orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

EBWOP: Oh wait, I am not allowed to suspect my mason partners, but you are. I forgot - The Mason Code! Ignore my FOS, please!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

orangepenguin wrote:EBWOP: Oh wait, I am not allowed to suspect my mason partners, but you are. I forgot - The Mason Code! Ignore my FOS, please!
It is not the mason code but the double standard that I see as wrong. By all means attack her if you think she's scum.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I know, I know. That was all sarcasm, hence the exclamation points. I don't see why I am scummy for random voting her (and quickly unvoting in the same post, mind you), while PoS is not scummy, for doing the same thing.
unvote, Vote: Penguins
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Orangepenguin, are you dense on purpose?

There is a difference between UNCLAIMED mason not voting each other for the purpose of breadcrumbing their partners and preventing future confusion in case they are killed, and actually voting your mason buddy with an explicit suspicion that you think your mason buddy is a scum mason.

AFTER I'M DEAD - I hope that all players that played the 'stupid card' are vigged and lynched in short order.

Those that are voting me, are voting for a lynch, since I have already claimed.

Even if I turn out to be the Day 1 lynch, I want everyone to remember that there will then be 5 masons. And I am willing to bet the farm that not only one mason is scum, but that there very well be more than one.

That means that after I'm dead, the chances of killing a scum mason are greater than they are now. The chances of killing a scum mason will increase to a minimum 20% or maybe 40% - or maybe even more. If there are two scum factions, I would not be surprised if there is a representative of both, and if there is a SK, I would not be surprised if we have a SK scum mason.

I personally suspect A LOT of the masons, obviously. Moreso now than earlier in the game. Except for Lowell, the mason group is very dodgy. Orangepenguin, Numberfourteen, and Yosarian especially, and not necessarily in that order.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I BELIEVE I AM AT LYNCH MINUS TWO.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Look at the players that are voting me:

Empking's Alt
Vino
StrangerCoug
GnKoichi *
numberfourteen *
orangepenguin *

THREE of them are masons. So I'm telling you, this mason group is full of scum. I am not one of them. But after I'm dead, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I am very impatient, however, to prove ScumCougar dead wrong, as I probably find him just as irritating as I find him.

unvote, vote: Penguins of the Serengeti

The next vote is a hammer.

I count on the town to avenge my death and rid itself of the remainder of this dubious mason group. Because after I'm gone, it's going to be way more dubious than it is now.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:29 pm

EBWOP
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I am very impatient, however, to prove ScumCougar dead wrong, as I probably find him just as irritating as he finds me.
I'm sorry roflcopter for leaving you to fend for yourself in such poor company.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, lord, Penguins. If you are town, you getting lynched dosn't help the town at all; I mean, yes, it increses the odds of us lynching right tommorow, but that's true any time a pro-town person is lynched, and it's not actually a good thing to lynch pro-town people instead of scum. And if you end up being lynched, all your self voting does is give the town less information then if a full majority voted you.

I mean, even if you're absolutly dead set on lynching a mason, it still dosn't make any sense if you are town to lynch yourself rather then going after some other mason you think might actuall be scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Vino »

Even in the face of lynching, she is completely unremittant. I'd be inclined to believe you more if your response to the lynching weren't, "YOU'LL THANK ME WHEN I'M DEAD YOU
MORONS
!"

Anyway, chill out, including your own vote I am pretty sure you are at L-2, not L-1. It's 9 players to lynch. Even so I don't think there are two additional players who would be inclined to vote you at this point, but I think it's prudent anyway, to help us decide whether or not we want to go through with the lynch, to discuss what happens on either side of the lynch.

If Serengeti flips town, I would tend to look for players that she got along well with. Normally I would look for players that she got along poorly with in this circumstance, but if she was town and made this much of a ruckus, I think a likely scum behavior would be to encourage her. Under those lines, Lowell and roflcopter are where to look.

If Serengeti flips scum, I would look for players who lightly condemn or ignore her behavior. For all of the fuss she is making, I would think scum would try to stay away and bus. alvinz95 Litral and Empking look like good candidates, especially for their lurking.

I would like to hear other people's opinions.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino: Do you think her play is consistant with how you would expect a scum to act? If so, how and why?

Also, I'm a little disturbed by the apparent contradiction between you attacking Penguins because she was willing to lynch a mason, and you wanting to lynch Penguins, a mason. Could you explain that, please?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Vino wrote:If Serengeti flips town, I would tend to look for players that she got along well with. Normally I would look for players that she got along poorly with in this circumstance, but if she was town and made this much of a ruckus, I think a likely scum behavior would be to encourage her. Under those lines, Lowell and roflcopter are where to look.
WOW can you be scummier??? There's like, seven layers of WIFOM in there, and lining up townies for further lynches!!!

I always get along with Lowell and roflcopter. Go ahead and meta this, you can check this game for roflcopter: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9842 and pretty much any game I've played with Lowell.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I usually get along with rolfcopter too, but I guess he found another penguin to fly with.

Anyways, the self-vote was REALLY scummy. The next vote will not be the hammer if it takes 9 to lynch if Vino is right. Looks like you were trying to catch someone attempting to hammer you. If you were L-1, I would unvote, but I think that's what you want. If you are town, then you are doing a poor job, considering 6 people, including yourself, want to lynch you, and you're not doing a good job of scum hunting if you are keeping your vote there any longer, and doing a disservice to the town.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:Vino: Do you think her play is consistant with how you would expect a scum to act? If so, how and why?

Also, I'm a little disturbed by the apparent contradiction between you attacking Penguins because she was willing to lynch a mason, and you wanting to lynch Penguins, a mason. Could you explain that, please?
Both good points.

I see Serengeti's play consistent with scum play because of the shit-tons of self-contradictions. She got overconfident with my bandwagon and the way I see it stopped putting too much thought into the game, and started throwing out attacks that contradicted each other. Due to its overreaching nature, her flippancy reads to me like a gambit that she could stir up a hornet's nest without deviating too far from her previous play styles. (In other words I think she's overacting.) Of course, I've been wrong before, so I'm remaining open minded to the possibility that I'm wrong in this case.

Concerning the second point, it's been established for a while that there are probably scum masons, and likely in roughly the same ratio as normal scum. I believe it was you that I discussed with before about the possibility of confirming mason townies, and you said that this was not possible. I find I must disagree, the town has many tools available to them, and I believe we can do it, but if there are scum masons then at some point we are going to have to lynch (or vig) masons, and she is acting scummy enough that I am satisfied with lynching her.

The chances of getting a D1 lynch correct are naturally never very good, and it could be argued that it's better to lynch other players D1 and wait on masons for another day. We have plenty of time left before our deadline, and I can be convinced that we should have more discussion before we lynch anybody. If she gets another vote some time soon, I intend to remove mine to help prevent hammering until a general consensus is agreed upon.

Serengeti: I don't care for your meta, and I won't tell you mine.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ok sreiously, i'm really durnk and haven't read the recent posts but why is penguins getting voted when she's so obvious town? i don't understand this at all.

this is not a lynch that should be happening. for reals.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:57 pm

orangepenguin wrote:I usually get along with rolfcopter too, but I guess he found another penguin to fly with.

Anyways, the self-vote was REALLY scummy. The next vote will not be the hammer if it takes 9 to lynch if Vino is right.
It sounds like you're anxious for a lynch, scum.
orangepenguin wrote:Looks like you were trying to catch someone attempting to hammer you.
And if I were, you'd conclude that this would be a scum tactic, perhaps???
orangepenguin wrote:If you are town, then you are doing a poor job, considering 6 people, including yourself, want to lynch you, and you're not doing a good job of scum hunting if you are keeping your vote there any longer, and doing a disservice to the town.
I don't give a rat's tutu whether I'm doing a poor job, or a great job, by your evaluation.

I think I am doing a great job shaking things up and getting the scum to reveal themselves. And after I'm dead, it'll be extremely obvious who is scum pretending to be dumb and scum making up rubbish cases.

The town is being totally wimpy not responding to proven worthless arguments totally made up by the scum, and letting itself being led by the scum. Like the idea that voting unclaimed masons is OK, like the idea that my votes were OMGUS when they in fact were demonstrably not, and a whole bunch of blatant misrepresentations.

So tomorrow, my lynch will shine a hard light on many players. If I need to die in order to wake up this apathetic town and give it a chance to win, so be it.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:57 pm

roflcopter wrote:ok sreiously, i'm really durnk and haven't read the recent posts but why is penguins getting voted when she's so obvious town? i don't understand this at all.

Be a friend, hammer me.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
roflcopter wrote:ok sreiously, i'm really durnk and haven't read the recent posts but why is penguins getting voted when she's so obvious town? i don't understand this at all.

Be a friend, hammer me.
nuh uh
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm

Vino wrote:We have plenty of time left before our deadline, and I can be convinced that we should have more discussion before we lynch anybody. If she gets another vote some time soon, I intend to remove mine to help prevent hammering until a general consensus is agreed upon.
Oh come on. If I'm at minus 1, and I get hammered, that's a concensus. What other kind of concensus do you think is going to happen????? Why delay it? I cannot wait another minute to prove ScumCougar wrong so that I can root for his lynch tomorrow from the sidelines of the dead players.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 pm

roflcopter wrote:

Be a friend, hammer me.
nuh uh
No really you'd be putting me out of my misery. A hammer of mercy.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

roflcopter wrote:

Be a friend, hammer me.
nuh uh
No really you'd be putting me out of my misery. A hammer of mercy.
:(

i'd miss you too much
soi soi soi

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm

And you know that a bunch of logic impaired players, which are numerous here, are going to string you up for NOT hammering me.

This game makes me so sad.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

said logic impaired players will try to make me seem scummy regardless of what i do in this situation, so if its just the same i'm not gonna hammer someone who is so obviously town.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

scum vino is all of the sudden stalling. i'm not surprised.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

why do scum always think it looks so pro town to say hey wait we've got x time before deadline we should use it!!!!

come on dudes we're lynching vino.
soi soi soi

Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

PotS.. Why would you vote yourself if you were town? To prove a point? That makes no sense. If you are that sure that you are going to die, why not wait it out and let people gather more info to make a better decision? "I'm Impatient" is a bad excuse when you signed up for a game that you expect to take a couple months to play.

Now... if you were scum on the other hand, this would make a good last ditch effort to try and clear your name, ESPECIALLY if someone fell for your "I'm at L-1" tactic and voted you, then you get to flip it on them, and possibly save your life. You are a good player obviously, I know you are smart enough to count votes.

So do everyone a favor and unvote, then stop trying to defend yourself and so some scumhunting that would be a lot more help to the town then your attempted suicide.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”