Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:Incog, vig targets should not be decided by town, just gives scum extra info, vig should just kill who they thinks scum.
Either one works for me. If there really are only two remaining scum left and if icemanE really is scum, then my hypo-kill could essentially be directed by a total of 7 pro-town players leading into Night 2. That's pretty impressive.

Just pointing out that vollkan has been boost-hammered, so a lynch will definitely happen at 5 votes.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I can hammer him if you like but i'd rather hang onto my extra vote.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Incognito »

lol not yet. I really want to see Huntress's case against eldarad and vollkan's final thoughts up until now.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok. I mean it more in the general sense, too. Ice's lynch isn't going to require my vote a such, and it's more useful saved for the potential situation where it could be.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

I'm reading the last set of pages now, so I'd appreciate it if you could hold off on hammering.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm usually tempted at the thought of speedhammering, but the fact I permanently lose the vote far outwieghs it.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

722: sthar claims secret double voter.
744: Incog claims osv. Doesn't know what happens if he is boosted. (For those who haven't played with me before, claims do NOT lower a person's score. I do, obviously, take full account in my reasoning, but the numerical score is a measure of behavioural scumtells and, thus, claims/lurking/etc. are beyond the scope of my numbers)
756: I don't agree with incog's argument about shtar's claim being suspect. I am naturally a vanilla, but with a role PM which says that I gain a power on being boosted. Shtar's claim, unless I am misunderstanding him, is of the same nature, albeit with a very different boost-power. Shtar also even said he had narrowed his potential power down to two options. I'd like some clarification from X as to what this means (X has the role PM, so hopefully he can work out what Shtar would have thought), but the fact that Shtar's statement suggests a power wasn't specifically identified also matches my own role PM (which, again, says I can learn information, but doesn't specify the nature of that information)
757: Shtar makes a very bad wifom argument here - that his claimed ability makes him more likely town because he has lost the benefit of surprise from it if he were scum. Also, claims that double-voting is a powerful scum ability that wouldn't fit with "what we know of the setup" - which is what, exactly? (+1)
786: I don't like Eldarad's vote for RR here. Eldar's statement that Electra giving two bits of info makes her more likely town is, as RR said, "extreme wifom". WHilst it is true that the whole "leap of faith" thing is also wifom, there's an important risk vs reward consideration involved here (which the blunt label of "wifom" overlooks) - claiming early as electra did, and in the manner that electra did, is a very risky move for scum. Whilst hyposcum electra could have done it for the purpose of appearing pro-town, that possible benefit is, I would argue, very much offset by the huge risks involved for scum attempting such a gambit. Moreover, I can't see why this one point is voteworthy. (+2)
813: <I arrive>
862: X is convinced Eldar is town because his towndar (Why do I get the impression that "towndar" is just "gut" in a cheap suit) told him so :sigh:
879: Hmm...X says shtar's claim was only a partial one. That's certainly not the impression I got. In 878, Incog quotes part of sthar's claim post [the bit incog quotes is in blue font below] but I think he misses what is most important [which I have bolded]:
sthar8 wrote: I think that the best use of my role is to claim now and alleviate any suspicions that my new power might be a kill.

If you recall, yesterday I noted that I did not believe I was the best boost for the day. This was because I had narrowed my
potential powers
down to two options, and I didn't think either of them is particularly helpful to us in the early game, except as a way to potentially confirm me.

I'm a double voter. I have a second, secret vote that I PM to elmo in order to use. From the wording of my boost PM, I believe that once I use this vote, I will not retain the power into the following days. If there are no objections, I'd like to use this today in order to confirm myself. I'd also like to get it out of the way, because it could potentially be devastatingly swingy in a LYLO situation, and I don't want the pressure should it come to that.
Potential powers...He also said, in a later post:
Sthar8 wrote: So if you're saying you only got a double vote because you were boosted, how are you a power role?
Maybe we define power roles differently. I define them as having an ability above and beyond the standard town mechanics for a game. How do you define it?
[/quote]
and then:
Sthar8 wrote:
My role PM gave nonspecific qualities of my character, and implied that boosting me would amplify these charactersitics into a power.
Scum would likely not know this, and if they did their qualities would necessarily be different from town ones. An early claim would force scum to commit to "vanilla," "vanilla with boost," or "normal PR." If they claim vanilla, and no townie has a "vanilla without boost" role, then they are caught. If we have true vanilla townies, we narrow the pool significantly, and know who our safe lynches are right away. If they claim "vanilla with boost," they are forced to lie, and making scum lie is the easiest way to catch them, especially since they have no standard example of how "vanilla with boost" works for town. I would not have discounted scum assuming that "boostees" would be explicitly informed of their powers, before electra elaborated on her claim. If they claim "normal PR," they are stuck in whatever role they chose, we gain information if they continue to live, and we might catch scum through counterclaim. I originally thought that there would be no traditional power roles in this game, obviously that assumption was wrong, and the strategy is weakened considerably. I guessed that if my speculation was correct, other players might come to the same conclusion and support the idea of massclaim, giving us a good chance of catching at least one scum on D1.
There's no explicit statement of "I have no powers except for my boost-power", but the way he describes it (which is similar to my own role PM, as I mentioned earlier) suggests he has nothing else.
921: X concludes that RR's play seems largely pro-town. The kicking point X makes is a valid argument, but I think that RR"s recent crtiicism of X is legit. Overall, therefore, the vote is unjustified and seems to be largely OMGUS, with some weak reasoning behind it. (+2)
930: Incog's explanation of his role PM fits with my own, and what sthar said.
936: X explains the role PM thing as being about charisma and leadership
943: Good point from RR - sthar claimed to have "narrowed it down"; he didn't go anywhere near as specific as X now has.
963: Incog's response to me on the smear campaign issue: The trouble here is that your argument essentially rests on an appeal to "what you've seen". Speaking from theory, and not from observation, there is absolutely no reason why an apparent "smear campaign" should only come from scum, rather than town who happens to find nobody protown (yours truly standing as an example of this :P). Your argument presumes that a player intentionally makes their reads universally scummy when, varying game-to-game of course, such reads can simply arise from the nature of people's plays.
964: Eldarad: People who post most tend to end up with higher scores on my system. Taking TDC versus Incog, for instance, I have much less confidence in TDC being at 50 than I do at incog being at 57. IOW, the less a person posts, the more I attach a "margin of error" to my read of them. What I've seen of TDC is not scummy, but his low posting rate undermines that. WHereas, I have serious problems with a lot of Incog's posts. The system punishes people who post more, but I try to overcome that (I haven't been able to quantify the whole "margin of error" thing, however)

This answer pretty strongly implies that the boost-power is his only power.
2) Green Crayons (replacing Mana_Ku who replaced Skillit) - 55
3) Raging Rabbit - 53
5) TDC - 50
6) Huntress (replacing Crazy) - 56
7) Incognito - 57
8) eldarad - 53
9) Xtoxm (replacing sthar8) - 53
12) icemanE (replacing RandomGem who replaced fuzzylightning) - 51

FINALLY! :P

Something else: I've noticed recently that my replacement readups tend to produce lower scores for people than I get from ranking people as I play. The numbers I've produced here fit that pattern of behaviour (I think it is because, in reading, I don't experience things as closely and, thus, don't get to reason or question in the way I normally would - along with the natural tendency to miss small details when reading).

I'm going to try something new here: to adjust the numbers based on where I think they would be if I had played along throughout - to smooth out the replacement problem

2) Green Crayons (replacing Mana_Ku who replaced Skillit) - 60
3) Raging Rabbit - 55
5) TDC - 50
6) Huntress (replacing Crazy) - 65
7) Incognito - 70
8) eldarad - 55
9) Xtoxm (replacing sthar8) - 55
12) icemanE (replacing RandomGem who replaced fuzzylightning) - 50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Pretty impressive score there Incog.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Well that takes care of our boosting situation.

Can Iceman please speak up, now?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Whoa, I missed the page above me. Pretend 983 was in response to the end of page 39.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #8 - Lynching

icemanE (3) <- Green Crayons, Incognito, eldarad
Xtoxm (2) <- TDC, Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit <- Xtoxm
eldarad <- Huntress

Not voting: Vollkan, icemanE.

Boost Count

Vollkan (5) <- Green Crayons, eldarad, Raging Rabbit, Incognito, Xtoxm
eldarad <- TDC

Not boost-voting: Vollkan, icemanE, Huntress.

Vollkan has been boost-hammered and will be boosted in twilight, along with Incognito.
With 9 alive, the cool/lethal stuff happens at 5.
The
deadline
is Tuesday, 3 February 2009, 06:00 UTC, which is 6 days, 14 hours, and 58 from this post. If deadline hits, the day will end with No Lynch.
TDC and icemanE have been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:Pretty impressive score there Incog.
I must be a scummy ass vig lol. Or maybe vollkan's rating system penalizes people who post a million times in a game.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 am

Post by TDC »

Hm.

When xtoxm claimed sthar's claim was "just the boost", it (for me, at least) clearly implied he had a power regardless of the boost, which contradicted sthar's "I'm a double voter" statement.
The thing with the two "qualities" fall in line with sthar's "I've narrowed it down to two things", but other than that, I still have doubts.
Xtoxm:
- You said that your boost pm indicated that the boost came from specifically one of your "charachter qualities", which leads you to believe boosting you again would provide you with whatever the other quality corresponds to. Sthar8 seemed to think different. He did claim "I'm a double voter", after all. There's nothing in his posts of today that suggests he followed the same train of thought as you. Any idea why?
- You come into the thread and are asked to claim. When presented with sthar's claim you say "that's just the boost". Not "one of the boosts", just "the boost".
I guess it is possible that with "the boost" you meant "the boost I received" and not "the boost (ability) I have", but all this "vigging me is stupid, because I'm a power role"-talk just doesn't fit together with you merely possibly having a second (mysterious) boost ability.

That said, I wouldn't have bought a real power claim from you and the contradiction between "He only claimed my boost" and "I have two different boosts" is much less severe than between "I'm a double voter" and "I'm also a power role". Also, I found sthar8 to be pretty pro-town D1..
unvote

--

RR: Where's your iceman case showing connections between his predecessors and Jahudo?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 am

Post by eldarad »

Xtoxm wrote:
eldarad wrote:I agree, for what it's worth.
But it is worth mentioning that I think it is more likely that - in and of itself - a booster is more likely to be a scum than a double-voter.
What's this supposed to mean?
It was in response to Huntress' "I'm happier with sthar/Xtoxm's claim, but it could still be a scum role."
In my opinion, Huntress' claimed role is far more likely to be a scum role than your claimed role. Although, as I have already said, there are other factors that make me doubt that Huntress is scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ah right ok.

I hadn't realised Hunt claimed.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Anyone who thinks Xtoxm's town -

1. Read my discussion with sthar between 726 and 737. Is there any way his claim is anything but "basically vanilla that gets double vote if boosted"? If the answer is no:
2. Xtoxm clearly claimed something different. Why would sthar lie is he's town?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Since I'm apparantly the only person voting him, I guess that question applies to everyone. I'd really like to hear responses.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Some points on Iceman-Jahudo, keep in my that my notes are rather scattered and I'm too short on time to go back and check the game:
Iceman 692 wrote:I'm not going to have time for a full reread before tomorrow, but I read the first few pages and the last couple of pages. My main point in any game is that there must be a lynch on day one. I have read the points against Jahudo and Huntress and would rather see Huntress lynched today than Jahudo.

vote: huntress
Basically the easiest way to vote the wagon that isn't his scumbuddies, citing no reasoning at all.
Huntress claims power role on 693, and after electra's unvote on her it becomes evident she's not gonna be lynched. Iceman then unvotes her and votes Jahudo to gain bussing credit, citing yet again a grand total of no reasoning at all.

Both FL and RG say absolutely nothing about Jahudo, and focus their attention on posting noncomittal stuff about the Incog-SL debate. Jahudo himslef opted to say stuff like "I don't have a read on fuzzy" rather than display any sort of suspicion for being a lurker. Also, all of FL's posts and RG's only one with content give off a strong "I don't actually care about searching for scum, let's voice some tangible opinions and fade back into the background" vibe. I may have some other minor points somewhere around there, but that's the bulk of it.

To top things off, Iceman's "my role doesn't allow me to talk" claim almost screams scum. Then again, xtoxm's is even scummier and Incog's unlikely to vig him, so I think xtoxm's the better lynch today. Again, though, I don't really care that much which one of them we kill first as long as they both die. I storngly feel we have two caught scum here.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hi scum.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Why don't you try to answer this yourself, actually?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I skimmed the scums post. Just more stuff about my claim, that i've already put to rest.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

You must be one amazing player, figuring out I'm scum like that without even reading my posts. Shame about your reading issue, though, since you apparantly had to resort to skimming a 4 line post.

Both questions in 990 are really simple, and I'd like you to answer them please.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

basically vanilla that gets double vote if boosted =/= vanilla
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

2. Xtoxm clearly claimed something different. Why would sthar lie is he's town?
Like I said, anyone with a town PM knows the PM does not tell you what you are. I understand this is hard for you to comprehend, seeing as you are not town.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

basically vanilla that gets double vote if boosted =/= vanilla
Vanilla that gets double vote if boosted =/=
xtoxm wrote:That's just the boost, guess it's a partial claim. [/quote="xtoxm"]
And i've already said, that's just the boost. Are you stupid?
While sthar clearly claimed to have no other powers except a double vote when boosted.
xtoxm wrote:Like I said, anyone with a town PM knows the PM does not tell you what you are. I understand this is hard for you to comprehend, seeing as you are not town.
False. Incog was told he's a vig. Guardian was marked as "doc". The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”