Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

GnKoichi wrote:Honestly, KoC has little reason to defend himself.
Really? A request for an explanation and a request for a case is unreasonable?

KoC, I feel at least that a request for your particular reasoning on this case, especially when you haven't really been making any cases this game is not too much to ask. If you're so sure that PoS is scum that when her bandwagon hits a hurdle you want to die, you must have some reasoning to back that up.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Vino wrote:Maybe KoC has a posting limitation where if he gets five votes he can only post poetry.
I've actually kind of been wondering if KoC does have some weird role or PR, like maybe there was some legitimate reason he needed to hammer if someone got lynched, however I can't imagine a role with flavor involving that being pro town.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Everyone needs to stop voting themselves (PotS, KoC), especially if you're town. You're only doing a disservice to us if you are, and doing do just to "prove us wrong" is quite silly. You can prove us wrong by presenting good cases or scumhunting, or SOMETHING, anything but self-voting. Yes PotS, it does speed of your lynch. If you are town, there is no reason to speed a mislynch on yourself up, even if you're doing to prove the people voting you wrong. KoC, I assume you're mimicking PotS, because you usually play better than this. I am not sure if you are frustrated town, or just scum, trying to do what PotS, and somehow turn a lynch on you around.

I really doubt he has a post-restriction. I think he just gave up, and is posting poems to make himself laugh.

Why would there be any kind of hammer PR role from either alignment? That just sounds kind of silly, but if you have any examples of that in other games, please share.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Vino »

I can't imagine that it is productive for town to conjecture about post restrictions, I regret mentioning that now. That said, at this point I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of oddity in the setup. I think I am going to re-read the thread and see if I can come up with anything new.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

GnKoichi wrote:Honestly, KoC has little reason to defend himself.
Umm...do you disagree with me about the case on him, or about my questions about his actions?
This game has rewarded players like rofl and PoS, so he might as well play as poorly as they have.
Huh? Both rofl and PoS have been more useful and pro-town today then he has, even before his meltdown.
My vote stays on PoS until anyone looks worse, and I urge everyone to carefully reread the game and refocus on a real scum hunt.
:eyebrow: So, you don't think the votes on KoS are a "real scum hunt"? Could you clarify?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote::eyebrow: So, you don't think the votes on KoS are a "real scum hunt"? Could you clarify?
Knight of Serengeti?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

"PoS's self-voting scheme worked, so it must work for me!"
Is back.
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

GnKoichi wrote:This game has rewarded players like rofl...
How has this game rewarded rofl?

Also, KoC has claimed vanilla. So speculation that he might need to hammer, or have a votecount related poetry restriction are, I hope, for the purposes of injecting humor.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:14 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I refuse to respond to anyone who makes a purposefully cut off quote. Right now, that's Yos & PoS.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:15 am

I'm getting a heightened scum alert from GnKoichi for post #598 (everything about it is OFF and against common sense), and a lowered scum alert from Vinoi for post #599 because it sounds like a townie would say.

ScumCougar's post #596, though short, is VERY interesting:
Knight of Cydonia, you're a great poet, but are you going to defend yourself or just post fluff?
ScumCougar was quite harsh and merciless with me, but here he writes a KoC a gentle reminder to stop posting 'fluff' which, if KoC flips scum, is strongly indicative of ScumCougar being KoC's buddy.

I'll go fetch more examples.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:15 am

GnKoichi wrote:Honestly, KoC has little reason to defend himself. This game has rewarded players like rofl and PoS, so he might as well play as poorly as they have. Frankly, I'm getting a little fed up myself, though I'm going to keep pushing what I feel is the pro-town action. My vote stays on PoS until anyone looks worse, and I urge everyone to carefully reread the game and refocus on a real scum hunt.
HERE

Now you have to answer.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins, the game has rewarded Rofl because despite his terrible play style, your worse play style and a handful of players who make excuses for him have pulled away any votes that he would have gotten. If the rest of this game were NORMAL, I think he would have been lynched by now for his baseless accusations.

NOW, please stop trying to evade. Do you have anything to say about how KoC is clearly emulating your terrible strategies in order to avoid a lynch? Do you think KoC is scummy for his actions? Do you think there's a difference between what he did and what you did? I really want specifics on this one, PoS.
---
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:31 am

StrangerCoug wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:If the players below are not in his list, I want to his opinion of them to be clearly stated for the record:
KoCydonia
None at this time.
Noted.
StrangerCoug wrote:There's so many connections I'm seeing... Penguins of the Serengeti and roflcopter, Knight of Cydonia acting similarly to Penguins of the Serengeti, and I remember Vino being involved in one (I think Litral)...
ARGH!
This seems to be misleading in a scummy sort of way, though KoC is parodying me, ScumCougar's calling it a 'connection' is a big stretch, unless ScumCougar has a credible explanation for it.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Vino wrote:
Unvote

This game is way too confusing.
No fooling. It's like everybody is crazy.
He may be saying this because KoC has painted ScumCougar into a corner - by acting like me, ScumCougar has to vote against KoC to be consistent, but he's not ready to vote his buddy as quickly as he was to vote me.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

PoS: If you and KoC turn up scum, will you admit to playing anti-town?
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:35 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I'm getting a heightened scum alert from GnKoichi for post #598 (everything about it is OFF and against common sense)
What about it is against common sense? This seems like OMGUS, if anything.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:He may be saying this because KoC has painted ScumCougar into a corner - by acting like me, ScumCougar has to vote against KoC to be consistent, but he's not ready to vote his buddy as quickly as he was to vote me.
Voting for KoC would not necessarily be showing consistency, since many of us find you scummy for many reasons in addition to your self vote, and KoC's self vote can be seen as a fed up townie much more easily than yours.
---
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 am

GnKoichi wrote:Penguins, the game has rewarded Rofl because despite his terrible play style,
But why are you picking on Rofl in particular? How about Empking & Empking's Alt???? I mean, have you read his posts in isolation? MafiaSSK? Empking especially!

How about this mysterious Empking post?
Empking's Alt wrote:PoS: If you and KoC turn up scum, will you admit to playing anti-town?
It's a logical tongue-twister without a solution. Why does he even bother making posts like this?

So I find it strange that you are singling out Copter. And if your complaint is baseless accusation, I'd go straight to ScumCougar, but perhaps he's more aggressive and you don't want to take him on?
GnKoichi wrote:NOW, please stop trying to evade.
It's rather hypocritical for you to suggest that I'm trying to evade anything since I've been posting like a madman, and totally sticking my neck out, while YOU JUST REFUSED TO ANSWER A QUESTION asked by TWO players because YOUR POST was NOT RE-POSTED in its ENTIRETY, mere MINUTES AGO.

GnKoichi wrote:Do you have anything to say about how KoC is clearly emulating your terrible strategies in order to avoid a lynch?
My strategy was to speed up my lynch, not to avoid it. KoC is not emulating me, he is parodying me. Words do matter. Use the right ones if you don't want to be misleading.
GnKoichi wrote:Do you think KoC is scummy for his actions? Do you think there's a difference between what he did and what you did? I really want specifics on this one, PoS.
There are huge differences between what he's doing and what I did. For you to suggest that there may be similarities, other than superficial ones, is quite wrong, if not straight up scummy.

The fact that he prematurely claimed vanilla has given me pause. Unlike others that have condemned him for claiming vanilla without having to, I view this as a sign that he may be town, rather than scum. His pre-claim behavior was mega-scummy, so I'm not sure the early vanilla claim is enough of a counterweight to make me change my mind. If he becomes rational again, I'd be actually consider unvoting.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

PoS: If you and KoC turn up town, will you admit to playing anti-town?
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:17 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:Penguins, the game has rewarded Rofl because despite his terrible play style,
But why are you picking on Rofl in particular? How about Empking & Empking's Alt???? I mean, have you read his posts in isolation? MafiaSSK? Empking especially!

How about this mysterious Empking post?
Empking's Alt wrote:PoS: If you and KoC turn up scum, will you admit to playing anti-town?
It's a logical tongue-twister without a solution. Why does he even bother making posts like this?

So I find it strange that you are singling out Copter. And if your complaint is baseless accusation, I'd go straight to ScumCougar, but perhaps he's more aggressive and you don't want to take him on?
I can admit that you and rofl may have gotten me a little tunneled. But honestly, that's because you have both played so blatantly anti-town. If Empking or others are guilty of the same things as you, they are only to a lesser extent. I'll lynch the greatest of the evils, if that's okay with you.
GnKoichi wrote:NOW, please stop trying to evade.
It's rather hypocritical for you to suggest that I'm trying to evade anything since I've been posting like a madman, and totally sticking my neck out, while YOU JUST REFUSED TO ANSWER A QUESTION asked by TWO players because YOUR POST was NOT RE-POSTED in its ENTIRETY, mere MINUTES AGO.
This is another evasion on your part. Also, my refusal to answer your questions was because the rest of the quote was important to the sentence. You purposefully left out the part where I attack you as well as rofl, and Yos left out the part that gives my quote context, so that he could try to apply a fragment to a different situation.
GnKoichi wrote:Do you have anything to say about how KoC is clearly emulating your terrible strategies in order to avoid a lynch?
My strategy was to speed up my lynch, not to avoid it. KoC is not emulating me, he is parodying me. Words do matter. Use the right ones if you don't want to be misleading.
GnKoichi wrote:Do you think KoC is scummy for his actions? Do you think there's a difference between what he did and what you did? I really want specifics on this one, PoS.
There are huge differences between what he's doing and what I did. For you to suggest that there may be similarities, other than superficial ones, is quite wrong, if not straight up scummy.

The fact that he prematurely claimed vanilla has given me pause. Unlike others that have condemned him for claiming vanilla without having to, I view this as a sign that he may be town, rather than scum. His pre-claim behavior was mega-scummy, so I'm not sure the early vanilla claim is enough of a counterweight to make me change my mind. If he becomes rational again, I'd be actually consider unvoting.
This another giant evade. You go three paragraphs without coming even close to answering my questions.
---
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:18 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Oh, and to specify on the second quoted section, you posting often is NOT being pro-town. You have stuck your neck out, but you've done almost nothing to back up any of your claims. That's the kind of evasion I'm accusing you of.
---
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:19 am

GnKoichi wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I'm getting a heightened scum alert from GnKoichi for post #598 (everything about it is OFF and against common sense)
What about it is against common sense? This seems like OMGUS, if anything.
Well alright. Since you ask, let me expand on what I thought might be obvious. There are so many internal consistencies that I didn't feel it was necessary to explain them. But OK. I recopied post #598 IN ITS ENTIRETY below.
Honestly, KoC has little reason to defend himself. This game has rewarded players like rofl and PoS, so he might as well play as poorly as they have. Frankly, I'm getting a little fed up myself, though I'm going to keep pushing what I feel is the pro-town action. My vote stays on PoS until anyone looks worse, and I urge everyone to carefully reread the game and refocus on a real scum hunt.
1. "
Honestly, KoC has little reason to defend himself
." I cannot even begin to think why KoC wouldn't have every reason to defend himself against a very small, nascent wagon, while I'm still fresh in the spotlight. Why has he little reason to defend himself? And like the Great Glork once taught me, any sentence that begins with the word 'HONESTLY' should be viewed with suspicion.

2. "
This game has rewarded players like rofl and PoS, so he might as well play as poorly as they have
." True that rofl and myself have a certain affinity for each other, since we share some common elements in our philosophy. However I cannot understand how the game has rewarded me, other than an extremely vigorous DAY 1 wagon that is not yet finished, as evidenced by your continued pushing of my lynch using dubious arguments and misleading wording. And the game has 'rewarded' other players that are lurking to some extent, like Empking, who in my opinion is playing far worse, and certainly way further on the scum scale than copter, so I suggest that you are bringing up Copter to taint him with connections to me.

3. "
Frankly, I'm getting a little fed up myself, though I'm going to keep pushing what I feel is the pro-town action
." Nice of you to acknowledge your being fed up, and understanding KoC's being a little fed up by extension, without giving me the benefit of the doubt, like it's not even worth considering that I might have been fed up beyond reason. Your insertion of the words 'pro-town,' which is something we should be the judge of, may or may not be a deliberate or calculated act.

4. "
My vote stays on PoS until anyone looks worse
" - Well even I reckon it would be hard for anyone to look worse than me, but although I momentarily took leave of my senses yesterday until I baked my cheesecake, you seem to be making excuses for KoC. On one hand you are expressing an unbending will to keep your vote on me, but you are ignoring and making excuses for KoC's parody of my play in verses.

5. "
and I urge everyone to carefully reread the game and refocus on a real scum hunt
." I love this sentence. Are YOU going to re-read the game for a real scum-hunt? No, you won't, because you just said that you'd keep your vote on me UNTIL SOMEONE WORSE CAME ALONG. That sounds like you're shutting down your own scumhunting efforts unless someone does exactly as I did, only much worse, which is impossible. Are you asking that people read again, and remind themselves of previous scummy actions by ScumCougar, Litral, or Vino, for example? I doubt it given your own declaration that you'd vote for no one but me, for all practical purposes.
GnKoichi wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:He may be saying this because KoC has painted ScumCougar into a corner - by acting like me, ScumCougar has to vote against KoC to be consistent, but he's not ready to vote his buddy as quickly as he was to vote me.
Voting for KoC would not necessarily be showing consistency, since many of us find you scummy for many reasons in addition to your self vote, and KoC's self vote can be seen as a fed up townie much more easily than yours.
First of all, there are 'many of us' that DO NOT FIND ME SCUMMY.

Second, if you read carefully, you'll notice that people have been finding KoC scummy for reasons COMPLETELY UNRELATED to his self-vote, which only happened AFTER some people started to vote for him.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:19 am

Empking's Alt wrote:PoS: If you and KoC turn up town, will you admit to playing anti-town?
No.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 am

Empking's Alt wrote:PoS: If you and KoC turn up town, will you admit to playing anti-town?
Oh and BTW, can you like read the game and make some comments having to do with finding scum? Thanks.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

penguins wrote:although I momentarily took leave of my senses yesterday until I baked my cheesecake
i love you
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 am

GnKoichi wrote:I can admit that you and rofl may have gotten me a little tunneled.
That's for sure. I can understand how
I
could have gotten you tunneled. But Copter? Over Empking? Seriously?
GnKoichi wrote:This is another evasion on your part.
There is no evasion. I answer all your questions and you still say I'm evading. I've been posting like crazy. nobody has more meaningful content in this game than me. You are seriously tunneled my friend. Or you are scum. I'm trying to determine which one. Keep talking.
GnKoichi wrote:Also, my refusal to answer your questions was because the rest of the quote was important to the sentence.
You make excuses for yourself. You could have included the context yourself instead of refusing to asnwer. No? Why didn't you do that? Add the complete quote yourself, and answer Yos' and my questions. Why did you flatly refuse to answer? It was so easy for you to include the quote yourself.
GnKoichi wrote:This another giant evade. You go three paragraphs without coming even close to answering my questions.
I TOTALLY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS. Some of these so-called questions were worded like the trap, 'when did you stop beating your wife.' And I still asnwered them.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

gonna go ahead and call it now. the scumteam is found within {strangercoug, knights of cydonia, litral, vino, gnkoichi}, possibly all five of them though that would be a big team, and the serial killer/other flavor of third party anti town role is {yosarian2}

the most incredibly obvious town are {penguins, lowell, head honcho, alvinz}
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”