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha 202 wrote:What do you want to know? I can give you anything I need.

I have 1 active ability.

Natirasha 195 wrote:As long as there are failsafes in place(say, only being able to vote for myself and only speaking in defense of myself, no other subjects, on threat of self-modkill).
I notice you didn't finish this sentence in 195. What a shame, I'd like to see you modkill yourself based on your non-defense post 202 (nobody asked you for an ability claim, just to verify that you are J.C.).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

Kairyuu 205 wrote:Umm. No. There's the point about daytalking that has been mentioned rather often, including by me, in that post you quoted.
Soooooooooo... if the scum can daytalk, why didn't they already discuss the note amongst each other? I mean srsly.
Kairyuu 205 wrote:Hmm. What class and what sort of thesis?
It's an Honors thesis; 'doesn't really matter what about so long as I put in 150 hours of work between now and the second week of May. Two of my ideas have already crashed and burned, and I need to come up with something else quick. I don't think anything in the realm of Mafia would count, alas.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's an Honors thesis; 'doesn't really matter what about so long as I put in 150 hours of work between now and the second week of May. Two of my ideas have already crashed and burned, and I need to come up with something else quick. I don't think anything in the realm of Mafia would count, alas.
You could write a thesis on the flavor of Touhou. Hell, I know a teacher that got away with writing a thesis on the Hawaiian shirt.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 210 wrote:
You could write a thesis on the flavor of Touhou. Hell, I know a teacher that got away with writing a thesis on the Hawaiian shirt.
Ironic that you mention that given my recent avatar change. (Or did you see my avatar first?)

An essay on Japanese culture as expressed through the Touhou phenomenon doesn't sound like a horrible idea, though the sheer amount of weeabooism involved (not to mention the probably-unavoidable segment on Les Yay) may wound my soul.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

An essay on Japanese culture as expressed through the Touhou phenomenon doesn't sound like a horrible idea, though the sheer amount of weeabooism involved (not to mention the probably-unavoidable segment on Les Yay) may wound my soul.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the unavoidable segment on Les Yay :P.

And plus, you are on the internet. You don't have a soul :P.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 212 wrote:
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the unavoidable segment on Les Yay :P.
The Honors director seems progressive enough, but I don't think she's
that
liberal. I guess I'd have to choose my context carefully.
f-light 212 wrote:And plus, you are on the internet. You don't have a soul :P.
Not to mention I'm on a site where arguing and demonizing is a seven-days-a-week career.
If it weren't for how Mafia is so intriguing, I'd think I'd slipped into a Dilbert cartoon~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Kinetic 214 wrote:I wrote a thesis comparing Sumo wrestlers with high school teachers.
I'm calling your bluff.
If you're telling the truth, I'm going into denial about how difficult I've been thinking this would be >.>

(The best conversations are always off-topic.)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Honors director seems progressive enough, but I don't think she's that liberal. I guess I'd have to choose my context carefully.
Nyeh, well, if you really want to test some limits, either go with 4chan's obsession with traps or a thesis on how Kannazuki No Miko illustrates the dangers of forbidden love.

I wrote a thesis comparing Sumo wrestlers with high school teachers.
That is great :P.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Vi »

f-light 216 wrote:Nyeh, well, if you really want to test some limits, either go with 4chan's obsession with traps or a thesis on how Kannazuki No Miko illustrates the dangers of forbidden love.
Pass. You lost me after "4chan", as I really don't ever want to go there.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”