Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I used that fake softclaim about a post restriction as an excuse for not posting. That doesn't make me scum.
Yeah, it does. Why would a townie ever softclaim a role he doesn't have?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by icemanE »

and it looks to me like RR doesn't want me to investigate him tonight. He either A. Doesn't want to look bad tomorrow if I get a guilty on him or B. Doesn't want to look bad if I die tonight. He wants me lynched today to avoid either of those situations.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by icemanE »

Why would a townie ever softclaim a role he doesn't have?
I didn't soft-claim a role, I softclaimed a PR.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Post restrictions are part of your role. The same question applies, town has no reason to do this. Ever. Also, if you truely were a one shot cop you'd have fought far more fervently to survive 'till tomorrow instead of your resinged act intended to make you look all selfless.
Iceman wrote:I think it's probably worth lynching me at this point anyways. I'm going to be a target for the rest of the game and I would be the most probably lynch in a lylo situation, losing us the game.
This is pure BS if you keep in mind that lynching cop-you tommorow is obviously more beneficial to the town than lynching him today.

Glossing over your posts, here's another painfully apparant contradiction:
Iceman wrote:My top picks for scum are RR and elderad, primarily because they're so "sure" that Xtoxm are scum. Knowing that I'm not scum makes it easy to see how bullshit their cases are.
Iceman wrote:I do think that Xtoxm's actions look like pretty serious buddying up. That's why I wanted to make sure that RR wasn't going to dismiss his suspicions of Xtoxm when I flip town. I feel my lynch is more or less inevitable, and I do agree that we need to lynch today, so I'm fine with being the pick. I would look seriously at Xtoxm tomorrow.
Suspicion of xtoxm goes from being a strong scumtell to something you encourage, all in the space of a few posts between which nothing drastic happened.
Iceman wrote:and it looks to me like RR doesn't want me to investigate him tonight. He either A. Doesn't want to look bad tomorrow if I get a guilty on him or B. Doesn't want to look bad if I die tonight. He wants me lynched today to avoid either of those situations.
I like how you're preparing yourself to claim a guilty on me tommorow.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by icemanE »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Post restrictions are part of your role. The same question applies, town has no reason to do this. Ever. Also, if you truely were a one shot cop you'd have fought far more fervently to survive 'till tomorrow instead of your resinged act intended to make you look all selfless.
Iceman wrote:I think it's probably worth lynching me at this point anyways. I'm going to be a target for the rest of the game and I would be the most probably lynch in a lylo situation, losing us the game.
This is pure BS if you keep in mind that lynching cop-you tommorow is obviously more beneficial to the town than lynching him today.

Glossing over your posts, here's another painfully apparant contradiction:
Iceman wrote:My top picks for scum are RR and elderad, primarily because they're so "sure" that Xtoxm are scum. Knowing that I'm not scum makes it easy to see how bullshit their cases are.
Iceman wrote:I do think that Xtoxm's actions look like pretty serious buddying up. That's why I wanted to make sure that RR wasn't going to dismiss his suspicions of Xtoxm when I flip town. I feel my lynch is more or less inevitable, and I do agree that we need to lynch today, so I'm fine with being the pick. I would look seriously at Xtoxm tomorrow.
Suspicion of xtoxm goes from being a strong scumtell to something you encourage, all in the space of a few posts between which nothing drastic happened.

Iceman wrote:and it looks to me like RR doesn't want me to investigate him tonight. He either A. Doesn't want to look bad tomorrow if I get a guilty on him or B. Doesn't want to look bad if I die tonight. He wants me lynched today to avoid either of those situations.
I like how you're preparing yourself to claim a guilty on me tommorow.
This is addressing the bolded:

If you look, you'll see I said "My top picks for scum are RR and elderad, primarily because they're so "sure" that Xtoxm are scum." Notice I said "Xtoxm are scum". If I had meant that to be referring to just Xtoxm, I would have said "is", but I meant to put "Xtoxm and I are". So reread that quote with that in mind and you'll see it wasn't a contradiction.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

vote: ice
. Because a no lynch is bad.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

unvote, vote: ice
, if that's necessary.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

:?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by icemanE »

I think everyone would do well to remember what I said about RR pushing for my lynch for the reasons I stated. Please don't let him run this thing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I used that fake softclaim about a post restriction as an excuse for not posting. That doesn't make me scum.
How am I supposed to not vote you after you yourself admitted to lying to the town about your lurking?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 am

Post by icemanE »

How am I supposed to not vote you after you yourself admitted to lying to the town about your lurking?
I don't know, you're the one who did it...

and for f's sake, lying doesn't make someone scum.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

It does unless it comes attached to an overwhelmingly convincing reason. What's yours?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 am

Post by eldarad »

iceman wrote:If you look, you'll see I said "My top picks for scum are RR and elderad, primarily because they're so "sure" that Xtoxm are scum."
But I said that Xtoxm was probably town. I've been arguing for that strongly since Xtoxm replaced in.

I agree that lying doesn't automatically make you scum. But there is a lot about your claim that makes absolutely no sense when compared to other things you have said.
Like "forgetting" to send in a Night choice when you have received your role less than 4 hours ago;
Like not posting for most of the Day and then jumping on a suggestion that maybe your role incentivises you not to post;
Like then claiming that you forgot about your role until asked to claim;
Like asking to be vigged Tonight because "it seems better than being mislynched".
Huntress wrote:1) As he replaced in just before the deadline I can see the point of not using the ability if he really did think it was only one-shot. Better to save it for when he could make an informed decision.
2) Not knowing him, it's impossible to say. There are too many factors that could have affected it.
1) That isn't why Iceman said he didn't send in a choice. He said that he forgot. Why are you making excuses for him?
2) Again, I asked for your opinion. What do you think?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 am

Post by icemanE »

If I'm lynched today it's my own fault, I realize that. But I am not bullshitting my claim, and I really did forget to submit a night action. I do think it's worth having me around until tomorrow because whether or not you believe my claim right now, I will have a result to present tomorrow, which, if I'm lynched tomorrow, will prove that my results are accurate. That seems to make perfect sense to me. I have played poorly, I realize that. But we aren't at lylo, so even if we mislynch someone other than myself today, and I'm lynched tomorrow, at best I'll have a guilty on someone which my death will confirm as legit, and otherwise, I'll have an innocent and you can go into lylo with at least one cleared player. I ask that we lynch someone else today and am totally fine with being lynched tomorrow. Don't be surprised if I'm NKd.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Incognito »

1122, Raging Rabbit wrote:Incong, why on earth did you switch to Huntress?
1127, eldarad wrote:Incog, what is the thought process behind your change of heart on Huntress?
1132, vollkan wrote:I've seen enough of your posts this game to know you are a content-rich sort of guy. As such, I find it kind of baffling to fathom how hypotown Incognito could, simultaneously, be convinced of Hunt's scumminess by something to the point of changing his vote, but also not think it worthwhile to either explain himself or, if time was scarce, to post a "reasons shortly" or something to that effect.
I switched my vote to Huntress largely because I've been having a change of heart about her for very similar reasons to what Green Crayons listed in his 1077. I also just get the feeling that if Huntress was town, she'd have tried to push her case against eldarad a bit more rather than just voting him on the 13th of January and leaving it at that. She didn't once attempt to call for more votes on him or engage in conversation with him to try to figure out his motivations or anything along those lines, which is what I would
expect
town to do if he or she felt like a particular person in the game was scum. From the point that she placed that vote, she made 9 additional posts over about a half a month time span, which mostly seem like filler to me and were completely unrelated to her eldarad suspicions. Finally, now that we're approaching deadline, she switched her vote to Xtoxm and switched icemanE into her number two hole for her deadline lynch choice after mentioning that she could go for an icemanE lynch after making further comments about eldarad. These eldarad comments never came, and I really don't understand her icemanE change of heart.

Also, I just can't see Xtoxm as scum as I've repeatedly stated and really the only two remaining people who seem to make sense to me as scum are Huntress and icemanE. Since an icemanE lynch was beginning to seem less and less likely because of his claim, I figured Huntress was the only other option for today.

icemanE, you never answered these questions from before:
1117, Incognito wrote:Would you vote her? Do you think she's scum?
Also, when did you first begin feeling like "[Huntress] lurks waiting to pounce like her avatar"? If you felt this way for awhile, why did you never have her listed in your LoS as opposed to Raging Rabbit and eldarad?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Incognito »

Btw, vollkan, do you plan on voting anytime soon?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, when did you first begin feeling like "[Huntress] lurks waiting to pounce like her avatar"?
I only looked into huntress after you asked me.

I also don't really consider lurking a scumtell unless it's egregious. The "pouncing" was just because of her avatar.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Incognito »

Here's where we are currently:

Unofficial Vote Count

icemanE (3) <- eldarad, Raging Rabbit, Green Crayons
Xtoxm (1) <- TDC
Huntress (1) <- Incognito
eldarad (2) <- Xtoxm, Huntress

Not voting (2) <- vollkan, icemanE

icemanE and vollkan should really be voting someone right now. Please make a choice so we can figure out what to do from there.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Incog wrote:Also, I just can't see Xtoxm as scum as I've repeatedly stated and really the only two remaining people who seem to make sense to me as scum are Huntress and icemanE. Since an icemanE lynch was beginning to seem less and less likely because of his claim, I figured Huntress was the only other option for today.
So now that Ice is clearly an option, why are you still voting Huntress?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Incognito »

Good question. Let's do this then:

unvote
vote: icemanE
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Patrick »

Day 2, Vote Count #11 - Lynching

icemanE (4) <- eldarad, Raging Rabbit, Green Crayons, Incognito
eldarad (2) <- Xtoxm, Huntress
Xtoxm <- TDC

Not voting: Vollkan, IcemanE
9 alive, death at 5.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 am

Post by TDC »

Well, that's L-1.
Will check back in a few hours and hammer if necessary.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 am

Post by icemanE »

Now that you've seen my completely reasonable proposition, and seen that RR isn't going to unvote me to go along with a plan which has absolutely no holes in it, and that incog even voted me after reading it, please keep that in mind tomorrow. The only reason they wouldn't want to follow my plan is because it could be bad for them to be found guilty, then confirmed as guilty with my lynch tomorrow. Don't let them get away with it.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 am

Post by icemanE »

vote: RR
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Iceman wrote:Now that you've seen my completely reasonable proposition, and seen that RR isn't going to unvote me to go along with a plan which has absolutely no holes in it, and that incog even voted me after reading it, please keep that in mind tomorrow.
One problem - there's almost no way you're telling the truth, and I don't want you to fake a guilty tomorrow and possibly fool the town into a mislynch.

Even if you're somehow innocent, an innocent claim tomorrow followed by your lynch results in scum most probably NK'ing the confirmed, which results in little gain. I think I'd rather have the knowldege that I'm totally wrong about things now. You most likely won't get a guilty if you're town, since I assume you're gonna investigate me (clearly innocent) or possibly Incog (probably innocent).

I'd rather lynch xtoxm today, but since there's no consensus for that the second best lynch is absolutely you. So yeah, I'd say it's hammertime.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”