Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mr. Grey wrote:
Role Name:
Michael Jackson
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
No one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike...
Abilities:
You have no night abilities.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
said
Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one innocent is alive.

Please confirm receipt of your role by posting in the thread.
I completely forgot I had a secret word, and I forgot I had flavour text until I checked it again.

There's also an ongoing game where I completely forgot about a couple of major things in my role.

I think there was another, but my older mails appear to be deleting themselves...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 am

Post by eldarad »

Iceman wrote:Forgot I even had it until I was asked to claim.
I kinda could believe that except that you replaced in about a day before Night 1.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Incognito »

I'd like to know why THREE completely separate-minded individuals (fuzzylightning, RandomGem, and now icemanE) have all SUPPOSEDLY had this role and not ONE of them questioned the validity of Electra's early INFORMATION ROLE claim.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, El claimed game info, Ice claimed investigation. Very diff.

Though I think Eld may have a point...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:18 am

Post by icemanE »

Ok, remember that stretch of days and days on end where I didn't post? Yeah, that's cause I forgot I was even in this game. I replaced in and never clicked "watch this topic". So forgetting I had a power role doesn't seem too farfetched once you factor that in.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Eh, i've done that before too.

Tbh, i'm inclined to believe Ice on this...
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 am

Post by eldarad »

iceman wrote:Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:04 pm
Post subject: 692
I'm not going to have time for a full reread before tomorrow, but I read the first few pages and the last couple of pages. My main point in any game is that there must be a lynch on day one. I have read the points against Jahudo and Huntress and would rather see Huntress lynched today than Jahudo.
<snip>
mod wrote:Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:39 pm
Post subject: 701
It is now night 1.
Not buying it, sorry.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:12 am

Post by icemanE »

Yeah - I got my role pm on december 17th. I glossed it over, took a quick look at the last 2-3 pages of the game, then night one started. My last post on day one was at 3:44 on december 17th. I didn't post again until I was picked up my prod on January 4th. I did not submit a night action on night one.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Xtoxm and Iceman are so totally scum, it's painfully obvious.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1411453#1411453]722[/url], sthar8 wrote:If you recall, yesterday I noted that I did not believe I was the best boost for the day.
This was because I had narrowed my potential powers down to two options
, and I didn't think either of them is particularly helpful to us in the early game, except as a way to potentially confirm me.
I agree that it's slightly odd that sthar8 only seemed to be claiming to be a double voter, but I think that judging from the above quote it seems like sthar8 might have also seen the second potential ability listed in his role PM as well and just figured that the second ability was null or non-existent or something else... it's hard to know what he was thinking at the time. I think the difference between sthar8 and Xtoxm though is Xtoxm went ahead and got further clarification from the mod while maybe sthar8 just didn't bother to probe further about it. The only thing I
don't
like about sthar8 now is how he wanted to confirm himself by using his second vote ability but never seemed too bothered to try and maybe push for a second boost for his potential second ability. Again though, this seems to go along well with the idea that maybe sthar8 for some weird reason just didn't think that second ability existed or something like that.
Sthar said he "didn't know how to be more explicit" about his claim saying he has no powers other than a double vote. When I further questioned him about it, he responded with " :( ", which is basically "I'm sad you don't get it by now". He later said the only reason he didn't respond with a "yeah" was that he "hates having to repeat himself."He was clearly
absolutely positive
his role was vanilla that gets becomes double voter when boosted. He had no doubts about it, and he had the same exact info xtoxm does.
For xtoxm's claim to be true, you have to believe sthar was explicitly told the boost effected one of two "qualities" specifically mentioned in his PM, and the thought a second boost will probably effect his second quality never even crossed his mind. Since he clearly isn't a complete and utter moron, I don't believe there's any way that was the case.
Xtoxm comes in feeling all important for being a "power role", and claims the double voter thing is
"just the boost"
. Not
yesteday's
boost, the boost. That clearly implies he has a non-boost related power.
When I point out his blunder at 905 he doesn't respond, opting instead to to take his time reading the game in order to come up with a feasible excuse (and notice his "Well I already know i'm gonna call him scum, but i'll look at his posts anyway" comment on me in 921 -
how on earth is this town play?
)
I mention his lie again in 923, he comes up with another one line response that ignores it in 924. Only than, in 929, after being asked by Incog as well and getting the the point where further lack of response would make him look really bad, he finally "explains".
Incog makes another valid point about a comment of sthar's that makes no sense whatsoever in the light of xtoxm's claim in 934. Then he apparantly forgets about it.
Then, watch how he yet again has nothing to protect his lie with in early page 41, and resorts to "whatever".
It's hard to get more obvscum than this.
Incog wrote:This isn't entirely true either. My role PM doesn't explicitly call me anything. It just describes the items that I have and my win condition. From that, I gathered that I must be a vig. I'd imagine that Guardian's role PM didn't call him a doctor either -- it probably described a few things that he had along with him (maybe a medical bag or some kind of medications or a stethoscope or some other such thing) but probably never explicitly said he's a doctor. The sample Vanilla PM also just says "inhabitant of town" from which one would probably gather that he or she is just Vanilla.
Doesn't really matter if the specific role name was mentioned or not, a pro town role that shoots people at night is clearly a vig, an "inhabitant of the town" is clearly a townie, and I'm sure it was obvious from Guardian's PM that his a doc. Huntress' and electra's roles are also easy enough to understand. That means xtoxm's argument that "the PM does not tell you what you are" is totally false. If it were true, even for xtoxm's role alone, sthar wouldn't have said he was a vanilla who doublevotes when boosted with such confidence.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

icemanE wrote:Alright, I'll claim.

My role doesn't have a name. All it tells me is that I have an invisibility potion that I can use to investigate someone. It's a one-shot ability that I have not used yet.

My win-con is the same as the one in the sample pm.

Also I misread that conversation between RR and Xtoxm - turns out RR is scum, not Xtoxm. He's right - my role pm doesn't give a name, but I'm clearly a power role.

unvote - vote: RR
I didn't say all PMs give a name - which should be obvious, I quoted the sample PM as an example and it doesn't "give a name" - I said unlike what xtoxm said, all claims we know of - including yours, btw - make it easy to deduce what role you have. Voting me based on this is just ridiculous.
Also, unconvincing claim. Iceman's scum too, I just want people to realize xtoxm's scum before we lynch in case I get killed tonight or somethin'.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:20 am

Post by icemanE »

I think it's probably worth lynching me at this point anyways. I'm going to be a target for the rest of the game and I would be the most probably lynch in a lylo situation, losing us the game. I'm not going to hammer myself if I'm put back at L-1 because we still have a few days for discussion, and I still advocate a RR lynch over my own, but unless the winds really change here I don't see him getting lynched. I'm being 100% legitimate with my claim, but my inactivity was not pro-town - therefore I think it might be a good idea to lynch me today in order to avoid endgame disaster.

And the last post RR just made is complete backtracking BS... which should be obvious too.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You're really trying to accuse someone with an extra vote of being scum? You think the mod put a scum role into the game that makes the game reach lylo a full day-night cycle earlier, if boosted? Seriously.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ice continues to convince me he's town.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 am

Post by icemanE »

I said unlike what xtoxm said, all claims we know of - including yours, btw - make it easy to deduce what role you have.
Just wondering, how does "guy with invisibility potion that can investigate one time" hint at a standard role? It doesn't, that's how.
Xtoxm wrote:Like I said, anyone with a town PM knows the PM does not tell you what you are.
RR wrote:False. Incog was told he's a vig. Guardian was marked as "doc". The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".
And then the contradiction:
RR wrote: I didn't say all PMs give a name
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incog, I really think it's worth letting Ice live the night. If he's town and we lynch him anyway, atleast that way we might have a result, and there's a dead GF so we KNOW there's an investigation somewhere.

If anyone want's to CC Ice for the investigate role, do so now please.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Iceman wrote:Just wondering, how does "guy with invisibility potion that can investigate one time" hint at a standard role? It doesn't, that's how.
It's not a "standard role", but you can clearly deduce what your role does. You're a one shot investigator, whether or not your PM explicitly says so, and anyone with half a brain can figure it out.

Iceman wrote:False. Incog was told he's a vig. Guardian was marked as "doc". The sample PM very clearly reads "townie".
I thought Incog was explicitly told he's a vig, turns out I was wrong. Make that "Incog's role clearly reads vig". Other than that minor point, no contradiction whatsoever. You and your scumbuddy are really getting desperate.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

xtoxm wrote:If anyone want's to CC Ice for the investigate role, do so now please.
"If my buddie's getting lynched soon, let's at least put possbile town power roles in the open now please."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Can't you just crawl off and die or something...
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Bunnies don't crawl, silly.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Did Hunt boost anyone last night? I think she should boost Ice tonight. This can confirm she has that power (unless Ice gets killed, but i'll take that for keeping the vig alive).

Ice - I think your invest is better spent on either TDC or GC. And for today lynch RR. He's either scum or a VT tunelling on 2 town PR's, as he has made clear by his complete lack of knowledge of the town PR role PMs...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, i'm starting to think I probably am just a double voter, and Leadership is just another description for that.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So, if there are 2 scum in {RR, TDC, GC, Hunt, Eld} and we have 2 mislynches...And a vig from Incog...This is starting to look pretty good...
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

xtoxm wrote:Did Hunt boost anyone last night? I think she should boost Ice tonight.
xtoxm wrote:Also, i'm starting to think I probably am just a double voter, and Leadership is just another description for that.
Then he lines up lynches with his buddy as auto-town. It's official, you can't get more obvscum than this barring a flat out confession.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've been known to do that. And as town, too.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 am

Post by icemanE »

RR - I don't understand you. You're obvious scum, and yet you press forward the idea that Xtoxm and I are buddies. If I die and flip town, are you suddenly going to consider Xtoxm cleared? How do you conclude that we're buddies? Agreeing that you're scum by no means makes us scumbuddies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”