Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Narsis »

oh you broke your quote tags. i thought for a second you were voting yourself. T.T
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

It might count. It might also be the lynching vote..., several people have voted for OGML since he was on 6 votes a few pages back. We really need a vote count.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hopefully the mod will just fix the tags.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Plum »

Talitha wrote:It might count. It might also be the lynching vote..., several people have voted for OGML since he was on 6 votes a few pages back. We really need a vote count.
If it counts, I'm pretty sure it's put him at L-1, according to my quick check (which may be wrong).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Talitha wrote:It might count. It might also be the lynching vote..., several people have voted for OGML since he was on 6 votes a few pages back. We really need a vote count.
What is your opinion on this terminal wagon, Talitha? I would have expected you to comment on OGML's claim, his defense, lack thereof, etc. As in, hammer, or state that you don't want to vote against OGML for some reason or another.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I doubt it would count but

Unvote, Vote: Pear Bear

just the same
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

To hp[leaves]:
You have two posts (320 and 399) to answer to, IMO.

Oh, and here's an
Unofficial Vote Count

OhGodMyLife (10)- Azhrei, Riceballtail, Slicey, Narsis, Jebus, DrippingGoofball, Pear Bear, raider8169, sirdanilot, Microphone_Kirby,
Pear Bear (3)- Farkshinsoup, Plum, OhGodMyLife,
Azhrei (2)- Talitha, Seraphim
hp[leaves] (1)- ortolan
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

What exactly do you guys want me to say in my defense?

Yes, I switched to the Santos wagon after aggressively pursuing an alternate lynch. Yes, my vote was late on the wagon. I don't deny these facts, thats just how things went down. What else is there?

And for those of you who seem to be intimating that I am literally calling every single person I named scum, I know you're all smarter than that. No there aren't 11 scum in this game, those are the people I'm suspicious of. You can safely add sirdanilot to the list.

My parting wish is for riceballtail to get nk'd tonight or lynched tomorrow. He's scum. If anyone has the brass to help me lynch him today say so and I'm all over it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed. I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML. I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).

Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.

Work has been kicking my ass and I am too brain dead to contribute as well as I'd like to right now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 pm

OhGodMyLife wrote:And for those of you who seem to be intimating that I am literally calling every single person I named scum, I know you're all smarter than that. No there aren't 11 scum in this game, those are the people I'm suspicious of.
I get that, but it's still casting a wide net of suspicion over many players. And now you've added sirdanilot to the long list.

I'd be more confident that you might be town had you made actual cases against sirdanilot and RBT. Looks to me like lazy scum maximizing confusion while going down in flames...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Talitha wrote:DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed. I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML. I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).
Fair enough. Can you then explain why Azhrei (and the other person you voted for today) are MORE scummy than OGML? I'd like comparisons.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I made a case against RBT. Its "hasn't done jack shit."

I'll add to that the fact that his vote for Santos looks an awful lot like mine, but with even less in the way of any reason to be joining the wagon and not pursuing what he actually claimed to believe at the time (that I am scum).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've made several posts about Azhrei already. I think he's a good chance of being scum, but Pear Bear also looks pretty guilty to me and I may switch. I think my other vote today was Flameaxe who is conspicious by being absent. He hasn't given us enough posts to be any use to the town so to me he's expendable.

I need to read over the pages that I've skimmed while being busy this week though, and will try do so tonight after my mum's birthday dinner.

Thanks M-K for the vote count. I think the mod should extend the deadline when he returns because it's very hard to achieve a lynch without regular vote counts.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by raider8169 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:What exactly do you guys want me to say in my defense?

Yes, I switched to the Santos wagon after aggressively pursuing an alternate lynch. Yes, my vote was late on the wagon. I don't deny these facts, thats just how things went down. What else is there?

And for those of you who seem to be intimating that I am literally calling every single person I named scum, I know you're all smarter than that. No there aren't 11 scum in this game, those are the people I'm suspicious of. You can safely add sirdanilot to the list.

My parting wish is for riceballtail to get nk'd tonight or lynched tomorrow. He's scum. If anyone has the brass to help me lynch him today say so and I'm all over it.
Why are you voting someone other then RBT if you are so sure he is scum?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Talitha wrote:DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed. I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML. I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).

Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.
QFT.
Raider wrote:Why are you voting someone other then RBT if you are so sure he is scum?
We are in a game with tight deadlines and a lot of players. It is protown to reach a consensus lynch, and for individual players to vote for the most likely candidate near deadline.

That having been said, rice is playing according to her meta so far. She's always lurky and hard to read. No way to know if she's scum at this point.
Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote: I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to.
What about my case, which I thought was fairly minor, strikes you as more scummy than OGML? If youre so desparate to lynch me then it might help if you tried a little harder. Or was this just a post to lessen the attention drawn by you switching to a faster wagon?
We are in a game with tight deadlines and a lot of players. It is protown to reach a consensus lynch, and for individual players to vote for the most likely candidate near deadline. (Anyone hear an echo in here?)
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Setanta »

Don't have time for a full catch up but deadline is looming fast so I need to put my vote down somewhere.
Pear Bear wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Plum, [...] I think you're very likely town.
This will be very interesting later on if OGML flips scum. I already suspect plum for a few fallable reasons, one of them being that whenever someone votes against me, and I am town, they automatically jump into my line of sight as potential scum, because theyre voting to lynch town. Also, in nearly every mafia game Ive played, those players who you think are "likely town" and do the best job at looking the part of a townie, end up being scum. And Plum is doing a great job at looking pro-town.

vote OGML
for the time being.
Meh you can't really think that everyone who's voting you is scum.
Pear Bear in 396 wrote:And this is a perfect example of how my newb tendancies and inexperience are being horribly misinterpereted for scum behaviour, by more experienced players who are either confusing themselves, or going for an easy kill.

I was simply putting my thoughts out there.

I don't like this from Pear Bear. Seems like itt can be used to defend yourself from being scummy cos you're new and thus it's our fault for not understanding what ya mean
Pear Bear wrote:If there were two scum groups, how likely would it be that they know eachothers identities?
I would think that if they were aware of eachother it would defeat the purpose of seperating them.
yeh..so why would you ask this :? Like there'd be no point in having 2 scum groups if they knew each other :P

So yeh Pear Bear seems pretty much like newb scum to me
Vote Pear bear

When's deadline exactly?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:46 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Talitha wrote:Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.
a.k.a. promoting lurker lynch

Promoting lurker lynch is humongously anti-town. So far, I have not been convinced at all that Azhrei is more likely scum with Santos than OGML. We are at deadline you know.
DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed.
I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML.
I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).
So, absolutely no reason to vote OGML right? What did you say earlier?
Talitha a couple posts earlier wrote: I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: (1)Bandwagoner, follower, (2)voting on the easy-looking lynches, (3)simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
1, 2 - OGML did these as well, towards the end. No reason to suspect ogml
at all
?
3 - For OGML we can easily replace this with mk-raider scumbuddy" . Or "suspecting 12 out of 24 players", if you prefer. Your pick.

What is worse? Voting early on a very sensible bandwagon or continuing to push for a lynch (with the reasons for the bandwagon not even being very good at all) and then just jumping around and voting
your scumbuddy
the inevitable lynch? What is worse, suspecting half the players in the game or... wait, what is the azhrei equivalent again? Oh yeah, there is none!

Note that I am talking about how Azhrei was early on OGML day 2; I know he was later on Santos day 1. This makes me understand your azhrei suspicion
slightly
more, but still I am appalled at how you can say that OGML has dropped no scumtells at all, and I still don't see at all how you can find Azhrei more scummy than OGML.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Slicey »

Talitha wrote:Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.

Work has been kicking my ass and I am too brain dead to contribute as well as I'd like to right now.
I don't like this paragraph. It kinda sounds like you do not want to lynch him because he's not lurking and he's being active. >_>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:30 am

sirdanilot wrote:
Talitha a couple posts earlier wrote: I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: (1)Bandwagoner, follower, (2)voting on the easy-looking lynches, (3)simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
1, 2 - OGML did these as well, towards the end. No reason to suspect ogml
at all

[...] but still I am appalled at how you can say that OGML has dropped no scumtells at all, and I still don't see at all how you can find Azhrei more scummy than OGML.
Thank you, you said it better than me. I asked Talitha to compare Azhrei with OGML, because I wanted to understand why she's finding Azhrei scummy, and OMGL town enough to staunchly withhold her vote today, when we are getting hotly close to deadline.

Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Pear Bear »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote: I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to.
What about my case, which I thought was fairly minor, strikes you as more scummy than OGML? If youre so desparate to lynch me then it might help if you tried a little harder.
Still a question I would like answered, FSS.
And I ask the same of Setanta, who just popped in to drop a vote.
Surely he must have checked everyones cases, because that would be the protown thing to do, but if he did, I can't see why someone would vote me over some of the more scummy suspects of today.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:11 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Looking a hp[leaves]. THIS POST is interesting. He totally caught on Santos' mistake where he practically admitted to having a safeclaim. But hp[leaves] refrained from hammering. Why on Earth would a player refrain from hammering a player he believes has a SAFECLAIM, for cryin' out loud? What does it take for you to hammer somebody?
We still had four days to see people's reaction to Santos' lynch. It's a fifth of the whole day 1 and many things can be discussed during that time. Prematurely ending the day and the discussion doesn't seem to be helping town to me.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Going backwards in time, hp[leaves] said: "I like the pressure on Santos; but I don't think he's that scummy to have another vote on." It's like hp[leaves]really really really doesn't want that poor Santos to have another vote on... even after he slips up that he has a safeclaim!
It was before Santos slipped having a safeclaim. He was just Mr. Lurker-hammer and a big enough bandwagon had already piled on him.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Again, going back in time, hp[leaves]declined to honor the Santos wagon with his presence, rather he went against the prevailing wind to cast a vote on OGML. Given OMGL's own reactions to the Santos wagon, which is to browbeat us to lynch M_K instead, I suggest that hp[leaves] might have been doing some safe distancing from OGML. I don't recall OGML having any votes at the time. That vote was a weird move.
Santos wasn't lynch worthy at that time. My intention to vote OGML was to see his reaction.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Slicey »

Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:
What about my case, which I thought was fairly minor, strikes you as more scummy than OGML? If youre so desparate to lynch me then it might help if you tried a little harder.
Surely he must have checked everyones cases, because that would be the protown thing to do, but if he did, I can't see why someone would vote me over some of the more scummy suspects of today.
You keep trying to push the albeit small bandwagon off you and onto OGML. The case on you is incredibly good. Not as good as OGML, IMHO.

And yes, I know this wasn't directed towards me, but you're trying to play it out like you've done nothing wrong. >_>
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am

Post by raider8169 »

I will be gone starting tomorrow until Monday
. In the meantime OGML needs to be lynched.
Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Pear Bear »

Slicey wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:
You keep trying to push the albeit small bandwagon off you and onto OGML. The case on you is incredibly good. Not as good as OGML, IMHO.

And yes, I know this wasn't directed towards me, but you're trying to play it out like you've done nothing wrong. >_>
That is not at all what Ive been trying to do. Ive admitted many times that some of my previous actions have been really scummy. What I am saying, is that I feel that the case against OGML is better.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Slicey »

Pear Bear wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:

That is not at all what Ive been trying to do. Ive admitted many times that some of my previous actions have been really scummy. What I am saying, is that I feel that the case against OGML is better.
Well, obviously, people disagree. >_>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”