Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm about 5 pages behind (since Saturday). I'll try to catch up by tomorrow.
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

BSG is blindingly town. It's like staring at the sun.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Vino »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:The patrons, and the actors too,
Are uncertain if the show is through,
And with sidelong looks await their cue,
But the frozen mask just smiles.
This was actually the first post that I suspected a hidden meaning when I read it, but I said nothing because the evidence was not substantive enough, and the prose was similar to the previous poems with no obvious change in style, so I figured it was sourced from elsewhere like the others.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:There's a policeman with an honest soul
Who has seen the head upon the pole
And he grunts and fills his beggar's bowl
With a feeling of great unease.
Obvious policeman reference is obvious. Still, not enough evidence, prose is similar, and I wasn't able to make any sense of the last two lines.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Ah! At last, the 2009 show!
The ballet upon the burning stage!
Poems upon a cRumpled page!
The documentary seen on fractured screen.
I saw the capital R and took it as a clue to a hidden message. Taking all capital letters gives AATPRT -- means nothing. If you wanted to be clearer about your message, I would have made the irrelevant letters lowercase. As it stood I couldn't find a pattern -- goodness knows I couldn't have known you were trying to spell out an acronym.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
The dagger's point is often veiled,
the bloodshed it's whetted steel entailed,
until, in form of lowly moth,
the drunkard finds a way through bloody cloth.
Vino = Wino = Drunkard.
Vino seemed to be the only person to think this might have been a PR. Well done you, you "got the point".
Holy crap dude.

Seriously you should have just come out and said it in the first place instead of leading us around in circles. I'll buy your story for as long as you continue to be as reasonable as you've been since you stopped the poetry. Start pulling any anti-town crap again and I don't care what you were wearing that day, I'll vote you on it.

Serengeti, BSG has made some good informative posts and I generally like the content, but I think it remains to be seen whether his motivations are scum or town. Simply commenting about the game as he reads it does not make a person "blindingly town."
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: Amazing how certain Yos is that I'm going to flip scum. The accusations of SK perhaps make a little sense now. I see the wagon is building up... but slowly.
I had been trying to pressure you into acting in a more pro-town way, but by this point, I had basically given up.

I still don't get it. I mean, fine, you had a PR of "you must talk in poetry." But did it also say "you must be absurldy subtle and impossible to comprehend" as well? I mean:
THe next poem was essentially me screaming "FOR GODS SAKE CAN'T YOU SEE THE REALLY OBVIOUS PR BREADCRUMB?"
No, I didn't. Was it really that hard to fit the words "post restriction" into a rhyme scheme?

And if you have a post restriction that triggers at X votes or something, why did you claim vanillia?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Vino wrote:Serengeti, BSG has made some good informative posts and I generally like the content, but I think it remains to be seen whether his motivations are scum or town. Simply commenting about the game as he reads it does not make a person "blindingly town."
These are the posts of a player that truly tries to find scum. It's a bit rambling, but I get the very strong feeling that there is a genuine scum searching thought process behind it.

I sure don't get that feeling AT ALL from Empking.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:BSG is blindingly town. It's like staring at the sun.
ayup. qft.

dear vino, stop trying to undermine penguins' (or anybody else's) town reads, it makes it exceptionally obvious that you're worrying about how to arrange for future mislynches.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:BSG is blindingly town. It's like staring at the sun.
QFFT
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 pm

roflcopter wrote:dear vino, stop trying to undermine penguins' (or anybody else's) town reads.
Yes, discrediting town reads is uber scummy. Because the last thing scum wants, is a whole big batch of townies that most people agree are townies. Remember how they only have one bullet per night. Also, it narrows the field down during the day, increasing the likelihood that they will be lynched. They especially loathe this. A good idea for the scum is to sow doubt about this. Like Vino is doing.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

BSG wrote: OP, why did you wait with that vote in post 502?
Well, I didn't really think it was worth a vote at the time, which is why I held off, but I was really annoyed, and SC kind of pushed me over the edge with his "by all means, attack her if you think she is scum". I probably should've voted outright, because my opinion of her didn't really change in the 15 minute timeframe that I waited, but yeah. I am not really convinced PoS is scum anymore, now that I am aware of her past playstyle, meta, and whatnot. That really doesn't clear her of being scum, but the hypocrisy doesn't really seem as relevant, in a way.

Also regarding the mason code PotS mentioned, there's a good example of this, but that game is still ongoing so it has to wait. I'll point it out after that game is finished.
And OP, that vote is weak. You're comparing two different situations: the first has no masons outed and there's no thought of a scum mason mentioned. In the second, both are in the game.
Different situations ask for different approaches.
Question: What do you think is better for this day. To lynch one of the masons or somebody else, and why?
Well, it really doesn't matter, as long as we find scum. If the scum turns out to also be mason, then hey, that's great, we got scum, but if they are someone who isn't a mason, and therefore isn't on the eyes of townies during the night (the quicktopic can force discussion between the masons and possible scum masons, hence more info for town)

For day 1 though, it's very likely that the mason group has scum among it, since my PM says nothing about alignment, and in my past experience as a mason, it usually confirms my partner is town, but in this game, it doesn't - there are 5 other people, so I think the likelihood of scum is undisputable, given the amount of people in the group, and the unconfirmedness.

Just going back to the original argument, PotS figures me and Yos "got confused who our mason partners is because we also have scum partners" because we voted for a mason. Um, I didn't vote for a mason, I voted for a penguin. That was all. I wasn't thinking about breadcrumbing in my first post - the game had started 10 days prior, so I had to get back into the loop, and I figured I would jokingly put in my random vote I never got to do. I wasn't thinking "Oh, PotS is my mason partner and I have to breadcrumb, so I can't vote her". No, I put little thought in that, and I assure you it didn't have anything to do with masonry. It was simply penguin business. I put no thought in it, basically, and the vote didn't matter, because I unvoted the word after my vote for him. I wasn't going to bother breadcrumbing, it was never my intention or plan for this game. With 5 other people being my partners, breadcrumbing in this game seemed quite silly. I don't usually breadcrumb as a powerrole the way it was anyways, since I suck at it.

I just thought it was scummy, at the time, for PotS was only suspicious of me because of that random vote that meant nothing, which she turned into this big scumtell, or whatever.True, the masons were outed when PotS voted me, and the scum mason thing was out there too, but as a mason in a group of unconfirmed masons, you should probably assume there is scum masons, so had my vote been a legit vote on you, it still wouldn't have been against the mason code, because there is none, especially when there is no indication of any of your other masons alignment.

BUT...

I have moved on from that. I don't think PotS is scum. I basically disagree with her kind of playstyle- it works for her, I guess, I don't really know how well it works out for her, but given that she does do it in other games, I don't really think she is scummy as a result of
that

I do think she has something on Empking. It's funny how she asks him a simple tasks of quotes supporting the evidence, and he still spits out one-liners, and is truly unhelpful.

About KoC, now that he has pointed out stuff like the breadcrumb, I guess it seems pretty obvious now, but whatever. KoC could've posted more helpful poems, instead of creative..allusions to what he truly meant. Meh.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:52 am

Let's get our act together and lynch one of Litral, Empking's Alt, or GnKoichi.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Why no Lowell? He's on the remaining list of possible scum masons, he participated in the same meaningless attack Litral did, and he's lurked since then.

Also, since I haven't posted anything since you said I had dropped off your radar a little bit, why am I suddenly back in your top three?
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:57 am

RECOMMENDATION TO THE SCUM:

1. Bus
2. Bus hard

I'm so sure that there is one or more scum in that group of three players, that if we lynch a townie today, there will be hell to pay for any non-town confirmed player on my list that are on the townie lynch.

So I strongly recommend for the scumbags, that are in the know, to bus vigorously. Now it is the time to bus. So. Who is it going to be?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:59 am

GnKoichi wrote:Why no Lowell? He's on the remaining list of possible scum masons, he participated in the same meaningless attack Litral did, and he's lurked since then.
He outed the masonry, a terrible move for a scum mason to make. He's not on my list.
GnKoichi wrote:Also, since I haven't posted anything since you said I had dropped off your radar a little bit, why am I suddenly back in your top three?
By process of elimination.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:Why no Lowell? He's on the remaining list of possible scum masons, he participated in the same meaningless attack Litral did, and he's lurked since then.
He outed the masonry, a terrible move for a scum mason to make. He's not on my list.
Isn't this WIFOM? Or, at the least, debatable? It seems an odd reason to completely discount the reasons I gave.
GnKoichi wrote:Also, since I haven't posted anything since you said I had dropped off your radar a little bit, why am I suddenly back in your top three?
Care to explain this?
---
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

roflcopter wrote:dear vino, stop trying to undermine penguins' (or anybody else's) town reads.
Yes, discrediting town reads is uber scummy. Because the last thing scum wants, is a whole big batch of townies that most people agree are townies. Remember how they only have one bullet per night. Also, it narrows the field down during the day, increasing the likelihood that they will be lynched. They especially loathe this. A good idea for the scum is to sow doubt about this. Like Vino is doing.
Because town loves it when scum is practically cleared for no good reason.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

gnkoichi, stop trying to unclear lowell, its just not gonna work.

empking, stop defending vino, seriously

my lynch preference is litral. i'd switch to emp, gnkoichi or vino to prevent a no lynch.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:08 am

Post by GnKoichi »

When was Lowell cleared? Seriously, was there a post I missed? Do you have any specific counter argument against my reasons?
---
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Vino »

I agree, we need to get a big batch of townies to help us in our scum-finding process. However, we do not need to select the wrong people and have scum in our townies. I don't feel that BSG has enough of a track record to make him "blindingly town" -- he could have done all of that stuff he did whether or not he was town. I agree that BSG has made a lot of pro-town statements, but I disagree that it makes him so undeniably town as you are implying, I want to see him interact more with other players before I make that call.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

GnKoichi wrote:
Isn't this WIFOM? Or, at the least, debatable? It seems an odd reason to completely discount the reasons I gave.
I'm sorry. One cannot disregard every common sense or logical assumption by calling it WIFOM.
GnKoichi wrote:
Care to explain this?
Some masons are now confirmed in my view, after having seen their PMs.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:07 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:
I'm sorry. One cannot disregard every common sense or logical assumption by calling it WIFOM.
GnKoichi wrote:
Care to explain this?
Some masons are now confirmed in my view, after having seen their PMs.
I agree with everything she says... I couldn't have said it better.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 am

Lauching Litral wagon.

unvote, vote: Litral
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Where the heck did DrippingGoofball come from!?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:22 am

StrangerCoug wrote:Where the heck did DrippingGoofball come from!?
We *cough* share a computer.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lol

Anyway, I'd go with that.
Vote:Literl
Always up for a good lurker-wagon, especally when the guy has looked incredibly scummy in the handful of posts he did make.

I mostly agree with DGB's top suspects, although Lowell still much higher on my list. Probably because she is convinced that "scum don't claim for no reason, anyone who does that is probably town" and I am still convinced that "town don't claim for no reason, anyone who does that is probably scum."
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Vino »

I'd have to go back and read Litral again before I decide whether or not to vote him.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”