Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Zilla wrote:Telling me who not to argue is anti-town, and is distracting me from my vote decision.
You've accused me of being distracting and a deterrence from scumhunting. Apparently nobody can accuse you of the same?
Zilla wrote:Where the HELL do you get the opinion I think Birthday is town? Quit trying to ascribe these opinions to me.
That's a pretty hypersensitive reaction. Townies don't react like that. They calmly explain themselves. :).

Anyway, I'm basing that on the exact same logic you use to say that I think Panzer is town. You're softly defensive of Birthday. Despite saying that you think he's been scummy, you've avoided voting for him at any point, and your discussion is entirely centered around Panzer/Mykonian/myself. Whenever I've suggested that we lynch Birthday, and that voting for information is dumb, you've turned it around on me by accusing me of defending Panzer or of "knowing alignments." You've avoided taking a stance on Birthday at all costs.

Based on your unwillingness to lynch him, your avoidance of him, and your "soft defense" I can only assume you think he's town, using entirely your own logic. I mean, you've said you think he's scummy a couple of times, but your actions do not support this. You wouldn't happen to "know he's town" would you?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Also, what information would town-Goat or scum-Goat give? I assume you believe it's more information than town-mykonian or scum-mykonian would give?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Zilla wrote:Also, yet again, you are assuming Birthday is confirmed scum and Panzer is confirmed town and that we have a clear choice between lynching scum and lynching town. This is where the scum-mindset is asserting itself, you somehow think it's a clear decision between the two. You constantly try to back your case up by eliminating the argument that "Panzer could be scum." I suspect that's because you already know Panzer's alignment.
I don't assume this at all. You're misrepresenting me and assuming stuff that is simply not true. You have a clear issue reading my posts and understanding them. That much is obvious. Nobody else has any issue reading my posts and understanding what I'm trying to say.

Right now I don't think you're scum or that you're a viable lynch choice for today. I do think you are distracting from deciding lynches, and you keep nitpicking at me for things that are simply untrue or based on misrepresentations of my posting. You are, however, avoiding taking a stance on Birthday at all costs. You constantly keep your vote on targets that nobody else is voting, and keep manipulating the discussion around to my stance on Panzer, or Mykonian.

You need to step up and give a clear stance on Birthday. You say you are suspicious of him, but all your actions suggest you think he's town. What gives?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

I still think Zilla is scum.

I am not SK.

These interactions mean nothing to me right now. Much more useful later.

I expect an angry Dour post, but I have nothing of any importance to comment on except for Militant's notable absence.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Zilla »

Irony noted.

Guys, asking for what specific information a lynch will give beforehand is eating unripened fruit. If you really want to know, I'd say scum goat means scum panzer and scum mykonian, and town birthday, because goat's playing way too heated to not be sincere about his connections. Town goat implicates Birthday and slightly absolves Panzer and Mykonian, though I scum-goat explains a TON more than town-goat does; hence why I think he's a valid target. Scum-goat fits as far as where his connections and observations come from.

Also GIEFF, my lastest post with Goat's "on a completely different subject than our original back-and-forth."

Didn't I already answer town-panzer?
Town Panzer would help us analyze whether his defenders were defending him because they thought he was town or because they knew he was town, rather than leaving it open to speculation on if his defenders are trying to defend a buddy. Revealing the specifics of who falls into which category is harmful and pointless at this point, and potentially destroys sources of information.
You want specifics, I think it adds suspicion to your case, and marginally clears Myk and Goat.

Scum-Birthday... Basically helps Goat a bit, but I don't see much aside from that. Hence why I don't see much information from a Birthday lynch.

Goat's flip is rather analogous with Myk's flip, with the added extention of Birthday, so yes, there's more info to be had from Goat's flip.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

You avoided my question. What is your stance on Birthday?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:20 am

Post by PJ. »

I better post this before I get questioned about inactive lurking.

V/LA until Sunday evening.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 am

Post by ting =) »

dourgrim wrote:I'm not entirely sure if you're all that worried about my level of annoyance, but there it is.
I'm not. I mentioned being sorry because joining a mafia game entails a commitment, and I failed to honour it. Although I am also sorry for annoying you, if that means anything. =/
dourgrim wrote:
ting wrote:This is interesting. If panzer flipped town, what do you think it'd say about myko and why? If he flipped scum? If myko flipped town/scum - panzer?
I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable answering this in the thread for all to see. If we were to lynch Panzer or myko, it could be later misconstrued as me trying to lead the Town, and I'm not trying to do that at all. However, Panzer and myko pretty clearly linked themselves early on in this game, agreed? And, although I don't think links are foolproof ways of finding scum, they can be crucial at times and should be pursued when the case against the lynched and the link are both strong enough. In this case I believe both of those criteria to be applicable. Make sense?
Not really. I don't see how your answer to the question could be construed as leading the town in any way. I also fail to see how leading the town is wrong given as we're supposed to come to a consensus in order to lynch anyone. We're obviously going to assume links between players. I'm just curious what you think it'd say of myko/panzer if the other were lynched given as how you've formed one already. Myko 'defending' panzer could be scum defending scum, or scum-town, or town-scum. To rephrase my question, I just want to know which you think it is and why, really.
dourgrim wrote:
ting wrote:I don't like this. Granted, they took up most of the game, but I still don't think that we have to pick one or the other. Why not neither? Or both? I don't see a dichotomy at all.
That's because you've taken this out of context. The passage you quoted was part of a larger post analyzing GIEFF's case against the possible Panzer/myko link. As my vote (up until recently) indicated, I also believe BB to be a good lynch choice for today... just not the best choice. Therefore, obviously I'm not fixated on a dichotomy here.
No, you misunderstand what I was saying. Maybe my wording wasn't specific enough. I wasn't refering to today's lynch, I was refering to the exact same thing you were, and which I quoted - GIEFF's case and myko's defense. I see no reason why I can't decide that they both seem scummy, or that both of those strike me as coming from townies. The way you phrased your question:
The decision becomes, what do we like less: GIEFF's case or mykonian's defense?
implies that we have to decide between either supporting GIEFF's case or myko's defense.
geiff wrote:This is wrong. This argument has been used before (I think by mykonian), so I'll respond to it.
Not believing your reasons for a vote
is scummy. However, this is hard to see (how do I know what another really believes?), so you have to look for clues

Inconsistency about the reasoning behind a vote is just one possible clue
, and the one I used to conclude that Panzer didn't believe his reasoning for his mykonian vote. Similarly, continuing to tunnel in on a case that has been proved to be ridiculous (as Panzer's initial vote of mykonian was proved) is another possible clue. "Could Panzer REALLY believe that mykonian is the serial killer?" Therefore, continuing to tunnel is NOT a viable strategy to protect the fact that the reasons your case is based on are bullshit.

Yes, tunneling avoids the "inconsistent reasoning" clue, but you are assuming that this is the only possibly way to find fake reasoning, which is not true.
I'm not denying the bold. What I've been saying all along is - how about cases where you're mistaken about your case and so take it back (or other such cases)? The fact that you take it back would imply that you don't believe it - when it was just a mistake all along. I think panzer believed what he was saying at the time, realized how messed up it all was, then took it all back. That's what it reads like to me. Which boils down to my original question really, what makes it seem more like a lie to you instead of a mistake?

I disagree. Like I've already said, this would mean that people who change their minds mid game are scummy just for the fact that they're indecisive. And the converse, people who stick to their gut beliefs no matter how dumb would be town simply because they're consistent with their voting reasons.

gieff wrote:
ting wrote:That was not what Mykonian said.
Yes, it was. Just in other words., as I said.
mykonian wrote:I find it hard to believe you can't see the weak points in your case, even after they have been pointed out.
He is saying that he thinks I DO see the weak points in my case, yet continue to push it anyway; i.e.
I don't believe the case I am pushing, i.e. he doesn't think I believe the logic I am presenting for my Panzer vote
I took myko's meaning to be - "Me and others have been pointing out to you time and time now the weak points in your case, but you're just ignoring them and pushing on anyway." Not that you don't believe to see your case - but that you're refusing to look at any point that disagrees with it. There's a fairly subtle difference. The last sentence in myko's post which you declined to include in your quote would suggest so.
myko wrote:I find it hard to believe you can't see the weak points in your case, even after they have been pointed out.
You simply refuse to see them.
Myko is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, in which case I've read his post wrong and take all this back.
gieff wrote:I don't like this. Granted, they took up most of the game, but I still don't think that we have to pick one or the other. Why not neither? Or both? I don't see a dichotomy at all.
Agreed. It is a false dilemma, trying to get the town to think they must choose between one or the other: a Panzer lynch or a mykonian lynch. [/quote]
This was NOT what I was saying. There's a reason I quoted this bit from dourgrim when I made that point:
dour wrote:he decision becomes, what do we like less:
GIEFF's case
or
mykonian's defense
?
In no way was I talking about who should be lynched today when I made that point. See above. You're welcome to push
this
point if you want, but it's in no way mine.

----

Okay, that's all I need to reply to I think. Doing my catching up now. Post on my thoughts on pages 15 and 16 coming soon-ish.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:20 am

Post by ting =) »

Sigh. I think I messed up a quote tag again in there, in the bottom. It should be:
gieff wrote:
ting wrote:I don't like this. Granted, they took up most of the game, but I still don't think that we have to pick one or the other. Why not neither? Or both? I don't see a dichotomy at all.
Agreed. It is a false dilemma, trying to get the town to think they must choose between one or the other: a Panzer lynch or a mykonian lynch.

This was NOT what I was saying. There's a reason I quoted this bit from dourgrim when I made that point:
dour wrote:the decision becomes, what do we like less:
GIEFF's case
or
mykonian's defense
?
In no way was I talking about who should be lynched today when I made that point. See above.* You're welcome to push this point if you want, but it's in no way mine.

--

*clarification: This is referring to when I made a similar point to Dourgrim. While fixing the quote tags I realized that 'see above' is rather vague.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:31 am

Post by GIEFF »

You are right ting; I went back and read the original context, and Dourgrim said that well before his Zilla-WIFOM post. So at the time he said this, he was not trying to lead the town in this way.

However, the fact remains that he used this
same
false dilemma in his Zilla-WIFOM post. He concluded that a B_B lynch would be bad, so then said he had to fall back on
either
GIEFF
or
the Panzer-Myko connection.

-------------------------------
Zilla wrote:scum-goat explains a TON more than town-goat does; hence why I think he's a valid target.
I disagree whole-heartedly. So if Goat comes up town, we're screwed, basically? If we lynch a scum, we don't NEED any more information for it to have been a successful lynch. If you want to play the lynch-for-information angle, it should at the very least be a way to hedge our bets, i.e. if we do happen o lynch town, at least the towniness of that poster would give us a lot of information.

How many player-links do you (Dourgrim and Zilla) need to make him a better lynch than Panzer?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 am

Post by ting =) »

zilla wrote:My other points are still unrefuted, and I don't see how you could refute them either. You were the first to mention an SK, and I've already said that's pretty cut-and-dry a possible scum move since we don't know for sure if there actually is one. As mafia, it creates a scapegoat. As the SK, it's trying to create a WIFOM where the SK shouldn't be the first to mention it, so someone else ought to be the SK.
...so, the first person to mention an SK in any game in any game is automatically scum? This is in no way a tell, much less a valid tell. At least, not one with the amount of credence you're putting behind it.
zilla wrote:We still don't even know if there is an SK, but there's no reason for a townie to introduce that possibility, even as a joke.It changes the paradigm of the game in a way that is only helpful to town if there IS an SK, and the only way you would know that is if you WERE the SK.
Yes, because random votes
obviously
need to be backed by reason. You're reading too much into a random vote, just like the people who did it early game whom you criticized for arguing too much about minuitae. I can't believe this is still being brought up in page 15.
zilla wrote:On general character during the game, you've basically been defensive of the person who was initially attacking you, to the point that it doesn't even really make sense. I really think that town is susceptible to OMGUS, and for good reason; if someone suspects you, and you're town, you're going to wonder if they're scum trying to frame you for a mislynch.
I don't like this view. OMGUSing someone is a fallacy. For commiting a fallacy, you'd see someone as more likely to be town? And if they don't, then they don't make sense are most likely scum?
gieff wrote:So you don't think scum-GIEFF would ever bus or distance scum-Panzer? Is your suspicion of me really so strong that you are making nested assumptions based on it? I think Panzer is scum, but not so sure that I'm ready to proclaim with certainty that someone he strongly attacks is town.
I think this was a well raised point.
gieff wrote:Was you saying "mislynch" a slip?
This, is not. Please stop with the reading so much into things. Granted, I don't have any control over what you think is relevant, but the amount of posts made over the discussion of possible slips is ridiculous.
ting wrote:Oh,
come on
. It's clear he thinks you're scum, and given that assumption, you'd be attempting a mislynch. I'm sincerely hoping I don't have to read another slew of posts over the usage of a single word.
myko wrote:the confusion if he was serious about me or not. He is not completely clear in this.

But I can't see benefit for scum in this.
Any point with 'i can't see benefit for (insert role here)' is based on assumptions and inherently wifom.
zilla wrote:Ting=) ... [snip] All I can say is that nobody has really looked too deeply into him.
You can easily rectify that if you feel there's something wrong with it.
gieff wrote:Macavitylock/qwints and ting =) are still flying under the radar.
Again, I apologize. I fully intended to be active when I signed up for this game. I've giving my thoughts on everything now though, you're welcome to pick my brain once I'm done with everything.
gieff wrote:I don't think all lying is a universal scumtell, and I never said it was. I do think lying about the reasoning for a vote is scummy, and have explained why that is.
Just to clarify - you, myko and I have different issues on this. Mine is with the word 'lying' since you still haven't given me reason to believe that panzer lieing is more likely than panzer making a mistake. Myko has accepted panzer as lying, but is saying that not all cases of lying are scummy.
zilla wrote:EBWOP: Also Myk's reaction to my request for a summary (seems subgenius is now in support too.)
Not wanting to give a summary. Is a pretty normal response. I still haven't seen anything particularly convincing from you to point that it's a scummy reaction. You seem to feel really strongly about the reactions of people to your asking for a summary, but I point to the fact that nobody else other than you seems particularly convinced of your arguments on it either as showing that they're not really conclusive. It's a null tell.

@gieff 376.
Your meta argument on panzer is the strongest argument I've seen you present against him so far. Also, wow. Researching someone's meta takes more effort than I've seen most people invest in a mafia game. Kudos.
BB wrote:I mean, you have basically told scum: If you stay by your argument, no matter how stupid, you look town to me. So either you are scum trying to validate your tunnel visioning on someone
OR any of your bad arguments because you "really thought that to be truth(para)" or your just a fucking idiot who told scum to take you to lylo and stick by their arguments as long as they are at least half baked and appear to be convinced that their argument is right.
The non strike through portion is actually a pretty good summary of some of the thoughts I've been bouncing round my head. I don't think it's the only explanation for some of the observations I've made of gieff, but it is one of them. The strike through I just plain don't agree with.

@BB's 384.
Ugh. I hate the 'I don't need to bother defending myself' vibe you give off. Or how you blatantly admit to looking scummy, shrug it off, and then give the impression that we should too. It's unhelpful. Also, anti-town. I think I've mentioned this already in my previous post.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:11 am

Post by GIEFF »

@ting; my research into Panzer's meta actually showed that the rate at which he used those words was similar as town and as scum. There were more occurences in the scum-game simply because he had 4 times the number of posts, so I'm going to ignore the "truly/honestly" thing from here on out.

Similarly, my research into Panzer's meta about providing original reasoning for votes also gave Panzer some townie points, lending less credence to that point, too. I still think active lurking/parroting is scummy, but in a game I found where Panzer was scum, he brought up new points and logic CONSTANTLY.

I don't want to base a whole case on meta, but these two things showed me that some of my secondary points on Panzer (i.e. not much original scumhunting and using words "truly" and "honestly" a lot), while scummy, do fit in with Panzer's town-meta.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Dourgrim »

My ISP has been down up until about 15 minutes ago, and I have a meeting in half an hour that I now have to prepare for. I apologize for not delivering on my last post's promise of a logical reply this morning, but I now won't have any time at all until perhaps Sunday, or if not definitely Monday. I'll give myself a :x for that, just to keep things fair.

A quick skim, though, tells me that Zilla, Goat, and ting =) are all most likely Town. GIEFF I'm still not 100% sure about, mostly due to his nitpicky (and occasionally spin-based) style of play and his fixation on tearing my posts apart, but he seems slightly less suspicious than I originally thought because of his mostly logic-based analysis, of which I find myself agreeing with more and more. Panzer and BB are still our two best lynch prospects (in that order). militant is lurking again, which is really pissing me off. Play the @#$%! game already!

That's where I'm at in a nutshell. I'll try to give this game the time it deserves at some point Sunday, but otherwise it'll be Monday.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I looked into the meta of BB and Zilla somewhat last night. I don't feel I learned a whole lot. BB's play in this game is different than his play in both town games he's had (except the common factor: Slicing of wrists), but without a scum game to compare to, I don't see it as all that conclusive. The only game I looked through of Zilla's was a game where she was scum. She was much more passive and less confrontational in that game than she has been here. I should also look through a town game of hers and see if I can get any kind of useful picture.

At any rate, I don't think meta arguments are strong on their own. They are more useful for bolstering a case or weakening a case rather than serving as the actual basis to a case. People change their meta, and how someone plays in this game should be most important. Neither meta has really affected my view of either player involved.

BB: A few times throughout the thread you mentioned that we should be suspicious of players jumping aboard the Panzer wagon with weak reasoning. Were you implying that we aught to be suspicious of you?

I'm reneging on my earlier assessment of Zilla-town. She's back in the 50/50 mix for me. While I think her aggressiveness suggests she is pro-town, her stances have been questionable. I'm hesitant to just give her a pass based on aggressiveness and the appearance of scumhunting alone. Case in point: She attacks me entirely because I opposed her "give me a summary" stance. While I disagree with that vote, it's not that scummy by itself. However, she tries to flower it up by providing other weak reasoning. She was trying to stretch her vote into more than it actually was. When I shoot down that other reasoning, she merely moves on to other points, basically dismissing her poor reasoning and creating a deflection. She continues to employ that tactic. For example, she says I'm defending Panzer because I'm defending Mykonian who is defending Panzer. I say that's a ridiculous argument. She calls me scummy for aggressively defending myself against that point, but doesn't actually address my argument again. That's deflection. Rather than debate a point she knew was wrong, she merely threw suspicion on me for other reasons and dismissed it. I feel she has led a similar crusade against Mykonian (making her case seem more than it actually is, rather than give the honest reasons she's voting him).

Then there is her continued avoidance of giving a stance on BB. And BB has a point. She was defending him prior to even knowing what my case on him was about. After he admitted my case was valid, she threw out a "I need to reassess BB because he agreed with Goat's case" post, but has played as though he is town from that point onward. If you look through her recent posting, you will see her discuss anything and everything but BB. I called her out on not taking a stance, and her post last night ignored my question (which I asked in both posts).

Frankly, I feel she has created a lot of confusion and has "muddied the waters" since joining the game. She has shown she's not stupid, yet she consistently misrepresents or doesn't grasp the simple concepts my posts are discussing. Case in point: Me saying we should lynch for scum not lynch for information, using the example of Panzer if he is town. "Zilla: Goat doesn't want information. Goat knows Panzer is town." Both are gross misrepresentations and I'm having a harder and harder time seeing her legitimately not understand those posts as opposed to deliberately misrepresenting them. Then there is the hypocrisy inherent in "it's scummy when Goat is 'hypersensitive' or 'aggressively defensive'" yet Zilla responded in exactly the same fashion when I nailed her with her own logic.

I feel like I'm Christian Bale here, and Zilla is a Director of Photography checking the lights while I'm trying to do a scene. It's distracting. Constantly forcing me to defend myself over misrepresentations of my stances is both annoying and distracting, and it's certainly not helping us catch scum or decide on a lynch.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:03 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Vote Count VII

Beyond_Birthday
(3): Goatrevolt, GIEFF, Panzerjager

Panzerjager
(3): ting=), subgenius, Dourgrim
GIEFF
(2): mykonian, Zilla
Zilla
(1): Beyond_Birthday

Not Voting:

qwints, springlullaby, militant

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Please notify me if there is a discrepancy in the list above
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:05 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Prodding militant and qwints
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 am

Post by GIEFF »

kloud1516 wrote:
Vote Count VII

Beyond_Birthday

Panzerjager
GIEFF
Zilla

Not Voting:

I think Zilla is voting for goatrevolt.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:31 am

Post by qwints »

FTR, it hasn't quite been 48 hours since my last post.

vote Beyond_Birthday

I now think that BB is the most likely scum.

[quote = "Beyond_Birthday"]
I never said it wasn't scummy. I never changed my mind. I took your word for and made up reasons that were relatively sensible. I wasn't really playing this game, was okay to lynch Panzer (not expecting it to happen, but figured the information would be worth it) and that I could leave the wagon quietly, but this didn't happen. I am not saying that these actions are void of being scummy. They can be very scummy. STUPID scum, but could be scummy. On the other hand, this does make me stupid (or particularly lazy) townie too, but I digress.
[/quote]

Defending scummy play by calling yourself lazy/stupid is unhelpful. This wasn't the first time BB did so. It looks to me like scum trying to pre-empt discussion of their scummy behavior.
Birthday_Boy wrote:
*Shrugs* I lied about both. I don't really care if you view it either way, you'll just have to assume that there is a chance I am either side (which is possible even if I was scum) and find that I am town or not. It's still your decision, but we'll see what happens.
Another instance of admitting to anti-town behavior instead of explaining it. You can't just ask us to write off your scummy behavior.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 am

Post by qwints »

forgive my idiot tags.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Zilla »

First, in strict terms of scumminess, BB is hovering around 75% for me, and I would not be disappointed with his lynch. I'm not voting him because it's not near deeadline and I believe I've got more valid targets to pursue.
GIEFF wrote:
Zilla wrote:scum-goat explains a TON more than town-goat does; hence why I think he's a valid target.
I disagree whole-heartedly. So if Goat comes up town, we're screwed, basically?
Where does this come from? I'm saying that scum-goat makes a ton more sense than town-goat, it explains how he's been behaving, distracting, defending, and possibly distancing.
If we lynch a scum, we don't NEED any more information for it to have been a successful lynch.
True, which is why I want to lynch goat in the first place. As an addendum though, extra information helps "clean up." and I'd rather lynch scum that you can follow up on than dead-end scum.
If you want to play the lynch-for-information angle,
Which I'm not, and never have, I just had to try to explain the logic behind it to Goat.
it should at the very least be a way to hedge our bets, i.e. if we do happen o lynch town, at least the towniness of that poster would give us a lot of information.
You're saying it wouldn't?
How many player-links do you (Dourgrim and Zilla) need to make him a better lynch than Panzer?
I think he's a better lynch than panzer in spite of the links Panzer offers. You're trying to construe it as only lynching for information, just like Goat did on the panzer case himself.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 am

Post by kloud1516 »

GIEFF wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:
Vote Count VII

Beyond_Birthday

Panzerjager
GIEFF
Zilla

Not Voting:

I think Zilla is voting for goatrevolt.
You are correct. Thank you very much.
:D
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Zilla »

Dourgrim, you're going to hate this post, but Goat's at it again: Misrepresentations that I've already corrected are being asserted YET AGAIN. Defense by twisting the attacker's case is scummy, and he's done it every time I've built a case.

Goatrevolt wrote:I looked into the meta of BB and Zilla somewhat last night. I don't feel I learned a whole lot. BB's play in this game is different than his play in both town games he's had (except the common factor: Slicing of wrists), but without a scum game to compare to, I don't see it as all that conclusive. The only game I looked through of Zilla's was a game where she was scum. She was much more passive and less confrontational in that game than she has been here. I should also look through a town game of hers and see if I can get any kind of useful picture.
Most of my mafia history is offsite, though I have two town games (three town incarnations due to replacing back into Family Guy after death) on this site.
I'm reneging on my earlier assessment of Zilla-town.
Big surprise, whenever my points on you are unsawerable, you put this back in your argument.
She's back in the 50/50 mix for me. While I think her aggressiveness suggests she is pro-town, her stances have been questionable. I'm hesitant to just give her a pass based on aggressiveness and the appearance of scumhunting alone. Case in point: She attacks me entirely because I opposed her "give me a summary" stance.
I didn't have a RVS, you know, I had to start somewhere.
While I disagree with that vote, it's not that scummy by itself. However, she tries to flower it up by providing other
weak reasoning.

First, be specific; what reasoning of mine is so weak? Your glittering generality seems to be a way to avoid letting your readers actually make up their mind about whether that reasoning actually was weak.
She was trying to stretch her vote into more than it actually was.
a vote?
When I shoot down that other reasoning, she merely moves on to other points,
Misconstruction: other points emerged on further analysis. If you're town, you shouldn't have problems answering accusations.
basically dismissing her poor reasoning and creating a deflection.
You didn't ever specify how I was "deflecting" or what I was "deflecting" from; I'm on the offensive, where am I going to deflect? Also, yet again, note the use of language; "poor reasoning" without citing any examples. Goat ignores my points where I tell him his defense is inadequate.
She continues to employ that tactic. For example, she says I'm defending Panzer because I'm defending Mykonian who is defending Panzer.
MISCONSTRUCTION. I know you were trying to elicit that response from me in some of your posts, but this is blatantly a lie. You are defending panzer by claiming logic says he's scum but your gut says he's town, and instead pushing against his lynch.
I say that's a ridiculous argument. She calls me scummy for aggressively defending myself against that point, but doesn't actually address my argument again.
Because that argument never existed. Moreover, how many arguments of mine have you dropped?

DEAR READER: Quite a challenge here, but I implore you to read between my posts and Goat's posts, and note how many of my accusations are still outstanding. I'm reading over my own posts, and it's entirely too much work to point out them all

That's deflection. Rather than debate a point she knew was wrong, she merely threw suspicion on me for other reasons and dismissed it.
Here's the pot calling the China black; you always try to answer my arguments by contorting them bizzarely and answering different arguments that I didn't make.
I feel she has led a similar crusade against Mykonian (making her case seem more than it actually is, rather than give the honest reasons she's voting him).
Links plz?
Then there is her continued avoidance of giving a stance on BB.
I thought you were just being ironic. My stance on BB was pretty obvious, IMO.
And BB has a point. She was defending him prior to even knowing what my case on him was about. After he admitted my case was valid, she threw out a "I need to reassess BB because he agreed with Goat's case" post, but has played as though he is town from that point onward.
Links plz?
If you look through her recent posting, you will see her discuss anything and everything but BB. I called her out on not taking a stance, and her post last night ignored my question (which I asked in both posts).
Again, I thought you were being ironic, and my stance on birthday was pretty clear from this post.
Frankly, I feel she has created a lot of confusion and has "muddied the waters" since joining the game. She has shown she's not stupid, yet she consistently misrepresents or doesn't grasp the simple concepts my posts are discussing.
Are you sure that's me, and not... you?
Case in point: Me saying we should lynch for scum not lynch for information, using the example of Panzer if he is town. "Zilla: Goat doesn't want information. Goat knows Panzer is town." Both are gross misrepresentations and I'm having a harder and harder time seeing her legitimately not understand those posts as opposed to deliberately misrepresenting them.
You fail to answer the accusation and instead try to deflect back on me. Hypocrisy++.
Then there is the hypocrisy inherent in "it's scummy when Goat is 'hypersensitive' or 'aggressively defensive'" yet Zilla responded in exactly the same fashion when I nailed her with her own logic.
Links plz?
I feel like I'm Christian Bale here, and Zilla is a Director of Photography checking the lights while I'm trying to do a scene. It's distracting.
Constantly forcing me to defend myself over misrepresentations of my stances is both annoying and distracting
, and it's certainly not helping us catch scum or decide on a lynch.
Bold: So you know how I feel then?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zilla, what were you hoping to accomplish with your latest post, and how does it help the town?
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Zilla »

^ Why are you always defending Goat?

My post is showing how goat is scummy for (among other things) lying, hypocrisy, dishonesty, misrepresentation, and failure to adequately address outstanding claims.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm not going toe to toe with you again. The way you pick apart at my posts is frustrating, and is impossible to argue against. I literally could go through this thread, pick a random post, and pick it apart like you do with mine. It's not proving anything, you're just nitpicking at context-less words. I did read your post, however, and 3 points come to mind.

1. You saying "the argument didn't exist" in regards to you accusing me of defending Panzer by defending mykonian. That's a lie. You assert it in 421, I defend immediately against it in post 424 and your response in 429 does exactly what I'm accusing you of. You ignore the actual argument itself. You never go back to the point you raised in 421 that I answered in 424. Rather, you attack me for a "fire and brimstone" response and accuse me of not answering a different question (a question I had already answered). That is the deflection and dismissal I'm talking about. You make a ridiculous accusation that you do not back up. I defend against it. You ignore my actual defense, and twist it around so that I'm somehow scummy. That's not scumhunting at all. That's trying to pin me as scummy.

2. Arguing about there being unanswered questions I haven't answered is wrong. Can anyone else say this is true? I've answered every question Zilla has presented to me. If there are any that have been missed, it's because it's somewhere in the midst of a "smear goat" post that we both have already agreed not to continue. If Zilla actually thought I was avoiding questions, she would have harrassed me about it. This is just baseless suspicion, and furthermore this is deflection and dismissal of my arguments. I argue: You don't have a definitive stance on BB. She says: You haven't answered questions of mine! Deflection.

3. Your stance on BB. No, I was not ironic. No your stance on Birthday was not clear. This is getting ridiculous. You asked me for a stance on Panzer, despite me giving you that stance a while back. Ok, fine, maybe you forgot it. So I linked to the the post with my Panzer stance immediately after you asked the question. Then you attacked me 4 different times for not giving a stance on Panzer, despite me linking to a post with my stance on Panzer. Finally you gave this ultimatum "give your stance on Panzer, and you can't link." So I essentially just restated what I had typed in that post, which was my current stance. Compare how Zilla acted in that above scenario with how she acted here.

I ask for her stance on Birthday. She ignores that question repeatedly. Her response when finally forced to give an opinion: "I thought it was obvious from [link]." What hypocrisy. She railed on me for not providing my stance on Panzer despite me linking to my current stance. Then she doesn't answer my question asking for her stance, and she responds by saying it should have been obvious and gives a link. What the fuck. The hypocrisy here is off the freaking charts.

----------------

Now, as for your actual "stance" on Birthday. You call it obvious, and you link to a post. That post is not a stance. You attack Birthday, you do not take a stand on him. Furthermore, your final paragraph is basically "I thought Goat was wrong because I didn't actual read the points he was making, but now Birthday says he's right, so when I go back and look I see what Goat was saying." Backtracking and bullshit.

So basically, in that post we have you going through Birthday agreeing with my case on him and saying "I didn't agree with this, but since you agree I was wrong. This is scummy." over and over again. You don't reach a conclusion. You don't say whether or not you actually think Birthday is scum. That's not a stance. Your play from that point out goes to great care to ignore Birthday. It involves attacks on me, mykonian, discussion on pairing players, discussion on lynching for information. You don't address Birthday again.

So how about an answer. What is your stance on Birthday? You can continue to skirt around it or you can give a definitive answer. Tell me point blank what "75%" means? 75% likely chance he is to be scum? If so, why aren't you voting him? That's a higher percentage than you have attributed to anyone else. Your "it's not deadline so I'm voting Goat" angle rings insincere. You've avoided him, and you got pissed off when GIEFF told you that I wasn't getting lynched today. That suggests that you are entertaining the idea of lynching me. Hell, your vote is on me. Why aren't you voting who you actually think is most likely to be scum here?

Furthermore, you have spent quite a deal of time making it clear you value connections among players. If Birthday is 75%, and if I'm less likely to be scum if Birthday is scum (who is 75%) then according to the Zilla scale, I'm less likely to be scum. Point blank. Why the F asterisk C K are you voting for me. That doesn't make any sense. You are voting for someone nobody else supports a lynch on, who you consider less likely to be scum than BB, and whose chance of being scum goes down if Birthday is scum. That doesn't make any sense.

FoS Zilla

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”