Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Bleh, stupid tags. EBDP:
basically vanilla that gets double vote if boosted =/= vanilla
Vanilla that gets double vote if boosted =/=
xtoxm wrote:That's just the boost, guess it's a partial claim.
xtoxm wrote:And i've already said, that's just the boost. Are you stupid?
While sthar clearly claimed to have no other powers except a double vote when boosted.
xtoxm wrote:Like I said, anyone with a town PM knows the PM does not tell you what you are. I understand this is hard for you to comprehend, seeing as you are not town.
False. Incog was told he's a vig. Guardian was marked as "doc". The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".
No it doesn't. Though it is easy to gather that your a VT. That is not my PM.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Sample PM wrote:
You are an inhabitant of the town.

You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated.
Obviously that's not yours, yours is scum. I like how you didn't address the first part of my post, which is the one which proves your claim is BS.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Whatever.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by icemanE »

LAWL XTOXM IS SCUM LAWL

unvote - vote: Xtoxm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote Ice
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Huntress »

I think that makes Iceman L-1. I'm willing to hammer him before the deadline but I want to finish my comments on Eldarad first.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Huntress wrote:I think that makes Iceman L-1. I'm willing to hammer him before the deadline but I want to finish my comments on Eldarad first.
No comment on my questions?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Huntress »

Ah, sorry. I overlooked your 991 extending the questions in 990 to everyone.

I don't quite see why Sthar felt the need to claim in post 722 in the first place, apart from the fact that you asked him to. He could have simply said that he didn't have a kill. I also didn't like this:
Sthar wrote:I'd also like to get it out of the way, because it could potentially be devastatingly swingy in a LYLO situation, and I don't want the pressure should it come to that.
726: Good point about the massclaim suggestion.

Looking closely at Sthar's posts, I find no indication that he thought a second boost would get him another double vote; in fact the bit I quoted above implies that he thought there would only be one. Maybe he was just keeping quiet about the possible result of a second boost. Maybe it's random which attribute gets boosted.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Raging Rabbit, in response to your questions, I think you need to go even further back from 726 to 722 when sthar8 first claimed today:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1411453#1411453]722[/url], sthar8 wrote:If you recall, yesterday I noted that I did not believe I was the best boost for the day.
This was because I had narrowed my potential powers down to two options
, and I didn't think either of them is particularly helpful to us in the early game, except as a way to potentially confirm me.
I agree that it's slightly odd that sthar8 only seemed to be claiming to be a double voter, but I think that judging from the above quote it seems like sthar8 might have also seen the second potential ability listed in his role PM as well and just figured that the second ability was null or non-existent or something else... it's hard to know what he was thinking at the time. I think the difference between sthar8 and Xtoxm though is Xtoxm went ahead and got further clarification from the mod while maybe sthar8 just didn't bother to probe further about it. The only thing I
don't
like about sthar8 now is how he wanted to confirm himself by using his second vote ability but never seemed too bothered to try and maybe push for a second boost for his potential second ability. Again though, this seems to go along well with the idea that maybe sthar8 for some weird reason just didn't think that second ability existed or something like that.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1463337#1463337]999[/url], Raging Rabbit wrote:
xtoxm wrote:Like I said, anyone with a town PM knows the PM does not tell you what you are. I understand this is hard for you to comprehend, seeing as you are not town.
False. Incog was told he's a vig. Guardian was marked as "doc". The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".
This isn't entirely true either. My role PM doesn't explicitly call me anything. It just describes the items that I have and my win condition. From that, I gathered that I must be a vig. I'd imagine that Guardian's role PM didn't call him a doctor either -- it probably described a few things that he had along with him (maybe a medical bag or some kind of medications or a stethoscope or some other such thing) but probably never explicitly said he's a doctor. The sample Vanilla PM also just says "inhabitant of town" from which one would probably gather that he or she is just Vanilla.

icemanE:
You're at L-1. I think you should claim.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 am

Post by icemanE »

Alright, I'll claim.

My role doesn't have a name. All it tells me is that I have an invisibility potion that I can use to investigate someone. It's a one-shot ability that I have not used yet.

My win-con is the same as the one in the sample pm.

Also I misread that conversation between RR and Xtoxm - turns out RR is scum, not Xtoxm. He's right - my role pm doesn't give a name, but I'm clearly a power role.

unvote - vote: RR
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote RR

May as well let him use it, or "use it", no? Plus, RR is scum anyway.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Questions:

Why did you seem to hint at having a post restriction?
Why did you
not
use your claimed one-shot ability yet?
Why have you not made any effort to do any scum hunting all game?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

The middle question intrigues me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm and icemanE, what do you think of Raging Rabbit's contribution towards helping getting a scum lynched? What do you think of his vote placement on the Jahudo-Godfather-Scum Power Role wagon?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I haven't seen it. I think the fact he thought town were told what role they got is massive enough slip in itself, but go ahead and show me, i'll be happy to take a look. Where shall I look?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Incognito »

Here was the vote count as of Post 650:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1401022#1401022]650[/url], Elmo wrote:
Day 1, Vote Count #20

Huntress (5) <- sthar8, Electra, TDC, eldarad, Green Crayons
Jahudo (3) <- Incognito, iLord, Guardian
Incognito (2) <- Jahudo, Raging Rabbit
eldarad <- Huntress

Not voting: RandomGem.

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch. The
deadline
is Thursday, 18 December 2008, 06:00 UTC, which is 2 days, 12 hours, and 8 minutes from this post. sthar8 has been prodded. RandomGem's prod has not been picked up.
Notice that Huntress was at L-2 at that point with a bunch of people seemingly firmly making up their mind that they weren't going to be moving their votes from her. If Huntress is town and Raging Rabbit is scum, he could have easily made up some bullshit reason to join her wagon and get her lynched. Heck, even if Huntress is scum and Raging Rabbit is scum with her, he could have easily chosen her to bus over a Jahudo-GF scum. The only way I'd think a hypo-RR-scum wouldn't do this is if Huntress has a stronger scum power role than a GF.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1401026#1401026]652[/url], Raging Rabbit wrote:So it essentialy boils down to a choice between Jahudo and Huntress. I'm leaning more towards Jahudo right now, but would rather do a more thorough recap on the cases against both before I vote, but the many tests I have this weak mean I'll have trouble finding time. And don't hammer Huntress yet, I think she's like at -1.
Raging Rabbit notices the aforementioned vote count and says he's leaning towards voting Jahudo OVER Huntress. Again, this is pretty ballsy if he's scum.

Post 661 he finally places the vote down and the way he did just strikes me as really townish - I had been his top suspect throughout Day 1, and he came to the conclusion that he didn't like Jahudo and figured that a Jahudo-alignment reveal might reveal more info about me, his top suspect. This just reeks town to me -- I'd think scum would want to keep me as an option open for a possible future mislynch.
In order for you to believe that RR is scum, you'd have to not only believe that he bussed his scum power role buddy but also believe that he did this in order to clear a me-town in the process.
Ha!

Prior to this, TDC placed the fourth vote on Jahudo (a big reason why I think TDC is town as well) and RR followed suit to tie the wagons at 5 apiece. In effect, RR and TDC were the swing votes to help getting a POWER ROLE scum lynched. Yes, some of this is subject to WIFOM, but I think this is much more likely to be done by town as opposed to scum UNLESS Huntress holds a stronger scum power role than a GF.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What came to mind, was that RR might have thought Hunt would be lynched regardless, and having his vote end on scum when town gets lynched makes him look good, or Jahudo look good if he dies first. I'll take a look at the context, though...

But Incog, who exactly do you think are scum if TDC and RR are town?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Incognito »

I still think icemanE is scum. As for the other one, I'm still trying to figure that one out. It may surprise you that I've kinda sorta been doing a 180 on Huntress lately.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Incognito »

In addition to these questions:
Incognito wrote:Questions:

Why did you
not
use your claimed one-shot ability yet?
Why did you request to be vigged as opposed to lynched?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:I still think icemanE is scum. As for the other one, I'm still trying to figure that one out. It may surprise you that I've kinda sorta been doing a 180 on Huntress lately.
It doesn't surprise me. Though i'm not sure I was aware you were sus of her in the first place.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:46 am

Post by icemanE »

To be honest - I have been lazy this game (as if that isn't obvious). I have really wanted to catch up and be more involved but it's been tough to make the time. However, I have finished the other games I was playing on another site and have more time to dedicate to this game now.
Incog wrote: Why did you not use your claimed one-shot ability yet?
Forgot I even had it until I was asked to claim.
See answer to number one.
what do you think of Raging Rabbit's contribution towards helping getting a scum lynched?
That it was a smart play by scum.
What do you think of his vote placement on the Jahudo-Godfather-Scum Power Role wagon?
Same answer.

I will be checking huntress with my one-shot ability tonight.
Why did you request to be vigged as opposed to lynched?
Somehow a mis-vig seems less bad for the town than a mislynch - I guess that's just the way I think. If we could lynch correctly today (and not lynching me is a step in the right direction), vigging me at night, if I still appear suspect, wouldn't be a big deal because it would be 1 for 1 if we got scum lynched today.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think Ice's play fits with lazy town...I'm satisfied with those answers. What do you think, Incog?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Incognito »

YOU FORGOT YOU HAD A ONE-SHOT INVESTIGATIVE ABILITY??????? LOL DIE SCUM NAO PLZ

Confirm vote: icemanE

Xtoxm, I wasn't suspicious of Huntress before. In fact, I came to the conclusion she's town. That's what I mean by doing a 180.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've forgotten about parts of my roles before, i'm sure I forgot about an ability once too...I'll look through my inbox see if it rings any bells.

For the investigation, I think there are much better targets than Huntress, though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”