Newbie 694 (over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

He could be lying about his outside stuff, he could be telling the truth. I didn't think many places had papers due in the middle of January.
Ftr, just about everywhere in the UK does. School, 6th form, Uni...Like I said, I had an exam every day this week. Though I think CR is from the US, I
highly
doubt he's lying about outside stuff. Select few people ever lie about outside stuff, ever (even as scum), and I don't think much of it when they do. I think it's very low.

That was the main thing that caught my attention. I'm getting the same feel as you from him really - Stuff that could go either way, and that feeling I mentioned earlier on. Not sure what to make of it. It's largely elimination thats put him as scum for me right now.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Amished »

Deadline is only a day away, who do we go for? Somebody who we think really is a VT, somebody v/la for the past week+?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote CR
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

VOTE COUNT:

Xtoxm(2): ClockworkRuse, CarnCarn
ClockworkRuse(3): magicrabbit, Amished, Xtoxm

Not Voting: hambargarz, GIEFF
7 alive, 4 to lynch

Deadline in approximately
28 hours
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by GIEFF »

This is ridiculous. None of you expressed much suspicion CR prior to today, right? Or did I just miss it?

He is not avoiding this game; he hasn't posted ANYWHERE on the site in the last week, so it is obviously an external issue preventing him from doing so.

I don't like the way this CR wagon has built. But lynching him could provide a LOT of information tomorrow if he turns up town. I still lynch an Xtoxm lynch is best. Your thoughts, ham?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by GIEFF »

EBWOP: "None of you" meaning magicrabbit and Amished; not Xtoxm.

magic, you say your CR vote is a pressure vote, but he isn't checking the thread, and deadline is in about 24 hours.

I am pretty convinced that if we lynch CR and he flips town, Amished is scum. The logic for the CR vote doesn't look good to me, and the timing is very opportunistic, especially considering the lack of suspicion toward CR in Amished's earlier posts.

I would still rather lynch CR. Your thoughts are important here, ham; we are the only two left to vote, and we have about 24 hours to make the decision.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by GIEFF »

EBWOP x2: I would still rather lynch Xtoxm, not CR... sorry.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Been a bit busy during the weeked, (long weekend holiday over here). I have only had time for a brief catchup on everyone's post.

I can see that everyone has dropped the CC case, And it being quite close to deadline, We are deciding on Xtoxm or CR. It's a hard decision for me because they are both equal candidates.

CR was initially suspicious to me, I was initially suspecting a CR-CC or CR-MR pair. Recently he has dropped off my scum-dar, but this could be partly because he has lurked. He's a bit of a wildcard in my scumlist because he hasn't posted much to get a read on.

Xtoxm, has established a certain attitude here that can let him "get away" with alot of things. I initially had a town read on him because of the points I have explained (which still are compelling for me now). The Xtoxm-CC thing with CC's cop claim which I have decided to accept, puts Xtoxm in a suspicous light. But as GIEFF said, it's a possibility both are town.

Both are suspicious but since a decision has to be made, I will choose to lynch CR. I don't really want to hammer him though as GIEFF hasn't made his recent position clear regarding the two yet.

So...
I'll
Vote: Xtoxm

I believe GIEFF to be town at the moment, and leave it to him to decide who to hammer, as I would trust his judgement. But for the record, treat this as a vote on CR

I'll check back in a few hours, and if nothing has happened, I will change my vote and hammer CR.

As of today Amished and Xtoxm are high on my scum list.
CC could be lying, in which case CC-MR would be a logical conclusion, which explains MR's support of CC. But as of this moment, I think CC is probably telling the truth.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by GIEFF »

OK, thanks ham. This is a very tough choice. I'll try to get a big re-read in before the deadline, but if I'm not back an hour or two before the deadline, then you switching your vote to CR is OK with me.

Amished was so fishy with his CR vote that I think the combined chance of CR being scum, plus the info it would give us being town, is worth more to the town than lynching Xtoxm, as if Xtoxm flips town we won't get a whole lot of info.

I'd also like to hear why you think a "pressure" vote would work when it's the first vote, and when CR is obviously not checking the thread, rabbit.

Please nobody switch their votes.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Ok, Whilst I was writing my post, GIEFF has made 3 posts in the mean time. So when I submitted I saw 3 new previously unseen GIEFF posts.

I believe my position still stands. I'll support both lynches, but I have decided on CR.

As you say, if CR is town, this will make Amished and Xtoxm quite suspicous in my books because of these points.

1) Strong case against CR by Amished considering he didn't mention anything about it before. Similarly Xtoxm's quick change in view regarding CR.
2) Xtoxm's recent votes have an air of wagon jumping.
magicrabbit
magicrabbit
Townie
magicrabbit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by magicrabbit »

Well, I did it before I knew that he hadn't picked up a prod. I thought he may have been actively ignoring a game. How else are you going to get someone to respond besides by voting for them?

Second, I wanted to see who would follow me if I did it. I guess we found that out. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Do you agree it has made Amished and Xtoxm look quite suspicous?
magicrabbit
magicrabbit
Townie
magicrabbit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by magicrabbit »

I do.

Unvote Vote Xtoxm
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I believe that's a hammer
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

The players conversed and all said
someone must get strung up by his head
it took them a bit
to choose who'd get hit
and decided on one who'd be dead

The one that they chose was Xtoxm
he did not fight nor did box 'em
and once he'd been hung
he sang as he swung
and said "Woe be the life of a
Townie
"

If you want it in non-limerick form(but why would you want that?):

Xtoxm
has been lynched. He was a
Townie

It is now Night 2. Night actions please. I'll be finding a replacement for ClockworkRuse overnight and won't be ending Night until I've found one.

EDIT: fuzzylightning replaces ClockworkRuse

Night actions due on 1/28
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

extending deadline for night actions by 24 hours due to unforseen V/LA
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

sorry about the slight delay.

The sun rises, and you see that someone else is missing.

It's magicrabbit. You look in his house, and it's plain as can be.

magicrabbit has been killed night 2. He was a
vanilla townie

It is now day 3. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Get to it.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Care to report your findings CarnCarn?
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Hello everyone, currently working on a full re-read of the game, have read the beginning (first 15 or so pages) and the end (last 7 or 8). I believe that is enough to get a decent enough read on people because I don't really get a good read on people until I see how they interact with people while I am observing, so replacing and re-reading doesn't really help me all that much. But, enough of my introduction. Let's play some mafia.

I realize that the person I am replacing had lurked, or disappeared, toward the end of the day. I have not taken the liberty of looking up his last post on this website, because he decided to play the game the way that he wanted, but oh well, just makes it more interesting for me. I also understand that I will have to answer for CR's actions to a point, so in order to expedite this game and get it under way, at least from my perspective, I would appreciate if those left in this game could direct questions towards me about maybe why my predecessor acted the way that he did. It just makes it easier, this way I don't have to wade through nearly 900 posts to figure out what everyone wants to know.

As far as who I think is scum right now? All that is left is:
CarnCarn- claimed Cop (if it's to be believed then that's confirmed town)
Hambargarz- slight scum read based on end of day play, basically being scared to hammer, having already drawn suspicion for other actions, i could understand why you might be reluctant to hammer but i just didn't like the feel of it
GIEFF- Pro-town read throughout
Amished- my top suspect right now, he attacks saying there is faulty logic, now as i have said, i haven't done a complete re-read yet, but i plan on it.

Right now, I am seeing a Ham/Amished scum team but that's just individual reads, i will have to go through and see how they interacted with each other, or how they lacked interaction between them.

One thing we need to be aware of is that we are now in LyLo so please be careful with your vote. One misplaced vote and its a quick L-1 and hammer from the scum team that we know is still left.

Once again, I realize this is an early wall of text but it's necessary with the point of the game I am replacing into, but I just ask that you re-post anything you would like me to address regarding my predecessor, and I will answer anything to the best of my ability but I do not know CR and have never played a game with him, so I can't even speculate as to why he did anything, I can just try and interpret his play.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:12 am

Post by GIEFF »

Amished wrote:... this is nuts. Well, if everybody is telling the truth, I'm pretty sure I know who the scum actually are... /is so confused
Amished wrote:Well, if CC is telling the truth, and I still think you're townie, xtoxm is town, and the innocent on MR, that leaves me, ham and CR. Obviously I know I'm not scum, so that would leave ham and CR. CR lurking for a while now (haven't really seen a case against him) and ham are the only two left. Ham was #2 on my list for a while, but with CC's claim and result, my #1 and the person I thought about also voting for are both cleared. That would leave ham and then probably xtoxm for people I have a read on, and I plan on looking more into CR tonight.

I'll be off for a while tonight (be back later) but I'm going out to eat and visit a friend. With both @ l-2 now (thanks gieff for unvoting) it should be safe until I get back.
You knew that Xtoxm was town. You know that I am town. You are scum, and you saw the lylo-endgame coming, and tried to prepare for it.

There was no reason for a townie to believe Xtoxm's VT claim, but you believed it instantly. Did anybody else see Xtoxm's claim and suddenly think to themselves "oh, well if he's telling the truth, then I know who the scum is?"

And if you really believed in CC'c cop-claim, why did you continue to vote for MR? You only changed your vote to CR after I questioned you about why you suddenly became so suspicious of him after not expressing much suspicion before.

magicrabbit, I wish you hadn't changed your vote. I'd like to think I would have voted for CR, but I probably still would have ended up voting Xtoxm. I would have appreciated the extra day to think about it as I asked for, though.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Amished »

From my reads of both of you (especially later on when I was more and more sure of xtoxm) I believed his townie claim cause I thought he acted extraordinarily townie. Are you saying I shouldn't believe you if you say you're townie? What kind of reasoning is that? If you almost believed that xtoxm was townie, and you believed that CC was cop, lynching either of them was going to make this a lylo situation.

As to my vote, I knew MR was going to be in no danger of a quick-lynch, and I didn't know who else I wanted to vote for. So instead of unvoting unnecessarily I left it there while I debated who was more scum like to see if my read on them was correct.

I believe I've stated why I was not as suspicious of CR before on several occasions, and it comes down to the way he posted at the time. He wasn't lurking, and I didn't notice his lack of answers so much as I was not asking many of him.

Fuzzy, welcome to the game and hope you're able to get caught up soon. Personally, I'm interested on your views on whether or not you view CR's posts to answer much of anything or not. Also, I would encourage you to write as much as you want, as that wasn't much of a wall of text compared to stuff that others (myself included) have posted.

No, my name is not "Ed."
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:04 am

Post by GIEFF »

When I voted for you yesterday, you said:
Amished wrote:I can do it too. What is that supposed to mean at all? I haven't seen you have a case against me (nor I against you) but then there's a vote out of nowhere? ... I don't even know what to say. I'm baffled, but then I don't know if I should be offended, patient to find out reasoning, or what. It doesn't make any sense to me, especially considering the current situation.
I haven't seen you have a case against CR but then there's a vote out of nowhere?

You also said the following to ham:
Amished wrote:And then we come back to ham, who says his suspicions haven't even really been on you lately (why no unvote ham?) but apparently not really?
So you ask ham why he didn't unvote, yet you don't unvote someone cleared by a cop investigation?

More things you said about Xtoxm before saying that you believe his VT claim:
Amished wrote:I tend to agree with GIEFF that you (xtoxm)were not only derailing a lynch on MR as to yourself as well. I think this is slightly scummier than normal, as you can try to prove yourself innocent (like a normal townie would try to) and still keep suspicion high on another person that you find suspicious.

Amished wrote:I guess I would be ok with either lynch, but with CarnCarn's recent actions, I'd lean towards him being a lynchee, with mr/xtoxm being tomorrow higher on my scum list.
The above quote was the last thing you said about Xtoxm before his VT claim, at which point you claimed to have worked out who the scum were.

A VT claim should not be enough for someone to go from being high on your scumlist to cleared town.

You knew Xtoxm was town. You are scum.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Amished »

I was speculating, if you go back to my worked out post, I said *if* people were telling the truth. *After* the VT claim, I saw so many things from xtoxm, after ham and me talking about lynching him (there's a bit of time that you're omitting) that swayed me to the firm belief that he was telling the truth. After I truly believed him, then I looked at who was left.

If you go back to my iso post 34 (right after my speculation) I even state there that it's a big if. I didn't vote for him til after my iso post 44, which looks like a case to me. Are you missing these?

As to ham's not unvoting, I wanted to hear his reasoning. It's stuff like that that I try to do to get a read on the people behind the roles to see if I can believe them or not about certain points in their case.

If I see a claim, I will go on looking for evidence before and after the claim, and try to gauge their reactions. After xtoxm's VT claim, I felt his reactions were so townie that I crossed him off my scum list. Obviously my read was correct, so you're accusing me of seeing something that either you didn't believe or didn't see as quickly as I saw.

I could damn near guarantee that xtoxm was town. I am not scum.

No, my name is not "Ed."
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Amished wrote:Obviously my read was correct, so you're accusing me of seeing something that either you didn't believe or didn't see as quickly as I saw.

... or you knew he was town because you are scum.

Amished wrote:I didn't vote for him til after my iso post 44, which looks like a case to me. Are you missing these?
In the post immediately before your iso 44, I found your behavior toward CR suspicious. You said you re-read him twice, and didn't say anything scummy.

Forgive me if I don't give you brownie points for only making a case AFTER I said it was suspicious that you hadn't.

Waiting to hear from CarnCarn.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Amished »

I believe I already explained my thoughts regarding my delayed case against CR. Both times I said I was going to reread him we were close to lynching other people. Also, have I ever withheld my opinion if somebody asked for it? No. I take extra time out of other aspects in my life to try to give as much info about me and about others as I possibly can.

Question for you, GIEFF: Is it that hard to now believe xtoxm about his suspicions? He was telling the truth about how he felt mr was town, even before the cop innocent, if you're town, he's telling the truth about you, if CC is cop, he was believing and telling the truth about him, why can you not believe him about me? What about me makes me the exception to the rest of his read on the game?

I, too, am interested to hear from CC, and hope to hear about FL's analysis on the game. Ham, if you have any thoughts to add, I would also like to hear from you.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”