(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ThAdmiral wrote:replacing in.

reading up.
Who are you replacing? If you're replacing SC, then cool, I'd like to hear what you have to say. If you're replacing literl, you should know that you're the #1 bandwagon a few days before deadline and you might want to consider claiming.

Anyway, let's please lynch someone before deadline. Right now, I think Literl has 4 votes on him, and I think Empking has 3. There are also several people not voting; everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone; if we spend this long on day 1 and totally fail to lynch at all it would be teh suck.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Because he was my second choice for a lynch, and I do not want to risk going to deadline without a lynch, I'm going to say
unvote, vote: Litral
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:

reading up.
Who are you replacing? If you're replacing SC, then cool, I'd like to hear what you have to say. If you're replacing literl, you should know that you're the #1 bandwagon a few days before deadline and you might want to consider claiming.

Anyway, let's please lynch someone before deadline. Right now, I think Literl has 4 votes on him, and I think Empking has 3. There are also several people not voting; everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone; if we spend this long on day 1 and totally fail to lynch at all it would be teh suck.
I
just said
that we have 15 days until the deadline. Two solid weeks is plenty of time. This post looks very scummy for trying to solicit a claim from someone who has very few votes, and for trying to rush a bandwagon.

Honcho, I thought my reasons for balking at the GnKoichi gambit were made clear at the time. If you have more concerns, quote them and be more specific.

Also please be more active. I <3 you too much to have you replaced in this game.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:
I
just said
that we have 15 days until the deadline. Two solid weeks is plenty of time.
Oh, really? (checks) Ah, you're right. That's what I get for listening to KoC.
This post looks very scummy for trying to solicit a claim from someone who has very few votes, and for trying to rush a bandwagon.
This is lame, though. Trying to rush a bandwagon? Dude, do you realize how long it's been since we first started trying to bandwagon Literl? Remember, back when you said that he looked incredibly scummy but didn't want to lynch him because you thought he might be a jester? We could have lynched Literl 10 days ago without it being a "rushed bandwagon".
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by roflcopter »

does this day really have to drag on for that much longer, or can we just lynch litral already?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Vino wrote:Honcho, I thought my reasons for balking at the GnKoichi gambit were made clear at the time. If you have more concerns, quote them and be more specific.
I'm not going to quote anything, as if you'll read my post you'll notice it was the principle of it I was asking about... But that's a fun cop out! I'll restate my question I guess. You were convinced that one other anti town mason was going to come out and confirm that GnKoichi's PM was the phony one, and that THE OTHER FOUR MASONS were anti-town liars. Is that what you were trying to prevent? Koichi's been kind of all over the place, but I for one thought this was a pro-town effort, as it really did consist of dividing the masons on at least one point (even if a weak one) which could lead to us clearing some of them, and probably puts GnK at risk but for pro town reasons.

So I am confused as to why you were so quick to dismiss it! You even threatened to lynch anybody who spoke up and lent a hand to young GnK, which makes me wonder why the idea of it scared you.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

15 days? Damn Gina, I so stoopid. Forgot the replacement extra-time.
roflcopter wrote: does this day really have to drag on for that much longer, or can we just lynch litral already?
You seem to really be rather lynch-happy. You've basically been jumping on any prospective wagon possible, and then instead of giving reasons, just agreeing with PotS (until s/he went over to Empking) and then repeating variations of "can we just lynch ??? already?" Active lurking, definition of. I wouldn't call it a concrete scumtell, since a lot of players who are used to EpicMafia et al are pretty impatient, but then again, you've had a lot of time to acclimatise... so it does worry me.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:
This post looks very scummy for trying to solicit a claim from someone who has very few votes, and for trying to rush a bandwagon.
This is lame, though. Trying to rush a bandwagon? Dude, do you realize how long it's been since we first started trying to bandwagon Literl? Remember, back when you said that he looked incredibly scummy but didn't want to lynch him because you thought he might be a jester? We could have lynched Literl 10 days ago without it being a "rushed bandwagon".
s/rush/push/ sorry. This is what I have a problem with right here: "everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone." The excuse of "the deadline cometh" is arguable, but the post rubs on me as if it has the wrong motivation.

PS I don't care if he's a jester.

Honcho, if it was a scum gambit, I didn't think his scum partner would take up the offer of outing the both of them. If it was a town gambit, I didn't think any scum would be dumb enough to take the bait. If there's two scum then the chances that both will take the bait is slim, and then the one who did would get lynched. If both happen to take it then both scum are reasonably confirmed to GnKoichi, and highly suspicious to everybody else. In the end, no matter how it swings, we end up lynching a mason, which we don't want to do.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

The masons that answered Koichi's challenge have sworn that they have not noticed even the smallest discrepancy.

However, Koichi's PM is different.

That tells me that a least, HE is not like the rest of us.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Lowell »

^^^ TBH I didn't do this. I assumed he would be modkilled until I read the rules more clearly. What post number is his claim so I can check again.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:
Empking wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I don't see enough bus'ing in the Litral wagon.

unvote, vote: Empking
Please give reasons with your vote.
Like I haven't given reasons before?

How about putting content in YOUR posts, Mr Righteous?

Empking is sooooo scum. Roflcopter, I think Litral is going to have to wait for Father Vig. I'm liking the Empking lynch more and more.
I didn't ask for content with your posts, I asked for content with your votes

The fact that you're unable to give any is very telling.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay I think I found it. If PoS is referring to the PM listed by fourteen, I can confirm it is the same for me as well.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:42 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:The masons that answered Koichi's challenge have sworn that they have not noticed even the smallest discrepancy.

However, Koichi's PM is different.

That tells me that a least, HE is not like the rest of us.
For someone who want to make the Litral wagon happen very recently, you're making it really hard to not vote you. The masons answers mean nothing, since Vino disarmed the gambit before most people could respond. They were influenced by him saying he would vote for anyone who said their PM was different, so now we can't take anything from it. This is such a weak push by you to continue to make me look bad. Seriously, you're grasping at straws to make me look like scum.
---
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:48 am

GnKoichi wrote:For someone who want to make the Litral wagon happen very recently, you're making it really hard to not vote you. The masons answers mean nothing, since Vino disarmed the gambit before most people could respond. They were influenced by him saying he would vote for anyone who said their PM was different, so now we can't take anything from it. This is such a weak push by you to continue to make me look bad. Seriously, you're grasping at straws to make me look like scum.
I said you are different, and you cannot deny that you are.

Also, I'm voting Empking.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
s/rush/push/ sorry. This is what I have a problem with right here: "everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone." The excuse of "the deadline cometh" is arguable, but the post rubs on me as if it has the wrong motivation.
First of all, it wasn't "so long as we lynch someone". It was "so long as we lynch Literl or Empking". In any case, though, if we had been coming up close to a deadline, my post would have been entierly right. There are few things worse to the town then a very long da that ends with a failure to lynch; it totally demotivates the town, and scumhunting tends to go totally down the tubes as we spend another whole day spinning our wheels with no real information, not to mention the fact that the town losing a lynch is very bad for the town.

Even seeing as we're not actually close to a deadline yet, the only difference is that there's no longer an urgent need for Literl's replacement (if he is Literl's replacement) to claim right away, since he's only got 4 votes on him. But everything else I said is still valid, especally that I dislike the fact that several people aren't voting at all right now.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:First of all, it wasn't "so long as we lynch someone". It was "so long as we lynch Literl or Empking".
No.
Yosarian2 wrote:everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone
Your words exactly. Post 902.

But I don't think this should be the focus of conversation so let's drop it.

I am still waiting to hear from people like empking and Litral (replaced with ThAdmiral I believe) before I place my vote.
Show

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yosarian2 wrote:

reading up.

Replacing literl.

I'll answer all questions once I've finished reading.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:First of all, it wasn't "so long as we lynch someone". It was "so long as we lynch Literl or Empking".
No.
Yosarian2 wrote:everyone needs to bandwagon up ASAP, I'd be fine with either bandwagon at the moment just so long as we lynch someone
Your words exactly. Post 902.
Right. Like you quoted, I specifically said "either bandwagon", right after talking about the literl wagon and the Empking wagon. "Either wagon" clearly means "one or the other".
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

koc, that smear attempt was failsauce. i thought the deadline was on top of us because people were saying so in thread.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Actually, several people wrote that it was actually 15 days to deadline long before you made that post, rofl. I already think you're a bit scummy, now I can add Lynch all Liars to that.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Vino »

One interesting thing about Mafia is that any scum finding techniques are subject to statistical arbitrage. That is, the more people know about a scum-finding technique, the less effective it becomes, as the scum are more likely to mislead town by accusing townies of it, and less likely to actually perform it themselves.
Show

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Vino wrote:One interesting thing about Mafia is that any scum finding techniques are subject to statistical arbitrage. That is, the more people know about a scum-finding technique, the less effective it becomes, as the scum are more likely to mislead town by accusing townies of it, and less likely to actually perform it themselves.
Except for a few; such as bus'ing, and strategic lurking if in jeopardy.

I observe that Thadmiral's lurkage is in perfect continuity with Litral's.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Wait who did ThAdmiral replace? Armlx?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Vino wrote:One interesting thing about Mafia is that any scum finding techniques are subject to statistical arbitrage. That is, the more people know about a scum-finding technique, the less effective it becomes, as the scum are more likely to mislead town by accusing townies of it, and less likely to actually perform it themselves.
AH!

AH!!!!!

Vino, that's exactly what you did with my PM Gambit! You just admitted to acting exactly how you think scum would act surrounding a scum hunt.

unvote, vote: Vino

With Litral getting replaced, he's unfortunately harder to lynch (bad mod call, in my opinion. Should have replaced SC first).
---
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Vino »

GnKoichi wrote:Vino, that's exactly what you did with my PM Gambit! You just admitted to acting exactly how you think scum would act surrounding a scum hunt.
What?

I was talking about this:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Actually, several people wrote that it was actually 15 days to deadline long before you made that post, rofl. I already think you're a bit scummy, now I can add Lynch all Liars to that.
Accusing someone else of lying so that he can use Lynch all Liars.

I don't understand your accusation.

PS Serengeti: bussing is no exception. Since scum know it is used as a scum-finding technique, they can accuse townies of it, which weakens its usability against the scum in aggregate.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”