Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:19 am

Post by Assasin »

Unvote

What about King Enigma and Mastermind Of Sin?
I will eventually kill you all.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:58 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Their time will come soon enough. Sudden lurkers that just come back from the dead (or the flu) are highly suspicious.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:53 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'm not lurking...this game has just been going really slow, and while Assassin is somewhat suspicious, I am content with my vote at the moment...if it comes close to lynch, I might change to Assassin, but right now Maverick and Tally are above him...
Permanent V/LA.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:04 pm

Post by justinl »

does anyone feel like the reason this game si going so slow is because whenever we start discussing something IS creates a diversion?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yep, but at least the Assasin diversion is scummy looking.
MoS wrote:if it comes close to lynch, I might change to Assassin, but right now Maverick and Tally are above him...
I think it's 3/5.... some people would consider that getting close to a lynch.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:22 pm

Its not my fault that Assassin looks like scum.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by justinl »

what do you mean "the assasin diversion is scummy looking" - that assasin looks scummy or that IS looks scummy by creating it?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:46 pm

Post by Talitha »

I meant Assasin looks scummy.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Talitha wrote:Yep, but at least the Assasin diversion is scummy looking.
MoS wrote:if it comes close to lynch, I might change to Assassin, but right now Maverick and Tally are above him...
I think it's 3/5.... some people would consider that getting close to a lynch.
oh, i didn't realize it was so little to lynch...I'm too used to big games where it's like 9 to lynch or something

UNVOTE, VOTE: Assasin
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Assasin wrote:
Unvote

Diversionary tactics are not what's called for here. You're at either 3/5 or 4/5, and either way you'd better start coming up with something to defend yourself, as opposed to just shifting blame.

Me, I'm still curious about why you have been posting just enough to be noticed but not actually saying anything of note. You've only voted twice, once for Dourgrim and once for JustinL... and most of your other posts are "I have no idea what's going on." You must have some opinion on something, we've been playing for almost two months...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:32 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Assasin wrote:
Unvote

Diversionary tactics are not what's called for here. You're at either 3/5 or 4/5, and either way you'd better start coming up with something to defend yourself, as opposed to just shifting blame.

Me, I'm still curious about why you have been posting just enough to be noticed but not actually saying anything of note. You've only voted twice, once for Dourgrim and once for JustinL... and most of your other posts are "I have no idea what's going on." You must have some opinion on something, we've been playing for almost two months...
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:47 am

Post by Assasin »

okay, now that i'm about to be lynched ill roleclaim.
I'm Keith Richards, normal Townie. I'm to lazy to go out at night so I have to work my magic during the day.
And thats all the pm said, and thats my defense. Lynching me would be stupid!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*smacks forehead* Another townie role...well, failing a counterclaim by another Richards, can you address a little more of why you said "I don't need IS to tell me he (Dourgrim) is evil" on Day One? I'm still hung up on that initial impression...

Unvote: Assasin
long enough for him to respond...and maybe to get an accurate vote count from the mod.
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:20 am

Post by Assasin »

It was a random vote, thats reallly all that there is to it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ugh, I'm not sure what to do.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:56 pm

I dont believe him, if some lurker doesnt blow him out fo the water, I dont believe that he could be just a normal townie.
Show

justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by justinl »

I'm not really big into guitars.. would soemone mind telling me how famous keith richards is?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:18 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

*smacks forehead* Rhythm Guitarist for the Rolling Stones, bears a striking resemblance to a zombie (some say he's had his blood replaced with embalming fluid). Famous heroin (and other drugs) addict...and quite a guitarist.

I'd say I'd be surprised if he's not in this game, but I couldn't have predicted Allen Hollsworth, and didn't expect Johnny Rotten...so clearly we're working from different songbooks here. :P
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time lynching Keith. It's a ballsy claim to make if it's not true. This is assuming that the scum don't all have nice famous guitarists roles.

And we had Johnny Ramone rather than Rotten. If Johnny Rotten turns up I'll lynch him in a heartbeat.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:00 pm

Post by justinl »

Err, are we forgetting that the scum can be guitarists too?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

No I'm just assuming that there will be some distinction between the town roles and the scum roles. :|
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Talitha wrote:And we had Johnny Ramone rather than Rotten. If Johnny Rotten turns up I'll lynch him in a heartbeat.
*checks notes* You're right, I had written down Rotten, not Ramone...that makes a lot more sense now.

On the scale of guitarists who might be scum, I think Richards applies even if he's not a false roleclaim. So far everything I know about roles can be tied in *some* way to the actual person, so I guess without knowing who the scum are we can't assume a guitar player is safe. Maybe rhythm guitarists vs. lead guitarists?

Still want a vote count before I revote, though. Work's too busy today for me to do one by hand...
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:03 am

Post by Maverick »

Does anyone know the vote count right now?

Talitha might be right about the town possably being less known guitarists, than that of the scum being more known guitarists, but I'm not going to go by that, because I'm not sure about it.

Mr. Flay, do you know if Jonny Ramone and/or Hollsworth are rythm? I'm not sure, I don't really keep up with guitarists, especially rhythm guitarists.

I honestly don't think Assasin is lying, and have never really thought he was scummy, but we lynched dourgrim after he claimed town, why wouldn't we lynch Assasin? I'm not saying we should lynch him, I'm just curious, is that like a strategy of some sort? Or was it just because it was day one..? Anyways, I'm not going to vote for Assasin, because I believe his claim, and don't really want to lose another town. If all else fails we could just continue the day with discussion.

*Maverick*
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The way I count it, Assasin has three votes right now (IS, Talitha, MOS), and an almost-vote from me. Nobody else has any votes, and both justinl and Assasin have voted but since taken it back. Nonny, Maverick, and KingEnigma haven't voted at all. That should be 9...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, the lead guitarist/rhythm guitarist line is a little fuzzy in some bands, but as far as I can tell:

Johnny Ramone is (was?) a lead guitarist.
Allan Holdsworth is a lead guitarist in jazz/fusion primarily.
Eddie Van Halen is a lead guitarist of course.

And for completeness, my role is a lead guitarist.

Of course, none of this is conclusive: Keith Richards is a major force in Rolling Stones' music. Despite not having the official title of "lead guitarist", he's generally better known than the men who have careened through the use of that title...
Maverick wrote:I honestly don't think Assasin is lying, and have never really thought he was scummy, but we lynched dourgrim after he claimed town, why wouldn't we lynch Assasin? I'm not saying we should lynch him, I'm just curious, is that like a strategy of some sort? Or was it just because it was day one..?
Day One is a different beast than any other day of the game; the town has the least information at that point because there's been no verifiable information presented in thread, and the scummy players already know who the town is and their suspicions of the remaining roles are probably honed from Night One's results. Failing someone crumbling under pressure or a lucky strike by town bandwagon, you're relatively unlike (<33%?) to lynch a scum that day. If we had more participation, we'd probably be doing better today... instead we have multiple lurkers.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

Maverick wrote:Talitha might be right about the town possably being less known guitarists, than that of the scum being more known guitarists, but I'm not going to go by that, because I'm not sure about it.
I don't recall saying anything like this. I don't agree with it anyway.

If I were modding this game, the townies would be famous guitarists and the scum would be famous classical musicians or drummers or something.

unvote: Assasin, vote: nonny

Too damn quiet :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”