Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Axelrod »

Well, at least DGB is making it easy for me.

Vote: DGB

I will just point out, to those who might be listening to her, that
if
she were telling the truth, then the scum team would be Master Ruck and myself (me because of her "result" and him because of lying about her), and we would have just put everything on the line to get DGB lynched today, which might possibly win the game, I suppose - except if there is a vig. in the town, or a Doc, or a RBer, or anything to prevent a successful kill tonight. Which would be a rather risky gambit to me. Also, it would have been just extremely fortunate for us that Master Ruck happened to claim his "result" first, when we would have had no idea that DGB apparently had an "inspection" and was about to accuse me.

Incidentally, this also means that there's also definitely 1 more scum, because DGB wouldn't bother with a gambit like this if she was the last one left. Last scum I'm thinking will be out of Jahudo/Ghostwriter.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

We need to hear from Sirdan.

I wouldn't mind a full claim from DGB but Sirdan should post at least once first.
Axelrod wrote:if she were telling the truth, then the scum team would be Master Ruck and myself (me because of her "result" and him because of lying about her), and we would have just put everything on the line to get DGB lynched today, which might possibly win the game, I suppose - except if there is a vig. in the town, or a Doc, or a RBer, or anything to prevent a successful kill tonight.
That does sound risky, but why do you think there is a vig? I think the Psychopath flip tells us there was a 2nd killing faction that chose not to kill ever so do you still think it's possible to have 3 nk forces in a mini game?
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Maybe vig in this case is something like my cop scan in that it's earned through answers and it's a one-shot.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

That's possible, but I want to explore more scenarios before I feel comfortable with DGB at L-1.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I don't mind claiming, I'm the Poor Little Rich Girl.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 am

Post by iLord »

To Come! (Day 4)

Flavor to come.

Vote Count the Second (Day 4)

DrippingGoofball (3): Master Ruck, GhostWriter, Axelrod

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Sirdanilot has mentioned that he was in V/LA up until today, so I'll give him two more days to post before I prod him.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Jahudo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't mind claiming, I'm the Poor Little Rich Girl.
Is that a power role?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Jahudo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't mind claiming, I'm the Poor Little Rich Girl.
Is that a power role?
No. Only a flavor.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

I'm here.

I suppose we're at mylo now, if there are two scum left. If dgb flips town, and the scum get a night kill, it'll probably be 2 vs 2. So this is quite the risk I suppose. I got mostly town vibes from dgb this game so I'm really not sure.

I consider it likely that the game contains 3 scum and then the sk or psychopath (what's the difference?). Since no lynching won't get us anywhere I think that we should take the risk of lynching dgb now.

I am not hammering right now since hammering in the first post after a week of absence would not be the best course of action and I'm still a bit hesitant. Does anyone want any other information from me?

I think some rereads discussing interaction with Natirasha are in order before the hammer vote is placed.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

sirdanilot wrote:the sk or psychopath (what's the difference?)
Typically a Psychopath is linked to a Psychiatrist on the town side. That might provide us with a confirmed townie who doesn't have a PR anymore since the psychopath is dead. So I think a Psy might as well claim unless they have a good earned power from answering questions.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by iLord »

To Come! (Day 4)

Flavor to come.

Vote Count the Second (Day 4)

DrippingGoofball (3): Master Ruck, GhostWriter, Axelrod

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

Okay, so, the two people not voting DGB need to say something more. Vote her, or say why you're not voting her and ask questions/vote someone else.

I realize this is easier for me than you under the circumstances, but it's dragging now.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Jahudo »

Like I said I believe both claims that they received power roles through correct answers because the flavor of getting an item matches my experience. I don't think anyone had previously let this flavor info loose in the thread. I also feel that this game wouldn't mess with sanities for an earned power. So that means one is lying and we either have Ruck/Axel as scum or DGB/??? as scum.

If we don’t lynch scum today and we don’t have a vig/RB/doc to kill scum or stop the scum kill tonight then we lose the game.

DGB:DGB only mentions Nat when she disbelieves his miller claim and sticks to that as her reason for voting and lynching him. She comes out with this stance early on but like most people she voted for DH day 1. Then she forgot about her miller attack and went after animorph day 2. Then she returns to her miller lynch day 3 before any votes appeared on Nat:
DGB wrote:I got Xtomx's answers directly from him. Those may be tainted. He exchanged with people. Some of which may be the Miller's scumbuddies.

Axelrod:
Axelrod wrote:First impression is that the "two miller" thing is some bad juju. I'm pretty sure I've never seen that before and I think it highly likely at least one of them is full of it.
It sounds like he's willing to lynch the second one if the first one comes up town.
Axelrod wrote:But Der Hammer also said (late) that he misread his PM and he wasn't actually a miller. So the "two miller" issue may, in fact, be a non-issue. This doesn't mean there aren't other reasons to vote Natirasha. Beginning of day review is in order.
Is able to retract his first statement because DH wasn't actually a miller, so now Nat can be. Also promises to come up with a Nat case.
Axelrod wrote:I'm apologizing for slacking on this game, I've been very distracted recently. Of course, three other people have yet to post at all.
Doesn't come up with a Nat case.
Axelrod wrote:I think that looking at Nat. is a good place to start the day.
Day 3 says Nat is a good place to investigate but this is another empty promise like the previous two.
Axelrod wrote:The early Miller claim is a slight plus, just because it's a gambitty thing to do as scum right out of the block, but Nat. kind of went downhill from there.
Finally willing to vote for UROE but doesn't provide concrete reasons. He was much more willing to vote DH based on "how he claimed" but a Nat lynch took a long time with alot of indecisiveness.

If DGB is the busser, she initiated the day 3 suspicion on Nat and pushed for his lynch fairly hard, even creating that #7 trail to link to Nat. If Axel is the busser he is showing a hesitancy to investigate him. Both, however, believed that Nat looked bad early on but they easily sidetracked onto DH and Ani lynches first.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Master Ruck »

I know it's fair to admit that both me and DGB may be telling the truth with our power claims (seeing as both involve an item of sorts), and I know this will be lessened somewhat as I'm one of the two roles in question, but doesn't it seem that DGB's breaking into a locker is just another form of a cop scan? I find it strange that the same role comes in two very different forms, especially when his power feels like he made it up based on all the flavour we have been given when determining the roles of others at death. He's playing it safe because he doesn't have the actual power (my ring) so busting into a locker was probably the only thing he could think of to be a cop scan.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Master Ruck »

EBWOP: when determining the
alignment
of others at death.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Jahudo »

@DGB: Did you receive a role name for your acquired power?
Master Ruck wrote:I find it strange that the same role comes in two very different forms, especially when his power feels like he made it up based on all the flavour we have been given when determining the roles of others at death.
You have a point there. The flavor of opening a locker had been used on lynches to determine role and alignment:
"What am I going to do? They didn't find anythng in his locker - only a violin, bows, and sheets of music? I can't say that he's a bad kid! I can't say anything. What am I going to do?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:48 am

Jahudo wrote:@DGB: Did you receive a role name for your acquired power?
I did. Thief.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am

Jahudo wrote:
"What am I going to do? They didn't find anythng in his locker - only a violin, bows, and sheets of music? I can't say that he's a bad kid! I can't say anything. What am I going to do?"
Good catch.

Probably everyone has something different in their locker, and if I would have gotten the power earlier and used it on that player, those are the items I would have found.

A far-fetched explanation would be that the thief ability comes with a miller drawback, but I re-read my PM and there's definitely no hint of that. So cop powers may come with sanity issues, IF Master Ruck is telling the truth.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Jahudo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I did. Thief.
Why would a rich girl need to be a thief? Check and mate.

Okay, maybe that's too much speculating. Here's some more:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Last night, I received the ability to pick the locks on student lockers. I rummaged through Axelrod's locker, and found a firearm, a bag of weed, $1000, a nudie calendar and no textbooks.
The thief claim holds up with using bolt cutters to break into people's lockers. I see that connection.

But you never officially said that your power confirmed Axelrod was scum. So does it? If not, it's flavor cop which could have a draw-back if Axel is pro-town but has an excuse for the gun and weed.

@Axel: can you confirm if you are a pro-town aligned drug-dealing card-carrying member of the NRA? (or something town that fits this locker description?)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Jahudo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I did. Thief.
Why would a rich girl need to be a thief? Check and mate.
Obv the power you gain and the role you have are not necessarily related. Unless my daddy is Bernie Madoff, haha.
Jahudo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Last night, I received the ability to pick the locks on student lockers. I rummaged through Axelrod's locker, and found a firearm, a bag of weed, $1000, a nudie calendar and no textbooks.
The thief claim holds up with using bolt cutters to break into people's lockers. I see that connection.

But you never officially said that your power confirmed Axelrod was scum. So does it? If not, it's flavor cop which could have a draw-back if Axel is pro-town but has an excuse for the gun and weed.
That's correct. I am not given alignment.

However, the name of the Mafia seems to be "Druggie" so the weed is pretty damning.

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

This is quite simple. DGB is obviously lying. A rich girl, who happens to gain the powers of a thief? Mistaking lock PICKING with using bolt CUTTERS? Everyone knows what lock picking is, and can assume, roughly, how it is done; people know, through sheer common sense, that bolt cutters cut, and do not pick.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:38 pm

GhostWriter wrote:This is quite simple. DGB is obviously lying. A rich girl, who happens to gain the powers of a thief? Mistaking lock PICKING with using bolt CUTTERS? Everyone knows what lock picking is, and can assume, roughly, how it is done; people know, through sheer common sense, that bolt cutters cut, and do not pick.
Look, scum.

I can't quote my PM, and I went by memory. Later I checked, and it was bolt cutter.

Are you protecting your buddy?

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

No, I'm trying to wrap the bow on the present box you've already placed yourself in for us.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm

GhostWriter wrote:No, I'm trying to wrap the bow on the present box you've already placed yourself in for us.
You are quite impervious to obvious common sense, and opportunistic to boot.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Jahudo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:However, the name of the Mafia seems to be "Druggie" so the weed is pretty damning.
I just realized that UROE wasn't a druggie by character name. His character was the fat kid. Now I understand the connection.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”