Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Darox »

Sorry, I had to do a project and kind of got side tracked. Now that it's done, I can give this game the attention it needs.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Vi »

OhGodMyLife 675 wrote:
Seriously guys, I don't want to have to prod
everyone in this game
:v
Life has been lively recently. I've been trying to put out one good post in each of my games, and since this one was the most inactive among them, this became lowest priority.

<envision more and better excuses in this space so I don't have to type them and you don't have to read them>

-----

@Tom Mason: Are we in LyLo?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

Vi wrote:
@Tom Mason: Are we in LyLo?
The short and simple answer: Yes.

Why do I think this is so?

There are two killing roles, one which almost certainly would be mafia. The other, could be a Town vigilante -- or what I believe it to be, a serial killer. We have seen no neutral roles and I would be quite sure there is at least one.

10 Dead Townies. 2 Dead Mafia. 7 Players alive.

At least one more is mafia. I am inclined to think there might be two. The traitor suggestion sounds feasible as well.

If we lynch wrong in this phase... Two players die in the night. This game will be over.

We need this mass claim. Would you agree?

Does anyone disagree?
LHIOB: Let's hug it out, bitch.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Vi wrote:Life has been lively recently. I've been trying to put out one good post in each of my games, and since this one was the most inactive among them, this became lowest priority.
^^ I, too, will try very hard to dedicate more time to this one as soon as I get done analyzing and summarizing 12.5 pages of notes I just finished compiling in another game that I am in.
Vi wrote:<envision more and better excuses in this space so I don't have to type them and you don't have to read them>
:D I am sooo stealing that...

Regards,
Jazz
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I was working on a post earlier, but the stupid forum ate it, so here's the short version:

Point 0: In my analysis of likely game scenarios I missed one plausible scenario earlier (13-3-3, in which case we have 3 town, 1 Mafia, and 3 scum in an unrevealed group). This doesn't change point 1, however - the only thing it would do is put us in a position where town cannot win without help from the scum.

Point 1: We at massclaiming because we are, at best, 1 day from LyLo (requires 14-4-1 and that neither Mafia nor SK has a way to prevent kills), and probably at true LyLo (13-3-3, 14-5, and 14-4-1 with at least one method of preventing NKs all lead to guaranteed town losses if we mislynch today). I'm still not sure on the method, though... random or popcorn are both good choices.

Point 2: After reviewing players using causation analysis, the Cliff Notes version of the PBPA:

- Jazzmyn demands a second post to describe her play more fully. Until I get it up (should be later tonight), suffice it to say that causation analysis does not change my previous conclusions. If anything, it strengthens them.
- Darox (rep. Caboose) is my preferred option for the second Mafioso, especially given my suspicion of Jazzmyn. He's quite slow to choose between Der Hunter and Scheherazade (trying to decide which wagon is more likely to go to completion? This possiblity is more likely than usual given the "where my vote is best placed" rhetoric, which I've seen in the past indicate a tactical - read scum - mindset towards voting), and he was mostly out of the main game threads for the rest of the game (exception is Puta Puta, who he went after quite early). Also note that Darox was the source of the ad hominem argument that featured prominently in early Scheherazade-Jazzmyn exchanges (possible Chainsaw Defense - something to keep in mind if/when Jazzmyn comes up scum).
- ZazieR isn't nearly as scummy as I thought after first reread - she seems to be using causation analysis and generally trying to find scum D1 and early D2 (and she's pretty much flaked sitewide since then). Caveat: Given an offhand comment in one of her posts (D2 or early D3, I'll check), if the setup is 13-3-3 ZazieR is almost certainly scum.
- Vi's not quite as squeaky clean as I first concluded yesterday (his posts on Day 3 in particular don't say much of substance - IIoA, which is usually an indicator that a player wants to stay out of the spotlight), but there is a thread in his posts that makes me strongly doubt that he is scum (especially Mafia scum). I WILL NOT elaborate until a certain condition (not to be named at this time) comes to pass.
- Tom Mason is shaky during Day 2 (his "too scummy to be scum" reaction to Puta Puta could be defense for an obvious partner), but my investigation on him and his behavior Day 3 (I'm seeing a desire to scumhunt behind his Gerrendus case D3) indicate to me that he is town (or Mafia Traitor, though that still doesn't explain his behavior toward Gerrendus D3)
- Huntress is still reading strongly to me as town (misguided, but town nonetheless). Ribwich's behavior D1 and D2 still indicates a scumhunting mindset to me, and Huntress's limited posting so far indicates the same.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Causation Analysis, Jazzmyn

Jazzmyn still reads scum to me. The key here is to look at her reaction to Scheherazade's case against her D2 (her reaction to my D3 case against her also fits). When Scheherazade summarized his case against her, Jazzmyn responded, not by showing that the case was wrong or even just denying the case, but by going negative (note that she referred to his case as "disingenuous". Let's look at the post in question:
Jazzmyn wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote: No, in #273, I specifically answered your question about what I thought of his reaction to Juls' post, as noted above. The latter part of my post in which I said I had filed away
ribwich's
response for future reference was about ribwich, not DerHammer. It was in direct response to your question asking whether my suspicion of ribwich had changed. You can tell this because I quoted your question and responded directly to it.

So, again, I do not understand your confusion.

Regards,
Jazz
@Jazzmyn: You're right, I mistakenly applied the phrase "filing away" to the impression I was getting of your read of Der Hammer, not ribwich.

I was taking issue with the statement that you "have already expressed how his recent actions have impacted on [your] view of him." That view was that he was "useless" because of his reaction to Juls and "not suspicious" though his vote was "dubious"?

What I wanted was more of an explanation. If he wasn't suspicious to you, you were still willing to let him get lynched because he was "useless"? You suspected me, so why didn't you fight to get people to vote for the suspicious and useless person rather than just the useless person?

Besides that, you suspected me and all you did to convince others of my scumminess was to incorrectly identify one of my statements as ad hominem after another player already mentioned it and note that you didn't like my attitude?

If we're adding attitude into the mix, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Jazzmyn
for the following reasons:

1) Active lurking in the form of repeating popular views rather than generating insightful content.
2) Her suspect statement regarding Percy in her post 7.
3) Wilful dodging of questions, i.e. trying to ignore an explicit question by arguing that it's an argument, not a question.

On a related note, Jazzmyn, you dropped my concerns about your remark regarding Percy.

The sheer disingenuousness of this post makes me cringe. Seriously, I don't know how you could be more disingenuous if you tried.

Care to try again?

Regards,
Jazz
Instead of immediately explaining why she found the case invalid, Jazzmyn goes negative to discredit the wagon. I will grant that she goes back and offers reasoning in her second post after Scheherazade's case, but I find that said reasoning/defense isn't nearly as persuasive since she's using it more as an attack on Scheherazade than as a defense of her actions.

In fact, what's most striking here is that Jazzmyn seems to have absolute contempt for ANYONE who presents any kind of case at all against her (like Puta Puta, who ridiculed his attackers by claiming that they all had to be opportunistic scum... and while Puta Puta was an idiot, that contemptuous defense IS often seen from scum.)

Other indications of a scum mindset from Jazzmyn:

- Reaction to the deaths of players Jazzmyn suspected. On its own, Jazzmyn's response to the Jahudo lynch yesterday could be town frustration. However, note her additional defense today for being on the Jahudo wagon. Specifically: why is being on the Jahudo wagon even defense-worthy? Sure, it was a mislynch, but in my experience the town response to a mislynch is to reassess other players rather than defend being on the wagon. Sure, it was a hammer that drew fire, but then I would expect a townie to justify shutting down discussion more than their presence on the wagon. Instead, I'm seeing an attempt to avoid scrutiny for the Jahudo vote (guilty conscience?) and tie EVERYTHING - even setbacks that might spur a rethinking of the situation - into a renewed case on another player. Am I the only person who's thinking that Jazzmyn herself is exhibiting confirmation bias here?

In addition to this, take note of Jazzmyn's reaction when Scheherazade came up town...
Jazzmyn wrote:
Tom Mason wrote:Jazz, you were flat wrong in the end about Sche.
Unfortunately, I was indeed wrong about his alignment (although I was not wrong about his play style being scummish, distracting, and unhelpful). Lesson learned, though, that players whose posts are scummish, distracting and unhelpful are not necessarily scum.
Again, Jazzmyn defends herself for being wrong about a player. The defense itself doesn't concern me as much as it would otherwise, since it's in response to another player's comment. What IS pinging my scumdar is the rush to justify her position as being correct even when the outcome was incorrect, both by attempting to paint her opponent's actions as scummy (which they were not) and to claim that he needed to die even if he was town (HOW THE HELL IS THAT A TOWN MINDSET?)

- Jassmyn's justification for outright denial/evasion of cases. Evasion by itself isn't necessarily an indicator of a scum mindset (it could instead be a case of a newb believing that they have answered all points against them), so let's take a look at the rationale Jazzmyn uses:
Jazzmyn wrote:
ribwich wrote:
al4xz wrote:Damnit, it's happening again. I get so bored of reading arguments that Scheh and his opponent make that I skim through it. =.= I'll have to do a thorough analysis of the arguments..
Tom Mason wrote:Both Jazz and Sche need to be more concise...

You both give me a headache. All the words end up blurring.
QFT. Way too late for me to read all of that. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.
I, too, find it tedious and distracting, even while in the midst of these distractions with him. *sigh*

But I am not at all interested in a repeat of Day 1, so I'm just going to ignore him for now, unless he has something new, relevant, or specific to say.

My apologies for taking his bait.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn wrote:I started to go through and respond to your entire post, Tarhlindur, but then decided that I am not going to go back through the Walls of Words between Sche and myself again, sorry.

They speak for themselves; they are there for all to read, in context, should anyone care to revisit them. But they were painful enough the first time around and I, for one, am not interested in rehashing them.
Take a close look at these posts. Jazzmyn doesn't explicitly mention "I've answered all points against me" the first time, and only does so indirectly a second time (betraying another part of her mindset - she's implying that it is an AXIOM that all cases against her must be invalid, which indicates that she's either FAR, FAR too overconfident or trying to use this as a shield to avoid explaining her actions).

Instead, Jazzmyn's primary stated reason for ignoring Scheherazade's case (which had only just fully materialized) is that she finds it tedious. Why? I don't find the "Jazzmyn is town but finds it takes too much time to defend herself" argument particularly persuasive, especially since she was already using Scheherazade's case against her as part of her case against him and had previously proven willing to discuss things in-depth in order to press an attack on Scheherazade; besides, why couldn't she just offer a summarized defense to his new questions? I find it far, far more plausible that Jazzmyn's sudden use of this "too tedious" line of argument was to avoid having to give in-depth defenses of her actions, because those in-depth defenses would likely reveal that the mindset behind her actions was that of a scumbag.

Hell, most of Jazzmyn's defense this game (lack of detailed defense, suddenly ignoring her main attacker just when he began attacking her in-depth, referring attackers to previous posts under the premise that said posts are self-evident) makes sense if Jazzmyn is trying to avoid giving detailed defense on the grounds that it would likely prove her scum.

Look at that italicized sentence again, because it's absolutely damning.

(Also of note here: Jazzmyn is suddenly choosing to ignore the player who was her primary target during most of D1 and D2 and clearly her preferred target at the time. Why the hell would ANY townie do that? It shuts down any opportunity for the suspect to show that he is not scum - by play or by claim. - AND it shuts down the opportunity to gather additional evidence against the suspect. Indeed, it suggests that the player who chooses to ignore their suspect is so certain about their case that mere facts cannot shake their belief... and I don't see how a townie could EVER be that sure that another player is scum.)

- Confirmation bias: Note that Jazzmyn goes out of her way to paint EVERYTHING her targets have done as scummy, to the extent that she is unwilling to admit that ANYTHING her targets have posted is not scummy. Even after they're dead and proven town (see: Scheherazade, Jahudo). (Maybe there's an exception I'm missing, but I didn't see one on my isolation reads.)

- Projection: Jazzmyn has accused both of her main attackers of mindsets that she indicates in her own posts (for Scheherazade, it was misrepresentation and bad attitude; for myself, it seems to be confirmation bias). That's not just hypocritical - given how consistent this has been, I'm seeing evidence of outright projection (where a person or persons "projects", or ascribes, bad attributes of the person or group to another person or group that is seen as an enemy*).

Note that this assessment implies that Jazzmyn subconsciously recognizes misrepresentation, bad attitude, and confirmation bias in her own posts.

* - I've most commonly heard the term used in discussions of fascism, since early fascist groups often showed their own intentions through what they accused their opponents are doing.

The conclusion here is again quite simple: Jazzmyn remains my top suspect under causation analysis, and I will almost certainly vote her after massclaim is done.

I'll get up a response to Jazzmyn's last long post of Day 3 (the hammer post) ASAP.
User out of ambit.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:11 am

Post by Darox »

Right. Right? RIGHT.

Let's get down to business.

Huntress, could you please provide what you believe to be a summary of the state of the day and the players in general?

Zaizer, you too.

As for the state of today, I think we are in conditional LyLo. There still appears to be two killing abilities in play, so the potential for (cross kills/successful vigging) still exists, as well as of course any successful blocking, but any wrong turn of events easily screws us over, so for all intents and purposes it should be treated as lylo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Vi »

@Tarhalindur: I looked through my posts to find what you were talking about with the IIoA, but I didn't see it. What in particular are you talking about?
Tarhalindur 644 wrote:What method do we use for the massclaim? Chosen order? Random order? Popcorn?
'Never done this before, so excuse the question; but what's the difference (okay, I get what the oxymoronic "random order" is) between them and what are the advantages either way?

I think I'll be able to (finally) get back into this game today, so I should have a review of the Jazzmyn case soon as well as some stuff of my own.

-----

@Darox: Considering ZazieR and Huntress already said they were promising analyses (well, okay, just Huntress), and the LyLo thing seems to be a longwinded IIoA that could/should be shortened to say "How 'bout we don't mislynch and we don't have to worry about it", I'm not impressed with your post 682.
Darox 671 wrote:This is the part where I say Unvote and promise that reading is happening.
That reading isn't of this game, by chance, is it? :roll:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Darox »

I got up to about page 12 before the novelty of seeing dead townies fighting among themselves wore off.

I'll read through everything more fully in time, but I want to see what Zaizer and Huntress tell me as well.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Huntress »

Currently I think both Tar and Tom are scum, I've got a niggle about Vi and Zazier which I need to check out, I need to take another look at Caboose/Darox, and I think Jazzmyn is probably town.

I'm working on a post re: Tar and Jazzmyn at the moment.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

ZazieR has been prodded.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Darox 684 wrote:I got up to about page 12 before the novelty of seeing dead townies fighting among themselves wore off.

I'll read through everything more fully in time, but I want to see what Zaizer and Huntress tell me as well.
I sense that you're not going to read at all, unless you have to. <_<

----

Tom Mason
- Despite recent play that sets me on edge a bit (namely surety that Jazzmyn is scum before Jazzmyn attempts to defend herself), Cophalindur claims he's Town. Not worth looking at unless Tarhalindur is scum (see below).

Tarhalindur
- It's theoretically possible that his JOAT claim is a lie - I notice the JOAT differs only from the one he used in Tarhalindur Mostly Mountainous in its kill method - but see no reason to doubt that he had/used a one-shot Vig. That clinches it for me; I don't see a reason to believe scum could get an extra NK with the setup as is.

Huntress
- ribwich seemed Town to me, as said before. Huntress, however, has been on the disappointing - or at least unsubstantiated - side so far. Huntress has mentioned her suspicions on Tom Mason and Tarhalindur a number of times, but still hasn't backed them up. I'm quite interested in seeing what she puts together, especially since she suspects the people I see as uncontestably Town. I'm also interested in seeing why she doesn't suspect Jazzmyn.

ZazieR
- So, why is ZazieR posting in other games and not in this one? There's a small interplay between her and Juls speculating on the setup together early on (but after strife's post saying no no no) that's interesting. Similarly, later she tried to reason with Gimbo and get him to confirm himself. Other than these attachments, I don't really have problems with her... though her lack of activity ITT is a big problem.

Caboose -> Darox
- Rereading, I'm not really sure why people see/saw Caboose as particularly pro-Town. Most of his responses to questions (namely, my questions) seem unhelpful and dodgy. His long walls D1 are mostly saying "hmm this and this and this and this is bad"
ad infinitum
, but I still think his vote for Scheherazade came at a strange time in his posts considering all the other evidence flying around. Moreover, I'm noticing that Caboose was terribly inactive, posting very seldom through D2. On top of his posts, which I don't find all that satisfactory, I think it would be fair to call Caboose an active/lurker. Darox isn't improving on this so far.

Jazzmyn
- Leafing through Tarhalindur's case, the "disingeniousness" post in particular still strikes me as hideously scummy. After that...
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:In fact, what's most striking here is that Jazzmyn seems to have absolute contempt for ANYONE who presents any kind of case at all against her (like Puta Puta, who ridiculed his attackers by claiming that they all had to be opportunistic scum... and while Puta Puta was an idiot, that contemptuous defense IS often seen from scum.)
This is a meta-question I've been wondering about for a while now, because there are a few people who become some combination of hoity and toity when attacked regardless of alignment. Could you show me some examples outside this game where non-Gimbo-level idiots acted like this?
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:Sure, it was a mislynch, but in my experience the town response to a mislynch is to reassess other players rather than defend being on the wagon. Sure, it was a hammer that drew fire, but then I would expect a townie to justify shutting down discussion more than their presence on the wagon. Instead, I'm seeing an attempt to avoid scrutiny for the Jahudo vote (guilty conscience?) and tie EVERYTHING - even setbacks that might spur a rethinking of the situation - into a renewed case on another player. Am I the only person who's thinking that Jazzmyn herself is exhibiting confirmation bias here?
What you have said here very well may be correct - the guilty conscience and confirmation bias - but the important question is whether those are indicative of Town (not necessarily pro-Town). I know in her situation I wouldn't want the hammer held over my head, so I would explain it and move on. The striking part here is, as you said, the confirmation bias - that all of this is evidently Your Fault. I would definitely like to hear Jazzmyn's case in light of this.

See also:
Jazzmyn 672 wrote:In addition, I was
convinced
that iamasusername was pro-town
orly
Was it because of (567), or was there something more?
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:What IS pinging my scumdar is the rush to justify her position as being correct even when the outcome was incorrect, both by attempting to paint her opponent's actions as scummy (which they were not) and to claim that he needed to die even if he was town (HOW THE HELL IS THAT A TOWN MINDSET?)
The difference in scumminess could be put down to a difference of opinion. As far as HOW THE HELL THAT'S A TOWN MINDSET, I would note that Jazzmyn never said that Scheherazade needed to die posthumously.
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:
Hell, most of Jazzmyn's defense this game (lack of detailed defense, suddenly ignoring her main attacker just when he began attacking her in-depth, referring attackers to previous posts under the premise that said posts are self-evident) makes sense if
Jazzmyn is trying to avoid giving detailed defense on the grounds that it would likely prove her scum.

Look at that italicized sentence again, because it's absolutely damning.
I've never heard of this kind of tactic before, not as something done all game. Then again, it does align with how Jazzmyn doesn't seem to look in more than one direction at once unless threatened with corporeal punishment. This is definitely something I want Jazzmyn to answer.
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:(Also of note here: Jazzmyn is suddenly choosing to ignore the player who was her primary target during most of D1 and D2 and clearly her preferred target at the time. Why the hell would ANY townie do that? It shuts down any opportunity for the suspect to show that he is not scum - by play or by claim. - AND it shuts down the opportunity to gather additional evidence against the suspect. Indeed, it suggests that the player who chooses to ignore their suspect is so certain about their case that mere facts cannot shake their belief... and I don't see how a townie could EVER be that sure that another player is scum.)
Under the circumstances of Scheherazade+Jazzmyn, I would agree with this.
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:- Confirmation bias: Note that Jazzmyn goes out of her way to paint EVERYTHING her targets have done as scummy, to the extent that she is unwilling to admit that ANYTHING her targets have posted is not scummy. Even after they're dead and proven town (see: Scheherazade, Jahudo). (Maybe there's an exception I'm missing, but I didn't see one on my isolation reads.)
A little lighter on Jahudo than Scheherazade, and I wouldn't agree with the caps-lock EVERYTHING, but otherwise yes.
Tarhalindur 681 wrote:- Projection: Jazzmyn has accused both of her main attackers of mindsets that she indicates in her own posts (for Scheherazade, it was misrepresentation and bad attitude; for myself, it seems to be confirmation bias). That's not just hypocritical - given how consistent this has been, I'm seeing evidence of outright projection (where a person or persons "projects", or ascribes, bad attributes of the person or group to another person or group that is seen as an enemy*).
Agreed.

Separately from this, there's still quite a bit for Jazzmyn to answer for; namely in the Jahudo hammer itself, violent interactions with a few people and none with others, and the initial jump onto Scheherazade.

-----

Players were listed in order of increasing suspicion.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Vi »

OhGodMyLife 667 wrote:
Based on the interruption due to the recent site crash, deadline has been moved to
January 21st.
Oh lovely. 'Good thing I checked up on this.

We're a day away from deadline and we
still
haven't done anything today. In the cases of Jazzmyn, Huntress, Darox, and especially ZazieR, you haven't SAID anything either. While it's probably not coincidental that you're the four people most likely to be Mafia IMO,
this is unacceptable at potential LyLo!

It's time to start posting whatever you've got. Getting all hands on deck may not happen given the short turn-around time, but we need to make some decisions, fast.

@mod: Has ZazieR picked up her prod?
because looking at her activity onsite, I'm quite... frustrated with her absence.
@Tarhalindur:
You have an outstanding question from me (683). Also, is massclaiming still a good idea given the tight quarters?
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

Vi wrote:
OhGodMyLife 667 wrote:
Based on the interruption due to the recent site crash, deadline has been moved to
January 21st.
Oh lovely. 'Good thing I checked up on this.

We're a day away from deadline and we
still
haven't done anything today. In the cases of Jazzmyn, Huntress, Darox, and especially ZazieR, you haven't SAID anything either. While it's probably not coincidental that you're the four people most likely to be Mafia IMO,
this is unacceptable at potential LyLo!

It's time to start posting whatever you've got. Getting all hands on deck may not happen given the short turn-around time, but we need to make some decisions, fast.

@mod: Has ZazieR picked up her prod?
because looking at her activity onsite, I'm quite... frustrated with her absence.
@Tarhalindur:
You have an outstanding question from me (683). Also, is massclaiming still a good idea given the tight quarters?
@Vi: After reading your analysis of everyone... Are you willing to vote against Jazzmyn?

As you said, we are a day away from the deadline, with only two votes I believe. Highly unlikely we will see a majority lynch. But I think with two more votes we could see a deadline lynch.

I do not like how she has continually come back to say she is working on her case against Tar and myself... But then disappears only to come back shortly after to repeat the same.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

BLEEEEEEEEP!
Vi wrote:
Tarhalindur 644 wrote:What method do we use for the massclaim? Chosen order? Random order? Popcorn?
'Never done this before, so excuse the question; but what's the difference (okay, I get what the oxymoronic "random order" is) between them and what are the advantages either way?
Random order: No way in which Mafia can screw up the order, but we can't prevent likely power roles from claiming early and there aren't tells from who each claimee chooses.

Popcorn: Exactly the reverse of random order.

Doesn't matter, I missed how soon the deadline is - we don't have time for a massclaim, so we'll have to work without it.

This, in turn, poses a second problem. I am increasingly concerned that we're actually dealing with a 13-3-3 setup, given how little activity I've seen today.

If this is the case, the following are likely:

- Vi is likely scum, probably the last surviving member of the team that originally included Xtoxm and Puta Puta, for the same reasons that I'm sure Vi isn't Mafia if this is single-Mafia after all. Either way, we can't afford to lynch him today.
- Jazzmyn and Huntress are very likely from the unrevealed scumgroup (Huntress's refusal to act becomes significant here, and scumhunting is NOT a town tell in a multiple-faction game, negating the strongest point in Huntress's favor); Darox is probably the third.
- Tom Mason, ZazieR, and myself are likely/certainly town, by process of elimination.

Screw it, either way I'm pretty much certain that Jazzmyn is scum of the sort we can lynch today.

Vote: Jazzmyn
LOCK ON: Jazzmyn
User out of ambit.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Vi »

Tom Mason 689 wrote:@Vi: After reading your analysis of everyone... Are you willing to vote against Jazzmyn?
Yes.
I'll see who else shows up today - it IS short notice - and vote tonight; but unless one of the absent four convinces me to do something else it's going to be Jazzmyn.

@Tarhalindur: My scumdar doth protest too much about calling ZazieR Town
over me
. I'd like to hear about her prod status, but making 60 posts elsewhere over three weeks since her last one here? Implausible.

Also@Tarhalindur:
Vi 683 wrote:@Tarhalindur: I looked through my posts to find what you were talking about with the IIoA, but I didn't see it. What in particular are you talking about?
This is what I was talking about; I completely forgot about the question right below it ;>.>
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

ZazieR has not picked up her prod. Seeking a replacement.
Deadline will be reset for three days after the entry of a replacement into the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Vi »

OGML, if you haven't already, don't delete the prod PM. It looks like you sent it a few hours after her last post... Sunday. I'm interested in seeing when she picks it up.

Though I'm grateful for the deadline extension.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vi wrote:Huntress, however, has been on the disappointing - or at least unsubstantiated - side so far.
Yes, I'm disappointed in my progress so far too. :(

I've been finding it difficult to concentrate for more than short spells at a time recently plus another game has been coming to a head; but I've just been lynched in that one so I'm down to two games now and this one will have priority.

I, too, am glad of the extension.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Tom Mason »

Huntress wrote:
Zazier wrote:About the massclaim, I wouldn't mind doing it now. It would give us an impression about the set-up. What's the main reason for not doing it today?
I think the main reason is that it tells the scum who the power roles are and we've no guarantee there's another doctor. I'd rather leave it up to the PRs to decide whether any information they have so far is enough to take the risk.
I think this really needs to be addressed NOW. I could care less about your analysis of each of us and why you think we are scum or not when I look back at the above quote.

Answer this question carefully...

Do you not believe the town could lose this game, regardless of claiming, during this day/night cycle
(LyLo)
? Why or why not?

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Rhinox replaces ZazieR. Welcome to the game, Rhinox!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Thanks OGML! glad to be here.

Everyone else, I'm just starting to read the thread now. It might take me a little while to catch up, but I should have the whole thread read by sometime tomorrow.

A little about my mafia experience, for those I haven't played with yet, I've been playing on the site for 6 or 7 months, and only had a limited experience with mafia on *some* site I can't remember, about 10 years ago. I started out only playing in 1 game at a time, which explains my smaller number of games played, but recently have decided I can handle more games at a time (this game makes me alive in 4). I don't usually get upset or emotional, but I do have a tendancy to occasionally make long posts that some people don't like. If my posts start getting to long, give me a "tl;dr" and I'll get the point. I've also never once been prodded, let alone replaced, so take some comfort in knowing that I'm an active player, at least. Also, all of my previous games have either been mini's or newbies, so if there are any tips or anything different I should expect about a larger game, I'm always open for learning. Like a sponge. :)

If there are any pressing matters I should address, regarding my predecessor, or any other questions you guys want me to answer, ask and I'll answer. Otherwise, I probably won't post until I'm finished reading, or if my read is taking longer than I expected.

I'm going to obligatory
unvote
. I don't know who or even if zaz was voting for anyone, but since I have replaced in, if and when I'm voting for someone, it will be based on my justification, and not zaz's.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Vi »

Rhinox 697 wrote:Thanks OGML! glad to be here.

Everyone else, I'm just starting to read the thread now. It might take me a little while to catch up, but I should have the whole thread read by sometime tomorrow.

A little about my mafia experience, for those I haven't played with yet, I've been playing on the site for 6 or 7 months, and only had a limited experience with mafia on *some* site I can't remember, about 10 years ago. I started out only playing in 1 game at a time, which explains my smaller number of games played, but recently have decided I can handle more games at a time (this game makes me alive in 4). I don't usually get upset or emotional, but I do have a tendancy to occasionally make long posts that some people don't like. If my posts start getting to long, give me a "tl;dr" and I'll get the point. I've also never once been prodded, let alone replaced, so take some comfort in knowing that I'm an active player, at least. Also, all of my previous games have either been mini's or newbies, so if there are any tips or anything different I should expect about a larger game, I'm always open for learning. Like a sponge. :)

If there are any pressing matters I should address, regarding my predecessor, or any other questions you guys want me to answer, ask and I'll answer. Otherwise, I probably won't post until I'm finished reading, or if my read is taking longer than I expected.

I'm going to obligatory
unvote
. I don't know who or even if zaz was voting for anyone, but since I have replaced in, if and when I'm voting for someone, it will be based on my justification, and not zaz's.
tl;dr already you sponge

:D

-----

Let me see if I can
not
get shot down by OGML for a third time on this subject...
@mod: When is the deadline?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Hi Rhinox. Congratulations on making me think you were Cop during Mini 716.
Vi wrote:
Tom Mason 689 wrote:@Vi: After reading your analysis of everyone... Are you willing to vote against Jazzmyn?
Yes.
I'll see who else shows up today - it IS short notice - and vote tonight; but unless one of the absent four convinces me to do something else it's going to be Jazzmyn.

@Tarhalindur: My scumdar doth protest too much about calling ZazieR Town
over me
. I'd like to hear about her prod status, but making 60 posts elsewhere over three weeks since her last one here? Implausible.
There's a reason why I think you're very probably scum if the game is 13-3-3, but I will not elaborate at this time. (*Maybe* after massclaim, but I don't think we have enough time for that now.)
Also@Tarhalindur:
Vi 683 wrote:@Tarhalindur: I looked through my posts to find what you were talking about with the IIoA, but I didn't see it. What in particular are you talking about?
This is what I was talking about; I completely forgot about the question right below it ;>.>
Oops, let's fix that shall we?

The largest possible IIoA I see in your posts is your conversation with Tom Mason and iamausername on out-of-game subjects early Day 3 (December 2-December 4 in particular) and to a lesser extent Day 1 (while discussing Juls' "community service points". Before I explain further, allow me to ask: What was your reason for going on out-of-game tangent discussions with Tom Mason and iamausername D3.

Also, embarassingly, one potential IIoA comment I was remembering was from another player (iamausername, referring to you... ":D Vi is obvtown. OK, no. But she is awesome."). OOPS.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”