Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

GnKoichi wrote:Whoa. Good catch Townmiral.

unvote, vote: Rofl
Really. 'splain.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Sure, as ThAd pointed out, Rofl accused me of scumminess way back when. This was the first time I called one of you out on not backing up your accusations. But then it got lost in the giant shuffle of misreads, pm claims, and continued baseless scum calls. Unless ThAd and I are wrong, he never came back and explained what he said he saw in my post that was scummy. That's a long time to wait for a simple answer that any town player should have been able to provide.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:31 am

Post by roflcopter »

oh please, you don't think its possible that just like you i forgot to go back to it because so much was going on?

and admiral, i asked for a link so i could go see it in situ, but i guess i'll just have to go back and trawl through the early game to see what the hell was going on
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 am

Post by roflcopter »

it was for your shitty attack on strangercoug/defending ssk all in one. the latter doesn't mean what i thought it meant at the time as ssk is probably not scum at this point, but the strangercoug attack was still bullshit.

rooting around on the same page i noticed a really scummy "me too" vote from empking onto sc for your bad reasons, which makes the possible emp lynch today more delicious.

but you and admiral arbitrarily voting for me for not elaborating on a fucking fos i made 40 pages ago is really fucking stupid.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I think it's worth it considering that was the first time in a long pattern of baseless accusations from both you and PotS. It set the stage for the two of you to get away with whatever you wanted.
---
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

i notice that your highly conditional vote (he didn't explain this specific bit way back when!) hasn't evaporated now that i have explained, nor have you said anything regarding what i actually had to say about your actions from way back. instead you just take up a metagripe with me and penguins.
soi soi soi

GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Fine.

Your point: My attack on SC was bullshit.
My counterpoint: No, it wasn't.

Between you asking me to defend against an argument you haven't actually made and PotS asking people to explain when he never does himself, it's a wonder either of you are still in the game.
---
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

so, whats your reason for voting me now that there is an explanation for what had been unexplained?
soi soi soi

GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:52 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I don't think you actually explained anything. You say the attack was BS, but gave no reason why. You also admitted that half of your reasons, the defending of ssk, was moot. So, where in that was I supposed to find you not worthy of my vote? Not like it matters. The players who aren't playing are making it impossible to lynch anyone, so we're going to go to deadline without a lynch.
---
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

you're defeatist attitude towards an impending no lynch is hella scummy. if you really think we're in danger of no lynching at deadline your vote should be on one of the vote leaders to make it in any way possible to get a majority, not thrown away on someone who, lets face it, isn't getting lynched today no matter what you do.

and where exactly did i say the second point was
moot
? i said it didn't mean what i thought it meant at the time.
soi soi soi

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 am

GnKoichi wrote:...Unless ThAd and I are wrong...
Not so long ago, you thought LitrAdmiral was scummy. Things have really, really changed in your corner. You two are all over each other. It's even making roflcopter and me uncomfortable.

Hahahaha.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 am

GnKoichi wrote:... a long pattern of baseless accusations from both you and PotS.
Whoa. Some of my accusations may be gut, but good luck finding any that deserve to be called 'baseless.'
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 am

GnKoichi wrote:I don't think you actually explained anything. You say the attack was BS, but gave no reason why. You also admitted that half of your reasons, the defending of ssk, was moot.
I hate it when players are berated for changing their minds when they have new evidence, or find a scummier player.
GnKoichi wrote:The players who aren't playing are making it impossible to lynch anyone, so we're going to go to deadline without a lynch.
No. That's you and your LitrAdmiral pal.

Now you have me thinking, maybe I should move my vote to LitrAdmiral instead of Empking. It's really tearing me apart. I am puzzled by the extreme change between Koichi and LitrAdmiral to a pre Valentine's Day lovefest, as there seems to be at best the flimsiest of rationalization for their mutual attraction. But what do I know about the workings of Cupid? I doubt that two scumpals would be all over each other like that, though. WIFOM I know, but I can't see Koichi and LitrAdmiral as buddies much. Both, however, are individually, and separately scummy. As is Empking.

I have to mull this over.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Vino »

Five days to deadline. This is starting to look like a no lynch, nobody has more than four votes, and posting frequency is rather low, with lots of lurkers.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Weakest. Vote. Ever.
Sticking with ThAd over my period of absence. Lynch him while I'm gone, pretty please.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Weakest. Vote. Ever.
Sticking with ThAd over my period of absence. Lynch him while I'm gone, pretty please.
OK

unvote, vote: ThAdmiral
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

I am not purposly lurking. When no one is talking, there is nothing to talk about. I still think that TheAd is the best lynch, but I would also be willing to coordinate a lynch on empking if neccasary.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vino wrote:Five days to deadline. This is starting to look like a no lynch, nobody has more than four votes, and posting frequency is rather low, with lots of lurkers.
5 days is a lot of time, espeally since most people, it seems, would be pretty happy with either an empking or an admeral vote. No lynch would be terrible, but I don't understand why you and Gn are suddenly acting like it's going to happen; I hope the town isn't that dumb, and I see no reason to assume we are. There's more then enough active players to lynch someone here. [star wars quote]I find your lack of faith disturbing.[/star wars]

On another note, Gn's actions during the last page or so look really scummy. The reason he gave for voting Rofl was pretty damn weak, especally considering that we are getting closer to a deadline, and there's no wagon of rofl, and Gn seems worried about a no-lynch. Now, if Gn had a really strong case against rofl and thought he could start a new wagon today and get him lynched, and he persued it really agressivly, I would be fine with that, but instead his rofl vote is weak, unlikely to go anywhere, and it sounds like he himself dosn't expect his vote to go anywhere. Frankly, vote looks more like an excuse by Gn to stay away from the two bandwagons that might go somehwere, either to try and cause a no-lynch, or because he dosn't want to be a part of a lynch wagon in order to avoid leaving a record, or both.

My random shot in the dark guess here, based solely on Gn's actions, would be that Gn is scum, that ThAdmiral is town, and that Gn is trying to get some pro-town points by saying so repeatedly, while at the same time not actually getting in the way of the Admiral bandwagon in any way or pushing any other viable bandwagon. In other words, it looks to me like Gn wants the Admeral bandwagon to succeed, but wants it to succed while he is going on the record as being opposed to it in order to make himself look good. That's just a shot in the dark here, could easily be wrong in any number of ways, but that's the kind of the vibe I'm getting from Gn's posts right now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:03 am

@ Yos

Is there anyting to infer from Koichi's behavior re: the Empking wagon?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:@ Yos

Is there anyting to infer from Koichi's behavior re: the Empking wagon?
Not really; he hasn't mentioned it the EmpKing wagon in a long time, I don't think (based on a quick skim of his posts; if I missed something, let me know), which, if Gn is scum, might mean Empking is his scumbuddy, or might mean Empking is town and he dosn't want to be associated with that wagon either.

I will mention that doing this kind of reasoning always makes me nervous, since I'm starting with an unproven assumption and then going way out on a limb by trying to deduce things from that; don't put too much credence on that last paragraph about Gn and ThAd; I'm not, I'd still vote ThAd at deadline if necessary. It's just that, if Gn *is* scum, much of his recent behavior looks like him trying to intentionally and loudly link himself to ThAd (declaring him pro-town over and over again, using ThAd's reasonable question to Rofl as an excuse for an unreasonable vote, ect) which makes me think Gn and ThAd aren't scum together.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Vino »

Yosarian2 wrote:I hope the town isn't that dumb
I try not to make mistakes involving me assuming that other people are smart. I don't mean to insult everybody's intelligence, but people in large groups tend to act stupidly, and this is my first game this large, and I perceive it to be moving slow enough that it is in significant danger of stalling before the deadline.

In my opinion Empking is the better lynch, but since ThAdmiral is being the squeakier wheel it looks as though he is getting the most momentum. I'll switch if we get closer and still no lynch.

Unofficial vote count

Penguins of the Serengeti(1): Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt(3): OrangePenguin, Yosarian2, Vino
roflcopter(2): ThAdmiral, GnKoichi
StrangerCoug(1): MafiaSSK
ThAdmiral(5): roflcopter, Lowell, Numberfourteen, Knight of Cydonia, Penguins of the Serengeti
To Lynch: 9
Deadline: February 18

Not voting: roflcopter, Honcho, BSG, StrangerCoug, alvinz95
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Not really; he hasn't mentioned it the EmpKing wagon in a long time, I don't think (based on a quick skim of his posts; if I missed something, let me know), which, if Gn is scum, might mean Empking is his scumbuddy, or might mean Empking is town and he dosn't want to be associated with that wagon either.
I agree with this assessment.
Yosarian2 wrote:It's just that, if Gn *is* scum, much of his recent behavior looks like him trying to intentionally and loudly link himself to ThAd (declaring him pro-town over and over again, using ThAd's reasonable question to Rofl as an excuse for an unreasonable vote, ect) which makes me think Gn and ThAd aren't scum together.
In doing so, he's also ignoring the Empking wagon by voting elsewhere. So I'm thinking that if Koichi is scum, then he's scum with Empking, and vice-versa.

On the basis of the above, I wouldn't be averse to sacrificing Empking to find out. He's scummy AND dispensable.

@ Vino: thanks for the count. I'm pretty sure copter is voting LitrAdmiral.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Not really; he hasn't mentioned it the EmpKing wagon in a long time, I don't think (based on a quick skim of his posts; if I missed something, let me know), which, if Gn is scum, might mean Empking is his scumbuddy, or might mean Empking is town and he dosn't want to be associated with that wagon either.
I agree with this assessment.
Yosarian2 wrote:It's just that, if Gn *is* scum, much of his recent behavior looks like him trying to intentionally and loudly link himself to ThAd (declaring him pro-town over and over again, using ThAd's reasonable question to Rofl as an excuse for an unreasonable vote, ect) which makes me think Gn and ThAd aren't scum together.
In doing so, he's also ignoring the Empking wagon by voting elsewhere. So I'm thinking that if Koichi is scum, then he's scum with Empking, and vice-versa.
That could be. Or it could be that he knows both major wagons are on townies, and so just wants to sit back and let the town kill each other without getting in the way or getting blood on his hands. Either one seems to fit his actions.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Vino »

Oops, my bad.

Not voting: Honcho, BSG, StrangerCoug, alvinz95

I'll be posting these semi-regularly. Not trying to take over the role of mod, it's mostly for myself because I like to know what the vote count is especially getting this close to deadline.
Show

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:That could be. Or it could be that he knows both major wagons are on townies, and so just wants to sit back and let the town kill each other without getting in the way or getting blood on his hands. Either one seems to fit his actions.
If that's true, then we should lynch Koichi...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”