Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:
2 Mastermind of Sin (Coron, olliep13)
2 King Enigma (Thesp, lazarusmoth)
1 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin)

8 to lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
olliep13
olliep13
Townie
olliep13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by olliep13 »

Coron wrote:I feel like he stole my reasoning, when it was convinient.
That's crap coron. It was my first post of the day and i voted for him 5 minutes after you. Its not like I was waiting for someone to point out that he was supposed to die last night and then agree with them "when it's convenient". I wanted him gone yesterday and knew that if he didn't die then i would vote for him the next day.
I don't think you even gave reasoning anyway...
olliep13
olliep13
Townie
olliep13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by olliep13 »

Coron wrote:I feel like he stole my reasoning, when it was convinient.
That's crap coron. It was my first post of the day and i voted for him 5 minutes after you. Its not like I was waiting for someone to point out that he was supposed to die last night and then agree with them "when it's convenient". I wanted him gone yesterday and knew that if he didn't die then i would vote for him the next day.
I don't think you even gave reasoning anyway...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:24 am

Post by Thesp »

Sorry about the vote formay, Yggdrasil, shouldn't be a future problem. ;)

Alright, scum roundup time...
KingEnigma wrote:I dont have the multiple posting habits that some of you guys have, dont vote me for that.
That's not why my vote's on you at the moment. My vote's on you because acting as you have is the easiest way for evil townies to slip past us without giving any sort of voting record or incriminating evidence to go on. Right now, I'd
almost
prefer a random vote from you rather than the zero you've contributed.

I realize I may be barking up the wrong tree right now, but I'm still rubbed the wrong way by this. Not ready to lynch you at the moment, but I really want something,
anything
from you.
JDTAY wrote:My contributions to the game are subtle, MoS; you're not meant to notice them. I have done my best to create a good environment for the apprehension of townies, and soon you shall see them fall, one by one.
Huh????? What in tarnation? Explain, please?

I suspect that while we'd gain the most information from a Mastermind of Sin lynch, I am still highly unsure it's our best play at this point, and I'm far less inclined to lynch a claimed mafia doc who I'm not at least 83% (or so) certain isn't scum.

I'd also love to hear something from joe and from bloojay (bloojay's presence should return by tomorrow?). I'm also particularly interested in hearing what DarkLight140's thought's are, as I've found his insights particularly useful.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:29 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well, I'd hate to disappoint you...

My thoughts on these issues: At the end of yesterday, I was willing to peg Mastermind of Sin and JDTAY as anti's if they survived the night (look through their posts yesterday, if you can spare the time), but decided that we'd be better off letting the day run its course for a while and seeing if anything new comes to light. Relevant to them being together (though they could be in separate groups), at least, is the bit of striking out I've seen today. However, I'm still of the opinion that they need careful watching.
Very
careful.

Thus far, we've had a half-started lurker hunt. While I'm normally opposed to lurker hunting, as I'm not exactly a high-frequency poster myself, somehow I can't give KE slack for the month-and-a-half break between two of his posts. His argument of having nothing to post is something that I have trouble buying, mostly because "don't post unless you have something to say" is a strategy I try to follow, and I would say that certainly there's been material for speculation, ideas, and/or observation by now. If nothing else, everyone can probably have suspicions. But as to that being enough to lynch him, I don't know. Certainly we should ask him to post some ideas. I refuse to think that anyone could look through this game and not at the least scrape together a few suspicions.

I don't know about Coron and olliep13, though I definitely need to watch them some more. I'll get back to you on this.
To be Continued...
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I am really not comfortable with MoS (doc) claim AND the fact that no one has killed him yet. Keep in mind that if he isn't the doc, there must be a real doc somewhere who's not claiming out of fear for his own life. What would the best play for the doc be, to remain silent or to let his voice be heard?

I have made some preliminary observations and I'm willing to test my suspicions of MoS further and generate some discussion.
vote: MoS

In the meantime, I also don't feel like letting KE off the hook. It's too bad he claims he just doesn't post much. But I tend to vote for people who post too little - a metagame quirk of mine. After all, the mafia game
is
about posting.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I am really not comfortable with MoS (doc) claim AND the fact that no one has killed him yet. Keep in mind that if he isn't the doc, there must be a real doc somewhere who's not claiming out of fear for his own life. What would the best play for the doc be, to remain silent or to let his voice be heard?

I have made some preliminary observations and I'm willing to test my suspicions of MoS further and generate some discussion.
unvote; vote: MoS

In the meantime, I also don't feel like letting KE off the hook. It's too bad he claims he just doesn't post much. But I tend to vote for people who post too little - a metagame quirk of mine. After all, the mafia game
is
about posting.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:22 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

lazarusmoth wrote:I am really not comfortable with MoS (doc) claim AND the fact that no one has killed him yet. Keep in mind that if he isn't the doc, there must be a real doc somewhere who's not claiming out of fear for his own life. What would the best play for the doc be, to remain silent or to let his voice be heard?

unvote; vote: MoS

is
about posting.
So now I must be scum because I lived through one night? I find it likely that the town left me alive because they felt I was an easy lynch, therefore living through another day without taking any hits. I'm uncomfortalbe with the way you make it seem like I've been alive through several nights without dying. Sounds kinda like scum trying to start a bandwagon to me.

Also, what's with the double post? All you changed was to unvote, but why couldn't you just do that instead of completely reiterating yourself?
Permanent V/LA.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

hmm- I will
vote Joe

for GH-
he voted for HM when pretty much goon in my book. He has not been doing much else in the game.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:37 am

Post by Uraj45 »

I don't really like the MOS lynch. Townies could have easily given us a chance to waste a day and do the killing for them based on past suspicion
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:01 am

Post by Thesp »

Uraj45 wrote:I don't really like the MOS lynch. Townies could have easily given us a chance to waste a day and do the killing for them based on past suspicion
If you don't like the MoS lynch (which is a reasonable dislike), who would you like to lynch?

Also, Joe, bloojay? Hello?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:27 am

PeaceBringer wrote:hmm- I will
vote Joe

for GH-
he voted for HM when pretty much goon in my book. He has not been doing much else in the game.
why not vote for JDTAY, then? He's done the same thing, except to more than just one confirmed innocent. And he hasn't done anything to contribute to the game, either.
Permanent V/LA.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:43 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Joe and bloojay have been prodded.

Vote Count:

3 Mastermind of Sin (Coron, olliep13, lazarusmoth)
1 King Enigma (Thesp)
1 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin)
1 Joe (PeaceBringer)

8 to lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:13 am

Post by commify »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: why not vote for JDTAY, then? He's done the same thing, except to more than just one confirmed innocent. And he hasn't done anything to contribute to the game, either.
That's very true. And his vote for Thesp was scummy.

vote jdtay
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:17 am

Post by Coron »

unvote vote: JDTay
I'm confused why it was so troublesome when I FoSed him and Laz yesterday.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:24 am

Post by KingEnigma »

vote: jdtay
i'm easily swayed.

and on another note, we're having a cliff jumping later. everyone else is doing it.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Well, it's a good start.

Unvote: KingEnigma.

I'm waiting to hear from Joe and bloojay (or their replacements) before my next vote. Thanks for prodding them, Yggdrasil.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by commify »

KingEnigma wrote:
vote: jdtay
i'm easily swayed.

and on another note, we're having a cliff jumping later. everyone else is doing it.
Wait... huh? Sarcasm?
-Al Capone
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:17 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

*shrugs* That works for me, but I think 4 votes is pleanty for now.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by Coron »

Coron: "SWEET! Cliff jumping!"
Friend: "Remember what happened last time."
Coron: "No"
Friend: "Oh right, the brain damage."
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:14 am

Post by JDTAY »

Okay guys, you really don't want to lynch me. I know I seem kinda useless right now, but I could be really beneficial to the mafia. Just give me a few more nights...
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:14 am

Post by commify »

JDTAY wrote:Okay guys, you really don't want to lynch me. I know I seem kinda useless right now, but I could be really beneficial to the mafia. Just give me a few more nights...
Oh, okay. Because you insist, and because I have so much faith in you.

There. Now that's sarcasm.
-Al Capone
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I find that MoS seems to have an uncanny ability to deflect suspicions by successfully shifting them to someone else. He did it before and he's doing it again. I don't buy the JDTay bandwagon.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:57 pm

I wonder why that is? Maybe because I'm telling the truth? Huh, funny how that works, Lazarus.
Permanent V/LA.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:06 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote JDtay

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”