Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Gorrad »

Jebus wrote:Which brings us to Gorrad, my second choice of scum (and I think this may be a little more potent than my case on MM.

Post 159
- Reaction to SlySly's overthrow attempt. Make of it what you will.
Post 187
- Huh? Wouldn't it be okay to have one scum outed for one doctor? I've always considered one doctor to be worth less, if you will than one scum.
Post 191
- I didn't think to check this before, but the post where SlySly breadcrumbs is long before Caligulaph becomes dictator, in which case it may just be a good way for him to have strong ground on his claim if it need come in later on. And this part isn't against Gorrad at all, it's just a note.
Post 205-6
- As SlySly says in 206.
Post 225
- What? Is this your claim? I don't see any pressure/request for you to claim (?)
This is your case against me. All but the last point are against my D1 case on SlySly. Never once did you go against me during D1, and I'd be fascinated to hear what you had against SlySly that I didn't.

As for the last point, it was simply an example of a nonevil dictator. I went to wikipedia and searched for one. Go to the wiki page for 'dictator' and point two is on Garibaldi. The post before, Caligruaph stated "Do you think that there are any kind dictators to play the role of doctor? I would have to say no; I seriously doubt any existence of kind dictators." That link was a counter to that.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Moratorium »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: I want to see what Carn does before overthrowing...
Why? I ask because deadline is a week away, we're getting to that point where we're going to have to sort this dictator stuff out, no one's even begun to discuss who we're actually going to execute at this point.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Carn will execute someone, and I don't want to be on his bad side if I'm not successfull. If someone else want's to, that's fine.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Moratorium wrote:no one's even begun to discuss who we're actually going to execute at this point.
My plan is to execute based on scumminess. Right now, Gorrad and Monkey are in the hot seat and neither has responded in a way that alleviates any concerns I have.

Also, Jazzmyn and SiestaGura need to check-in. They haven't said anything since I've replaced in and offered comments. orangepenguin has been very quite, too.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

What concerns do you have, exactly, Carn?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Moratorium wrote:One more thing:

MonkeyMan576
, please overthrow.

You too,
Gorrad

You too,
Jazzmyn
I don't see any reason to overthrow Carn_Carn at the moment, but I will be happy to consider any arguments that you put forward in support of your request.

Regards,
Jazz
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:51 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Ah hello again. Well im going to make my own list of players and my thoughts about them.

Der hammer/carn carn
: Im still quite suspicious about his overthrow attempt but carncarns posts were quite good, this may partly be because I adore large analytical posts for some reason.
If his role stealing thing (it seems fairly obvious he got more chance because he stole the attempt from jebus) wouldn't suggest otherwise, id think he was third party. Im leaning a bit towards townie I guess, but lets keep him at: No clue.

Jebus:
While I would usually see his behaviour as a bit scummy, he seems to focus mainly on others I think are among the most suspicious. So I guess hes cool. Besides the attack on sly ofcourse, but well we all thought sly was scummy.

Korlash
: Townish. Havent really seen any flaws in his argumentations yet, and I usually agree with his thoughts about others.

Gorrad
: Scummy, when looking back, his dedication to get sly executed seems quite a bit over the top. His argument based on the flavor of slys role seems quite weak aswelll, afterall. How many kind dictators are there compared to evil ones? And besides, the mafia could in fact be the kind dictators in this game, since they fight against other dictators, maybe to get democracy in here :P

orangepenguin
: ??? Needs to post more, especially content.

MonkeyMan576
: Id consider him the most obvious scum out there, he really likes to attack others for vague reasons, such as roflcopters replacing out. Very supportive of sly being executed.

Roflcopter/jazzmyn
: Roflcopter was among the most suspicious at the start of the game, but since he was also being called suspicious by monkeyman, im going to assume they do not both belong to the mafia. Jazzmyn has been quite quiet, doesnt really post much content but is still there, some sort of semi-lurk. So Id say jazz is either a sk or a powerrole.
Or he scum and monkey isnt... Alot of options, so im going to say: I have no clue.

Moratorium
: Analytical, usually seems to think the same things as I do (although his thoughts are usually better based). And I often agree with his ideas about things I didnt notice, So id say townish.

So my list:

Scum:
monkeyman
gorrad

no clue:
der hammer
jazzmyn
orangepenguin

Between no clue and townish:
jebus

townish:
moratorium
korlash
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Moratorium »

So basically what I'm hearing is all the scummy people going "What, Carn? Nah, he's fine, leave him be, no need to overthrow him!"

Then he mentions all the people that everyone is calling out as scummy as potential targets, and will execute one that we were wrong about.

Fun.

There's no way out of this trap unless someone takes the plunge.

overthrow: CarnCarn
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Gorrad »

CarnCarn wrote:
Moratorium wrote:no one's even begun to discuss who we're actually going to execute at this point.
My plan is to execute based on scumminess. Right now, Gorrad and Monkey are in the hot seat and neither has responded in a way that alleviates any concerns I have.

Also, Jazzmyn and SiestaGura need to check-in. They haven't said anything since I've replaced in and offered comments. orangepenguin has been very quite, too.
I've made my counter-points within the last page. Is there anything I've missed that you want me to respond to?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

If the roll is a 1, CarnCarn is overthrown. Anything else, the overthrow fails.

Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 am

The overthrow fails. CarnCarn remains as the current DICTATOR.

Remember the deadline is coming up in about 1 week!
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:34 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

I think mora is right, and since he has failed Im attempting the same thing, im absolutely not convinced that carn is scum, but its best to take as few risks as possible.
I better not fail aswell...

overthrow: CarnCarn
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:08 am

If the roll is a 1 or 2, CarnCarn is overthrown. Anything else, the overthrow fails.

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:09 am

The overthrow attempt succeeds. SiestaGuru is now the new DICTATOR!
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Well thatwas surprisingly.

Ok, well, now that im the dictator im going to give you some rules to prevent any possible dictator abuse on my part, and any quick overthrows on your part.
Id like to organize a little vote, like in regular games. And I certainly hope other dictators keep this tradition.

I will execute someone if 4 of the 8 of us vote for the same person or the deadline gets really close. And if anyone attempts to overthrow me, im going to shoot that guy down if the overthrow fails, unless it has been decided upon by the majority of you that im a bad dictator. This is to scare scum away from rush overthrowing me, because a fail will mean death.
If the majority of you decide that a certain person should be the dictator, I'll gladly hand over the power by means of abdicating.

Well, ill start myself with the voting. I believe
monkeyman
is the most likely to be scum, and as moratorium has stated, others have occasionally followed his lead, so killing him might give us some great information.

Note that I will probably not, but might change some of those 'rules' I've stated if the situation calls for it.

If any of these 'rules' seem really bad to you, please suggest something else. But do note that im not taking suggestions from players I consider scummy, as serious as those of other players.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Jebus »

I request that you abdicate tonight to Moratorium.

As for the kill, I'd prefer Gorrad over monkeyman. His play here seems consistent with other games I've seen him in, despite his lack of strong arguements. I'm perfectly willing to support his execution, but I think Gorrad is a better kill for today.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Moratorium »

Jebus wrote: I request that you abdicate tonight to Moratorium.
Guess that means I'll be killed by Mafia tonight. Thanks, dude. :|
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Jebus »

You're welcome :D

Though I'm creating the WIFOM situation for the mafia - I honestly doubt SiestaGuru would take that request, instead I'd think he'd choose someone else just because I said to abdicate to you.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:49 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not scum, I'm town, so killing me won't give you any info, actually.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:55 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:You're welcome :D

Though I'm creating the WIFOM situation for the mafia - I honestly doubt SiestaGuru would take that request, instead I'd think he'd choose someone else just because I said to abdicate to you.
Well, not instantly no. I said i'd abdicate if the majority thought it would be better to do so. I bet mora would like it aswell, and im not too fond of it myself. So we currently have 2 votes for, youll need to get 2 more and ill gladly abdicate. :wink:
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Korlash »

Monkeyman wrote:I'm not scum, I'm town, so killing me won't give you any info, actually.
Actually it would, just not as much as lyching mafia would...

Sorry I've been out of it recently, trying to catch up in a couple other games.

I am sorry to see we wasted time with overthrows. The dictator, regardless of town or scum, is forced to execute who we decide on. If we as the town said to execute so and so and the dictator did not, he would be signing his death warrent for the next day. The only reason I was worried abotu hammer was because he was spontanious and I actually believed he would execute before we had decided. Carn had proved he was at least stable so there wasn't any fear there.

Point is we should be worrying about who to execute right now and not who the dictator is or what the dictator should do tonight. I sadly don't actually have anyone i mind becuase I'm a little out of this game so... I'll get back to you on that...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Interesting. Can't say I really like SG as the dictator, but as long as he abides by his rules, and agrees to go with the majority, I don't really see that big of an issue. Hopefully, like Jebus suggested, he abdicates to Moratorium tonight.

Korlash's last point makes a lot of sense. If they dictator does something pretty scummy, then they'll face the wrath from the town the day following that.

As for who we are executing, I'm fine with either Gorrad or monkeyman. They both have been scummy, but I am going to still look at other options, personally, and if I think somebody is equally, if not more scummy, I'll pipe up, but it seems like everyone is locked between those two, so I don't really want to jump on a wagon and call it a day. :|
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

No one has said anything about what I've been scummy about or give me a chance to defend myself. Telling, and please pay attention if they try and execute me without a majority consensus.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Gorrad wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:

I've made my counter-points within the last page. Is there anything I've missed that you want me to respond to?
Waiting for a response to this. Would rather Moratorium was NOT abdicated to (for obvious reasons). Happy with a MonkeyMan lynch over myself.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:47 am

Activity check reveals that nobody needs to be prodded. Carry on.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”