Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

My statements are made knowing 100% that if you lynch me, this game will be over and the scum will win.

My comment:

[quote=Tom Mason]I think all will be solved when Jazz is lynched and revealed as the mafia GF. [/quote]

Should really be mafia/GF.

You are right, I do not know for sure there is a GF in this game. Everyone else began tossing that concept around, paranoid that Tar's investigation of me was possibly false if I were a GF. But it does not dismiss that there is possibly a GF in this game. At this point in the game, unless the GF were me -- it does not matter if there is one in this game. And I am not a GF, so let us look past that -- unless you want to cloud judgment in winning this game for the town.

[quote=Vi]*There WERE two kill attempts, but they were against the same person (Huntress). This guarantees Jazzmyn is not scum. [/quote]

I do not see how that at all makes Jazz
not
scum. Two killing roles target Huntress, one is roleblocked, and the other succeeds. Huntress still dies. It is no different from if Jazz were to target another individual and be blocked.

[quote=Rhinox]
Vi, how is Tom mason confirmed town? How is Tar not confirmed town?[/quote]

I believe we are operating under the assumption that Tar would not falsely claim I am town, leaving himself open the possibility I flipped scum, and then having the rest of the game chase after him for false information. So, even if Tar were scum, he would still report me as town to negate himself from that possible scrutiny. It can become a little bit of WIFOM. But it is really avoiding backlash. It would not confirm Tar as town or scum, only me -- unless you are a really paranoid player.

Now we get to the issue of Tar's roleblock on Jazzmyn and Rhinox now trying to cry gambit. I have mixed feelings on this situation. If both are telling the truth: that means Jazz is definitely
not
one of two killing roles. It does mean Rhinox still is one. However, it gives no insight as to which of them really is town or scum.

Considering a Mafia Roleblocker... There is a possibility of there being a mafia power role in excess of the kill. But it seems like a very basic game where there is not even a town roleblocker (save for a JOAT ability). So, I am not inclined to believe this scenario posed by Rhinox.

While I would like to say I think Rhinox is scum, I feel like it is a hard-pressed case to make -- without knowing Jazz's role. If Jazz flips scum, I think there is a good possibility that Rhinox will flip scum if/when lynched in Day Six. Right now, I think it is a huge risk he made by sticking his neck out there, claiming one thing, then trying to backtrack and audible out by saying he was gambitting. If Jazz flips scum when lynched, it will certainly make him look scum by doing this.

Though, if he is not scum and really is a Vig/SK... Would that not make Vi then possibly a NK immune role (given the assumption he did gambit and did actually target Vi)? There are instances where Mafia GFs are immune to NK. Different mods play different ways.

Now, if that last bit is true... Then we cannot lynch Jazz. We have to lynch Vi instead.

Thoughts?
LHIOB: Let's hug it out, bitch.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Regarding the three scenarios, there's some confusion. Change the second and third cases to "There WERE two
successful
kill attempts". Obviously if one (Jazzmyn) was blocked that falls under scenario one.

Wallpost still forthcoming. I don't think it'll come out tonight though, stuff's going on.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unvote
- I need a little time to think this over. I should post again tomorrow.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Its really quite simple, Vi...

Either A) Tar is faking the JoaT claim and is instead a mafian with a 1-shot. Got lucky and targeted the same player zaz targeted (iaun) to "confirm" a doc protect, and said he blocked jazz to set up her lynch today... his big post today, he seemed to make sure to stress that he wasn't 100% sure that made jazz scum, since he "couldn't be sure me and the scum wouldn't have targeted the same player", basically setting us up for when jazz would be town.

The problem with A is, I targetted Vi, and Vi's not dead. That means vi's nk immune scum, or someone else blocked me (can't be Tar, unless someone else had a 1 shot, and Tar took credit for it). Either way, there would have to be 2 scum left (1 if tar is a RB). Tar wouldn't have to cover himself in the event jazz was town, because vi or Tom as a scum partner would be game over town loss by lynching Jazz town. Thus, if tar is not scum alone, then jazz is his scum partner.

Other interesting tidbit... if tar is lying, he couldn't have blocked me... Either Tar really thinks I'm vig and really trusted me to try to hit scum if he can RB, or he wouldn't have been able to RB anyways, so he would never have tried to claim he could today. but, if Tar IS a mafia RB, then maybe he did RB me and I caught him in a lie with my gambit... somehow, vi's not dead right now though...

Other than that, A is kinda my paranoid conspiracy theory... there's too many weird coincidences and stretch assumptions I would be forced to believe for this to be true.

B)Vi isn't dead b/c he's nk-immune, and there's no mafia RB... Simple, lynch Vi, game over. Town celebrates, and I get to rub in Vi's face how I'm again and still not an sk.

C)Vi's not dead because I was RBed... that means Tar is probably town, and jazz can't be scum unless there are 2 scum remaining. Vi (and Tom) both seemed too eager to just lynch jazz today, and seemed way too confident... Knowing that 1 of them would have to be a RB in this situation, the confidence stemmed from the fact that a) they assumed that I targetted huntress same as them, since I took credit for the kill initially, b) jazz was sort of condemned then by being blocked by Tar, and c) they are a RB, so I can be blocked tonight (again), they can kill someone (only 1 kill), and then I can be the scapegoat obvSK lynch tomorrow. Vi hasn't once considered the possibility that I am vig. Vi is in the best position to be the RB mafian in this situation. If its not Vi, then the only possibility left is that its Tom GF with a role blocking ability... ok, talk about an overpowered role... Vi HAS to be the scum

@tom: I'm having a hard time following the logic for still lynching jazz right now... Jazz can't be scum on her own, due to tar's blocking of her... either someone else had to make the mafia kill, or Tar and jazz are scum partners.

Unless, you're thinking that I really did kill huntress, and I'm playing some even crazier gambit by changing my story now to do what? maybe prevent a situation where me as sk would be lynched when the final mafian (jazz ) is town? Well, consider this. The * in Vi's name in the first post... I put it there intentionally... do you think I had the foresight to know how the day was going to play out? I don't see how I could have predicted this chain of events happening. What if Tar would have blocked me? Actually, since I targetted vi I assumed I was blocked by tar, and I thought tar might try to gambit to get something out of the scum player by claiming to have blocked jazz or Vi. There was another asterisk here in post 765:
Rhinox 765 wrote:Tar, I also want to make sure we hear from Vi or jazz about you blocking her last night* before we do anything - unless you don't think it really matters too much? What do you think?
The * was because I was still working under the assumption that Tar blocked me, and if tar was gambitting, it didn't make sense to end the day without hearing from the player he was working a gambit on. When both tom and Vi were threatening to vote jazz without discussion, I knew it was time to come out of the gambit:
Rhinox 768 wrote:@Tar, and for others information/amusement...

suppose I was gambiting when I said I targetted huntress, because I thought tar was going to gambit to draw out the last scum - essentially, what if tar didn't block jaz, and I know this because I didn't target huntress? And I thought Tar would gambit to try to draw out scum by claiming he blocked someone else (Vi or jazz)? Would the strategy change any if we found out jazz wasn't blocked?

Or maybe I didn't, and I really did take out huntress, and this is a way for me to gambit now and test tar to see if he was being honest about who he blocked, or if he was gambitting to try to catch Jazz, or if he's just trying to justify a mislynch now by lying.

So tar, think carefully before answering. Gambits are off... who did you block last night?
I was completely shocked when tar still said he blocked jazz... either he still thought I killed huntress and kept up his lie, or <see my last 5 posts where the conclusion is Vi=scum>

Tom... really?
Tom wrote:My statements are made knowing 100% that if you lynch me, this game will be over and the scum will win.
^Another slip up, or just a scare tactic? your mislynch would only be game over scum win if you're town and there are 2 goons remaining.... you don't think there are two goons remaining... so how do you know 100% that your mislynch today would be game over? do you know there are 2 mafians remaining because you're one of them? so another WTF please explain?
Vi wrote:Wallpost still forthcoming. I don't think it'll come out tonight though, stuff's going on.
yeah... I don't blame ya... I would have a hard time talking myself out of this one, too ;)

New conclusion... If a vi-town lynch isn't game over today, the only way Tom can be scum is if he's an investigation immune GF with RB abilities, and Tar is a town JoaT. Highly unlikely that a mafia role would be that powerful, so a vi-town lynch proves tom is town. That also proves jazz is town, because jazz can't be scum on her own if tar is telling the truth. That means Tar would have to be scum RB, who RBed me last night but lied to try to get jazz mislynched today, and mafia had an extra 1 shot ability used. He would then block me tonight, and try to lynch me tomorrow for being an sk. As i've already explained, since a cross kill would be impossible, town has to chance that I'm actually a vig.

Town loses today with a vi-town lynch if there are 2 mafians remaining. between tar, tom, and jazz... Tar could only be scum with jazz due to explanation A above. Tom might be scum with jazz... but Tom wanted to kill jazz... jazz would have to be the rb, unless tom is a gf investigation immune RB... so unlikely tom would want to sacrifice the RB ability when a vig possible sk is still running around. So, Confident that Town only loses with a vi-town lynch today if Tar and jazz are scum partners...

Vi HAS to be scum... we have to lynch vi...

confirm vote: Vi
Locked on, and key thrown away.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

After running the math overnight...

The only way Town can lose today if we lynch Vi is if Jazzmyn is Mafia Roleblocker (not Tom Mason, Roleblocker Godfather is too damn overpowered for me to accept) and Rhinox is an SK without kill immunity. In this scenario, Jazzmyn blocks Rhinox and kills a townie, then town either lynches Jazzmyn tomorrow (handing the game to the SK) or gives the game to the Mafia overnight.

All other scenarios I can see that would lead to town loss are all-but-impossible because they require that the game is so overpowered in Mafia's favor that it's not even funny. 14-5 with two Mafia power roles and 2 Millers is so damn imbalanced in the Mafia's favor that I cannot believe that OGML would run such a setup.

The other likely less-than-win outcome is Happily Ever After*. This occurs if Jazzmyn is Mafia Roleblocker (Tom Mason is ruled out because a Roleblocker Godfather is just too damn overpowered for me to accept) and Rhinox is UNK SK. Optimal play here is for the townie to vote no-lynch each day (as long as the townie votes No Lynch, no lynch can be achieved) and for Jazzmyn for block the SK and kill the SK (or no-kill) each night. As such, no resolution can be achieved and the game ends Happily Ever After.

* - Caveat: This depends on how OGML handles Happily Ever After. If it is treated as a loss for all factions, a win for a specific faction, or the game just continues until someone wins, the townie might decide to hand a faction the victory. I've sent a PM to OGML to double-check, but I'll ask the question here as well so the answer is public.

Note to Rhinox: Any case in which you would call me Mafia is shot down by the fact that Roleblocker with a bonus kill is exceedingly unlikely in a Normal game. If Vi isn't scum, Jazzmyn almost certainly is..

Vote: Vi
LOCK ON: Vi

Mod: How do you treat a Happily Ever After endgame?
User out of ambit.

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Wow. I saw the last posts of the last day and the initial posts of this day in which Tarhalindur and TomMason are advocating my lynch (yet again) and where Tarhalindur claimed to have roleblocked me, etc., and I started to write a long reply but I've been sick with some kind of stomach bug, and in the meantime a lot has been written that changes some of what I wrote, so I will have to re-read the new posts again and respond accordingly.

But I am indeed vanilla town, so if Tarhalindur blocked me as he claims, it had no effect on anything. It should be glaringly apparent that I am not scum partners with any of Tarhalindur, TomMason, or Vi, since each and every one of them have been calling for my death repeatedly, well beyond what would typically be viewed as scum trying to bus a scum partner. It seems quite apparent to me that the scum have deliberately kept me alive, in fact, because they know that I am the weakest town player, and one who has a lot of suspicion on me, so they preferred to get rid of the strong town players first in order to give them a better shot at pulling off a scum win.

If Tahralindur is really a JoAT as he says, that leaves Vi and TomMason as the only remaining possible scum, in my view. The problem is that if there are two remaining scum, that means that either Tahralindur is lying about being a JoAT or that he got a false result on TomMason. Can someone please tell me in what circumstances a JoAT can get a false innocent report on someone? Is that only if there is a mafia Godfather or are there other possibilities?

I believe that Rhinox gambited as he says. Since I know that I am town, I cannot see Rhinox as scum. His analysis of the remaining roles seems sound at first blush, but I have to read everything again since I'm not entirely clear on how the balance of roles plays out, etc. Also, I still want to respond to some posts from late on the last day and early on this day, even though some of them have probably become redundant.

Regards,
Jazz
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Tar wrote:The only way Town can lose today if we lynch Vi is if Jazzmyn is Mafia Roleblocker (not Tom Mason, Roleblocker Godfather is too damn overpowered for me to accept) and Rhinox is an SK without kill immunity. In this scenario, Jazzmyn blocks Rhinox and kills a townie, then town either lynches Jazzmyn tomorrow (handing the game to the SK) or gives the game to the Mafia overnight.
Damn it tar, stop giving me reasons to make me think you're lying. Tom, you too.

Tar, how can Jazz be a mafia RB if you blocked her last night? Even if she is, would you rather chance that I'm a vig and lynch zaz, or would you rather have a guarenteed loss and no lynch so jazz can win at night?
Tar wrote: The other likely less-than-win outcome is Happily Ever After*. This occurs if Jazzmyn is Mafia Roleblocker (Tom Mason is ruled out because a Roleblocker Godfather is just too damn overpowered for me to accept) and Rhinox is UNK SK. Optimal play here is for the townie to vote no-lynch each day (as long as the townie votes No Lynch, no lynch can be achieved) and for Jazzmyn for block the SK and kill the SK (or no-kill) each night. As such, no resolution can be achieved and the game ends Happily Ever After.

* - Caveat: This depends on how OGML handles Happily Ever After. If it is treated as a loss for all factions, a win for a specific faction, or the game just continues until someone wins, the townie might decide to hand a faction the victory. I've sent a PM to OGML to double-check, but I'll ask the question here as well so the answer is public.
I see your concerns with that. If an SK is UNK, are they usually told? I wouldn't know, I've only been SK once, and wasn't told I was UNK, but I was lynched D1... Nothing in my role says I can't be nked, whether you believe I'm vig or sk. I believe I can be nked, and I don't think there is any way the town can know for sure if I'm an UNK, even if I am an sk.

I'll tell you this though. I know I am a vig, and I can be nk. If it comes to this potential HEA situation, scum group will nk me and win, i promise you that. On the other hand, town can chance that I am a vig, and lynch scum.

2 scenarios:

No lynch: town loss, or happily ever after.
Lynch scum player (pry jazz): town win, or town loss
Lynch me: Town loss regardless to jazz-scum

If happily ever after is a win for all, and I'm an sk, I have no reason to stick my neck out because I can chalk up a win with either a no lynch, or a lynch the scum option. Since I KNOW I'm town, I prefer lynch the scum, obv. Its the only way the town can outright win. The only thing I can gain by insisting on this if I'm SK is the extra bragging rights of winning outright. However, since sk's rarely win, why wouldn't I accept the draw and call it a night? I know its wifom, but I don't know what I can say to get you guys to believe me. There really isn't anything except to keep insisting.

Also consider this... Even if you don't believe I'm truely a vig, how will you know I'm UNK SK? I think its pretty clear that I or zaz have never been a nk target. zaz because she was inactive mostly... scum would want to keep her around for a mislynch. And last night, I know scum killed huntress because I targetted Vi.

I also think this is a moot point anyways, because I think lynching Vi will be game over. 3 goons + mafia RB seems balanced just right to me given the town roles. I think the only thing in the way of a town win right now is Tom or jazz throwing a hammer on Vi. I'll continue the conversation as long as necessary, but I've never been more confident in any situation yet on mafiascum.net... Vi is scum, he has to be. This lynch will end the game.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

Either we will all rejoice at the result of this, or we will smash our heads against the desk. I am willing to take the risk. In fact, I have to take the risk. If Vi were NOT scum, then certainly Jazz would have hammered by now.

Rhinox... I really, REALLY hope you are the Vig.

Jazz is either a mafia goon or really the vanilla townie she claims to be.

There does not have to be a mafia roleblocker. It makes more sense that there is not a mafia roleblocker -- especially if Vi is a GF that cannot be NK. That would explain Rhinox not being able to kill him last night phase.

Jazz was roleblocked, so she could not be a roleblocker... Unless Tar was lying all this time. Highly unlikely, I think.

Moment of truth, I suppose.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Of course I see this as soon as I get back in for the night.

Well, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is, my Mafia is finally gone. Take a moment now and think of how royally screwed I/we have been all game.

The bad news is, I have reason to believe there's another Mafia, consisting of Rhinox and Tarhalindur. I didn't know about it until I got confirmation from OGML that my kill was received and dealt with.

I targeted Tarhalindur last night, checked with the mod to ensure that it was accurate, and obviously he's still alive. But he said (with verisimilitude) that he blocked Jazzmyn, so he's lying there. That means that Rhinox is lying about not killing Huntress. But Rhinox shouldn't have reason to lie about his Vig targets.

But on the plus side, I don't think Rhinox is an SK any more :D

The only chance I had was to convince you to lynch Rhinox instead. Thank you for just putting me out of my misery (and it was misery).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Vi »

EBWOP:
Vi 783 wrote:The only chance I had was to convince you to lynch
Tarhalindur
instead.
Presumably Tarhalindur is NK-immune; I could whack Rhinox tonight.
Of course, I could have gone for Rhinox in the first place, but I thought he was NK-immune SK so yeah.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I've been reading, and Rhinox's 778 and Tarhalindur's 779 make a great deal of sense to me, but I need to think/type out loud here.

I am not scum.
Rhinox is not scum.
So, if Tarhalindur is a JoAT, either Vi is the only remaining scum, or Vi and TomMason are both scum, with TomMason being a Godfather, since Tarhalindur got an innocent result on him. Since Rhinox targeted Vi but Vi is still alive, that means that she has a scum role that that cannot be NKed, or she is a scum Roleblocker.

And if Tarhalindur is a JoAT, that explains the third kill on Night 2, because it would, we are told, be too unbalanced to have 4 scum including a RB (or a non-nightkillable role) and an additional one-shot night kill. I don't know enough about how roles balance out to know if this is would be unbalanced or not. Is it unbalanced if there are 4 scum in total or only if there are 5 scum in total?

If Tarhalindur really is a JoAT, then that leaves
only
Vi and TomMason as possible scum. In that scenario, unless Vi is the
last
scum, it means that TomMason
has
to be a Godfather, given Tarhalindur's innocent result on him.

On the other side, if Tahralindur is not a JoAT, then he has been lying all along and is himself scum, either alone or with one of Vi or TomMason. If so, there still had to be some added scum power to explain the third kill on Night 2, though.

But if Tarhalindur is not a JoAT and has been lying all along, then what? It means he is scum, certainly, but alone or with TomMason? Because if he is scum with TomMason, then that means that Vi is town, and lynching her will mean game over and scum wins. If, on the other hand, Tarhalindur is scum alone, that also means Vi is town, but we would still have one more Day after he kills Rhinox off at night, hoping that TomMason would vote to lynch me in a nano-second in the end-game since Tom has been trying to have me lynched all game.

I, too, noticed how Tarhalindur's first post seemed to try to set up my lynch today, and how he's still trying to suggest that I'm scum if Vi isn't, but in the event that Vi flips town, that would actually leave only Tarhalindur and TomMason as possible scum, and if it isn’t game over at that point given the NK that would follow, it actually leaves only Tarhalindur himself as scum, i.e., a Roleblocker who blocked Rhinox last night and lied about it, etc.

But, in light of the 3 kills on Night 2 with nothing to explain it, I think the stronger case is Vi and TomMason as scum, so:

Regards,
Jazz
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Hey Jazzmyn, while I'm "hanging around", so to speak, what's your avatar from?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Hmm, how very interesting. I could have claimed my actual role today.

You're right that I'm scum, Vi, but you're wrong about the type.

I'm an SK (kill-immune variant, hence the lack of Mafia kill). Kills are as follows: DoomCow killed CKD N0, Percy N1, and Scheherazade N2. I no-killed N3 and tried to kill Rhinox last night.

That last kill, obviously, failed. I didn't push for Rhinox's lynch today because I couldn't rule him out as UNK Godfather (or Roleblocker) and I've been trying to engineer a Kingmaker situation for the last few days.

I'm killing Jazzmyn tonight. Tom Mason, I believe you get to decide which SK wins tomorrow.

Savvy?
User out of ambit.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Vi »

Two SKs? Nya ha, New Age Mafia indeed. I like how both of you would have died if you weren't NK-immune (though I would have died first if my Godfather immunity had been taken away).

Of course, this means that I was screwed over even more than I ever expected, and I'm just lucky that there were no more crosskills. Awesome. 8-)

The reason I didn't come clean today - instead focusing on Rhinox-SK - was because Town didn't have a chance going into today, regardless. So claiming would have meant that Town should have lynched me out of futile self-preservation.

Hey Tom. If you don't particularly dislike Tar Sparrow or Rhinox, you may as well No Lynch. You're not winning anyway.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Vi »

For the sake of information for the impatient.

N0 - Juls killed farside. (policy)
N1 - I killed strife220. (With the introduction of a third killing element, this means Rhinox doesn't necessarily have to be lying about this kill - which was my first tip that he was SK.)
N2 - I killed armlx. (Not because he had my number, but because Caboose told me what being scum against him was like.)
N3 - Caboose killed iamausername. (We thought he was obvSK.)
N4 - I attempted to kill Tarhalindur. (The most dangerous person alive, due to being one of the only two players throughout the game not dedicated to rabidly killing people of the same alignment.)
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Oi vey. Well, at least it appears that I was right about a couple of things: that I was wayyy out of my depth in this game, that Tarhalindur was scummy, that Vi was scummy, that I'm learning, and that I really should trust my instincts more instead of second guessing myself so much. It's been an awesome game, though, for my first non-Newbie game and I'm really looking forward to the end results.

Regards,
Jazz
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Vi »

I don't think ANYONE expected this outcome. I myself was trying to get a Prisoner's Dilemma set up for tomorrow, but my death is something of a setback in regards to that.

So don't worry about being out of your league; up until Tarhalindur and Rhinox replaced in everyone was more or less equally lame
and Mafia was set to win
. But all the things you were accused of up until now? Don't do those in the future, and I think you'll do fine.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

The odds highly were against this situation. But I think the quality of players in Tar and Rhinox to come in and do what they did... Really was well-done.

Had Rhinox not mentioned the gambit, Jazz would have been lynched, I think.

And my situation just plain sucks.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Vi »

Tell me about it.

I wasn't sure why Rhinox went away from the easiest lynch in a game full of easy lynches at first. Then I checked in about my NK, and realized that not only was I messed over, but I couldn't even claim Mafia Godfather to convince the Town to lynch Rhinox, because given that Tarhalindur was also scum Town couldn't win in the first place today (and thus the proper play would have been to lynch me and hope I was lying through my teeth). This was just the semifinal elimination round.

<more complaints go here>
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

A few notes:

A) Since I didn't elaborate enough earlier: "rule him out as UNK Godfather (or Roleblocker" -> I couldn't rule Rhinox out as UNK Godfather (damn unlikely, required a doublekilling Mafia Godfather or another SK) or, more importantly, I couldn't rule out Rhinox or ESPECIALLY Tom Mason as Mafia Roleblocker. (I had Tom Mason read as Mafia Roleblocker for quite a bit of Day 5, since him killing me and failing made sense in that scenario.) I judged that a N4 with Tarhalindur-SK, Tom Mason-Mafia Roleblocker, Rhinox-Vig, and Jazzmyn-Vanilla was fairly favorable, and even after his modified claim (which all-but-proved he was SK to me) there was a good reason to stay away from him: I lose endgame ties with Mafia and win all other endgame ties (presumably including double-SK endgames). I assume Rhinox has a note in his win condition to the opposite effect. (Given the way he assumed two Mafia today, he could either have believed in 2 Mafia - kill one would set up Kingmaker for him - or thought he could push through a Tom Mason lynch FTW tomorrow.)

As an aside, a minor motivation for my push for massclaim D3 was that I expected a second town protective role - Doc or bulletproof. (I would have asked even as town, since massclaim at LyLo is correct play.)

B) Tomorrow is very simple. Rhinox should no-kill tonight (or kill Jazzmyn or me, which amounts to the same). Tomorrow, either Tom Mason votes to lynch me (handing Rhinox the game) or casts any other vote (handing me the game).

C) Jazzmyn, you are UTTERLY mistaken in one regard - my case against you was sincere (I thought you were Mafia trying to push home a mislynch... er, non-Mafia lynch - until the middle of Day 4). In fact, note that I play SK as town until very late game (one reason that I was pissed at DoomCow - my best guess is that he plays SK as Survivor/Scum, when I consider such play amazingly suboptimal). The case against DoomCow was, however, good... except for the fact that the tell you used isn't a Mafia tell per se. It's a Survivor tell (and therefore a weak Mafia tell).
User out of ambit.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Final Vote Count of Day 5

Vi (3) -- Rhinox, Tarhalindur, Tom Mason

Not Voting (2) -- Vi, Jazzmyn

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch!

Vi has been lynched! He was a
Mafia Godfather

It is now Night Five. Deadline for night actions is 72 hours.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

There is no happily ever after in mafia. What kind of fairy tale do you think I'm running here?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Its a stressful night for everybody. Especially for Jazzmyn. As you can imagine, being violently slain is a particularly stressful business.

Jazzmyn -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 5

It is now Day Six. With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

OK.. I've been stalking this thread like mad hoping to be the first 1 here when it opened.

I tried to kill Tar... obv, I failed.

Tom, you have to lynch Tar. He admitted to being scum, he's lied.

What I have I done since I replaced in? I've nailed 2 scum, and been 100% honest (well, there was my gambit, but it worked!). I swear on all that is holy that I am a vig.

Options:

No lynch: Tar will win. I can't kill him. He can kill me because I am a vig.
Lynch Tom: same result.
Lynch Me: Guarenteed Town loss, because Tar admitted to being scum.
Lynch Tar: Town wins.

The only chance you have is to lynch tar and cross your fingers that I'm still being 100% honest and I am a vig. I am. I know I am. Even if you don't believe me, who would you rather hand the game to if we're both SKs? Tar who's lied, or me who's been honest and completely pwned the scum since replacing in?

I swear I'm a vig. Its all I can do to try to convince you without quoting my role PM. Its also your only chance, because I can't kill Tar, and I know he can kill me.

You have to vote him. Please believe me.

VOTE: TAR FTW

CONFIRMED AND LOCKED ON! IT'S THE ONLY WAY, TOM
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

EBWOP:

Tom, you have to lynch Tar. He admitted to being scum, he's lied