Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by Dmi »

Does the Monday deadline apply only to answers, or voting as well?

Answer: House of York
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: SLOW DOWN! We still have time!
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Submitted Answers
:

Dmi - House of York
Leonidas - House of York
Mastermind of Sin - House of York
Raccoon_TOF - Influenza

Yet to Submit an Answer
:
AndrewS
Bengel54321
Dragon Phoenix
Flying Dutchman
inHimshallibe
Internet Stranger
Jaguar
Locus Cosecant
Maximumum
mneme
PeaceBringer
Phoebus
PookyTheMagicalBear
Quailman
Save The Dragons
Thoth

Vote Count
:
Locus Cosecant - 4 (Quailman, Phoebus, PookyTheMagicalBear, Dragon Phoenix)
Jaguar - 2 (inHimshallibe, Leonidas)
Flying Dutchman - 2 (Jaguar, Dmi)
AndrewS - 1 (Internet Stranger)
Dragon Phoenix - 1 (Locus Cosecant)

Not Voting
: AndrewS, Bengel54321, Dmi, Flying Dutchman, inHimshallibe, Leonidas, Mastermind of Sin, Maximumum, mneme, PeaceBringer, Raccoon_TOF, Save The Dragons, Thoth

With 20 alive, 11 to lynch
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:09 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Jaguar wrote:I'd like to
FOS: Mastermind of Sin
for answering his question already. We have quite some time before the day ends and I thought we were going to discuss some strategies here. I don't mind discussing the questions, but we should hold off bolding our answers for now.
sorry, I didn't see you discussing that...i just sorta skimmed the previous pages without really reading much
Permanent V/LA.
Raccoon_TOF
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by Raccoon_TOF »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
sorry, I didn't see you discussing that...i just sorta skimmed the previous pages without really reading much
For lack of much better to go on, and since I probably won't have another chance to vote before the deadline anyway, I'm going to
Vote: Mastermind of Sin
for this. Mafia can easily get away with only quickly skimming posts, just looking to see if one of their members is threatened. For the town, we rely on the posts during the day, and careful examination of them, to get successful lynch results (unless we want to trust to blind luck...which I don't.) Therefore, he is either Mafia, or a sloppy townie who wouldn't be much use to us anyway...I'm ok with a lynch on either, though I'd prefer the former...

I hadn't even considered the possibility of still using deliberately bogus answers to still get the effect of not answering, even if the correct answer is known. With that in mind, I'll post the answers that I know, and the rest of you can decide what to do about them...I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so can't really contribute to the discussion for the rest of this day-cycle anyway unless I manage to get access along the way before Monday.

War: It is indeed the House of York / line of Edward IV represented by the White Rose. The opposition was the House of Lancaster / line of Henry IV.

Pestilence: Already posted above with my official answer.

Death: I'm pretty sure this is a quote from Paul Newman. Though my favorite quote of his has got to be "If you're playing a poker game and look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you".

Good luck folks...I'll check in as often as I can until I get settled in, should be back full time sometime the 10th or 11th.
Raccoon_TOF
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:47 pm

Post by Raccoon_TOF »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
For lack of much better to go on, and since I probably won't have another chance to vote before the deadline anyway, I'm going to
for this. Mafia can easily get away with only quickly skimming posts, just looking to see if one of their members is threatened. For the town, we rely on the posts during the day, and careful examination of them, to get successful lynch results (unless we want to trust to blind luck...which I don't.) Therefore, he is either Mafia, or a sloppy townie who wouldn't be much use to us anyway...I'm ok with a lynch on either, though I'd prefer the former...

I hadn't even considered the possibility of still using deliberately bogus answers to still get the effect of not answering, even if the correct answer is known. With that in mind, I'll post the answers that I know, and the rest of you can decide what to do about them...I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so can't really contribute to the discussion for the rest of this day-cycle anyway unless I manage to get access along the way before Monday.

War: It is indeed the House of York / line of Edward IV represented by the White Rose. The opposition was the House of Lancaster / line of Henry IV.

Death: I'm pretty sure this is a quote from Paul Newman. Though my favorite quote of his has got to be "If you're playing a poker game and look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you".

Good luck folks...I'll check in as often as I can until I get settled in, should be back full time sometime the 10th or 11th.
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 pm

Post by Bengel54321 »

I agree with Raccoon here so I'll also
Vote Mastermind of sin

I don't see how a plan with only a group of people answering the question correctly can still work now, as a bunch of people already answered anyway. I am however all for discussing what to do "tomorrow".

Answer: House of York
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:15 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Answer Death = Paul Newman

And I agree on the new voting trend:

unvote LC, vote Mastermind of Sin
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Post by Thoth »

I'll have to answer now as I'll leave for Moscow (no access) early in the morning.
Answer:Influenza

My name is missing on the category list BTW, but it is on the list a few posts above that one.

I don't think MoS's behaviour for which he is voted is that suspicious. I could easily imagine skimming over the posts when I've little time and answering the question when I know it. The only really suspicious thing I see is that he did not know the answer, but gambled when he could just have waited for people who knew the right answer. No vote though as I have no chance to unvote for 4 days.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 am

Post by Maximumum »

Since an answering strategy seems unlikely for this round...

Answer: Bono of U2

Actually, I heard on the radio that his original line had been given to someone else for the remake and that artist was really excited about doing Bono's part. Then Bono was approached with the project and was thrilled to do
his[/his] line again. What are they going to say? "Sorry, BONO you can't have YOUR line, we gave it away"? He is BONO!

(ok, not really as informative as Raccoon, but if anyone needs any information about the Irish Potato Famine, I'm your girl ;))

I agree that MoS's "skimming the thread" comment seems like a scummy thing to do. If he was just glancing at the thread and not really paying attention to the discussion it could be he is mafia just waiting for the question to make sure he gets his night kill. However, he didn't jump on the Locus bandwagon either, something a skimming scum might have done.
FOS: Dragon Phoenix
for jumping on any bandwagon that happens to start. Little too eager to lynch without reasons.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:38 am

Post by AndrewS »

Well...Since I don't know the answer either, I'm just going to say....
Answer: Tony the Tiger
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:51 am

Post by Quailman »

bah! Death was the only one I knew and I wasn't going to give it away. But I guess I shouldn't be all sour grapes, since I am benefitting from others' knowledge myself.

answer: House of York
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:57 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, it looks like we are all answering, but I agree that we should be thinking about better strategies for the next day.

And why is helping out another group a bad thing? There could be great roles in a group that doesn't know the answer and we'd be missing out on investigations, protection, you name it because nobody wants to divulge an answer. Right now we don't know that this is the case, of course, but I'd like to know the reasoning behind not helping out fellow players in trying to find scum.

I'll
unvote: Flying Dutchman
since he is sick (get better soon) according to the V/LA thread.

Answer death: Paul Newman
I need a new tagline...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:30 am

Post by Thoth »

One thing that may be interesting to look at is how people are split up over categories. It would seem logical for a scum group to all pick a different category, making sure they have the best chance to at least get someone with a night action. Once we find some scum we might get some useful information from these first two questions that way.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Hooray for the knowledge of others!

answer: House of York
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:23 am

Post by Quailman »

Thoth wrote:One thing that may be interesting to look at is how people are split up over categories. It would seem logical for a scum group to all pick a different category, making sure they have the best chance to at least get someone with a night action. Once we find some scum we might get some useful information from these first two questions that way.
That would mean therre's a good chance that either or both of AndrewS and Maximumum are evil. Likewise with PeaceBringer and Raccoon_TOF.

I am puzzled by this, however:
AndrewS wrote:Well...Since I don't know the answer either, I'm just going to say....
Answer: Tony the Tiger
Maximumum gave a very convincing explanation to support her answer in the post made one hour prior to AndrewS's. I sure would have jumped on that. In fact, it sounds like the voice of someone who doesn't really care about his night action because he already has a comrade who's answered another category correctly.

unvote: Locus Cosecant; vote: AndrewS
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

Answer: Paul Newman
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:01 am

Post by Maximumum »

I was also puzzled to see AndrewS' post. I thought he was waiting to post because I said I thought I knew the answer but I was waiting in case some strategy was formed. I figured after I posted my answer he would follow shortly thereafter...which he did, but with the wrong answer? That was very odd.

As for examining who picked what categories.
Quick Reference (hope I got everyone)

Italic=wrong answer

inHimIshallbe:
Air
, War
mneme:
Air
, War
PookytheMagicalBear:
Air
, War
Jaguar:
Air
, Death
Flying Dutchman: Earth, War
Locus Cosecant: Earth, War
Phoebus: Earth, Death
Thoth: Earth, Pestilence
AndrewS: Fire, Famine
Maximumum: Fire, Famine
Dmi: Fire, War
Leonidas: Fire, War
PeaceBringer: Fire, Pestilence
Save The Dragons: Fire, Death
Bengel54321: Water, War
Dragon Phoenix: Water, Death
Internet Stranger: Water, War
Mastermind of Sin: Water, War
Quailman: Water, War
Raccoon_TOF: Water, Pestilence

Don't know if anyone can find any useful information in that. I also noticed that both of the people who were presumably killed by the mafia (Coron died differently) were both in the "Earth" category last round. Could there be some killing restrictions based on category as well?
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:43 am

Raccoon_TOF wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

you seemed to have skimmed posts as well, because you missed my earlier post that said I didn't know we were actually playing the game during the category selection part of the day...that's why I only skimmed, because at the time, I didn't think there was anything relevant that I needed to know...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:46 am

oh, and also,
VOTE:Raccoon
for being hypocritical, since I don't really have anything else ATM
Permanent V/LA.
Raccoon_TOF
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Raccoon_TOF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 am

Post by Raccoon_TOF »

I saw your post (though it confused me - IIRC we had already discussed the possibility of preplanning votes even on "day 0"). However, that just shows that you only skimmed the rules as well, :P

Seriously, my vote is a pretty weak vote, and really the only reason it is a vote and not just an FOS is that I doubt I will get a chance to post a "proper" vote before the deadline. I just shipped the last of the stuff that is getting shipped, and the only thing I have left to pack into the car before leaving now is my computer...which will be done as soon as I finish this post. So please, noone take my vote as a very strong thought at all, it's more an FOS with a pre-vote in case more information is turned up.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:58 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

vote: AndrewS

Blatantly giving the wrong answer despite the fact that we haven't worked out an answering strategy yet, and despite the fact that we went over this with Coron on day 0.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:19 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Answer : House of York

unvote : Jaguar

vote : AndrewS
- The blatantly wrong answer is very suspicious, considering Maximumum's reasoning behind his answer.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:26 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Whoa. I had my post ready for a while, and didn't see Locus'. I say this because I find it funny we both used the word 'blatantly.'
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:37 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »