GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Alvin, don't excuse Rofl. Whether or not he's normally this way, he's still acting anti-town. If he does it every game, he hurts every game he's in. He's hurting us now, and I'll dog him for it till he changes or dies.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:The problem is that now the SK probably won't kill us, and instead, will be much more likely real town power roles, when I would much rather he would kill glorified townies like us.
I hadn't thought of
that.
It's as if you can read the mind of how a serial killer would behave in this game, it's truly uncanny, the detail in which to see the SK's point of view rather than, say, the more populous and prevalent mafia, which, I dunno, I presonally feel is more of a threat given that so far we had no night and no evidence of a serial killer.
Lol. Yeah, it's bizzare, it's almost like I might know what the right way to play a SK is, like I might have some insight into mafia game theory or something.

(Hint: It's not what I'm doing.)

Anyway, didn't I already go through all this, several pages ago?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Copter is not acting anti-town at all. Where do you get this? He's expressing opinions, sticking his neck out, and moving things along. He doesn't hurt every game he's in, that's total and utter rubbish.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Lol. Yeah, it's bizzare, it's almost like I might know what the right way to play a SK is, like I might have some insight into mafia game theory or something.
Was your PhD thesis on insights into the mind of serial killers, which you personally researched by killing people at night?

:lol:
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

alvinz95 wrote:StrangerCoug is being his normal self except for THIS POST which is totally dumb and scummy:
StrangerCoug wrote:I'm seeing a very strong link between roflcopter and Penguins of the Serengeti, and they both need to get real or die. If we have a vig and one of those people get lynched, I want him or her to target the other.
Basically you're saying you aren't a vig also.
That is the implication, yes. However, it is only scummy if I claim contradictory to what I imply in this post. I have not claimed yet, and I'm nowhere near that point.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Copter is not acting anti-town at all. Where do you get this? He's expressing opinions, sticking his neck out, and moving things along. He doesn't hurt every game he's in, that's total and utter rubbish.
Yeah, right. Most of his recent contributions, as are yours, are OMGUS attacks. In addition, other games are irrelevant to this one as far as tells are concerned.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Copter is not acting anti-town at all. Where do you get this? He's expressing opinions, sticking his neck out, and moving things along. He doesn't hurt every game he's in, that's total and utter rubbish.
He claims to have all these amazing scum reads, but he gives no information. If he has this information and is withholding it, he's hurting town, as he passes on a chance to galvanize the town against a specific scum target. If he doesn't have this information, he's sowing chaos, which hurts town by giving scum a chance to organize or find an easy target.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Yeah, right. Most of his recent contributions, as are yours, are OMGUS attacks. In addition, other games are irrelevant to this one as far as tells are concerned.
Um...what? Most of his posts have either been attacking me (not OMGUS) or attacking Vino (not OMGUS), or attacking Literl (not OMGUS). So, again...what?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Yosarian2 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Um...what? Most of his posts have either been attacking me (not OMGUS) or attacking Vino (not OMGUS), or attacking Literl (not OMGUS). So, again...what?
Damn it, that's what I get for being so sure of a scumpair. He is unnecessarily defensive of Penguins of the Serengeti, however, which is where I might be getting that from.

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:You also conveniently forget how you and orangepenguin put a monkey wrench in the masons' voting patterns that the scum could have exploited later.
Huh? :shock:

Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions. :P
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 1.7 wrote:Numberfourteen(0):
Penguins of the Serengeti(5): Empking's Alt, Vino, StrangerCoug, GnKoichi, numberfourteen
Lowell(0):
Vino(6): Litral, roflcopter, Yosarian2, alvinz97, Penguins of the Serengeti, Lowell
Head_Honcho(0):
Empking's Alt(0):
Knights of Cydonia(0):
orangepenguin(0):
Yosarian2(1): Head_Honcho
roflcopter(1): Knight of Cydonia
MafiaSSK(0):
crywolf20084(0):
StrangerCoug(0):
Litral(1): MafiaSSK
alvinz95(0):
GnKoichi(0):
To Lynch: 9
Deadline: February 17
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by roflcopter »

God I want to vote StrangerCoug right now. Who'd be willing to hit that wagon?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

roflcopter wrote:God I want to vote StrangerCoug right now. Who'd be willing to hit that wagon?
Now that I've finished reading. I'll amazingly agree with you.
Unvote,vote SC
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Vino »

Litral wrote:Vino, you should probably claim. With a PM. You're at L-2, I think.
Um, no. Learn some math. I'm at L-3, and of the people who have not voted me there are not enough who haven't expressed support or defense of me to get me lynched. I'm in no danger of being lynched right now, and it's uncool of you to try to get me to claim.
StrangerCoug wrote:That's why I said "if we have a vig". While whether directing one is a good idea is open to debate, I don't think it's scummy in and of itself to do so as long as the player directed to is selected for a good reason.
Inside knowledge of whether we have a vig nonwithstanding (obviously if you're not a vig there's no way you would know) it gives information which may damage the vig's identity in the future, if there is one. It also gives the mafia an idea of who to kill to look like a vig. I'm sure it also does lots of anti-town things I can't even think of, it's like a pandora's box of mafia.

People seem to be defending roflcopter and Serengeti based on meta. I don't disapprove of the meta, but I do disapprove of the logic. Previous games have no bearing on whether they are scum this game, and in this game they are corroborating and mirroring each other, and showing scummy behavior and so must be pressed. It's only fair. I have no problem with them acting flippant and nonchalant, but their apparently lies and self-contradictions are more than I can overlook.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I explained it already. The probability of all masons being town is close to zero. My first though when I saw that long mason list in my PM was 'which one is scum?' So the scum already knows.
So let the masons out themselves. They are capable of speaking. Isn't there a mason thread where you can decide these things among yourselves privately before betraying them?

Also, when I used this
same exact logic
you called me scummy for it. Why the double standard?

Also, why are you strawmanning some made up rule about masons not voting each other? That logic makes no sense and here's why: It is likely there may be third parties looking for masons, and voting each other is an acceptable strategy of throwing off their trails. SK's for example, or multiple mafia parties. If one of the masons dies and the town needs to figure out who are the remaining masons, they can ask the masons who are still alive, and discover lies through the usual methods of investigation or logic. With such a large mason group, masons can be verified simply by strength of numbers.
MafiaSSK wrote:
roflcopter wrote:God I want to vote StrangerCoug right now. Who'd be willing to hit that wagon?
Now that I've finished reading. I'll amazingly agree with you.
Unvote,vote SC
Why?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I find it interesting that roflcopter is unwilling to vote me seemingly because he knows he's got practically nothing to back it up with, yet he got MafiaSSK to do so. What is the case on me?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by roflcopter »

StrangerCoug wrote:I find it interesting that roflcopter is unwilling to vote me seemingly because he knows he's got practically nothing to back it up with, yet he got MafiaSSK to do so. What is the case on me?
well thats a hell of a mischaracterization. i'm unwilling to vote you because my vote is doing a hell of a lot more good on a wagon than it would be alone on you.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by roflcopter »

[quote="orangepenguin"Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions. [/quote]

jesus what an underhanded way to try and discredit anything i'm saying in this game
soi soi soi

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

roflcopter wrote:[quote="orangepenguin"Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions.
jesus what an underhanded way to try and discredit anything i'm saying in this game[/quote]
No, it's just your playstyle isn't the type you should really be following along with. If anything, I am discrediting what PoS is saying. Well, only the bits of him following along with him.

But SC, who was a vig before, knows better to direct the vig. Kind of scummy and hypocritical.
vote: stranger coug
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, I don't see where Penguins is going where he is basically calling me scummy, because I random voted him. First of all, I did a vote and then unvote simultaneously, so it never was a valid vote. I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. I didn't vote him because he was a mason partner. It was just my random joke vote I never got to use. I chose him *gasp* because my username has penguin in it and so does his, so I figured I'd make a joke about that. I don't see any relevance in his point.
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

I still do not understand PotS problem with a mason voting for another mason... it makes very little sense when you even said yourself that there are almost for sure scum among the masons. Then you go on to out all of the masons, and start a crusade against them.
PotS I would like to hear a detailed summary on why you think every one on your scum list is scummy. And why it seems that the only people on your list, are the people who have attacked you. coincidence?
I would also like to know if anyone with a vino or PotS vote thinks that they are both scummy, or is it pretty split that either you are against PotS, or against Vino?
Me personally I don't see too much reason to be against Vino. He did have one real scummy post, but I cannot find anything else in any of his post that is very antitown.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:23 am

orangepenguin wrote:Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions. :P
Both Copter and I tend to play by gut I think, and our guts tend to inpendently reach similar conclusions. I don't influence his judgement, he doesn't influence mine. We just happen to see the same sort of things, and reach the inevitable same conclusions.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:26 am

Numberfourteen wrote:I still do not understand PotS problem with a mason voting for another mason... it makes very little sense when you even said yourself that there are almost for sure scum among the masons.
Have I not explained this ad nauseum? Go read my posts.
Numberfourteen wrote:PotS I would like to hear a detailed summary on why you think every one on your scum list is scummy. And why it seems that the only people on your list, are the people who have attacked you. coincidence?
Refresh my memory. Didn't I attack you first? And what about Vino? Am I not suspicious of Vino because Yos is bus'ing him so vigorously? No wonder I think you're scummy.
Numberfourteen wrote:I would also like to know if anyone with a vino or PotS vote thinks that they are both scummy, or is it pretty split that either you are against PotS, or against Vino?
Me personally I don't see too much reason to be against Vino. He did have one real scummy post, but I cannot find anything else in any of his post that is very antitown.
Wow. Just wow. How manipulative.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 am

orangepenguin wrote:Oh, I don't see where Penguins is going where he is basically calling me scummy, because I random voted him. First of all, I did a vote and then unvote simultaneously, so it never was a valid vote. I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. I didn't vote him because he was a mason partner. It was just my random joke vote I never got to use. I chose him *gasp* because my username has penguin in it and so does his, so I figured I'd make a joke about that. I don't see any relevance in his point.
YOU DON'T VOTE YOUR MASON BUDDIES - that's the code of honor. That's how masons breadcrumb their buddies, by not voting each other. If you voted for me, especially at the random stage, this will be interpreted later as 'POTS & OP were NOT buddies because OP voted POTS.'
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 am

To answer another question, the masons do have a QT but we don't day talk, and we were not allowed to talk during the pre-game.

I still think Yosarian and OP lost track of their mason buddies, having to remember their scum buddies more urgently.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:48 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vino: I'm just getting scum vibes from SC.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:36 am

Again I was inaccurate in my scumlist, I forgot orangepenguin:

SCUMLIST: Litral, Numberfourteen, Yosarian, Vino, orangepenguin and StrangerCoug.

Yes three of them are masons. orangepenguin may be the least scummy in the lot, the rest are pretty much equivalent but for different reasons. I'm willing to lynch any of these players.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”