orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Oman wrote:
Do you really believe that it is likeyl that we'll lynch the sucms every single day? How many times do you see town mislynch day 1. in fact, its likely that we're ever so wrong about Emplking and we shouldn't lynch him with tracker because if he IS town then we lose the tracker and town.!
No, I don't think it's likely at all. My post was kind of an exaggeration, but if we lynch scum, I don't think it matters what role they have. But..the person might be town, so that has to complicate everything, so I see what Shanba means. I am just not personally going to use a role as a reason not to vote someone. With 12 players, a couple or more being scum, the odds are more than likely a person is town. So yeah, we MIGHT be wrong about empking. I am not currently voting empking at the moment though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:36 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Korts wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:But if we lynch scum with a role you consider good today, day 2, we could lynch another scum, and then day 3..

I don't think we should base lynch choice off of role. That just gives scum with good roles a free pass and another day to slip by. Possibly lynching scum all three days (unlikely, I know), not basing choice entirely on role, then will it matter at all if we don't have a tracker, or whatever? No, because we'd be this much closer to winning. I see what you're saying though, but I think it's silly to not lynch a scummy person just because they have a role that is considered good.
Transcript: no really I want us to get rid of any useful power roles along with the shiny mislynches.

The point you're missing is that there is no difference technically in lynching Empking today and tomorrow, except that the tracker role stays in play (which is a GOOD thing, since town has great use for it and scum doesn't.)

Also, you're pushing the Empking wagon on a "why not" basis, addressing the point of lynching today compared to tomorrow instead of the point that he hasn't done anything scummy (boneheaded yes, scummy no).
Translation: Korts is trying to twist my words around, to give them a scummy meaning.

There is no difference in when we lynch Empking. That is true. I guess, if the tracker role helps catch scum, by keeping scum around an extra day, then it might be worth it, I suppose. You have a point there.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Oman »

orangepenguin wrote:
Oman wrote:
Do you really believe that it is likeyl that we'll lynch the sucms every single day? How many times do you see town mislynch day 1. in fact, its likely that we're ever so wrong about Emplking and we shouldn't lynch him with tracker because if he IS town then we lose the tracker and town.!
No, I don't think it's likely at all. My post was kind of an exaggeration, but if we lynch scum, I don't think it matters what role they have. But..the person might be town, so that has to complicate everything, so I see what Shanba means. I am just not personally going to use a role as a reason not to vote someone. With 12 players, a couple or more being scum, the odds are more than likely a person is town. So yeah, we MIGHT be wrong about empking. I am not currently voting empking at the moment though.
I'm aware you're not voting him, but you are subtling suggesting that someone should be. I dislike where you're coming from here, but its not yet enough for me to vote you...
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Tanarin »

orangepenguin wrote:
Korts wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:But if we lynch scum with a role you consider good today, day 2, we could lynch another scum, and then day 3..

I don't think we should base lynch choice off of role. That just gives scum with good roles a free pass and another day to slip by. Possibly lynching scum all three days (unlikely, I know), not basing choice entirely on role, then will it matter at all if we don't have a tracker, or whatever? No, because we'd be this much closer to winning. I see what you're saying though, but I think it's silly to not lynch a scummy person just because they have a role that is considered good.
Transcript: no really I want us to get rid of any useful power roles along with the shiny mislynches.

The point you're missing is that there is no difference technically in lynching Empking today and tomorrow, except that the tracker role stays in play (which is a GOOD thing, since town has great use for it and scum doesn't.)

Also, you're pushing the Empking wagon on a "why not" basis, addressing the point of lynching today compared to tomorrow instead of the point that he hasn't done anything scummy (boneheaded yes, scummy no).
Translation: Korts is trying to twist my words around, to give them a scummy meaning.

There is no difference in when we lynch Empking. That is true. I guess, if the tracker role helps catch scum, by keeping scum around an extra day, then it might be worth it, I suppose. You have a point there.
OK, Well what were to happen if the person we DO lynch does not flip scum? Then do we waste our second day lynching empking anyway and possibly going LYLO? I mean I can see seriously considering a lynch of emp if we happen to lynch scum today as we will have the breathing room. Also, we need to consider if we want to keep the role switcher around as emp is due to become that role tomorrow should he make it that far.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Empking »

Tanarin wrote:Emp, may I ask you something. Why do you feel the need to post with an alt in this game? Especially after the mod has asked that people don't do that? If there is a legit reason I would understand, but is it that difficult to log in with your regular nick and post?
I'm really bad at posting with the right account. Its not something I do on purpose.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Empking wrote:
Tanarin wrote:Emp, may I ask you something. Why do you feel the need to post with an alt in this game? Especially after the mod has asked that people don't do that? If there is a legit reason I would understand, but is it that difficult to log in with your regular nick and post?
I'm really bad at posting with the right account. Its not something I do on purpose.
Would either of you call this an actual scumtactic?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Empking »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Empking wrote:
Would either of you call this an actual scumtactic?
I wouldn't.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Korts »

Personally I don't see what's wrong with posting in an account called "Empking's Alt" instead of in the one called "Empking". I mean, he couldn't be more obvious about his identity anyway.
Tanarin wrote:OK, Well what were to happen if the person we DO lynch does not flip scum? Then do we waste our second day lynching empking anyway and possibly going LYLO? I mean I can see seriously considering a lynch of emp if we happen to lynch scum today as we will have the breathing room. Also, we need to consider if we want to keep the role switcher around as emp is due to become that role tomorrow should he make it that far.
Considering a usual 9:3 setup even if we mislynch today, scum kill tonight, and Empking is still the most viable lynch tomorrow, we'd be at 7:3, therefore his supposed mislynch wouldn't cost us the game, pushing us only into 5:3 or 6:3 depeding on the following night's actions' resolution. The former is a mislynch or lose situation, and the latter is still one day from LYLO. I don't see any serious problem with this, if Empking will still be the biggest lynch target tomorrow.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP:
The former is a mislynch
or
and
lose situation,
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:Personally I don't see what's wrong with posting in an account called "Empking's Alt" instead of in the one called "Empking". I mean, he couldn't be more obvious about his identity anyway.
Tanarin wrote:OK, Well what were to happen if the person we DO lynch does not flip scum? Then do we waste our second day lynching empking anyway and possibly going LYLO? I mean I can see seriously considering a lynch of emp if we happen to lynch scum today as we will have the breathing room. Also, we need to consider if we want to keep the role switcher around as emp is due to become that role tomorrow should he make it that far.
Considering a usual 9:3 setup even if we mislynch today, scum kill tonight, and Empking is still the most viable lynch tomorrow, we'd be at 7:3, therefore his supposed mislynch wouldn't cost us the game, pushing us only into 5:3 or 6:3 depeding on the following night's actions' resolution. The former is a mislynch or lose situation, and the latter is still one day from LYLO. I don't see any serious problem with this, if Empking will still be the biggest lynch target tomorrow.
So you believe Emp is a mislynch now?
Are we forgeting about a RB, Role switch and all those things that help and could prevent a kill?

Just checking.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Korts »

farside wrote:So you believe Emp is a mislynch now?
Are we forgeting about a RB, Role switch and all those things that help and could prevent a kill?
Haha, read what I say again. I try to point out that in a general worst case scenario presuming 9:3 town:mafia without third party would still allow for an Empking mislynch; note that I'm making assumptions for a worst case scenario where Empking would be the D2 lynch. The point I'm making is that Tanarin is being too much of a doomsayer here.
scumchat never die
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"I'm going to go powder my nose" Priscilla blurted out suddenly. "I'll come with you" Hanna chimed in. "Yeah I've got to drain the liz...uh tinkle" said Evette. Before you knew it all 12 girls were making a pilgrimage to the ladies room. You here them whispering, some sighing and others giggling as they go.

The awkward silence left behind is quickly interupted by a shouting Oman. "Wooo I got me some digets!" he exclaimed. Hanna had apparently left a string of numbers on a cocktail napkin at their table. "And it only took me four weeks."

Vote Count:

neko2086
(4) Oman, Shanba, Empking, farside22

Empking
(2) Xtoxm, ThAdmiral
orangepenguin
(1) Korts
hohum
(1) neko2086
MafiaSSK
(1) orangepenguin

Not Voting
: hohum, MafiaSSK, Tanarin

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch or 6 to No Lynch.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Oman »

Own.ed
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Korts wrote:
farside wrote:So you believe Emp is a mislynch now?
Haha, read what I say again. I try to point out that in a general worst case scenario presuming 9:3 town:mafia without third party would still allow for an Empking mislynch; note that I'm making assumptions for a worst case scenario where Empking would be the D2 lynch. The point I'm making is that Tanarin is being too much of a doomsayer here.
Maybe I am worrying too much, Korts.

So as of now, it seems the town as a whole is leaning towards a Neko lynch from the comments I have seen thrown around. SSK, I know you have been working on that Neko PBPA, maybe now would be a good time to throw it up here. Though OP is starting to look like someone we should consider, as he seems to be the only one really pushing the whole lynch emp today thing.

@SSK: No, I highly doubt it would be any sort of scumtactic. I'm just asking why. Though if you were to use his logic from earlier, the act that he wasn't modkilled means he must be scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

No PGO love?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote

@Tan: I am not really
pushing
for an Empking lynch. If I was, I was doing a terrible job of doing so, what with not voting him, and not trying to convince people constantly, with cases that are corroborated and stuff. I just thought and still do (though not as much as before) think he is a good option.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm. Xtoxm, now that you've been here a few days, mind sharing your thoughts on who might be scum?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Empking »

Tanarin wrote: @SSK: No, I highly doubt it would be any sort of scumtactic. I'm just asking why. Though if you were to use his logic from earlier, the act that he wasn't modkilled means he must be scum.
Where does it say that its against the rules?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Oman »

Tanarin wrote: @SSK: No, I highly doubt it would be any sort of scumtactic. I'm just asking why. Though if you were to use his logic from earlier, the act that he wasn't modkilled means he must be scum.
WORST LOGIC EVAR!!!

There is absolutely no way this makes any sense in any good mod's mind.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Tanarin »

Hey I didn't use the logic originally, emp did during the farside thing. I was just using said logic sarcastically.

@EMP: Post 541. Usually if a mod "asks" you to do something, it's usually more of a Don't do it type thing.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Still haven't finished reading yet but I've skimmed most of the stuff on neko.

- obviously the paranoid gun owner is a role that is clearly more beneficial to scum than to town, and therefore one that I would be more than happy to be rid of.

- therefore I agree that it is slightly scummy that neko chose it so early.

- in conclusion I agree that neko would be a good candidate for lynch today.

Furthermore if anyone has any ideas about the role switching side of things can you let me hear them. I am considering switching whoever I am going to be tomorrow with myself so I can keep the role.
mod
, is that allowed? or do I have to switch two other girls?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ThAdmiral wrote:
mod
, is that allowed? or do I have to switch two other girls?
you may switch any two girls still in play
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:29 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Oman wrote:
WORST LOGIC EVAR!!!

There is absolutely no way this makes any sense in any good mod's mind.
Agreed.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Oman »

Ah so it was sarcastic. Stupid internet tone.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by hohum »

Tanarin wrote:Though OP is starting to look like someone we should consider, as he seems to be the only one really pushing the whole lynch emp today thing.
I was one of the first people who started pushing the Emp wagon if not the first; however I'm on the fence about the whole "don't lynch his role" argument.

I think he's a better D1 lynch target than Neko.

I need to go back through the thread and reread the arguments for and against lynching him based on a power role and see if I can draw my own conclusion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”