Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I'll be checking to see whether I can dig up any interactions from Kinetic in a bit.

I'm not sure about whether to ask for the person who has Dreams of Reality (if anyone) to claim. I do know that the message above looks suspiciously like a 1-shot I've always included in Dreams of Reality.

Now, the important part:
Hp [leaves], Bender Rodriguez, Robo-Supremacist, dismantled day one.
Considering that Bender was almost certainly metal, I'm pretty damn sure I'm responsible for that kill (I switched target to hp [leaves] after Natirasha was lynched*, and my bonus for targeting metal is that I kill the target).

* - Natirasha seems to be using my rules/ability resolution order, which would mean that his Supersaint was a Rapid Action and therefore could not be prevented by my roleblock. I decided to block hp [leaves] in the hopes of preventing a Mafia kill and maybe vigging metal.

(Note on my information from yesterday - the only thing I was told was that it would be a bad idea to lynch the mod (though the phrasing was that of a much sterner warning, if not an order). I wasn't told why.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 386 wrote:Well, thanks for confirming that one Vi.

I'm one of the four. If my projections are correct, you are one of the three, though I could be wrong. I'd have to check your interactions with Kinetic to guess properly.

Vote Vi
"Confirming"? "Projections"?
Something a little more substantial would be nice y'know.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Wait, this is fucking obvious.

Just look at forbiddanlight's posts in isolation, and see just how many of them are off topic (not to mention the setup speculation). (I'll PBPA in a bit, I'm short on time now.)

That's IIoA, and a particularly reliable form of it to boot. (Kinetic was just as guilty of the same form of IIoA before his death - I should have caught it then, I just didn't have time to focus on two games at once.)

Vote: forbiddanlight
User out of ambit.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Vi »

I
would
like to wagon f-light right about now (because in addition to her nonactivity D1, wagoning her is ALWAYS the right choice), but I'm actually interested in what I apparently confirmed for her and would like for her to explain what she's going on about first.
f-light 384 wrote:
Umu
...that's...interesting.
Were you referring to me here? :P

@veerus: Who is scum?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Isacc »

That was definitely a crazy night phase. I am still trying to understand exactly what happened with everything, and all the information we've gotten. This is certainly a lot to take in.

Robo-Supremecist doesn't sound particularly pro-town to me, however I can't see there having been a four person non-town faction (and it being balanced), so I don't think it's mafia (obvious) and I don't
think
he was part of the other 3 person faction, though I could be wrong (depends on what the win conditions of that faction are, really). I guess I was at least wrong about HP being mafia. Damn.

What is more interesting to me, though, is that Natirasha was not G-man. Take this into account: Tarhalindur told us that the flavor of his "Do not kill the mod" warning was strongly related to G-man, thus suggesting that Nat
was
G-man. However, it seems this was false.

In fact, I don't really see that his warning was true: Natirasha's death didn't really result in so much bad things that I can see. Yes, his supersaint ability killed a fellow townie, however, it seems he also protected the town from a scum kill (You may notice, Nat said earlier that a
Doc
was killed, which wasn't Zwet so it must have been him...and the night flavor says "The villain's kill" was stopped by the "God's last will.")

Next, I have just opened a wikipedia page about G-man, mainly because I wondered, if not Nat, then who would G-man be? Well, read this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Man_(Hal ... #Abilities

Under abilities, the last sentence is:
The G-Man is capable of operating a very wide range of machinery and technology, ranging from cellular phones and sealed steel doors to nuclear warheads and teleporters.
This is exactly what I was looking for when I opened the page: some reference to G-man using machinery. Why? Because my primary suspect after Natirasha for G-man was Tarhalindur.

Here is why. He spearheaded the argument about G-man, which would be a good way to hide the fact that he was the suspect in question. He also provided a conclusion that Natirasha was G-man (maybe he felt safe doing so because he thought Natirasha wouldn't be lynched, due to his warning).

Now, we have learned about one of Tarhalindur's powers: That he is a roleblocker with the ability to kill if the target is metal (or a
machine
). G-man is notably gifted at the use of technology, and apparently so is Tarhalindur. Coincidence? I am starting to doubt it.

For all these reasons, I believe that Tarhalindur may likely be G-man himself. For that reason...

Vote: Tarhalindur
Explain yourself.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Illumina »

Whoa, crazy night.

I'm with Vi atm, I want to know forbiddanlight's thinking.

Tar, what do you mean by IIoA?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, yanno what? I just read my quicktopic and Nat just pissed me off. I'm sorry to my unnamed scumbuddy, but I can't stand this anymore.

I'm scum. Good job. Lynch me. please. I also am excluding myself from any future Nat-mod games.

Further, I guarantee that Vi is one of the other 3 (likely another scum faction), since he picked up the exact same thing I did. I have no idea on Tar, or really anyone else.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by populartajo »

Im here let me catch up. What the hell does 4-2-3 mean? Town-scum-something else distribution? Is that something caused by an action?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by populartajo »

forbiddanlight wrote:Ok, yanno what? I just read my quicktopic and Nat just pissed me off. I'm sorry to my unnamed scumbuddy, but I can't stand this anymore.

I'm scum. Good job. Lynch me. please. I also am excluding myself from any future Nat-mod games.

Further, I guarantee that Vi is one of the other 3 (likely another scum faction), since he picked up the exact same thing I did. I have no idea on Tar, or really anyone else.
What happened?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Were you referring to me here?
Hahaha, no, it's just a cute expression of uncertainty.

For all these reasons, I believe that Tarhalindur may likely be G-man himself. For that reason...
Given the rest of your evidence I'm leaning towards agreement. I'd rather vote some scum before I die
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

What happened?
So, we had a kill on an unnamed individual. And Natirasha very explicitly told us he was using his perfect knowledge of the game to know our target and protect the kill.
-StrangerCoug

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Isacc »

Though I am wary to believe anything a claimed scum says, what do you mean by Vi "picking up the exact same thing you did"? I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Also, considering your claim, I will
Unvote
and
Vote: Forbiddanlight

Note, this does not take away from my suspicions on Tar (and he still needs to explain himself!). However, I think a scum lynch is an option preferable to most others.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Vi »

I called it on f-light scum~
Vote: forbiddanlight
(L-2)
I'm going to guess Illumina as the partner based on 393.

On a serious note, I've had all game to contemplate how this game is less
mind screw
and more
bastard mod
, and I agree with you about this being the last Nati game I play.

I'm interested in hearing what f-light has to say about me.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I agree with the above and am going to
Fos:Forbiddanlight
so scum cannot quickhammer.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

4-3-2

You seemed to pick up quite quickly that the town group wasn't the three (which is entirely possible). You also were the first to attempt to use the numbers to implicate me. I'm guessing scum based off that, and your tunnel vision on me which seems uncharacteristic of you.

And yes, you called it. But, don't think it will be so easy in other games I happen to be scum in. This one just completely failed to interest me. You'll find I wasn't lying about other games where I've been uninterested as town.

On a serious note, I've had all game to contemplate how this game is less mind screw and more bastard mod, and I agree with you about this being the last Nati game I play.
I like bastard mod games. Natirasha crossed even that line.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 402 wrote:
4-3-2

You seemed to pick up quite quickly that the town group wasn't the three (which is entirely possible). You also were the first to attempt to use the numbers to implicate me. I'm guessing scum based off that, and your tunnel vision on me which seems uncharacteristic of you.

And yes, you called it. But, don't think it will be so easy in other games I happen to be scum in. This one just completely failed to interest me. You'll find I wasn't lying about other games where I've been uninterested as town.
Um, word to your kitten. I've only ever seen it as Town-Scum-Other.
That and I would hope that the largest number on D2 is Town (though I wouldn't put it past Nati to make it otherwise).

As far as tunnel vision and calling you out on being anti-Town goes, that's a result of
you yourself using similar behavior to throw me off
in Time Abuse.

I also agree with Isacc's theory about Tarhalindur being the G-man. Another, somewhat more tenuous suggestion: Consider that Tarhalindur effectively claimed a Tech-aligned kill and the Mod "saved the tinkerer", and consider that G-man is apparently indestructible (according to the wiki entry you gave). I would fully expect the G-man to be impervious to bullets.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Um, word to your kitten. I've only ever seen it as Town-Scum-Other.
Meaning...it's not that great a tell?

Nyeh, ah well, this game really was bad for me anyway.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

forbiddanlight 404 wrote:Nyeh, ah well, this game really was bad for me anyway.
I know the feeling all too well. *pets*
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Vi wrote:
forbiddanlight 404 wrote:Nyeh, ah well, this game really was bad for me anyway.
I know the feeling all too well. *pets*
So do I - thanks for fucking me over in a certain ongoing game, btw. (Why no, I couldn't possibly be bitter and sarcastic here. What are you talking about?)

Now, as for charges that I'm G-Man:

It's not completely impossible that I'm G-Man: I've run into a fan theory that says that my character *becomes* G-Man at some point in the future of the Half-Life universe. If this is the case, however, Natirasha is lying to me to such an extent that I would have serious doubts about ever playing another Natirasha game (and would likely withdraw from Parallel Universe, assuming that project isn't dead) - I have what should be the unambiguous indicator of town alignment in my role PM. I have no indication that I might not be town (which is something I try to include for all ambiguous-alignment roles in my games)

Re: Thinking Nat was G-Man - the name of the ability is taken DIRECTLY from a quote in the first game (a quote related to G-Man, no less). I considered Nat=G-Man a logical inference, (Note that, at least for me, the name of the ability that tells me G-Man is not town is another quote from the Half-Life series with a single letter removed.)

About killing metal things: Let me put it to you this way. I block people by beating them over the head with a certain blunt object. If that person is metal, I simply put them out of commission.

About my information that lynching the mod was a bad thing... uh, a Doc with perfect knowledge of kills is utterly, utterly broken. This was, apparently, only one of Natirasha's abilities. Yes, I'd say a Nat lynch was a bad thing.

Notes on setup:

- Bender did NOT have the unambiguous indicator of pro-town alignment in this game. Given this, I must assume either mod error (note that Bender had NO indication of alignment given at all) or that Bender was Neutral.
- Given the format and the fact that it was provided where a vote count should have been, I'm all-but-certain that the "4-2-3" is an ability I usually refer to as the Count of Monte Cristo ability (after its name in Mind Screw 1). It has ALWAYS been a Dreams of Reality action. This means we either have 4 town, 2 Mafia, and 3 Neutrals OR we have 4 town, 2 Mafia 1, and 3 Mafia 2. I'm not sure which, yet.
User out of ambit.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So do I - thanks for fucking me over in a certain ongoing game, btw. (Why no, I couldn't possibly be bitter and sarcastic here. What are you talking about?)
Was that to me or Vi?

About my information that lynching the mod was a bad thing... uh, a Doc with perfect knowledge of kills is utterly, utterly broken. This was, apparently, only one of Natirasha's abilities. Yes, I'd say a Nat lynch was a bad thing.
Oh, I rather liked it. Apparently he was a one shot doc though.

- Given the format and the fact that it was provided where a vote count should have been, I'm all-but-certain that the "4-2-3" is an ability I usually refer to as the Count of Monte Cristo ability (after its name in Mind Screw 1). It has ALWAYS been a Dreams of Reality action. This means we either have 4 town, 2 Mafia, and 3 Neutrals OR we have 4 town, 2 Mafia 1, and 3 Mafia 2. I'm not sure which, yet.
I'm not sure if I want to give you anymore information, but I'll give you a hint. Given what
I
know, it's like Mafia 1 and Mafia 2.

Also, I think you know that as well since you basically did a non defense of the GMan allegations.
-StrangerCoug

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Well. In the interest of "fun" I will surprisingly not modkill forbiddan. And, like I said in the quicktopic, wait for the reveal. I suppose this is a reap what you sow circumstance for me...
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Vi »

f-light 407 wrote:Was that to me or Vi?
Me.
Ironically, we're complaining about the same game :D
f-light 407 wrote:Oh, I rather liked it. Apparently he was a one shot doc though.
We only gave him one shot :P

-----
Tarhalindur 406 wrote:Re: Thinking Nat was G-Man - the name of the ability is taken DIRECTLY from a quote in the first game (a quote related to G-Man, no less). I considered Nat=G-Man a logical inference, (Note that, at least for me, the name of the ability that tells me G-Man is not town is another quote from the Half-Life series with a single letter removed.)
Now that I've Done The Research, I will concede that this is accurate. (Of course, this goes back to who-has-the-note metagaming.)

I also agree with the gripe that I'm not sure of my own alignment (remember, I'm apparently a Serial Killer-flavored Miller). Granted, this could be part of the Mind Screw element, but there's a difference between messing with people's heads and setting them up for falls all over the place.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Natirasha wrote:Well. In the interest of "fun" I will surprisingly not modkill forbiddan. And, like I said in the quicktopic, wait for the reveal. I suppose this is a reap what you sow circumstance for me...
Is this supposed to be in a votecount?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Mssk: no, more like a "let me explain myself" moment.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I suppose I can just end the game if you guys want. If, say, a majority of players living or not want to end the game I will make it amytual draw between all factions.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”