eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 am

Post by eldarad »

GC wrote:Then in my replacement PM I was given, in quotation form, a PM to the mod from skillit about a double boost, and the mod said something along the lines of "You will get more specific information about choices from a target."
What do you interpret this to mean?
That is to say, given that it is not possible to boost someone twice in the same Day, how can someone be "double-boosted"?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

The original role PM said that my power would grow with subsequential boosts. Skillit asked what would happen if he was boosted a second time. I coined this as a "double boost;" that is, boosted a second time.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I would heed Patrick's first post warning and not lynch anyone just because of he's role name. The "double boost" thing definitely looks shady, though. Still, if you want to lynch someone for having a scummy claim we have a target that's been waiting around forever.

Here's an assingment for Incog, GC, eldarad and TDC - come a with a possible PM phrasing that's in any plausible for both sthar's and Xtoxm's claims.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Incognito »

Green Crayons, the way you've described your role makes it sound like some sort of tracker when boosted the first time and watcher when boosted a second time. I don't understand why you didn't just say that from the beginning instead of, as you say, claiming the flavor behind your role. To me, it definitely looks like you assigned yourself a role called a "psychic".

Raging Rabbit, I get your case against Xtoxm. I've continued to understand your case against Xtoxm. It's been banged into my head enough.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Incognito »

Oh and eldarad's last post gave me an interesting idea. What do people think of making our next boost choice the same person we lynch?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Incog wrote:Oh and eldarad's last post gave me an interesting idea. What do people think of making our next boost choice the same person we lynch?
I think that's probably a good idea if we decide to lynch a claimed vanilla, since townies apparantly get no benefit from boosts and scum do. If we lynch GC boosting him is again the safest choice, now that I think about it. I guess the only other viable option is lynch someone who isn't GC and boost GC to test his claim and possibly help confirm a townie, but that's quite a risk.
Incog wrote:Raging Rabbit, I get your case against Xtoxm. I've continued to understand your case against Xtoxm. It's been banged into my head enough.
I know, but Xtoxm's defense is basically saying "not!" and yours relies on other factors. I still fail to see how it can not apply.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'd rather be boosted myself, but I guess I can settle for that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:01 am

Post by TDC »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Here's an assingment for Incog, GC, eldarad and TDC - come a with a possible PM phrasing that's in any plausible for both sthar's and Xtoxm's claims.
Not sure what your point is here. I still think, that for Xtoxm to be town
1) sthar needs to have misinterpreted his role/boost.
2) Xtoxm needs to have omitted some words when he said "it was only the boost"

How a role PM (or rather, boost PM?) should look like that allows 1) I can't tell. But I don't think it's impossible to happen.
2) is not really related to the PM as such.

--

Boosting the lynch is probably a good idea, yes.

--

Xtoxm: Still waiting for you to show my alleged boost-whoring.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 am

Post by eldarad »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Here's an assingment for Incog, GC, eldarad and TDC - come a with a possible PM phrasing that's in any plausible for both sthar's and Xtoxm's claims.
I think you have completely missed the point.
Incog wrote:Oh and eldarad's last post gave me an interesting idea. What do people think of making our next boost choice the same person we lynch?
I'm totally down with that.
GC wrote:The original role PM said that my power would grow with subsequential boosts. Skillit asked what would happen if he was boosted a second time. I coined this as a "double boost;" that is, boosted a second time.
Yeah...that isn't really what you meant though, is it?

boost Green Crayons
vote Green Crayons

Incog: I have no problem with GC's #649 - I read it when I was re-reading GC - and largely agree with his comments on Huntress, both in that post and in subsequent posts. I don't really have anything more to add in answer to your question...
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Incognito »

eldarad, I'm asking you in particular about it because you previously had the following to say about sthar8/Xtoxm to something that was largely similar to what Green Crayons had done:
1227, eldarad (bolded blue is my emphasis) wrote:So I re-read the end of Day 1.
sthar's #676 is potentially our smoking gun as he positions himself to vote Huntress in preference to the Jahudo wagon.
But at the same time I agree with everything he says about Huntress.
Unfortunately, he didn't have time to respond to Huntress' claim on Day 1 (yeah, yeah, that's partly my fault for hammering).
I don't find Xtoxm to be scummy, although I am anxious about Incog's certainty on this point
However, in your comments on Green Crayons (at least before he went ahead and claimed "psychic") you had the following to say about him:
1252, eldarad wrote:
GC-TDC
: I have re-read both of these players in isolation recently, and I just don't see anything scummy about either of them.
I'm curious as to why this gearing up to vote Huntress was potentially a "smoking gun" for Xtoxm/sthar8 but not even mentioned by you for Green Crayons if it was something you noticed in your re-read.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 am

Post by eldarad »

Well yeah...but...
eldarad, in the sentence after the one in blue wrote:But at the same time I agree with everything he says about Huntress.
I don't think voting for Huntress was itself scummy. I was looking for people who were voting for Jahudo and perhaps looking for an excuse to bail out.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Incognito »

Regardless of Green Crayons's alignment, I don't like eldarad's vote on him. I fail to see how Green Crayons's claim could completely change eldarad's view on him from not seeing anything scummy about him after rereading him to actually switching his vote to him after laying out a case against Raging Rabbit and gunning for his blood since yesterday.

eldarad, I saw the sentence you wrote after the one I bolded in blue but you also just said that exact same thing about Green Crayons as well:
eldarad wrote:Incog: I have no problem with GC's #649 - I read it when I was re-reading GC -
and largely agree with his comments on Huntress, both in that post and in subsequent posts.
I don't really have anything more to add in answer to your question...
I just don't get why you didn't label his 649 as a possible "smoking gun" much the same way you labeled sthar8's 676 as a "smoking gun" also. I think your read of Green Crayons before he claimed psychic was comparatively softer than your read of sthar8/Xtoxm despite the fact that you were pretty much analyzing comparable pieces of information in order to obtain those reads.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Incog wrote:Green Crayons, the way you've described your role makes it sound like some sort of tracker when boosted the first time and watcher when boosted a second time. I don't understand why you didn't just say that from the beginning instead of, as you say, claiming the flavor behind your role.
I guess it's funny (in the ironic sense, I suppose, rather than the haha sort of way), because I didn't really see another way the semi-ambiguous description of my role could have been interpreted. This just proves me wrong and reminds me that, yet again, making assumptions is a poor play philosophy. In this case, I assumed my role was my first thought as to what it entailed. Sometimes it's just hard to see the assumptions your making until someone else points them out.
Eld wrote:Yeah...that isn't really what you meant though, is it?
What? If someone is boosted twice, I would consider them to be "double boosted." I don't know how you're assuming I meant boosted twice within the same day since the mod himself stated in the second post to this game that, quote, "You may not vote twice to boost the same person."

I'm sorry if you didn't read post 2. But, you shouldn't assume I didn't read it either when I come up with jargon to describe game mechanics, and then base a vote off of that limited perception you're espousing.

Oh, joy. A whole post concerned with detailing the evils of assumption within a mafia game. Learning by the mistakes we make and whatnot.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Green Crayons wrote:
Incog wrote:Green Crayons, the way you've described your role makes it sound like some sort of tracker when boosted the first time and watcher when boosted a second time. I don't understand why you didn't just say that from the beginning instead of, as you say, claiming the flavor behind your role.
I guess it's funny (in the ironic sense, I suppose, rather than the haha sort of way), because I didn't really see another way the semi-ambiguous description of my role could have been interpreted. This just proves me wrong and reminds me that, yet again, making assumptions is a poor play philosophy. In this case, I assumed my role was my first thought as to what it entailed. Sometimes it's just hard to see the assumptions your making until someone else points them out.
To put a finer point on this:

From what I understand, your tracker/watcher deduction differs from what I originally thought my boostable power to be. The reason why I described the role in the manner in which I did was twofold: First, because I didn't see it as a tracker/watcher - or, at least, not in terms of the definition for those abilities as I understand them. Indeed, I don't really know if there's a name for the specific ability I was conjuring up in my mind, as it strikes me just as a variation of "investigative role." Second, because I wasn't told "You are X. Your boost abilities are Y." Instead, I was given a short little flavor blurb about psychic abilities that, if anyone read, they could reasonably assume led to some sort of "information gathering" role if boosted. Since I already thought point one, I figured the psyhic part was simply part and parcel of a full disclosure for this Mass Claim of ours since it's part of my role description.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 3, Vote Count #3 - Lynching

Green Crayons (2) <- Xtoxm, eldarad
Xtoxm <- Raging Rabbit

Not voting: Green Crayons, TDC, Incognito.

Boost Count

Eldarad (2) <- Green Crayons, TDC
Xtoxm <- Incognito
TDC <- Raging Rabbit
Green Crayons <- eldarad

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch/boost.
Xtoxm wrote:Mod is it possible to boost no one?
No, essentially. This post has more detail.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I'll have very limited to no access starting Sunday until the 23rd or 24th, will try to post something substantial before that.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

So I don't have the time to write in detail, and am unlikely to convince anyone about Xtoxm if I haven't by this point anyways. I stil somewhatl favor an eldarad lynch over a GC lynch. Since there's no deadline, I feel safe keeping my vote on Xtoxm for the time being. See you guys in 10 days, though I may have the time to pop in on Wednseday.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:22 am

Post by eldarad »

Incog wrote:I fail to see how Green Crayons's claim could completely change eldarad's view on him from not seeing anything scummy about him after rereading him to actually switching his vote to him after laying out a case against Raging Rabbit and gunning for his blood since yesterday.
I think GC's claim is completely fake and he needs to be lynched. I got that impression from the initial claim, and GC's subsequent explanations have not assuaged me. That takes precedence over everything else. On top of that, my feeling is that GC-scum is mutually exclusive of RR-scum.
GC wrote:What? If someone is boosted twice, I would consider them to be "double boosted."
So if I vote RR on Day 2 and on Day 3, is he "double-voted"?
If someone was boosted on 2 Days, I would consider them to be "boosted twice"
GC wrote:I'm a psychic. If I'm boosted, I can determine if someone made a night choice by targetting them. If I'm double boosted, I can determine who that person's target was, if anyone.
GC wrote:I never claimed a role name, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I said that I'm a psychic.
Sounds like you are claiming to be "a psychic" and the rest of your claim is describing what that role is. It contrasts sharply with Huntress' claim - where she doesn't even name her role, and Incog's claim - where the mechanics of his role is instantly recognisable as a vig. Your claim is of a power that is - initially - unorthodox, but you have felt the need to give it a name.
GC wrote:I'm sorry if you didn't read post 2. But, you shouldn't assume I didn't read it either when I come up with jargon to describe game mechanics, and then base a vote off of that limited perception you're espousing.
I am well aware of post 2. But here's the thing...
GC wrote:Then in my replacement PM I was given, in quotation form, a PM to the mod from skillit about a double boost, and the mod said something along the lines of "You will get more specific information about choices from a target."
GC wrote:The original role PM said that my power would grow with subsequential boosts. Skillit asked what would happen if he was boosted a second time. I coined this as a "double boost;" that is, boosted a second time.
Skillit replaced out before Electra revealed that we could only be boosted twice. So why would Skillit specifically ask about if he was boosted a
second
time?
If your role PM suggests a boost this gives you information on what your targeted player does, and that subsequent boosts would make your action "more powerful" I see no reason why there is any need for the mod to elaborate on that the role PM had not contained that level of detail.

It just sounds to me that you're subtly altering your claim as you go along
I feel we are skating on thin ice regarding rule 11 - since I am well aware of post 1 too - but the point I am making is that, even before #1287, your claim is not consistent with the other claims we have had up till now. On top of that, the "jargon" that you used does not fit with what you are saying you meant - I think because originally you meant something else, or wanted to give yourself latitude to adapt the claim as needed.

~~~
Incog, post 1279 wrote:Oh and eldarad's last post gave me an interesting idea. What do people think of making our next boost choice the same person we lynch?
On second thought, I think we should boost one of the vanillas Today - it will be useful to confirm that our assumption about Electra's information (ie, some people are unaffected by boosting) does indeed apply to the vanilla townies.
unboost (Green Crayons)

~~~
Oh, and we need to lynch one of the people who boosted Incog Today. This is non-negotiable. Anyone who opposes this plan of action needs to speak up now.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 am

Post by TDC »

eldarad wrote:On second thought, I think we should boost one of the vanillas Today - it will be useful to confirm that our assumption about Electra's information (ie, some people are unaffected by boosting) does indeed apply to the vanilla townies.
To whom else should it apply? Mafia?
eldarad wrote:Oh, and we need to lynch one of the people who boosted Incog Today. This is non-negotiable.
Why are you phrasing this in such a convoluted way? The two people that haven't boosted him are Incognito himself (duh) and you.
So, really, what you're saying is that we need to lynch someone that isn't you.
Are you claiming that by not boosting Incognito, you've somehow confirmed yourself?

That said, I'm not objecting since I don't want to lynch you anyway (your reason for not doing it is beyond me, though).

I think the chance to find scum between GC and Xtoxm is much higher.

--

I'm going to be on vacation from Feb 20th to Mar 8th. I'll try to gain access as often as possible, but I can't promise.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh, and we need to lynch one of the people who boosted Incog Today. This is non-negotiable. Anyone who opposes this plan of action needs to speak up now.
We ynch GC.

We boost either GC or me.

I don't see why we're still waiting.

If you trust Incog the obvious boost is me.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by eldarad »

TDC wrote:To whom else should it apply? Mafia?
Maybe, or just the Godfather. Or maybe Huntress - who appears to have been a "pure" power role rather than a boostable one? I think we should check, since we have the opportunity.
For what its worth, I think Electra's info does indeed relate to vanillas - and it was one of the ways I believed Electra's info to be testable...I just didn't want to claim at that point.
eldarad, post 775 wrote:If testing the providence of Electra's information becomes vital to the success of the town, then we do have a few fairly extreme options available to us, should we need them.
For example by boosting me, I confirm that I received no power, and then lynching me the following Day to prove my alignment.
TDC wrote:Why are you phrasing this in such a convoluted way? The two people that haven't boosted him are Incognito himself (duh) and you.
So, really, what you're saying is that we need to lynch someone that isn't you.
Are you claiming that by not boosting Incognito, you've somehow confirmed yourself?
No, I don't think I am 'confirmed.' I think at the moment it is a numbers game.
From my point of view both scum must be on Incog's boostwagon (assuming Incog is town). Even if we mislynch, Incog can vig one of the boosters - and he'll have a choice between one townie and 2 scum.

I accept it's not as clear cut for you, but you can clear one of the boosters (yourself). So, do you think there are 2 scum boosting Incog Today?

~~~
Xtoxm wrote:If you trust Incog the obvious boost is me.
I trust Incog to be town. I don't trust him to be right...at least not all the time...
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 am

Post by TDC »

eldarad wrote:
TDC wrote:To whom else should it apply? Mafia?
Maybe, or just the Godfather. Or maybe Huntress - who appears to have been a "pure" power role rather than a boostable one? I think we should check, since we have the opportunity.
For what its worth, I think Electra's info does indeed relate to vanillas - and it was one of the ways I believed Electra's info to be testable...I just didn't want to claim at that point.
Or Guardian.
What do we gain from confirming this, now that vollkan is already dead?
(And I'm not sure whether it would really by a confirmation, for all we know it only applies to
some
vanillas?)
From my point of view both scum must be on Incog's boostwagon (assuming Incog is town). Even if we mislynch, Incog can vig one of the boosters - and he'll have a choice between one townie and 2 scum.

I accept it's not as clear cut for you, but you can clear one of the boosters (yourself). So, do you think there are 2 scum boosting Incog Today?
I think you're probably town, hence yes. My point is that this doesn't follow from the fact that the other three have boosted Incog, while you have not, but from me seeing you as town in the first place. If this wasn't the case then, no, there might as well be only one scum among the boosters.
I understand that you exclude yourself from the list of possible scum.

See it this way, let's say everyone but me in this game was female and I would say "the final scums must be female". Of course it makes sense, since everyone but me is female, but it suggests a link (that they are scum because they are female) that just isn't there.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:06 am

Post by TDC »

Or probably not Guardian, I think he explicitly wanted to get boosted, so he probably knew what boosting him would do.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Eld wrote:So if I vote RR on Day 2 and on Day 3, is he "double-voted"?
If someone was boosted on 2 Days, I would consider them to be "boosted twice"
So you're arguing semantics of how you would label something? That's what you want to lynch me for? Because
you
wouldn't call it double boosted when someone is boosted twice, that means nobody else would?

As for your question: no, I wouldn't say someone was double voted because that doesn't make sense. A vote is not a permanent status of a player. If someone was lynched two days in a row, I would label them as double lynched. They have, on two occasions, been given a permanent status. They are "double <permanent status>."

As a side note, I like how "boosted twice" and "double boosted" is apparently two totally separate things in your book when, by looking at the actual words, they mean
the exact same thing
. "Boosted" + "twice" = boosted upon two occasions. "Double" + "Boosted" = boosted upon two occasions. They mean the same thing - you're just trying to make your notion that I meant within the same day as opposed to within the totality of the game a fact. Which it isn't. Your assumption is wrong.

Eld wrote:Sounds like you are claiming to be "a psychic" and the rest of your claim is describing what that role is.
I already explained that my role flavor strongly hints to me having psychic powers. Someone who has psychic powers usually is labeled a psychic.
Eld wrote:It contrasts sharply with Huntress' claim - where she doesn't even name her role, and Incog's claim - where the mechanics of his role is instantly recognisable as a vig. Your claim is of a power that is - initially - unorthodox, but you have felt the need to give it a name.
I didn't give my role a name. And, in order to not quote the mod and simply to paraphrase, I summed up my flavor text - which consisted of hints as to role mechanics and the like - in a word most apt in description. You're seriously faulting me for using a word to summarize my role flavor/description instead of stating it outright? Brilliant.
Eld wrote:Skillit replaced out before Electra revealed that we could only be boosted twice. So why would Skillit specifically ask about if he was boosted a second time?
I don't know. I can't read minds. If I were to guess, he probably was all like, "Cool. I like this role by being boosted once. Oh wait. It says my power would grow if I'm boosted more than once. Let me ask the mod what would happen if I was to be boosted a second time." Maybe Skillit didn't think he would be boosted a third time. Maybe he didn't ask about a third time because he was going to see what a second boost would net him first, and then if he got to that point would inquire further. I don't know - I'm not skillit, so I'm not exactly comfortable trying to speak on his behalf for his thought process; but I'm doing it because apparently you're faulting me for the way his mind works.
Eld wrote:If your role PM suggests a boost this gives you information on what your targeted player does, and that subsequent boosts would make your action "more powerful" I see no reason why there is any need for the mod to elaborate on that the role PM had not contained that level of detail.
You're infuriating. At the risk of being modkilled, the PM utilizes the word "again" instead of "subsequent boosts." I'm sorry, you'll have to fault me for paraphrasing the mod's PM to skirt around the issue of being modkilled. But, it says it right there in the original role PM: again. As in, If you are boosted again, then X. You should note that "again" is ambiguous (and probably on purpose - otherwise, Electra's information could be deduced by other players): does it mean only once more, multiple times, or what? Skillit didn't know, because he wasn't privy to Electra's information. But he made the assumption that it meant
at least one more time
, which would be a second boost, which is why he asked the mod in such a way.
Eld wrote:It just sounds to me that you're subtly altering your claim as you go along
It sounds like you're faulting me for not quoting the mod and for not being able to fully disclose the mental thought process of a predecessor.
Eld wrote:I feel we are skating on thin ice regarding rule 11 - since I am well aware of post 1 too - but the point I am making is that, even before #1287, your claim is not consistent with the other claims we have had up till now.
I described my role in terms of summing up the flavor text and putting forth my assumption of what it meant in terms of powers, if boosted. Huntress mentioned her flavor and described her power. Incog mentioned his flavor and described his assumption as to what his boost power would be. I don't see the inconsistency.
Eld wrote:On top of that, the "jargon" that you used does not fit with what you are saying you meant - I think because originally you meant something else, or wanted to give yourself latitude to adapt the claim as needed.
This makes no sense. If you look at every time I have used the term "double boosted," it makes perfect sense in the manner in which I meant for it to be interpreted: to be boosted on more than one occasion. There is not a single example where any of my uses of "double boosted" meant "boosted twice within a single day."
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Incognito »

OK, I really see no sense in delaying this any longer. I'm going to answer my previous questions that I plotted for everyone else to show what I'm thinking and finally place my vote/boost for today.
1239, Incognito wrote:What do people think about Green Crayons's post 649?
Upon reading the thread, I didn't like this post at all for pretty much the exact same reasons TDC and Raging Rabbit pointed out. The timing was interesting like TDC mentioned -- it came directly after I switched my vote to Jahudo-GF while Guardian and iLord followed suit with their own Jahudo-votes. It really does look like a last ditch attempt to save the power role scum. The content was interesting as well -- I don't think the length of it was necessarily a bad thing since I know that I often find myself producing fairly lengthy cases as town but really the content and feel is what got me. I didn't see much in that post that was based on gut or "feelings", which I think are things town usually need to determine who's scum. It just looked like a post-by-post dissection that relied almost entirely on logic, which isn't necessarily always a bad thing since you
should
use logic to determine who's scum, but I do think it's bad when it's the sole thing you're using to scum hunt and place a vote.
Incognito wrote:What do people think about eldarad's post 890?
I didn't like this post either but for different reasons than were given by TDC and Raging Rabbit. What stuck out to me about this post was the
way
eldarad addressed the two people he was talking about in this post. "Xtoxm, I don't see why TDC is voting you." The wording just strikes me as odd. He doesn't address TDC directly, i.e. "TDC, I don't understand your vote on Xtoxm.". Instead he addresses Xtoxm almost like eldarad himself is viewing the whole thing as a third person and is attempting to plot two people against one another. I would expect a town eldarad to confront TDC directly rather than the way he did here. This plotting of people against one another seems like a recurring theme in eldarad's play this game -- during Day 1 he even went so far as to label me/iLord/Guardian as a scum team despite the fact that we had been at each other's necks the whole day with very serious votes on one another. Looking back on it now, it seems to me like eldarad was trying to keep up the paranoia that three townies had with one another which could have been helpful for an eldarad-scum in future days.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Another thing I keep revisiting is Jahudo's play this game. I keep questioning myself about whether or not I thought Jahudo's play in this game was good, and I keep arriving at the same conclusion: I don't think Jahudo played a bad game as scum, and I think his only flaw was the spectator-y type of feel that I kept receiving from him. Therefore I really strongly think that both TDC's and Raging Rabbit's swing votes on him were probably coming from town rather than at least one bussing scum buddy. Outside of those votes I haven't seen much from either of the two that would suggest otherwise anyway -- Raging Rabbit strikes me as very tunnel-visioned at times but town nevertheless and TDC has been giving me town vibes from the very beginning of the game too. He's said a lot of things which are just really hard to fake as scum. And anyway, either one of them (if scum) could have easily concocted a case against any of the townies who had wagons on them at the time (me, Guardian, Huntress, iLord) and garnered support for a mislynch. The fact that they didn't and instead helped lynch the power role scum gives me a good feeling.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Xtoxm is town. :D

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

So that leaves Green Crayons and eldarad, which I think is the scum team we're dealing with here. eldarad's recent vote only makes me feel even better about this -- his vote strongly looks like a bussing vote to me since it's based on such weak reasoning when he previously supposedly couldn't see GC as anything but town. Also his whole "at least one of the scums must be boosting Incog" theory seems really ridiculous to even bring up; obviously, eldarad, if you're town you should be thinking that. Like TDC pointed out, the only two people who didn't boost me were a) you and b) me (obviously I can't boost myself). Your need to bring this up just looks like a last minute weak attempt to push the idea that you're town.

And no, I don't support boosting one of the vanillas today -- why take the risk when one of the vanillas could easily be scum who could gain some kind of power when boosted? We're in a LyLo situation where we really don't have a large margin of error to be fooling around with boosts on the vanilla claimants. Your suggestion to do so, eldarad, is extremely scummy.

So yeah, I'm fine with either a Green Crayons or eldarad lynch today and since GC already has a wagon on him, I'll go with this:

Unboost
Boost: Green Crayons

Vote: Green Crayons
(That's L-1.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”