Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

GnKoichi wrote:...I can't even respond to your wall of posts except to say that almost everything you said was a lie. [...] but everything I accused you of was accurate.
After I'm dead, which I hope is in a few hours, I will be vindicated.

It will be shown that everything I said was honest and truthful, as I am, as disagreeable and frustrated as I may be, a townie.

Therefore your accusation that everything I said was a lie will be shown to be completely bogus and trumped up, and again, I do hope we have a vig, and a good one.

By the same token, it will be shown that everything you accused me of was not only inaccurate, but blatantly scummy.

I can't wait.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

The annoying thing is, I can't hammer you yet. Need some other bright spark, since you're at L-2, AFAIK. Shame.
At least we agree on something - I can't wait for you to die either, scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:What? THat was a perfectly good point, Penguins... sheesh.
Here's another tip for the kids out there.

KoC knows that I hit the nail on the head.

He can't pretend to be dumb anymore, it's going to get too embarrassing. So he's being sarcastic. He's using ridicule.

Now, townies, you can let him get away with stuff like this, sure, but you're going to lose this game.

The scum here are like a steamroller. They're very aggressive. You have to stand up. Get a backbone. You can't win this game just coasting along.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:52 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:The annoying thing is, I can't hammer you yet. Need some other bright spark, since you're at L-2, AFAIK. Shame.
Why can't you put me at minus one? Then your buddy can drop by and finish me off. Or do you feel it's safer to let a TOWNIE put me at minus one, giving YOU the power to hammer?

Here's another tip for the befuddled town.

Scum tends to chicken out, they don't really like to compromise themselves by voting against a townie.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:53 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:The annoying thing is, I can't hammer you yet. Need some other bright spark, since you're at L-2, AFAIK. Shame.
Vote for me now. What are you waiting for?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:55 am

No, I'm willing to vote, but to be honest, I really want to hammer you, since you're pissing me off so much. So, I'm not chickening out, I'm just happy to wait for a fellow townie to give me a boost.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:57 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:No, I'm willing to vote, but to be honest, I really want to hammer you, since you're pissing me off so much. So, I'm not chickening out, I'm just happy to wait for a fellow townie to give me a boost.
You are chicken scum.

So I'm right, you are waiting for a townie to give you a boost, eh? I noticed you felt compelled to add the word 'FELLOW' townie to cover your scummy tracks.

This town is so dumb, it's probably going to work. Good job.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 am

I think, if anything, Penguins, surely it should be scummier for me to put you at L-1 than to hammer? Surely the fact I'm willing to wait, and put my neck on the line by hammering, is less cowardly than to just put you at L-1 and wait?
Oh, and I always write "fellow townie", regardless of role, unless I think someone is scum. You really are reaching.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 am

GnKoichi wrote:WHAT!? Penguins of S, you self voted! The only reason to ever do this is when you're scum and you want to cut a conversation short.
Here Doctor "I-know-why-people-self-vote" - this one is for YOU:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5879&start=0

Check me out, as Toaster Strudel :
And I hope my self-immolation makes it very clear that Scotmany12 is 100% scum, and that Khelvaster is not to be trusted under any circumstance. Also, please take a close look at Shanba's coyness to reveal results tomorrow.
Town did win.

Again, it's not the first time I get immensely frustrated in a game and hope to get out with my alignment known to all.

So maybe you should revise your theory about what motivates people to self vote. Because it's very wrong.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Lowell wrote:PoS, you need to consider the possibility that not all people on your wagon are scum.
It's really difficult for me not to, given how impervious more than half the wagoners are to basic common sense and logic.
The irony is killing me.

Penguins, you do realize it's against the rules of the game to not "play to win", right? "Some people suspect me, so I'm going to punish my side by trying to lynch myself!" is not cool.

Especally since there's some people who I still think are more likely to be scum, like Vino or Literl, who easy could get lynched today, if you'd just stop tying a noose around your neck, jumping up and down, and yelling "LYNCH ME! LYNCH ME!"
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Lowell »

If you know who the scum is you had a responsibility to remain alive and help kill them. It was a bad move.

I won't vote PoS now. Believe it not I find her hysterical rantings interesting.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:14 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I think, if anything, Penguins, surely it should be scummier for me to put you at L-1 than to hammer? Surely the fact I'm willing to wait, and put my neck on the line by hammering, is less cowardly than to just put you at L-1 and wait?
That makes no sense whatsoever.

As scum, it's safer for you to hammer. First, your scummy keister is covered by the WIFOM blanket. But most importantly, and I know that how I feel as scum, it gives you more CONTROL as to actually ending the day. You get a TOWNIE to do the REAL sticking his neck out by putting me at minus 1, and then, before that townie has any chance of changing his mind, you HAMMER and end the day promptly and efficiently, because your goal is to get to night.

I suspect this is because your buddy is already on the wagon, and you don't want have all three buddies on the wagon, if indeed you are 3. You need the cooperation of a townie.

I have this sinking feeling that there is more than one scum faction, and that each has a representative in the mason group. I would NOT be surprised with 2/6 scum masons.

After I'm dead the odds are amazingly good that you'll be killing scum, even you shot at random across the mason group. If you use your brains the odds are even better.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

She actually has a good point about KoC.

Why would you say "I'll wait one hour then hammer you"? What, exactally, is "one hour" going to do, KOC?

Also, this:
Knight of Cydonia wrote: The annoying thing is, I can't hammer you yet. Need some other bright spark, since you're at L-2, AFAIK. Shame.
is really scummy, and this:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I think, if anything, Penguins, surely it should be scummier for me to put you at L-1 than to hammer? Surely the fact I'm willing to wait, and put my neck on the line by hammering, is less cowardly than to just put you at L-1 and wait?
Oh, and I always write "fellow townie", regardless of role, unless I think someone is scum. You really are reaching.
is worse.

KoC, if you are town who thinks she is scum, if you're so sure that you just want to lynch her now and end teh day ASAP, then why aren't you voting for her? Why are you saying "Well, I'll hammer her, but I won't put her at lynch -1". You realize that makes no sense, right? And the second post makes me think that the reason for that is that you think putting her at -1 would look worse then dropping the hammer.

Big
FOS:KoC
. Is likely to turn into a vote if he dosn't have a good reason for the "one hour" thing.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:17 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Penguins, you do realize it's against the rules of the game to not "play to win", right? "Some people suspect me, so I'm going to punish my side by trying to lynch myself!" is not cool.
I want the scumbags to be exposed. Yes I'm still playing to win. I win with the team, not as an individual player.
Yosarian2 wrote:Especally since there's some people who I still think are more likely to be scum, like Vino or Literl [...]
Threre's some truth to this but I look at it this way. Once I'm dead and you know I'm town, there will be more certainty as to who is scum and who is town. The town will do better tomorrow.

And I hope that they will make the EFFORT to put this day under a microscope and round up the guilty.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Lowell »

EBWOP: I will vote her, however, if it comes to that. I'm content to let this play out for now.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:19 am

Lowell wrote:If you know who the scum is you had a responsibility to remain alive and help kill them.
Well no one is listening anyway, you'll have to draw your own conclusion and do the killing without me.
Lowell wrote:I won't vote PoS now. Believe it not I find her hysterical rantings interesting.
Believe it not I enjoy ranting hysterically! If I didn't enjoy it I'd stop, haha.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:20 am

Lowell wrote:EBWOP: I will vote her, however, if it comes to that. I'm content to let this play out for now.
Given that I consider you the safest mason, I'm very disappointed you're not thinking more.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Penguins, you do realize it's against the rules of the game to not "play to win", right? "Some people suspect me, so I'm going to punish my side by trying to lynch myself!" is not cool.
I want the scumbags to be exposed. Yes I'm still playing to win. I win with the team, not as an individual player.
The thing is, if are pro-town, then if you defend yourself (and, for the love of God, stop voting yourself) and get lynched anyway, then the scum have to work harder to get you lynched. They're more likely to be on your wagon. Wheras if you self-vote and tell people to lynch you, more townies tend to be more likely to end up on your wagon, IMHO, and it's harder it is to tell the difference later.
Yosarian2 wrote:Especally since there's some people who I still think are more likely to be scum, like Vino or Literl [...]
Threre's some truth to this but I look at it this way. Once I'm dead and you know I'm town, there will be more certainty as to who is scum and who is town.
(shrug) It'd be useful information, sure, but the town gets a lot more information by actually lynching a scum, and then going back and seeing who attacked the scum, who defended, when, and why, then by any lynch of a pro-town person. So, again, if you are pro-town, you should be trying to lynch a scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:24 am

Alright I totally have to go and bake a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake because I have a dinner invitation and I promised to bring desert.

unvote
because I cannot watch the situation while I'm in the kitchen.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 am

Yosarian2 wrote:So, again, if you are pro-town, you should be trying to lynch a scum.
Ah OK.

vote: KnightofCydonia
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote
. I've thought about it, and I'm not willing to lynch a mason day 1.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lowell wrote:
unvote
. I've thought about it, and I'm not willing to lynch a mason day 1.
I probably shouldn't question this, since you're unvoting me, but, why?

Also, are you going to answer my quesiton, about your claimed "I always claim mason on day 1" meta? Do you have any examples of you doing that in past games?
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

wow PotS, do you always let your emotions get to you like this? Do you actually read what you write? Your thoughts are all over the place, and contridictary of each other.

I do not know how you expect us to not believe that the "I'm at L-1" was not a trap. Not only was it obvious to people as you set it, but then when KoC fell for it, you tried too flip it on him. You even unvoted yourself as soon as he threatened to vote you. You seriously expect us to believe you?

I actually think that it is a little fishy that KoC basically asked to lynch you, but your play right now overshadows that. I am hoping that you get lynched today, but that it takes until the deadline for it to happen so that we can get you, and your buddies
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Lowell »

1) I just have a feeling that it would be a mistake to take out masons before scum have to make a NK choice. While I firmly believe there are scum on board, I tend to think the percentage is lower than in the general population. My guess is it might be only one scum (to be able to keep partners current on what masons are talking about), though two is a possibility as well. I've been in games where each scum had a special power (roleblocker/doc/etc) and one's power was being in the mason group. Not trying to outguess the mod, but that's my best guess for what is happening here.

2) I don't know the games, I'll look if I get around to it. The first time I claimed mason D1 I did it because I was under pressure in a mini, so I outed myself and my partner confirmed (though in that case we had each other confirmed as town by the mod). Scum ended up having to kill us because the field was so small they were getting too much heat, and town ended up winning as the powerroles lasted longer than they might have. Since then I've thought of it as a good play and have started claiming earlier.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Vino »

This is not what I meant by allowing Serengeti to defend herself. Cydonia's pushes at a hammer are pretty scummy, and Serengeti's tantrum is not helping her case. What I really meant was to debate her on her record.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Outing the mason group was NOT a mistake after TWO freakin' masons were voting other masons, and screwing up the mason breadcrumb signals. The town had the right to know what the scum knew.
I'm really sorry babe but the rest of us just plain old disagree on this point, and since you seem safe for the moment, I'd like to get you using that powerful logic of yours and debating this point with me, as I think it is at the core of why you are on the gallows.

I personally disagree about the mason breadcrumb signals. I explained this in a previous post:
Vino wrote:Also, why are you strawmanning some made up rule about masons not voting each other? That logic makes no sense and here's why: It is likely there may be third parties looking for masons, and voting each other is an acceptable strategy of throwing off their trails. SK's for example, or multiple mafia parties. If one of the masons dies and the town needs to figure out who are the remaining masons, they can ask the masons who are still alive, and discover lies through the usual methods of investigation or logic. With such a large mason group, masons can be verified simply by strength of numbers.
This is a game of everybody suspecting everybody else, and the same logic that gives mafia good reason to vote their scum buddies (to throw off suspicions) is the logic that gives masons good reason to vote their mason buddies. Tell why you think that isn't the case.

So even if we establish that pro-town masons should never vote their buddies, you still have to demonstrate that you had a good motive to out everybody. Lowell outing himself was suspicious but he had a reasonably pro-town cover. You outing other people is so scummy because those people should have been able to make the decision for themselves. What compounds the problem is that you gave absolutely no reason for it at the time, throwing out names like they meant nothing to you, only trying to logic yourself out of it after the fact.

If you can help clear up these two issues, it would help define whether you are a townie and we can make a clearer decision on whether or not to lynch you. If you continue the tantrum, I wouldn't blame me if you got lynched.

I don't want to lynch you if you are a townsperson, but your insistence on lynching yourself is not going to help, because it compels people to vote you whether or not you are scum. I wish you would calm down and give us something better to go on.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”