Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

The beauty of this strategy is that the scum might not want to kill the masons, for this will be tantamount to outing themselves as scum over time. So we're going to have to do it.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote: As I pointed out earlier, Yosarian, who I am officially outing as a member of the group (along with myself), who is generally a shy voter, started out by voting fellow mason group member Lowell, after which I accused him of not reading his PM, something he has failed to address.
Jesus...why the hell would you out me like that? Or yourself?

And I'm a "shy voter"? Since when? I'm very often a very agressive voter, especally on day 1.

You were right, when you asked me earlier if I had "not read my PM carefully". When I saw the PM, I glanced at it, said..."wait...what the hell...I'm in another large game? I never signed up for that." Then I went back, looked at the queau, and said "Oh...I guess I did." And somehow I never actually read the whole role PM in the process, until you pointed it out to me.

Not that my vote on Llowell put him in any actual risk, anyway. And, yeah, I do agree that it's likely there's a scum in our mason group.

Still...ugh. Why the hell would you claim, AND claim your partner at the same time? It was bad enough, and anti-town enough, when Lowell claimed just on his own; you just compounded the error severely.

If you out any more members of the group, then mason buddy or not, I am going to vote for you and keep my vote on you until you are dead. You DO NOT GIVE AWAY ROLES ON DAY ONE FOR NO REASON!
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:56 am

Yosarian2 wrote:If you out any more members of the group, then mason buddy or not, I am going to vote for you and keep my vote on you until you are dead. You DO NOT GIVE AWAY ROLES ON DAY ONE FOR NO REASON!
And why is that, scum?

*** I think I caught a live one ***
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Why is it that every time I'm in a game with a mason group, somebody claims mason buddies? It's just sickening.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

and my town read on yosarian goes up in smoke

but lowell and penguins are both town, so thats good
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

willing to lynch: (litral, gnkoichi*, yosarian*)

*if a consensus on lynching this player is reached by penguins and lowell
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:If you out any more members of the group, then mason buddy or not, I am going to vote for you and keep my vote on you until you are dead. You DO NOT GIVE AWAY ROLES ON DAY ONE FOR NO REASON!
And why is that, scum?
Um...why is it bad to claim, and worse, to reveal the roles of other people, on day 1? Are you serious?

I mean, granted, if there is a scum mason, then it dosn't matter since he'll tell the scum anyway. Still, it's just bloody stupid, especally since there was absolutly no reason for it. Lowell's claim was almost as bad, especally since, with that leading comment you made before, it would make it pretty damn obvious to the scum anyway.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote:and my town read on yosarian goes up in smoke
Huh? So, you go from thinking I'm town to thinking I'm scum, because I'm really annoyed one of my mason partners outed me as a mason, in a situation where it's pretty obvious there was absolutly no good reason to do so?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 am

Post by roflcopter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Huh? So, you go from thinking I'm town to thinking I'm scum, because I'm really annoyed one of my mason partners outed me as a mason, in a situation where it's pretty obvious there was absolutly no good reason to do so?
actually, i think there was definitely a good reason for what penguins did, but what really killed my read was your ridiculous reaction post. lets break it down:
yos wrote:Jesus...why the hell would you out me like that? Or yourself?
this exasperation doesn't seem faked, but also isn't at all diagnostic of your alignment. yos-mason is very likely unhappy about being outed whether he is town or scum.
yos wrote:You were right, when you asked me earlier if I had "not read my PM carefully". When I saw the PM, I glanced at it, said..."wait...what the hell...I'm in another large game? I never signed up for that." Then I went back, looked at the queau, and said "Oh...I guess I did." And somehow I never actually read the whole role PM in the process, until you pointed it out to me.
ok, you haven't got much reason to lie about this either way, so i'll take it at face value
yos wrote:Not that my vote on Llowell put him in any actual risk, anyway. And, yeah, I do agree that it's likely there's a scum in our mason group.
here's the part where you very quickly start sounding like a hypocrite. you're all like "i didn't even know he was a mason buddy" but at the same time you're making shitty excuses for your vote ("doesn't put him in any actual risk") AND agreeing with the basic premise which was the reason for penguins to out you in the first place, namely that there's probably scum in your group, and using that to try and retroactively bolster a vote which you just admitted you placed without realizing lowell was even your mason buddy. ummm... what?
yos wrote:Still...ugh. Why the hell would you claim, AND claim your partner at the same time? It was bad enough, and anti-town enough, when Lowell claimed just on his own; you just compounded the error severely.

If you out any more members of the group, then mason buddy or not, I am going to vote for you and keep my vote on you until you are dead. You DO NOT GIVE AWAY ROLES ON DAY ONE FOR NO REASON!
and now the exasperation sounds forced, and is certainly way overboard. we got the idea that you're unhappy about this at the start of your post. and i really don't take you for the kind of emotional player who would even make the threat of keeping their vote on someone until they're dead based on something which makes you angry and is, in your opinion at least, anti-town at best, but certainly not certifiably scummy.

my opinion: yos is either scum mason or anti-town 3rd party mason, and he's very, very upset that his cushy position suddenly got shot to hell over what he percieves to have been poor play on the part of lowell and penguins.

so like i said, willing to lynch yosarian2
soi soi soi

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

All pro-town thoughts about Yosarian2 have committed suicide, but I don't approve of Penguins of the Serengeti outing him either.
FoS
on them both until my sanity recovers.

Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

I think Yos's reaction is perfectly normal.

Unvote

Vote: Penguins
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Vino »

roflcopter wrote:
gnkoichi wrote:If you're not scum, you're a distraction of the highest order, and the town will be better off without you either way.
this sentence is a
huge, glaring scumtell
Yeah you're right but I can vouch for Koichi's relative trustworthiness.
So you're a mason partner with him?

So the masons are Lowell, Serengeti, Yosarian2, ________ and GnKoichi? Is this the reason you voted Honcho for vague reasons? The fifth is roflcopter perhaps, for his earlier vindications of you two? Hmmmmm? Something is quite scummy about this mason group, so the revelation that it exists means nothing to me. All of the masons ping high on my scumdar. Lowell's claim still remains dubious in my mind. There is no apparent motive.

Or is the vote of confidence purely meta?

PS I also think that line was quite telling for GnKoichi.
Yosarian2 wrote:Generally, if there is a jester in a large game, if you lynch him it dosn't hurt the town's chances of winning. The jester either wins or loses, but it has no effect on anyone else. So if there's a jester in the game, lynching him day 1 isn't really a bad thing anyway; it's not as good as lynching a scum, but much better then lynching town.
I was under the impression it would count as a mafia lose / town lose / jester win if the jester was lynched first. The jester role was in my mind a hot potato. If what you say is true then I officially stop caring about jesters in 3... 2... 1...
You see what I mean now?

Also, stop coattailing other people, the scumminess of it doesn't look very good on you.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote:
yos wrote:Not that my vote on Llowell put him in any actual risk, anyway. And, yeah, I do agree that it's likely there's a scum in our mason group.
here's the part where you very quickly start sounding like a hypocrite. you're all like "i didn't even know he was a mason buddy" but at the same time you're making shitty excuses for your vote ("doesn't put him in any actual risk") AND agreeing with the basic premise which was the reason for penguins to out you in the first place, namely that there's probably scum in your group, and using that to try and retroactively bolster a vote which you just admitted you placed without realizing lowell was even your mason buddy. ummm... what?
I didn't know he was a mason buddy. She didn't know that, though, so I don't blame her for that. I do blame her for outing me as a mason for no good reason, even though my vote didn't put Lowell at any risk at all.

yos wrote:Still...ugh. Why the hell would you claim, AND claim your partner at the same time? It was bad enough, and anti-town enough, when Lowell claimed just on his own; you just compounded the error severely.

and now the exasperation sounds forced, and is certainly way overboard. we got the idea that you're unhappy about this at the start of your post. and i really don't take you for the kind of emotional player who would even make the threat of keeping their vote on someone until they're dead based on something which makes you angry and is, in your opinion at least, anti-town at best, but certainly not certifiably scummy.
It's not "way overboard", and there is absolutly nothing "emotional" about my statement that if she outs any more mason partners that we will have to lynch her, and that I will vote for her until she is dead. At the point I made the post, my #1 priority was to stop her insanity before she outed the rest of the mason group for absolutly no bloody reason, and to make it absoltuly, 100% crystal clear that that will absoluty not be tolerated. I'm sorry if you think it was a little over the top, but I think it was necessary I made myself absolutly clear here before she did any more damage.

It's not like I can make her un-reveal what she already reveals, and I don't get how you think it makes me scummy that I don't want her to reveal the REST of our mason group.

And, considering that I threatened her, not to protect myself, but to protect the rest of my mason group from her insanity, this last comment of yours makes no sense at all:
my opinion: yos is either scum mason or anti-town 3rd party mason, and he's very, very upset that his cushy position suddenly got shot to hell over what he percieves to have been poor play on the part of lowell and penguins.
Especally since you just admitted that I would be very, very upset about her outing both herself and me as masons no matter what else was happening. There's clearly no pro-town reason for her to do so, and that makes me uncomfortable with how both she and Lowell apparently wanted to get themselves confirmed as masons early on day 1; that makes me wonder abuout both of them.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
gnkoichi wrote:If you're not scum, you're a distraction of the highest order, and the town will be better off without you either way.
this sentence is a
huge, glaring scumtell
Yeah you're right but I can vouch for Koichi's relative trustworthiness.
So you're a mason partner with him?
Fos:Vino
Stop fishing, scum. Didn't we just make it clear that outing masons is bad?
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Vino »

I actually don't care who the masons are. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, half of them are scum anyways, and the scum already know or will know shortly who they are, so town might as well know too. What I care to learn from Serengeti is why she voted Honcho, why she was defending GnKoinchi, and why she felt it necessary to out you. No explanations for any of these actions, and I plan to vote her if a good explanation is not forthcoming.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:I actually don't care who the masons are.
You just spent a whole post trying to find out who the masons are, speculating, asking people, ect. Now you're going to pretend you don't care?
Like I said it doesn't matter to me, half of them are scum anyways
Um...what? Do you know something I don't?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vino wrote:I actually don't care who the masons are. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, half of them are scum anyways, and the scum already know or will know shortly who they are, so town might as well know too.
*barfs*

Unvote: Litral
Major HoS: Litral
as he is nowhere near off the hook
Vote: Vino

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:
You just spent a whole post trying to find out who the masons are, speculating, asking people, ect. Now you're going to pretend you don't care?
Vino wrote:Something is quite scummy about this mason group, so the revelation that it exists means nothing to me.
Yosarian2 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Obviously only one or two, but it means that about the same ratio of general players to scum exists for mason players to scum, so knowing which of the masons are scum is useless until the scum is routed and we can confirm townie masons. I don't understand why this isn't obvious to everybody. Am I missing something?
Show

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Uhh, Vino, you're still implying that you know who at least one of the scum in the mason group are.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Vino wrote:Something is quite scummy about this mason group, so the revelation that it exists means nothing to me.
Yosarian2 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Obviously only one or two, but it means that about the same ratio of general players to scum exists for mason players to scum
Again, I don't have any information that implies that any of the masons are scum. It certanly is possible, perhaps even likely, but it sounds like you know more then I do. Which is only possible if you are also scum.
so knowing which of the masons are scum is useless until the scum is routed and we can confirm townie masons.
Ummm...what? That dosn't make any sense at all to me. What are you talking about? How can we "confirm townie masosn", and why are you talking like you know for a fact that some masons are scum?
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Vino »

Coug, I don't see where I implied anything like that. My understanding of the rules are lacking as there was no beginning night phase, so I am not sure if scum were allowed to talk before the game or no. If yes, and there is a scum in the masons, then all of the scum already know all of the masons. If no, then they will as soon as N1 begins. This means scum know or will soon know all of the masons. Isn't there no sense in keeping that info from the town if scum already know it?

Yos, perhaps I'm making too many assumptions here. Like I said before, this is my first non-newbie game. If one of the masons is a scum, then knowing that people are masons does not make them confirmed townies. Therefore we have to route the scum before we can establish which of the masons are townie masons. Also we have to know how many scum masons exist in the game, which hopefully is only 1, because >1 would be quite complicated to find.
Show

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote: Yos, perhaps I'm making too many assumptions here. Like I said before, this is my first non-newbie game. If one of the masons is a scum, then knowing that people are masons does not make them confirmed townies.
Well, yes, obviously. I'm still wondering why you seem to be assuming that one of the masons is scum, though.
Therefore we have to route the scum before we can establish which of the masons are townie masons. Also we have to know how many scum masons exist in the game, which hopefully is only 1, because >1 would be quite complicated to find.
Which is also an odd part of your post; if there are scum masons, why would you assume there is only 1? Or, how would we find out how many there are, or whatever?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 am

roflcopter wrote:willing to lynch: (litral, gnkoichi*, yosarian*)

*if a consensus on lynching this player is reached by penguins and lowell
Add in the list of players you are willing to lynch, wink wink, nudge nudge:

Orangepenguin, and Numberfourteen.

Come to think of it, didn't orangepenguin vote me? Maybe, like Yosarian2, he's spending all his energy keeping track of his scumbuddies rather than his ahem other buddies.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Huh? So, you go from thinking I'm town to thinking I'm scum, because I'm really annoyed one of my mason partners outed me as a mason, in a situation where it's pretty obvious there was absolutly no good reason to do so?
Given that the scum concentration in the mason group may be higher than the general population, outing masons might be a very effective way to hunt scum.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vino wrote:Coug, I don't see where I implied anything like that. My understanding of the rules are lacking as there was no beginning night phase, so I am not sure if scum were allowed to talk before the game or no. If yes, and there is a scum in the masons, then all of the scum already know all of the masons. If no, then they will as soon as N1 begins. This means scum know or will soon know all of the masons. Isn't there no sense in keeping that info from the town if scum already know it?
In my game, the scum were allowed to talk before Day 1 started; this has also usually held for when I myself was scum.

We have four claimed masons: two directly, one outed, and one speculated on given connections. You said half the mason group was scum, so unless you can prove that there being more than one scum mason is merely an educated guess, I'm treating it as knowledge you know as scum yourself.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”