raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Yeah I have been really busy lately. I hope to catch up sooner then later.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ortolan wrote:And I agree that the prefix "Precooked" suggests there may well be multiple mafia factions anyhow...
Does it, really? I understood it to mean that we were authentic raw sushi against a pre-cooked sushi mafia. What other kind of sushi would be scummy? Maybe I should study Japanese restaurant menus.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Pear Bear wrote:And this is a perfect example of how my newb tendancies and inexperience are being horribly misinterpereted for scum behaviour, by more experienced players who are either confusing themselves, or going for an easy kill.

I was simply putting my thoughts out there.
One: This defense is lousy overall.
Two: Misinterpreted? Care to clarify how your "newb tendancies" are
Town
behavior? Or maybe even Null? Oh, and "newbie" doesn't qualify to me as an answer.
Three: Confusing ourselves? I'm insulted...
OhGodMyLife wrote:
M_K wrote:I'd... love to hear an explanation for why OGML's "less suspicious". Personally, he's on the top of my list, mainly because of that rather sudden change-of-vote from me to Santos...
Well, I can see you're still sore about yesterday.
... Yep. :P
OhGodMyLife wrote:
M_K wrote:And an obligatory
FoS: OhGodMyLife

Still with the smarmy comments and no real help or answers?
Why don't you just grow a pair and vote me? Your FoS is worthless.
Because the advantage of lacking a pair is that I don't have to think with them. :P
But to answer your question seriously: because I'm not too sure... and I'm less sure now (but not because you said it's worthless...).
OhGodMyLife wrote:
M_K wrote:Chapter 2: Dousing the Flameaxe

The Case: All I found that basically, Flameaxe weakly defended Santos and gut feelings...

My opinion: I can't peg a thing on Flameaxe. The weak defense on Santos is exactly that; it doesn't mean much to me. I'd want Flameaxe to post more, and something that we can use; most of his posts are useless so far for info gathering.
Geez, all these scummy people want us to
ignore Flameaxe
, I wonder why?
... No. Don't you
dare
put words into my mouth, too.
I never said
anything
about ignoring Flameaxe, and I sure as hell didn't imply it.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Microphone_Kirby wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Plum, of all of those scrambling to find the right/easiest lynch in the wake of the Santos lynch, you're the only one who seemed to actually be trying to do so
in a way diagnostic of alignment
based on yesterday's play.
Um...... you lost me here. Can you explain that in
simpler
terms? :?
No. Well, ok. Basically, she seems like she's really trying to ascertain alignment, whereas most of the rest of the people voting me seem to just be doing it because its easy.
OK. Thank you. Now allow me to retort:

You're absolutely right. It's easy to vote you now. Too damn easy, in fact.
Personally, I want you hung right now.
"Professionally", I wanted to hear from you again with much more content than what I've seen in your previous posts. I'm satisfied now. ;)

... And I'm convinced that there are better lynches than yours, OGML.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Plum »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Microphone_Kirby wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Plum, of all of those scrambling to find the right/easiest lynch in the wake of the Santos lynch, you're the only one who seemed to actually be trying to do so
in a way diagnostic of alignment
based on yesterday's play.
Um...... you lost me here. Can you explain that in
simpler
terms? :?
No. Well, ok. Basically, she seems like she's really trying to ascertain alignment, whereas most of the rest of the people voting me seem to just be doing it because its easy.
It's nice that you feel that way, but I feel compelled to point out that my work up to the point of your original "Plum is likely to be town" comment I'd posted (Day 2) a rudimentary list of people I thought had a fairer chance than most at being Santos' scumbuddy and a starting vote on Flameaxe, and . . . a mild defense of my list's position on you., along with a longish disclaimer on the fact that my list only dealt with Santos-buddy suspects, not overall scuminess. On the other hand, say, DGB for instance, came into Day 2 with multiple suspects and said considerably more about her suspects than I did (doing what I should have at the time; I probably had less time/less energy and in any case didn't) - so is she "likely town" in your opinion? Did I really do that awesome a job of being diagnostic about alignment at all? Look deep into your heart, OGML.

Basically, something down in the region of my gut is calling bullshit.

There are two possibilities here with your call that I'm "likely town".

1. You're town and am saying I'm town because you genuinely believe it to be the case.

2. You're scum tying yourself to a townie for laughs and giggles and strategy.
Talitha wrote:I'm not sure whet the vote count is, and I'm not certain OGML is town, but how 'bout we lynch someone who DIDN'T vote to lynch a scumbag yesterday.

OGML is a good / well-known player in a game that's likely to have more than one killing group. I doubt he'll still be alive at endgame. We don't need to waste a lynch on him.
Likely to have more than one killing group? One death last night makes me think not (it's possible, but I'm in no way certain enough of that to feel comfortable relying on that fact). Also we
can
find scumbuddies who placed bussing votes on Santos, too. Some feel that OGML's vote was likely bussing. If there's a good case made on any player, experienced, well-known, or someone no one has ever heard of before this game, I want to lynch him.
FOS: Talitha
Pear Bear wrote:This will be very interesting later on if OGML flips scum. I already suspect plum for a few fallable reasons, one of them being that whenever someone votes against me, and I am town, they automatically jump into my line of sight as potential scum, because theyre voting to lynch town. Also, in nearly every mafia game Ive played, those players who you think are "likely town" and do the best job at looking the part of a townie, end up being scum. And Plum is doing a great job at looking pro-town.
Farkshinsoup wrote:Translation: I have specious reasons for suspecting Plum (OMGUS and Too Townie). I'm going to jump on this wagon over here, not so much because I think he's scum, but because it will help to clear up my thoughts about this other guy who's voting me. Oh, and I'll slap "for the time being" on there so that I can back out and put my vote somewhere else if this wagon falls apart or I attract too much attention.

This is a sad attempt at scum hunting from someone who has no interest in finding scum.
Yeah, that. Two logical fallacies? Nice. Newb behavior? Possibly, quite, but I don't like it or anything.

OGML: Your whole long post you keep accusing people of ignoring, defending, whatevering Flameaxe. So - do you have some sort of case against the guy at all?

Overall,
HOS: OGML
- would like you to respond to some of the above, kay?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

DGB: I believe the prefix alone might be taken to suggest multiple mafia, although to be fair I've been in two games where that was not the case- RealTime mafia had a mafia B but no mafia A, and a mini I was in, 701 I don't think differentiated the mafia factions when they died even though they were two different factions.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

and even if not another mafia there could still be a serial killer
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Back, rereading.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Talitha »

I've been reading over.. haven't finished yet but think I might switch over to Pear Bear... I just can't imagine a townie making some of those posts.

I think we're down to about 7 days until deadline.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:57 am

Post by raider8169 »

@OGML,

Your long post alone makes me think you are scum. You accuse everyone of being scum or whatnot just because they think you may be scum. You dont seem to care at all that the votes are how we are going to determine if you are scum or not. Im convinced you are scum.

Vote OGML
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 am

I don't see the case against Azhrei, so at the moment I'm suspicious of the players that are making what appears to be a bogus case against Azhrei.

Really I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ortolan wrote:And I agree that the prefix "Precooked" suggests there may well be multiple mafia factions anyhow...
Does it, really? I understood it to mean that we were authentic raw sushi against a pre-cooked sushi mafia. What other kind of sushi would be scummy? Maybe I should study Japanese restaurant menus.
Why is your biggest concern right now making sure everyone stops looking for a theoretical second scumgroup, hmm?
Plum wrote: On the other hand, say, DGB for instance, came into Day 2 with multiple suspects and said considerably more about her suspects than I did (doing what I should have at the time; I probably had less time/less energy and in any case didn't) - so is she "likely town" in your opinion?
Well, as I said, I thought she was town, then I did a better read and I've come to the conclusion that she's simply not scum
with Santos
Plum wrote:Did I really do that awesome a job of being diagnostic about alignment at all? Look deep into your heart, OGML.
You did an awesome job of keeping an open mind and not tunneling on me like everyone else, which gave me a big warm fuzzy feeling and was the original indicator of being town. Since then, you've been everything else I said.
Flameaxe wrote:OGML: Your whole long post you keep accusing people of ignoring, defending, whatevering Flameaxe. So - do you have some sort of case against the guy at all?
Its mostly by association with those who would have us ignore his presence altogether. He hasn't exactly posted much to really sink one's teeth into, now has he?
raider8169 wrote:@OGML,

Your long post alone makes me think you are scum. You accuse everyone of being scum or whatnot just because they think you may be scum. You dont seem to care at all that the votes are how we are going to determine if you are scum or not. Im convinced you are scum.

Vote OGML
:roll: Took you long enough.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
raider8169 wrote:@OGML,

Vote OGML
:roll: Took you long enough.
I was not sure before that post if you were scum. Why else would you jump on everyone. I originally said I wanted to look into it but I guess that was too much for you. You are just now trying to blame everyone who are your scum partners?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Why is your biggest concern right now making sure everyone stops looking for a theoretical second scumgroup, hmm?
ORLY. We already have one scum on day 1, we have tons of info to find that scum's buddies, and you want us searching blindly for a second scumgroup that may or may not exist, when there was a SINGLE nightkill? What I find scummy are people that seem to KNOW there is a second scumgroup, something that there is no legitimate hint of so far.

See, I'm town, and I don't give a rat's tutu which brand of scum dies, as long as it's scum. And since we got lucky and hit scum on Day 1, it's easiest to find scum associated with the dead scumbag. I'm not worried, if there's a second scumgroup, we'll find evidence of it soon enough. And when we do, we'll go after that second scum group.

OMGL is trying to send us on a wild goose chase. I'd understand his concerns if we were in mid game. But we're on Day 2.

Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
...First, you answered your own question:
Theoretical
scum group. We don't even
know
if it exists...

Second, does it matter if a second group exists???
Scumgroup 1 = Scum
Scumgroup 2 = Scum, so
SG1 = SG2
... and we lynch them all the same.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't see the case against Azhrei, so at the moment I'm suspicious of the players that are making what appears to be a bogus case against Azhrei.

Well... I'll try.

Talitha claims that Azhrei did the same thing that OGML did; the quick turnaround from voting me to Santos. She also claims that Azhrei's turnaround was more bandwagonish than OGML's.
Also, she claims that Azhrei was setting up future votes with the two quoted posts. (Check post 380 for more details)

Well... that's how I understand it. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me. :D
ortolan wrote:And I don't even think hp[leaves] has posted today? I like this vote, even better than the OMGL wagon.
As I remember, he announced in his sig that he was V/LA... until the 8th (i.e. Today, Real Time).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks MK, I see the case.

Well.

If they have done the same, why pick Azhrei over OGML, or vice versa?

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Slicey »

I love how everyone that is voting for you is scum, OGML. >_>

Case on Azrhei is complete bull, I'm gonna keep an eye on Talitha and Seraphim, who also jumped onto to it pretty quickly.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Personally, the attack on Azrhei from Talitha is considerably scummy as well. I could see it as an attempt to distract us from a scumbuddy in order to keep him alive another day.

Brace for impending OMGUS.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Ok well I'm still waiting for hp[leaves] to post...

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 am

Post by sirdanilot »

OGML

(one player thread numbers)
12 and 13: this alone warrants a very big FoS
17: this alone warrants a vote
In the following posts, OGML has pushed for a MK lynch:
day 1: 4, 5, 6, 10, (11), 13, (15), 16.
day 2: never!
In the following posts, OGML has brought up Raider/mk scum pair:
day 1: 7, 15
day 2: never!
In the following posts, OGML has posted no content (and I'm being nice here, counting posts like 'scumpartner?' as content since they at least contain some form of accusation):
day 1: 0-3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
day 2: 18
Only the following posts contain more than one line of text:
day 1: 5, 13, 17 (lol), 19, 20, 21, 22

Seriously just look at the day 1 behaviour. He contributed next to nothing, other than 'lynch mk lynch mk' only to swap to santos at the end. Day 2 is possibly worse. Strategic lurking lead to people starting other cases, letting some steam off OGML. Let us analyze some.

18 - absolutely useless.
19 - what purpose does mentioning someone is town serve when you aren't even mentioning a suspect (where is the mk/raider scum pair?)
20 - another town mentioning. this one is especially juicy as he'll say dgb is scum later on.

So now I have to go, but there's probably a hell of a lot more stuff out there but I am a bit busy right now (and I will continue being busy the first half of this week) so unfortunately I don't have time to squeeze all the juice out. What I do have time for though is to
vote OhGodMyLife

Sorry for the hasty, unfinished post but I wanted to throw my thoughts out there despite not being finished putting them together yet.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Seems like this upcoming lynch has my name on it. Well, better now than at endgame, and better me than a deadline no lynch.

Slicey,
why
is the case on az complete bull? Without an explanation your statement is not worth much, because its obviously not going to derail the az wagon without giving azhrei voters a reason not to be voting.

Sirdan, a) how does pushing an M_K lynch make me scum, b) how does the fact that I haven't tried to lynch M_K today make me scum, c) how does commenting that I think raider and M_K are a likely scumpair make me scum and d) how do one-line posts make me scum?
sirdan wrote:what purpose does mentioning someone is town serve when you aren't even mentioning a suspect
Oh, plenty, don't you worry about it.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

@DGB: Flameaxe?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

DGB wrote:I don't see the case against Azhrei, so at the moment I'm suspicious of the players that are making what appears to be a bogus case against Azhrei.

I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: Bandwagoner, follower, voting on the easy-looking lynches, simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'll say that again because I think it needs emphasis.

Pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have a lot more reason to do than scum, and it is a weak reason to vote someone

If scum want someone dead, they get to kill them at night. Their priority during the day is not to get lynched and not draw suspicion! If M-K is innocent and OGML is scum, and he had succeeded in getting town to lynch M-K, he just drew a lot of suspicion to himself. It's not a natural way for scum to play.

Besides, some people just play aggressively regardless. Have you people never read any games with Internet Stranger in them?

It's good for the town as it makes things happen.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Vote count please, Mr mod
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Slicey »

Talitha wrote:
DGB wrote:I don't see the case against Azhrei, so at the moment I'm suspicious of the players that are making what appears to be a bogus case against Azhrei.

I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: Bandwagoner, follower, voting on the easy-looking lynches, simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
Okay, this makes more sense now. I didn't really understand it at first.

Still think the case on OGML is better, however. Az case isn't as bad as I thought it would be though. I still feel that the flip from MK to Santos and providing very little reason for his MK/raider scumpair warrants a vote. Plus, Talitha, scum would push hard for town lynches in order to save their own ass and their scumbuddy's asses. >_>

And no, I have no idea who Internet Strangler is. >_>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”