Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:yosarian is a very funny sk mason
Let me know when you intend to stop screwing around and start playing mafia.
i'm not screwing around. my vote is where it needs to be, and i'm commenting on my other opinions as they form. in this case, your mad lib line actually made me laugh, so i said so.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Will keep reading. Too many pages popping up at once.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

MafiaSSK wrote:Will keep reading. Too many pages popping up at once.
...not lurking, right?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

The game has actually slowed down alot recently, looks like veryone got out thier opinions on the whole mason thing.
I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
and
Vote: Penguins of the serengeti
I am pretty equally torn between PotS and Litral but PotS looks like the most likely to be voted to a lynch. Litrals last post has redeemed him slightly...
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

roflcopter wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Will keep reading. Too many pages popping up at once.
...not lurking, right?
No. I won't resort back to that chronic of lurking.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Rofl, if you're not screwing around, you are scum. If you are town, you need to hear this: You ARE screwing around, and it's hurting us. Town needs to work as a team. It doesn't matter how well you think you've read the other people playing. You are making yourself seem suspicious, so no one here is willing to follow your leads. This isn't poker. It's a team game. If you're town, you owe it to us not to act the way you've been. Either play better, or continue to be as anti-town as you've been and get lynched. It won't be our fault; it will be yours. If Penguins of S wasn't doing the same thing as you in addition to his Mason revelations, I think all of his votes would be on you right now.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote: Yosarian2, you said you don't think she is scum because she acted like this before as town. I ask again, if she's like this when she's town, then what is she like when she is scum?
That's actually a valid question, and I'm not sure if I've played with her when she was scum before, although with all her alts it's hard to keep track. (Penguins, have I?)

Still, frustrating as she has been, nothing she's done this game is any different from how I've seen her act as town many, many times, so I'm not going to join that wagon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by roflcopter »

gnkoichi wrote:Town needs to work as a team.
gee, thats strange. where i come from, each individual member of the town doesn't know who is on his team, so he isn't working as a team, he's scumhunting as an individual. so stop trying to browbeat me away from going after your scumbuddies.
soi soi soi

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Ugh. Right, you know what?
unvote; Vote roflcopter
Because I'm fed up of you leading the town into a massive circle-jerk about sk masons and how yos is very funny and quite frankly, if I had tits, you'd be getting on them. As it is, the only reason I'm not pulling my hair out is because the chemo will do a quicker job of getting it out. But only just. That's how fucking annoying you are.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Rofl, I haven't said anything about who you're voting for, so for you to come back and accuse me of defending anyone, let alone calling me scum in the process, is way over the top. And THAT's you're problem. You are so far over the top that you are no longer helping town. And yes we DO need to work as a team. We don't know who to trust, so it's a town player's job to be TRUSTWORTHY! If we can't trust you, you look like scum. If you think you're so good at calling who is scum, don't you want people to believe you? Don't you want to provide analysis so that you can convince others to vote along side you? If you don't care about those things, you might as well not play, because getting the town on the same page and lynching a scum together is the only way to win this game. You care about that or you are scum yourself. Simple as that. Again, if Penguins of S wasn't doing the same thing and worse, you'd be my target right now.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm seeing a very strong link between roflcopter and Penguins of the Serengeti, and they both need to get real or die. If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'm seeing a very strong link between roflcopter and Penguins of the Serengeti, and they both need to get real or die. If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
megascumpost
soi soi soi

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I'm seeing a very strong link between roflcopter and Penguins of the Serengeti, and they both need to get real or die. If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
megascumpost
*plugs ears and sings* Oh say, can you see by the dawn's early light...

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Vino »

StrangerCoug wrote:If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
Directing other players, not cool. Nobody's mentioned a vig so far.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Ugh. Right, you know what?
unvote; Vote roflcopter
Because I'm fed up of you leading the town into a massive circle-jerk about sk masons and how yos is very funny and quite frankly, if I had tits, you'd be getting on them. As it is, the only reason I'm not pulling my hair out is because the chemo will do a quicker job of getting it out. But only just. That's how fucking annoying you are.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... ha. It must be the whole "across the pond" thing because I found this hilarious.
Yosarian2 wrote:That's actually a valid question, and I'm not sure if I've played with her when she was scum before, although with all her alts it's hard to keep track. (Penguins, have I?)

Still, frustrating as she has been, nothing she's done this game is any different from how I've seen her act as town many, many times, so I'm not going to join that wagon.
I hate to state the obvious here, so I won't. However, if she's flippant and eccentric when she's town I see no reason she wouldn't be as scum too. Barring her alts, she has only ever played town that I was able to read.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Litral »

Lowell wrote:I'm of the general opinion that claiming mason puts burdens on scum that they don't want.
Why is this? Because I'm not convinced at all. I hope you can explain, because it seems relevant to the current discussion.

@rofl: Can you give a list of people you've claimed to be definitely town? And what if one of them shows up as scum? Also, I would have to say you are indeed screwing around... start explaining your "oh it's so obvious" posts >.<

@Penguin: Uh, please explain why you outed all the masons.
Numberfourteen wrote:The game has actually slowed down alot recently, looks like veryone got out thier opinions on the whole mason thing.
Unvote
and
I am pretty equally torn between PotS and Litral but PotS looks like the most likely to be voted to a lynch. Litrals last post has redeemed him slightly...
Uh... you're voting a person over another only because they're more likely to be lynched? (Not as if I'd like you to switch, personally, but I feel this deserves pressure)

Vino, you should probably claim. With a PM. You're at L-2, I think.

---

Okay, on the masons thing.

Apparently there are six masons, and it is considered likely that at least one of them is a scum mason. This is apparently based on the thought that if they are all town, then the town will easily win. First of all, this sort of thinking is slightly WIFOM, because maybe you really are all town and start lynching each other. Second of all, there could be many possibilities in which they are not masons aligned with the scum - such as they simply have their own win conditions.

Due to this, I will have to agree with Yos that outing them is not at all a good idea. Scum may not even know who the masons are - in fact, the chances are fairly likely. If I were a mason, I would wait a few days to see if the scum kill any of us in order to decide (with a certain probability) whether or not our identities have been revealed to the scum.

Also, perhaps the most important opinion - I agree that we should preferentially lynch masons. Now that they're outed, we know for sure the scum aren't going to kill them... so if there is indeed a scum mason among them, we need to root them out eventually. But not day one - the game seems too strange to decide on a strategy on day one.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vino wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
Directing other players, not cool. Nobody's mentioned a vig so far.
That's why I said "if we have a vig". While whether directing one is a good idea is open to debate, I don't think it's scummy in and of itself to do so as long as the player directed to is selected for a good reason.

alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Roflcopter is being his normal self.

Knights of Cyclodonia/GnKoichi are being typical roflcopter reactors. This is the reaction most people get when playing with roflcopter for the first time, but trust me, he is always like this regardless of alignment. So right now your vote is a useless emotional vote.

StrangerCoug is being his normal self except for THIS POST which is totally dumb and scummy:
Basically you're saying you aren't a vig also.

Numberfourteen seems connected to Vino, townly or not.
Is back.
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Litral wrote:@Penguin: Uh, please explain why you outed all the masons.
I explained it already. The probability of all masons being town is close to zero. My first though when I saw that long mason list in my PM was 'which one is scum?' So the scum already knows.

Then, TWO masons broke the cardinal rule of masons not voting each other, that is, Yosarian and orangepenguin. After they screwed up, there was no way that the town could deduce who the masons are by their voting patterns, if the town masons were dead. The surviving scum masons could have easily exploited the mason mess ups.

So now everybody, including the townies, know who the masons are.

I also considered what we might become NK-bait. But then, it's so certain that at least one, if not more than one, of us is scum, that every time the scum nightkills a town mason, they are narrowing the field and exposing themselves. They'd be foolish to do that. Now I had not considered the issue of the SK; but since the SK is Yosarian, he too won't want to expose himself by targeting the masons for the NK.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm

In other news, Litral is still scum.

So the list has grown. Litral, Yosarian, Vino and StrangerCoug.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

Litral wrote:
Numberfourteen wrote:The game has actually slowed down alot recently, looks like veryone got out thier opinions on the whole mason thing.
Unvote
and
Uh... you're voting a person over another only because they're more likely to be lynched? (Not as if I'd like you to switch, personally, but I feel this deserves pressure)
I already stated in an earlier post that they are both my top candidates, and I am OK with a lynch on either, unfortunately I cannot vote for both at the same time. So I will keep my vote with the person I think has the best chance of being lynched right now, until something changes my mind about these two. As of right now, they are tied, but PotS has been on the way up in scumminess, and Litral has recently started dropping in scumminess, so we will see where the day takes us...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote: I also considered what we might become NK-bait. But then, it's so certain that at least one, if not more than one, of us is scum, that every time the scum nightkills a town mason, they are narrowing the field and exposing themselves. They'd be foolish to do that. Now I had not considered the issue of the SK; but since the SK is Yosarian, he too won't want to expose himself by targeting the masons for the NK.
Actually, you're still missing the point. The problem is that now the SK probably won't kill us, and instead, will be much more likely real town power roles, when I would much rather he would kill glorified townies like us.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:In other news, Litral is still scum.
(nods) Yup.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Numberfourteen wrote:As of right now, they are tied, but PotS has been on the way up in scumminess, and Litral has recently started dropping in scumminess, so we will see where the day takes us...
I love this. Could be be because one player was lurking and had to be prodded, and the other is posting a lot in an effort to shake the scum out of hiding even if that means drawing the fire to herself?

Which reminds me, I accidentally dropped #14 from my scumlist in my most recent post.

Thus, in the name of accuracy, and for posterity:

SCUMLIST: Litral, Numberfourteen, Yosarian, Vino and StrangerCoug.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:The problem is that now the SK probably won't kill us, and instead, will be much more likely real town power roles, when I would much rather he would kill glorified townies like us.
I hadn't thought of
that.
It's as if you can read the mind of how a serial killer would behave in this game, it's truly uncanny, the detail in which to see the SK's point of view rather than, say, the more populous and prevalent mafia, which, I dunno, I presonally feel is more of a threat given that so far we had no night and no evidence of a serial killer.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:14 pm

You also conveniently forget how you and orangepenguin put a monkey wrench in the masons' voting patterns that the scum could have exploited later.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”