Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Incognito »

OK, so I've read over Xtoxm's recent posts, and I'm actually beginning to second guess myself about his alignment. I have pretty good history with Xtoxm (we've played roughly 4 or 5 completed games with one another of varying alignments), and his play here is beginning to remind me more of his town play as opposed to his scum play. Xtoxm is one of those players who has a tendency to look scummy as town mainly because his playstyle is so unorthodox but when he's scum, he's generally much more lurky and a lot less aggressive in my opinion. I'm going to spend today rereading sthar8 to see if I get the same feeling about him -- the main thing that I disliked about his Day 1 play was the fact that from a very early time period, he pretty much set himself on three main targets (Crazy, iLord, and Raging Rabbit) and showed very little sign of adapting his stances to changing circumstances. Town can do this when they develop tunnel vision, yes, but I can think of reasons for scum to do this as well. I was also bothered by the fact that he didn't seem too open to looking at the new information we gathered from the lynch of scum to possibly garner additional information about other people's alignments.

I still like an icemanE lynch. I looked through his predecessors' play and while there wasn't much there since the two of them were generally lurky (for both of them, this looked somewhat real life related), I did notice two things that really caught my attention.

First with fuzzylightning, I mentioned previously that I really didn't like his FoS of springlullaby during the time that her and I were feuding:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1329725#1329725]115[/url], fuzzylightning wrote:Overall, I believe that spring's attack on incog is fairly weak and almost entirely dismissed because of the used of an unverified statistic. Incog also defends himself very well, and even points out the contradiction in the case by saying spring is asking questions of someone he thinks is scum, which he was criticizing incog of doing. Currently I am receiving a pro-town vibe from incog and a slight scum read from lullaby, but not enough for a vote, so
FoS: Springlullaby
, for a weak, contradictory case and that seemingly random statistic.
I believe it was Guardian who mentioned that he was receiving bad vibes from Jahudo because he felt like Jahudo might have been engaging in a sort of "hedging behavior" where he doesn't completely commit himself to the argument of two townies (me and springlullaby) -- he basically waits it out and offers side comments about the debate here and there waiting to see which of the two wagons gains some traction. fuzzylightning's FoS of springlullaby in the above post gives me a very similar feeling here; I think he may have been engaging in a similar type of "hedging" behavior. If he had actually placed a vote down, I might have not felt as bad about his behavior but the fact that he used an FoS gives me that feeling that he may have been tentatively waiting the feud out to see where it went.

Interestingly, RandomGem did something very similar to fuzzylightning in his single post of content:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1374944#1374944]488[/url], RandomGem wrote:I also agree with Incognito's description of springlullaby's angry meta, and I am leaning towards his side, so
FoS: Guardian, iLord
Again, we see a similar usage of an FoS, and he primarily focuses on the two of us instead of commenting on anyone else. Also, going from memory here, I think it was eldarad who mentioned that he didn't like RandomGem's FoS of iLord since it didn't make sense; RandomGem was claiming that iLord's play looked different from his play from the previous site they played on, but RandomGem mentioned that iLord was
scum
in those off-site games. Therefore to FoS someone for playing
differently
from how he or she typically plays as scum strikes me as very odd.

icemanE's "posts of content" (I place that in quotations because there's hardly anything there that resembles content) gives me a bad feeling about this role too.
This makes me suspect you either might have some sort of a scum power role (like a roleblocker) that might be able to protect you from a vig-bullet or if there's two scum left, your scum buddy might hold a more important role than you, and you're sacrificing yourself to allow him or her to survive. Why do you specifically request to be vigged as opposed to being lynched?

I'm going to spend my time reading the rest of the game today and trying to post my feelings about everyone either later today or within the week. With a little more than a week until deadline, we really need to get a move on this game.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Incog, what about Xtoxm completely mucking up sthar's claim? That's as good as scumtells come.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Incognito »

I agree and that's another thing that's giving me pause about Xtoxm. Xtoxm, can we get a full claim from you?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If you were town you'd know the PM's are worded by no means in a clear cut fashion. I PMed the mod but he wouldn't expand.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I have two qualities - Charisma and Leadership. I believe this make sme a PR. I have not been told what it means. Presumably the Charisma gave me the extra vote, another boost would probably give me whatever Leadership does.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Incognito »

Correct. I wasn't specifically called a vigilante in my role PM, but I was able to deduce from the rest of the wording the type of role I held. sthar8 claimed to be a pro-town power role in the form of a double voter. What is it about your role PM that makes you think you hold some other pro-town power in addition to the double voting?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Incognito »

Cross posted. Reading.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Incognito »

What do you think the leadership portion of your role PM means?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I really don't know. It literally was just that, except not that exact word.

I guess it's something to do with leading the town, or something. Being able to give some kind of order maybe? Perhaps a govenor ability or something, is my best guess.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Incognito »

Okay.

Why do you think sthar8 made the following comment to Electra?:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1413187#1413187]735[/url], sthar8 wrote:Electra: I'm not sure how any of the information you gave would catch me out if I were lying. Could you elaborate on this?
Here was Electra's claimed information (see bolded green):
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1412228#1412228]729[/url], Electra wrote:Sorry, here's my information. I'm very busy as it is near Christmas, but don't want to stall the game, so what I was told was

1. There are some players in the game that boosts do nothing for.
Boosts will only work for a player 2 times, after that, they will have no effect.
If sthar8 really had these two powers of charisma and leadership, wouldn't what Electra mentioned in part 2 be enough to catch him if he was lying since he'd in effect have two separate powers thereby leading all of us to believe that he could only be boosted a maximum of two times?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Xtoxm wrote:If you were town you'd know the PM's are worded by no means in a clear cut fashion. I PMed the mod but he wouldn't expand.
Sthar clearly claimed he was a double voter and nothing else. Also, see Incog's post. Die scum die.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I can see how he may have thought Charisma and Leadership both gave the double vote, but I doubt that. I the the fact I have 2 seperate qualities means I have 2 seperate powers.

Although I'm not really sure I understand what you're asking of me there.

My guess is it'll go one fore each, not 2 for each power.

How many qualities were you given, Incog? Just 1, or 2?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Incognito »

What I'm trying to say is you seem to be making it seem like you could tell from your role PM that you had two separate abilities: 1) charisma and 2) leadership. Since Electra said that boosts can only work a maximum of two times on a player, I'd think the wording of sthar8's role PM would have helped him confirm what Electra was saying in part 2, and he wouldn't call her into question about how she might have been able to catch him in a lie.

As for my role PM, I have no qualities. Just a gun and a single bullet lol.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

On re-examination of my PM, I am told specifically the extra vote is related to enchancement of my Charisma aspect.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:What I'm trying to say is you seem to be making it seem like you could tell from your role PM that you had two separate abilities: 1) charisma and 2) leadership. Since Electra said that boosts can only work a maximum of two times on a player, I'd think the wording of sthar8's role PM would have helped him confirm what Electra was saying in part 2, and he wouldn't call her into question about how she might have been able to catch him in a lie.

As for my role PM, I have no qualities. Just a gun and a single bullet lol.
It is quite clear that I have 2 qualities. My guess is he just thought they related to the same power (extra vote).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Incognito »

And the _______ is related to enhancement of your leadership aspect? I'm not sure how close we are to getting modkilled. :s
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Or wait, are you talking about your boost PM?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:Or wait, are you talking about your boost PM?
Yes.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Xtoxm wrote:On re-examination of my PM, I am told specifically the extra vote is related to enchancement of my Charisma aspect.
sthar also specifically claimed to have not been told what boosting him does, but rather that he "narrowed it down". Your claim has more holes than swiss cheese.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:And the _______ is related to enhancement of your leadership aspect? I'm not sure how close we are to getting modkilled. :s
Well, i've heavily paraphrased.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:On re-examination of my PM, I am told specifically the extra vote is related to enchancement of my Charisma aspect.
sthar also specifically claimed to have not been told what boosting him does, but rather that he "narrowed it down". Your claim has more holes than swiss cheese.
Not until he actually got boosted. (At night 1)
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Incognito »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
He's talking about his boost PM though that I'm guessing he would have received during twilight.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Incognito »

I'm going to reread the rest of the thread over the coming days and write up some sort of (hopefully) brief PBPA of the players outside of Xtoxm. Xtoxm's/sthar8's claim is weird, but I'm getting a town vibe from Xtoxm over these last few pages that doesn't make me very comfortable with thinking he's scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:I'm going to reread the rest of the thread over the coming days and write up some sort of (hopefully) brief PBPA of the players outside of Xtoxm. Xtoxm's/sthar8's claim is weird, but I'm getting a town vibe from Xtoxm over these last few pages that doesn't make me very comfortable with thinking he's scum.
<3
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I have admittedly fallen behind. I received a prod and will have something resembling thoughts before the end of Monday, which is plenty of time prior to next Sunday's deadline.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”